Join Us

We are 225,737 members in 83 forums discussing 164,196 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Mirror, a place to reflect a conservative view of the world.

Forum: Bonded by Breast Cancer —

For those who have met on Breastcancer.org and want to continue growing their cybersibling friendships beyond cancer.

Posted on: Sep 16, 2012 09:12AM

PatMom wrote:

This is a space for the more conservative members of our sisterhood to feel comfortable expressing themselves. 

This is first and foremost a breast cancer support site, and as we have seen too often, even famous people get diagnosed with breast cancer, so please be aware in your posts of the public nature of this site, and that we never really know who might be reading here.

Until the time when someone comes up with a definitive "cure", we each have to cobble together what we believe will be the most effective treatment that we can live with, not merely survive.

Page 39 of 208 (6,234 results)

Posts 1141 - 1170 (6,234 total)

Oct 26, 2012 08:08PM LauraGTO wrote:

^^^ LOL Too funny! Have you seen this:

With hope there are possibilities. Dx 7/2005, ILC, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 26, 2012 08:14PM LauraGTO wrote:

From the article Sherri posted:

“Were they denied requests for help during the attack?” he asked.

“Well, we are finding out exactly what happened,” the president again said. “I can tell you, as I’ve said over the last couple of months since this happened...

Well...OMG!!! When the he** is he going to find out what happened? Wow...he is totally delusional, out of touch...and incompetant...WOW...

With hope there are possibilities. Dx 7/2005, ILC, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 26, 2012 08:15PM LauraGTO wrote:

Sherri - I watched the Crowdy parody...LMBO!!!

Oct 26, 2012 08:28PM LauraGTO wrote:

In March of this year the The New England Journal of Medicine CONFIRMED that Medicare Advantage plans performed BETTER than Traditional "Fee For Service" Medicare a WHOPPING 9 of 11 measures. In fact, it advised AGAINST Barack Obama's plans for Medicare outlined in Obamacare. And I quote from the NEJM: "The Affordable Care Act lowers benchmarks while continuing to base Medicare Advantage payments on fee-for-service spending levels. A better reform, would break that link: traditional Medicare would also submit bids, the government would set payment levels equal to each county's lowest bid, and beneficiaries desiring a more expensive plan would have to pay the difference." Folks, these reforms are IDENTICAL to the reforms that Paul Ryan VP and Mitt Romney are proposing to preserve the life of Medicare for future generations. And, what do we get from Obama? Commercials of Paul Ryan pushing Grandma off a cliff. How sad and counterproductive.

Oct 26, 2012 09:07PM LauraGTO wrote:

There was a "survivor" in the Bnghazi attack...where is he? What's his version?

Oct 26, 2012 10:08PM LauraGTO wrote:

Nancy - Hope you're feeling better soon. AND YES!!! THANK GOODNESS FOR FOX!!!

Paula - Hope you're feeling better each hour!

Okay girls...this is really bugging me. I could SWEAR that I heard of a survivor in the Benghazi attack. It was only mentioned during the very initial reports. He supposedly sought refuge on the roof of the compound. But now I am not hearing anything about him. Did any of you girls hear about this? I am really curious.

Oct 26, 2012 10:19PM - edited Oct 27, 2012 06:36AM by LauraGTO

Powell, shmowell...who really cares who he endorses. Sigh...

The only endorsement I care about is the endorsement of the American Voters...come November 6th...

Oct 27, 2012 06:35AM Mardibra wrote:

MSM ignoring the cover up!

michaelgraham.com/archives/rip...

IDC and DCIS. Lumpectomy/AND 10/21/11. Chemo 12/1 - 3/15. UMX 4/13/2012. Rads completed 7/3/12. DIEP reconstruction to begin Jan 2013. Dx 8/31/2011, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 7/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 27, 2012 07:50AM - edited Oct 27, 2012 07:52AM by PatMom

There has been much discussion all over the political spectrum about "jounalistic integrity" and how it has been lacking in much of our news coverage from all sources in recent years.  This is how the Society of Professional Journalists defines that integrity.  I haven't seen nearly enough of this integrity from any news source lately, have you? 

