We are 220,316 members in 81 forums discussing 155,749 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: I say YES..Part Deux..Continued,.for the StrangeDeadRockerGroup

Forum: Growing Our Friendships After Treatment —

For those who have met on Breastcancer.org and want to continue growing their cybersibling friendships beyond cancer.

Posted on: Jul 31, 2014 08:27AM

bluedahlia wrote:

Here we go.............

But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz.

Page 1183 of 1,232 (36,956 results)

Posts 35461 - 35490 (36,956 total)

Jan 9, 2019 11:23AM ananda8 wrote:

Share this with your Republican friends.   It's by the conservative think tank, the Cato Institute.  It's called, "Why the Wall Won't Work." https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/why-wall-wont-work?fbclid=IwAR05HLWrlORZDcpnetdG6iBgH9iyH6Sw9-_szbtkcj5Pleb9iNeg6Yr4otg

"As soon as we abandon our own reason, and are content to rely upon authority, there is no end to our troubles." B. Russell

Jan 9, 2019 12:07PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Long read but very interesting Ananda. Thanks for putting it in. I favor the Cato Inst. as a great information source.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jan 9, 2019 02:02PM lovepugs77 wrote:

DX at age 39 Dx 2/17/2017, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2/17/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/24 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/28/2017 Lumpectomy: Left, Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 4/13/2017 Lymph node removal: Left Chemotherapy 5/18/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 9/27/2017 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 11/15/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jan 9, 2019 03:02PM IllinoisLady wrote:

lovepugs ThumbsUp

and this is just so much of how it really is that the heebies jeebies are all over more than anyplace else.

Image may contain: 1 person

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jan 9, 2019 03:09PM IllinoisLady wrote:

The WH meeting with Trump, Pelosi and Schumer was a bust. It appears to me that Trump has a total or less of zero interest in ANYTHING that would even bear a remote resemblance to doing the right thing for those being held hostage to this shut-down. What an ugly corner he has chosen. Schumer said Trump said that if he ( Trump ) signed anything, he would not get what he wanted later.

For that --- ??? will a national emergency crisis be called. I'm hoping that enough of the R's will get nervous enough to work on McConnell. They really should get him out from under the bed and encourage him to act like he still has a pulse.

Jan 9, 2019 04:28PM lovepugs77 wrote:

He has zero interest in compromising or negotiating.

Declaring an emergency with the sole purpose of manipulating funds and bypassing congress and do what he wants is such a violation of the checks and balances built in to our government. Total dictator move...if he is successful, people should be very scared for our country, regardless of their political affiliation.

DX at age 39 Dx 2/17/2017, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2/17/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/24 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/28/2017 Lumpectomy: Left, Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 4/13/2017 Lymph node removal: Left Chemotherapy 5/18/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 9/27/2017 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 11/15/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jan 9, 2019 04:33PM ruthbru wrote:

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jan 9, 2019 05:29PM Rosabella wrote:

I read somewhere it'll take 10 years to build the wall. Could a sane president call it off in 2021?

Most of the nation is not in favor of the wall esp with this price tag for it alone. Wall = repub. Doesn't that cause fear for the r's for 2020?

Dx 6/2/2015, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 1/4 nodes, PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/5/2015 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Chemotherapy 11/3/2015 AC + T (Taxotere) Radiation Therapy 5/3/2016 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 6/28/2016 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Targeted Therapy

Jan 9, 2019 05:34PM Spookiesmom wrote:

Don’t those dummies realize the ppl who aren’t being paid have memories and Vote

Reoccurrence 3-19. Dx IDC, Stage IIIA, Grade 3

Jan 10, 2019 08:04AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Gentleness means recognizing that the world around us is fragile, especially other people. It is recognizing our own capacity to do harm and choosing to be tender, soft-spoken, soft-hearted, and careful. When we are gentle we touch the world in ways that protect and preserve it. Being gentle doesn't mean being weak; gentleness can be firm, even powerful. To behave in a gentle manner requires that we stay centered in our own values and strength -- that we are active rather than reactive. Coming from this center, a gentle word or touch can channel our energy into healing or making peace.

unattributed, Wisdom Commons

Jan 10, 2019 08:05AM - edited Jan 10, 2019 08:07AM by IllinoisLady

Image may contain: text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot People used to say "anyone can be president" as encouragement. Now it's a a warning.'

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer: "We don't negotiate with terrorists."'

Jan 10, 2019 08:09AM IllinoisLady wrote:

This one deserves its own spot:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot Donald Trump never intended to drain the swamp. He loves the swamp. It's the natural habitat of the North American Douchebag.'

Jan 10, 2019 08:24AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Oh what fun -- to go into a meeting knowing you are going to blow it up. If it weren't so horrendous to have to contemplate you could almost be amused at the lemming responses. The R's rushed out to defend Trump but I don't think they should be too proud of themselves. Thinking Pence here. So -- Pence, did Trump hand out candy ( it's true you said ) to soften up his dissenters, or did he think it was just a cool gesture. Then you claim that he never ( Trump ) raised his voice or hit the table -- at least that you can recall. REALLY ??? If your mental state was that bad you really shouldn't have even gone to the meeting. Of course you recall, but you know better than to own up to it.

