We are 214,047 members in 82 forums discussing 152,598 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: I say YES..Part Deux..Continued,.for the StrangeDeadRockerGroup

Forum: Growing Our Friendships After Treatment —

For those who have met on Breastcancer.org and want to continue growing their cybersibling friendships beyond cancer.

Posted on: Jul 31, 2014 08:27AM

bluedahlia wrote:

Here we go.............

But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz.

Page 1169 of 1,171 (35,116 results)

Posts 35041 - 35070 (35,116 total)

Dec 6, 2018 10:30AM ruthbru wrote:

I also liked when the pastor pointed out that it didn't have to be the 'end of an era'......that is up to the living to decide.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Dec 6, 2018 10:54AM - edited Dec 6, 2018 10:56AM by ruthbru

Some pretty funny responses on Twitter to DT's lack of participation at the funeral (from Huffington Post):

People on Twitter are calling out President Donald Trump for failing to recite the Apostles' Creed at the funeral for former President George H. W. Bush on Wednesday.

Footage from the event shows much of the church, including the former presidents seated with Trump, standing to recite the profession of faith.

Trump and first lady Melania Trump stood, but did not recite the creed, which was written in the program, nor did they sing the hymns.

Given Trump's widespread support among evangelical Christians, that led to plenty of criticism on social media:

Hey @Franklin_Graham here's your "evangelical president" NOT reciting the Apostles' Creed at the funeral of your father's friend. Maybe he thinks it's the name of the next movie with Stallone and Michael B. Jordan.

View image on Twitter
I assume the President was looking for those two Corinthians during the Apostles Creed.

This is your "Christian" evangelical president.
It's SO weird that Barack Obama (the "Muslim") knew all the words to the Apostles' Creed, and Donald Trump (the Evangelical hero) didn't know any of them, and didn't even bother to read them.
This is a strange moment. It's not about Trump not having memorized the creed, which is printed in the program. He's opting not to participate in the service.
The man that Trump spent years calling a Kenyan born Muslim recited the Apostle's Creed and Lord's Prayer but Trump and his third, Slovenian born wife did not.
Curious moment here as all of the former Presidents and First Ladies read and recite the Apostles' Creed - President Trump & the current First Lady do not.

The man wouldn't know the Apostles Creed from Apollo Creed.
And Evangelicals think God put him in office? I'm surprised he was able to cross the threshold without bursting into flames.
Are you telling me the so-called "Muslim" president knew all the words to the Apostles' Creed, but the 'Christian Conservative' President, did not
View image on Twitter
He thought it was something about Apollo Creed and wanted nothing to do with it.
Trump spent much of the service scowling, with his arms crossed, not participating in the recitation of prayers or the singing of hymns.
The Trumps aren't reading along with the Apostles' Creed. It's right there on the program.
This is the quietest Trump has ever been! He isn't even singing the hymns neither is Mel

Hard to read the word of God when you've made a deal with the Devil.
"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Dec 6, 2018 12:43PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Remember, there is no situation so completely hopeless that something constructive cannot be done about it. When faced with a minus, ask yourself what you can do to make it a plus. A person practicing this attitude will extract undreamed-of outcomes from the most unpromising situations. Realize that there are no hopeless situations; there are only people who take hopeless attitudes. -Norman Vincent Peale

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Dec 7, 2018 09:56AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Every time you meet a situation, though you think at the time it is an impossibility and you go through the torture of the damned, once you have met it and lived through it, you find that forever you are freer than you were before. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Dec 7, 2018 09:59AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot Some people think it's wrong to speak ill of the dead, so while he's still alive, let's all agree that Donald Trump is shit wrapped in skin.'

Dec 7, 2018 10:00AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot Will this be the Christmas when Donald Trump finally announces that Jesus is a low energy loser and he likes saviors who weren't crucified?'