http://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp

Seek Truth and Report It

Journalists should be honest, fair and courageous in gathering,  reporting and interpreting information.
Journalists should:

— Test the accuracy of information from all sources and exercise care to avoid  inadvertent error. Deliberate distortion is never permissible. — Diligently seek out subjects of news stories to give them the opportunity  to respond to allegations of wrongdoing. — Identify sources whenever feasible. The public is entitled to as much information  as possible on sources' reliability. — Always question sources’ motives before promising anonymity. Clarify  conditions attached to any promise made in exchange for information. Keep  promises. — Make certain that headlines, news teases and promotional material, photos,  video, audio, graphics, sound bites and quotations do not misrepresent. They  should not oversimplify or highlight incidents out of context. — Never distort the content of news photos or video. Image enhancement for  technical clarity is always permissible. Label montages and photo illustrations. — Avoid misleading re-enactments or staged news events. If re-enactment is  necessary to tell a story, label it. — Avoid undercover or other surreptitious methods of gathering information  except when traditional open methods will not yield information vital to the  public. Use of such methods should be explained as part of the story — Never plagiarize. — Tell the story of the diversity and magnitude of the human experience boldly,  even when it is unpopular to do so. — Examine their own cultural values and avoid imposing those values on others. — Avoid stereotyping by race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, geography,  sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance or social status. — Support the open exchange of views, even views they find repugnant. — Give voice to the voiceless; official and unofficial sources of information  can be equally valid. — Distinguish between advocacy and news reporting. Analysis and commentary  should be labeled and not misrepresent fact or context. — Distinguish news from advertising and shun hybrids that blur the lines between  the two. — Recognize a special obligation to ensure that the public's business is conducted  in the open and that government records are open to inspection.

Minimize Harm
Ethical journalists treat sources, subjects and colleagues as human beings deserving of respect.
Journalists should:
— Show compassion for those who may be affected adversely by news coverage.  Use special sensitivity when dealing with children and inexperienced sources  or subjects. — Be sensitive when seeking or using interviews or photographs of those affected  by tragedy or grief. — Recognize that gathering and reporting information may cause harm or discomfort.  Pursuit of the news is not a license for arrogance. — Recognize that private people have a greater right to control information  about themselves than do public officials and others who seek power, influence  or attention. Only an overriding public need can justify intrusion into anyone’s  privacy. — Show good taste. Avoid pandering to lurid curiosity. — Be cautious about identifying juvenile suspects or victims of sex crimes. — Be judicious about naming criminal suspects before the formal filing of  charges. — Balance a criminal suspect’s fair trial rights with the public’s  right to be informed.

Act Independently
Journalists should be free of obligation to any interest other  than the public's right to know.
Journalists should:
—Avoid conflicts of interest, real or perceived. — Remain free of associations and activities that may compromise integrity  or damage credibility. — Refuse gifts, favors, fees, free travel and special treatment, and shun  secondary employment, political involvement, public office and service in  community organizations if they compromise journalistic integrity. — Disclose unavoidable conflicts. — Be vigilant and courageous about holding those with power accountable. — Deny favored treatment to advertisers and special interests and resist

Be Accountable
Journalists are accountable to their readers, listeners, viewers  and each other.
Journalists should:
— Clarify and explain news coverage and invite dialogue with the public over  journalistic conduct. — Encourage the public to voice grievances against the news media. — Admit mistakes and correct them promptly. — Expose unethical practices of journalists and the news media. — Abide by the same high standards to which they hold others.
Until the time when someone comes up with a definitive "cure", we each have to cobble together what we believe will be the most effective treatment that we can live with, not merely survive.

Oct 27, 2012 09:28AM Mardibra wrote:

"Journalists should be free of obligation to any interest other  than the public's right to know."

Too bad this isnt happening in regard to Benghazi.

IDC and DCIS. Lumpectomy/AND 10/21/11. Chemo 12/1 - 3/15. UMX 4/13/2012. Rads completed 7/3/12. DIEP reconstruction to begin Jan 2013. Dx 8/31/2011, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 7/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 27, 2012 11:03AM LauraGTO wrote:

Nancy - Thanks for the article...I read Free Republic often.