Dec 7, 2018 01:03PM ChiSandy wrote:

DT's nominating 41's former AG William Barr. Barr was sane and ethical last time he served, but since then has expressed the following: that there needs to be more investigation of the Clinton foundation & the e-mails; that the uranium deal was more serious and merits more investigation than Trump/Russia collusion; that it was okay to fire Mueller for any or no reason; and that a President has a right to order any investigation he sees fit. At least he hasn't opined on the DOJ policy that a sitting President can't be indicted. Looks like not enough Senate Dems will oppose his confirmation (Leahy, D-VT, opined Barr was bipartisanly acceptable).

But that DOJ policy is no more than an internal policy. It is neither statutory nor common law via SCOTUS (or other Fed. ct.) decision. It applies only to Federal matters conducted by the DOJ (US Attys on up) and Federal courts. State AGs are not bound by it...and if the AG of NYS, or a county DA, decides to indict Trump, there's no practical recourse other than file a not guilty plea and perhaps affirmative defense(s), as any other defendant can do.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Dec 7, 2018 02:03PM - edited Dec 7, 2018 02:08PM by IllinoisLady

I found this a long ( so a link ) but interesting read. The legal and illegal concepts for sure. https://bit.ly/2EjOqwn It is about Mueller and how this person sees the end of the investigation being conducted. Coming through Raw Story.

ETA: Meant to say that sometimes I think the Dems just give up too easy now and then. I hope Sandy that they at least make some real squirming of the possible new AG during questioning.

Dec 7, 2018 05:27PM ChiSandy wrote:

Found out that during the Iran-Contra scandal, Barr advised 41 to pardon a whole bunch of people. If he's confirmed, this won't end well.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Dec 7, 2018 07:38PM kad2kar wrote:

@Sandy----WHY?? if Orange Glump commits a crime, he cannot be indicted??  A crime is a crime no matter who commits it!! ----------------k2k 

Sending  Hugs, Sorts and LOVE to all of youHeart 

Dec 7, 2018 09:27PM - edited Dec 7, 2018 09:28PM by ChiSandy

kad2kar, here in the U.S., the Department of Justice (DOJ, headed by the Attorney General) is in charge of all Federal investigations and prosecutions. After the Clinton impeachment and eventual Senate acquittal, the DOJ decided that the office of the Presidency has too many important national security and foreign policy duties to be bothered with dropping everything to defend against an indictment. So it issued a policy stating that it would not indict a sitting President, and that in its opinion a sitting President couldn't be indicted. But it is only a policy, which does not carry the force of law. Policies change all the time depending on who heads the DOJ (and how loyal s/he is to the President who nominated them). Moreover, it applies only at the Federal level and even then does not bar prosecution of a President who has left office. There is nothing prohibiting the A.G. of a state from indicting a sitting Pres. for violation of state law--and even if the state A.G. decides not to interfere with the day-to-day business of the President, s/he can file the indictment (tolling any statutes of limitation) and suspend prosecution until the Pres. leaves office.

Dec 8, 2018 07:33AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Simply give others a bit of yourself; a thoughtful act, a helpful
idea, a word of appreciation, a lift over a rough spot, a sense
of understanding, a timely suggestion. You take something
out of your mind, garnished in kindness out of your heart,
and put it into the other person's mind and heart.

Charles H. Burr

Dec 8, 2018 07:52AM - edited Dec 8, 2018 08:01AM by IllinoisLady

It does sound like Barr is a totally mixed bag, Sandy. I think he will get a lot of questions during confirmation but likely in the end he will make it. At this point I think the wt. of some of what is coming out ( two felonies on Trump's side ) that there might be strong proof for, may make a fair difference in how Barr reacts. There are ideas, ideals, and facts. May be interesting.