Had to share this:

Oct 27, 2012 11:16AM PatMom wrote:

OMG, a New York City paper endorsing a Republican for President? WOW.

Talk about not being able to hold onto your base.

Oct 27, 2012 11:35AM - edited Oct 27, 2012 11:35AM by Mardibra

This Post was deleted by Mardibra.

Oct 27, 2012 11:37AM Mardibra wrote:

Mitt’s Amazing Lead Among Independents:

chart mitt lead with independents oct 27

Updated chart of Romney’s lead, lead w/ independents and Democratic party ID advantage. Obama's only leads w/ independents are in the two oldest polls.

Oct 27, 2012 12:58PM ShirleyHughes wrote:

17 hours ago SherriG wrote:

How inconvenient for the leftists who are forced to make themselves look like fools when they try to defend this.  It truly is indefensible.  Four Americans are dead.  Obama watched it in real time and did NOTHING to even try to help them.  Defend that

Was Obama even there?  This pResident of the WH is despicable.  I could have used a much stronger word for him or I could have just called him a bull shi++er. 

Did y'all know that the dumbarse Biden went up to Tyrone Woods's father and asked...watch the less than two minute video.  I couldn't believe it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl2DcHAB2O4&feature=player_embedded
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference

Oct 27, 2012 01:12PM ShirleyHughes wrote:

Laura, I heard a report sometime back someone (I thought it was one of the seals)  was trying to get the ambassador out. He got Sean Smith out, but he was already deceased.  And, he couldn't find the ambassador.  He could barely breathe so went on the roof top and passed out.  I'm not sure where it goes from there. 

Bret Baier has updated his Benghazi investigation.  I am going to watch it later.  It was on earlier but re-run a couple of more times.  I believe that's where I saw the reporting on the fella who went on the roof.

And, if any leftist, liberal or otherwise wants to accuse us of being political about this...your darned freaking right.  It should be political.  It's about the Commander-in-Chief who is up for re-election.  And, furthermore, it's their fault that our imagination is going wild.  They will NOT answer questions.  I have NEVER seen ANYTHING like this.  Good thing Bush was around when this happened and was too scared speak honestly to the American people.  Geez, he got crucified for sitting too long with the children while reading them a book.  You just can't fix STUPID!

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference

Oct 27, 2012 01:32PM ShirleyHughes wrote:

This is heart wrenching.  We've heard a lot about Tyrone Woods, but not Glen Doherty.  He did some amazing things.  This is a two minute video.  Please watch it.  If the lefties can still defend Obama's nonaction after seeing this father then something is very wrong with them.  If they keep buying into...we're still getting info...BS!  When Seals ask for backup what more information do you need?  I would not want my children serving under this complainer/blamer-in-chief. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/17/glen-doherty-navy-seal-libya-attack_n_1891566.html?utm_hp_ref=impact

Oct 27, 2012 01:46PM Mardibra wrote:

preparing for Sandy...power outages are a definite.  Candles - check, food - check, coffee - check, flashlight - check!  Ready to go...

Oct 27, 2012 02:20PM LauraGTO wrote:

BE SAFE FELLOW PATRIOTS!!!

This is sick:

Jeffco ‘Democrat Of The Year’ Convicted Of Felony Theft

October 26, 2012 5:54 PM

Jefferson County, CO - The woman named “Democrat of The Year” this year by the Jefferson County Democratic Party has been convicted of felony theft by a Jefferson County jury for stealing from a developmentally disabled 71-year-old woman.

“The jury did right,” said Cindy Maxwell, an advocate for the victim.

On Thursday, a jury convicted 66-year-old Estelle Carson of felony identify theft and felony theft from an at risk adult for stealing checks from the woman and using them to pay her own cable, cell phone and internet bills.

The victim is partially blind, developmentally disabled, has cerebral palsy and is confined to a wheelchair. She is on a fixed income of $596 per month according to the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office.

(Estelle Carson - "Democrat of the Year")

Oct 27, 2012 04:14PM 122312 wrote:

Shirley,

I reply to you you because we are fellow southeastern NC women.

I want to tell you about a woman in Alaska who is struggling.  She fled from domestic abuse, staying in shelters for many months.  She got out of that shelter, thanks to Section 8 housing help and is looking for a job.  Her oldest child is severly disabled by an autism spectrem disorder.  She got help for her daughter through goverment programs. Her daughter now makes eye contact and smiles. 

I am an NC lawyer, and I applaud your daughter's success.

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness,

A goal that we can all embrace,

Carol

Oct 27, 2012 05:03PM - edited Oct 27, 2012 05:04PM by Soteria205

Hi Girls~I've been reading all the posts, just not posting. I'm trying to wean myself off the drugs, taking them just at bedtime or naptime. During the day I'm taking Tylenol.

Friends from church just brought our dinner. Steak, baked potato, salad, & rolls. It was scrumptious. This the fourth day in a row someone from church brought our dinner.
We have the most awesome church family. I'm going to do my very best to go to church in the morning. I'll go, and if its too much, we'll just leave early. Besides, I haven't been out the door since I left the hospital on Tuesday.

Have follow up appt with the BS on Tuesday. I'm a little apprehensive about the final path report.

Ohio is purple! Moving towards red.

Blessings
Paula

FIGHT LIKE A WARRIOR!!! Dx 7/27/2012, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 1, 13/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/22/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 12/7/2012 AC + T (Taxol)

Oct 27, 2012 05:10PM LauraGTO wrote:

Sherri - At this point there is no way Obama can regain any points. I really think it's just going to be downhill for him until the 6th.

Watched Romney in Pensacola...he did great! His Patriotism is amazing...

Love this photo...

Oct 27, 2012 05:12PM LauraGTO wrote:

Paula - We were posting at the same time. I'm glad you checked in, you're feeling better and you're being so well taken care of. Good for you!!! And YES...purple is great!

Oct 27, 2012 05:25PM Mardibra wrote:

Paula - enjoy being spoiled!

Water = check!

Oct 27, 2012 06:25PM Shanagirl wrote:

Good evening ladies!!  I'm just now checking in and getting caught up on everyone's posts. I have been battening down getting ready for this storm Sandy. We're nervous that we are going to get a direct hit.  I live 2 streets away from the beach and let me tell you, the ocean looks like an angry ocean out there.  DH and DD were with me walking the dogs on the beach and DH said "that ocean really looks pissed off" 

Paula I'm glad you're feeling good and being well taken care of by your loving church community. I love those church ladies!

Shirley I am just so with you on this Benghazi horror.  I am listening to Jeanine Pierro and her opening statement on Benghazi.  She is so right on.  I hope it makes Utube.  She's awsome.  I can't believe this administration is still spinning the bull sh-t that they didn't know about it.  She's interviewing the family of the Seal Ty Woods.  Thank God that Fox news has not let up on reporting this story.  I follow it every day.  First of all I want to tell those lefty blind ones next door that this is not being made into a political issue. It is a political issue during a time when the politician in chief is desparated to get elected and has not kept his people safe.  We must not elect a man like him. He is incapable of being a good president.  I have felt this for the last 3 1/2 years, and I especially feel confirmed in my heart he is not one who cares for the people. He has used the people of this country to further his own agenda. He's trying to divide and conquer, but we the people know better than to give him another term.

Barb

Shanagirl Dx 1/13/2009, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 1, 2/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane) Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol)

Oct 27, 2012 07:50PM jacee wrote:

www.examiner.com/article/clint...

So many unanswered questions!!

My body has cancer, my spirit does not! Dx 4/27/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 3/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/4/2009 Prophylactic ovary removal Surgery 6/5/2009 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 7/5/2009 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 1/3/2010 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 2/11/2010 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 9/8/2010 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Surgery 10/8/2011 Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction

Oct 27, 2012 09:06PM ShirleyHughes wrote:

4 hours ago TheLorax wrote:

Shirley,

I reply to you you because we are fellow southeastern NC women.

Carol, where in southeastern N.C. do you live? 

I want to tell you about a woman in Alaska who is struggling.  She fled from domestic abuse, staying in shelters for many months.  She got out of that shelter, thanks to Section 8 housing help and is looking for a job.  Her oldest child is severly disabled by an autism spectrem disorder.  She got help for her daughter through goverment programs. Her daughter now makes eye contact and smiles.