I'm amused that Trump takes the position that these latest filings vindicate him and he even says thanks. Whoa !!! I think Trump decided so long ago that he could do anything he wanted w/o consequence so that even one neutral line in any of those filings would exonerate and that is all he would allow himself to see. I hope ( don't think anyone will bend over too far just as yet ) that the Reps. will have to start looking at the fact that Mueller has done some pretty diligent and salient digging and will be able to have fairly irrefutable evidence. This is just the slight tip of the iceberg. So maybe some will stat thinking about some of the choices ( perhaps wishing they didn't need too ) that will have to be made if they wish to make it through what seems to be near to arrival. The House is not going to let them off the hook.

I also heard on ? CNN that maybe Trump will resign if he feels too cornered by all of this. AGNY and Mueller will see this through and it won't be too pretty.

ETA: Also thinking that many things will bring wt. to bear on how Trump is viewed. It is not totally about just Russia and conspiracy, but many other things that will continue to point to bad character, bad intent and lawlessness where Trump is concerned. Not just one piece here or there or at the beginning only, but the individual instances all put in one pile that will be at some point too heavy for people to lift.

Trump emoluments lawsuit: A federal judge authorized the issuing of 30 subpoenas in an ongoing lawsuit that alleges President Trump violated the U.S. Constitution's emoluments clause. As NPR's Peter Overby reports, the attorneys general of Washington, D.C., and Maryland subpoenaed entities ranging from the Trump Organization to the Internal Revenue Service.

Dec 8, 2018 08:51AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Dec 8, 2018 09:07AM IllinoisLady wrote:

https://bit.ly/2QjxigA Mueller should charge Trump with the one crime that only a President can commit. Interestimng !!!

Dec 8, 2018 09:22AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Dec 8, 2018 09:37AM - edited Dec 8, 2018 09:40AM by IllinoisLady

https://bit.ly/2G8CLCp or https://bit.ly/2rqvDa6

Where Mueller intends for things to go. I think Mueller is in this for all the right reasons. His country means the world and I think he wants to clean things up and restore dignity, the rule of law, and all the norms we have grown to accept and respect from the U.S. and from a president. He is going to do all he can to make it count, plenty. I don't think you build anything with obfuscation, complete lies and alternate facts. In that way Mueller has a winning hand. He is not at the bottom of the mountain -- but on top of the one he is building with truth.

Dec 8, 2018 03:29PM Trill1943 wrote:

Love some of the latest headlines- like this one:

Dx 10/31/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/14/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Dec 8, 2018 03:34PM Trill1943 wrote:

Lovely comments from know-it-all DT, who fought a mighty war with his bone spurs (the spurs won).

He has no right to talk about anything to do with Vietnam, the asshole, unless it was to report on a meal he had in a Vietnam restaurant...and even then: shut up, Donald, and eat your spring roll!

Dx 10/31/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/14/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Dec 8, 2018 04:12PM Trill1943 wrote:

Now i read that Trump's border wall would be a very bad thing for a butterfly sanctuary.....plow it down.....

I have to get this off my chest:

I've been around. Like you guys.

We've faced and stared down cancer---> no small thing. We live with it there in the background of our days and nights and weeks and months. . . you are changed by it, and not just cosmetically.

And we've all lived a good while, most of us.

But these times to me are the gravest we have ever faced. Scarier than cancer, and that's saying a lot.

Trump is getting panicky as Mueller moves steadily, surely--and, it seems, glacially slowly--onward.

Like a wounded animal, he's more dangerous now than ever.

If he has the new AG get Mueller out or emasculated I'm definitely joining the local folks and marching.

The news, when I stop everything to pay it some attention--not a daily thing or, God knows, an hourly thing, as it used to be---freaks me out.

Trump at Bush's funeral looked positively horrible. Slumped, didn't participate, glum face, body language screaming all kinds of bad stuff. That awful scary tension of a hunted creature being slowly backed into a corner but in this case one not having the mental tools or legal knowledge or wisdom or experience or history of ever being held accountable for anything to even know what circle of hell he's just been pushed a few inches closer to.

I'd almost feel sorry for him if he wasn't so much the worst type of person in so many ways.