I don't know if you are insinuating that the government under President Mitt Romney would leave women and children in the cold.  He is not a cold hearted man.  Do some research and you'll understand.  He will not brag about the things he has done in his life.  Is he prefect?  No.

I am quite tired of hearing the democrats trying to scare women.  No one is taking us back to the stone ages.  One would only have to move to one of the Middle Eastern countries to have that happen.  Democrats are quite tolerant when it comes to accepting the radical Islamists.  

No one is going to close down Domestic Violence Shelters or take away the ability to obtain a restraining order which, in most cases. does nothing for the woman.  Shelters are essential for women who are in a violent relationship.  I would think that would also extend to lesbians who are in an abusive relationship.  Also, women in violent relationships need prepare to leave safely by saving money, etc. 

The Democrats are trying to scare women saying that these disabled children will have to "fend" for themselves.  That is a lie.  I've turned on other cable channel "news" and have been appalled at their reporting.  They are trying to scare women into thinking abortions will be outlawed.  I do not agree with having abortions, but I can guarantee women that Roe vs. Wade (which was a scam in the first place) will not be thrown out.  It would take an act of Congress to do that.  Now, if Obama wants something done that Congress will not pass, he'll find a way to go around Congress and sign an EO.  He is the most divisive POTUS that I've ever seen. 

I am an NC lawyer, and I applaud your daughter's success.

How do you know who my DD is and what she does for a living?  I applaud her as well.  The "government didn't build her".  We gave her the tools and education and she built the foundation to her success. 

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness,

A goal that we can all embrace,

Absolutlely.

Carol

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Oct 27, 2012 09:47PM ShirleyHughes wrote:

WOW!  So much to take in.

Barb, about Benghazi being political....Obama has made it political by not coming clean.  If for one minute the LEFTIES AND LEFTIST do not think democrats would "make this political" if a Republican were the POTUS...let's just say...that's pure Bullsh*t!  If our imagination is running away because of all the info being released, it's Obama's fault.  He was asked by a local TV station about the Seals asking for support when Benghazi was under fire...who said no...he asked Obama twice and Obama would not answer the question.  Instead we're investigating and we'll find the people responsible and BLAH BLAH BLAH. 

Sherri, that parody was hilarious!  It's a funny thing that conservative women do not think they are OWED anything...not even a good.....use your imagination..LOL

Paula, so glad you are home.  I was so ready to leave the hospital.  Continue to get all the rest you can.  It's always scary to get that path report.  I remember my first one before chemo..I also did neoadjuvant chemo.  Then I received the second one after chemo.  It's so good to see you here posting.  And, yes, if we don't read everyday here we get so far behind.  LOL

About Benghazi again...if Obama is re-elected I will have a nightmare!  But, he still won't be off the hook as far as Benghazi goes.  Something really stinks.

Oct 28, 2012 05:28AM LauraGTO wrote:

If it's proven that Obama was/is heading up gun walking efforts to Al Queda...he will go to prison. At this point it seems quite likely that he enlisted Stevens, et al.  Fasten your seatbelts...this is crazy "stuff"...

Oct 28, 2012 05:50AM Soteria205 wrote:

I'm praying for God to expose this traitor, criminal, liar, thief for exactly what he is.
I'm amazed that so many are fooled by him. They are like rats following the pied piper!

Guess what Girls, I'm getting ready for church, and hopefully to lunch afterwards. I've only had generic Tylenol this morning. Had Percocet about 10:30 last night. I haven't been outside since Tuesday when I came from the hospital, so I'm kinda getting cabin fever.

The day of surgery, my pastor & his wife were sitting with me in the cubical waiting for surgery. I mentioned how much Hillary has to know about him. Pastor said he has been expecting her to throw O under the bus. If she does that, I think I'll have a party and you are all invited!!!

It's really cool here in central Ohio today, and we're expecting snow flurries. It makes me feel really selfish, knowing what those poor folks on the coast are dealing with.

Blessings
Paula

FIGHT LIKE A WARRIOR!!! Dx 7/27/2012, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 1, 13/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/22/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 12/7/2012 AC + T (Taxol)

Page 39 of 208 (6,234 results)