Dec 8, 2018 04:54PM Spookiesmom wrote:

I read somewhere he was not happy because the attention wasn’t directed at him. Figures.

Dx IDC, Stage IIIA, Grade 3

Dec 8, 2018 05:12PM Trill1943 wrote:

Spookiesmom, right! He has to have the spotlight. . .

Dec 9, 2018 07:27AM IllinoisLady wrote:

No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.

- Charles Dickens -

Dec 9, 2018 07:46AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Hey Trill !!! Glad you do show to share some thoughts.

I can agree that we likely all share your apprehension as we see some of these things happening. I did read ( and wondering if that will ultimately prove true ) that Mueller doesn't mean to go fast. The idea being that Trump I guess has sooo many sins that it will take many, many to be highlighted. So, it will not be some big fatal wound, but the thousands of sticks along the way. The wt. will bring him down.

Was he brave or totally stupid to tweet that these last court filings cleared him -- thank you. He is completely un-predictable in the state he is in, but I feel that he has lived his whole lot avoiding having to be called to own up to any of his mistakes/crimes and I truly don't think he has any idea that he is being led to the edge and will then be pushed over.

He has little if any understanding of the world, or the position he is trying to fill. His mental state ( to him he feels he is a genius ) does not allow him to view anything in a realistic manner. He did not feel the cloud he brought along with him to the Bush funeral service. Felt to me like he was just marking time and slightly resentful that someone else was being given any sort of honor in any way ( good Lord resenting a deceased person ). He would have rather been tweeting some dumb thing, even golfing is possible but someone told him how bad he looks when he skips honoring those who came before him.

The people that held him up will have a whole lot harder time doing it when the first of the yr. comes and we are in a lot more danger from Trump. I'm hoping someone will still be around who can try to save themselves, us and finally him from himself. Frankly, I'm selfish. I want to see the WH interloper dealt with in a manner that rids us and the world of this illegitimate person.

Dec 9, 2018 07:48AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot Donald Trump isn't just unhinged, his entire door is gone.'

Dec 9, 2018 07:50AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: night and outdoor

Dec 9, 2018 07:52AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Dec 9, 2018 12:56PM Trill1943 wrote:

Thoughtful words, Jackie! Love "Individual 1" Tower. It doesn't flow mellifluously off the tongue as does Trump Tower but neither does anything else connected with Trump. . . .

I'm usually sorry I don't have any spare $$$ to put in the Market but at times such as this am very glad of it, what with ALL the gains of the year stripped away by the losses--at least that's what I heard. So a big "positive" aspect of DT's reign has been obliterated handily......he can't very well brag about that! I check the Market numbers now every day, reveling in the "redness," like an ooze of blood from a big wound--the wound that is Donald Trump. (Sorry for the gristly image!)

Dec 9, 2018 04:54PM ruthbru wrote:

John Kelly Departs White House with Nuclear Codes Hidden in Pants

By Andy Borowit

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—The outgoing chief of staff, John Kelly, departed the White House with the nation's nuclear codes hidden in his pants, General Kelly has confirmed.

Kelly, whose illustrious military career spanned five decades, called his absconding with the nuclear codes "my greatest act of service to my country."

Speaking to reporters from his home, Kelly said that he had planned the heist of the nation's nuclear codes with the pinpoint timing of a clandestine military mission.

"I went into the Oval Office on Friday when I knew Trump would be distracted because 'Fox & Friends' was on," he said. "Then, when he started tweeting something that one of the hosts told him to do, I slipped the codes into my pants, as quick as lightning."

Kelly revealed that, in order to prevent Trump from retrieving the codes, he was keeping them in his pants for safekeeping.

"Let's see that draft-dodging coward try to get them off me," he said, his eyes gleaming with malice.

Dec 9, 2018 06:20PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Happy

Sometimes I wish...….

Page 1169 of 1,171 (35,116 results)