Why would anyone at this point ( after a prime time OO address totally saturated with lies ) believe any Republican. Last time I looked Pence hasn't renounced, but there are defectors -- and there will be more. The gang that never manages to shoot straight is at it again. Facts -- such pesky things.

Still it is a worrisome time. I think lots of ( my bil 's sure have ) people have dug in and are not actively looking for facts and just going along with the shit-show Trump is using and it is very concerning. So, I'm also hoping the pressure is going to be applied much more harshly to McConnell. I don't know what he has in mind, but too many R's peeling off ( did I see six or so ?? ) is going to be a difficult position to hold should it keep up.

Jan 10, 2019 09:51AM IllinoisLady wrote:

This article helped me to understand just why McConnell has been holding out having a vote in the Senate for now https://bit.ly/2ADYRXW and how that will help not set Trump up to not be impeached for the shirking of his fiduciary duties which he is doing in spades.

Jan 10, 2019 10:40AM ananda8 wrote:

It has been said many times, the real threat to our democracy is not Donald Trump; it's Mitch McConnell.

"As soon as we abandon our own reason, and are content to rely upon authority, there is no end to our troubles." B. Russell

Jan 10, 2019 02:23PM lovepugs77 wrote:

Jan 10, 2019 04:04PM IllinoisLady wrote:

So right ( the above )…… from lovepugs.

Image may contain: 1 person, suit and text

Jan 10, 2019 05:31PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Jan 11, 2019 07:59AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Realize that each soul is related to you. When you recognize that everyone is part of you, you will find you cannot withdraw from another.

Elsie Morgan

Jan 12, 2019 08:43AM IllinoisLady wrote:

There comes a time when you have to stand up and shout: This is me damn it! I look the way I look, think the way I think, feel the way I feel, love the way I love! I am a whole complex package. Take me. . . or leave me. Accept me--or walk away! Do not try to make me feel like less of a person, just because I don't fit your idea of who I should be and don't try to change me to fit your mold. If I need to change, I alone will make that decision. When you are strong enough to love yourself 100%, good and bad--you will be amazed at the opportunities that life presents you. -Stacey Charter

Jan 12, 2019 08:45AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Since I have not only cats, but dogs as well:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot Share if your cat is smarter than Donald Trump.'

Jan 12, 2019 09:03AM IllinoisLady wrote:

I was wondering if Friday night would bring an indictment, but rather than that -- something fairly far-reaching and ominous.

The FBI Is Investigating Trump For Working For Russia

The FBI has been investigating Trump during his presidency for either working on behalf of or being compromised by the Russians.
FacebookTwitterStumbleUpon
Read more »

We have as usual known or deeply suspected these things, but this was leaked ( who knows why for sure ) and is adding to a deep well of items that look very bad for Trump who seems to think he is actually doing well in this shut-down. This for someone who pays no mind ( never had to since he makes sure to get up front funds ) to all his losses. He is backing off calling an emergency ( though he still could ) for now. I think maybe he has concerns that a fair amt. of Reps. are drifting off already and surely there would be more were he to take that route.

McConnell won't budge for now but pain is mounting. McConnell doesn't want to put Trump in the impeachment seat ( one possibility for the leak maybe ) but there is a point and it just remains how soon it will arrive. Trump chose this ploy w/o I'm sure a moments thought to the far reaching consequences of ALL the people who would suffer. If they suffer they will start looking to the people who could relieve that suffering which would mainly be ( since Dems keep putting passed House bills out ) Trump and the Reps. Some blame will fall on the Dems. but Pelosi knows that passing bills now will ultimately put pressure on the other side. Where the mantle resides.

Jan 12, 2019 09:05AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Jan 12, 2019 09:06AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: text that says 'Trumpty dumpty wanted a wall ,trumpty dumpty bullshitted us all,all of Mueller's indictments and all of Mueller's men will make sure this shit never happens again.'

Jan 12, 2019 09:39AM IllinoisLady wrote:

You may or may not want to read this article because it does question mental attributes or in this case more the lack of on Trump. I did though find ( there have been a number of authors on the theme ) this person easy to listen to and find points of shared agreement.

https://bit.ly/2CkoQDS

Jan 13, 2019 02:25AM - edited Jan 13, 2019 02:39AM by ChiSandy

Several random middle-of-the-night thoughts (I slept in this morning, and forgot tonight to take my CBD so I'm still wide awake):

Is Stephen Miller not just a friendless, rejected wannabe Nazi...but also an "incel?" ("Involuntary Celibate," a modern movement founded by men who can't get laid). Sure would explain a lot.

Those two articles Jackie cited are all well & good, but the first one states a flawed premise: that not only must and can McConnell be compelled to start allowing bills to reach the Senate floor regardless of whether he thinks Trump would sign them, but that he will eventually be compelled to do so. How, pray tell? The only thing I can think of is a suit for a writ of mandamus (i.e. a court order saying "do your damn job")--but who has standing? Usually, it'd be the agency representing the People of the United States...which would be the DOJ. Yeah, right. Look who's acting A.G. and look who's about to be confirmed as A.G. The man whose crowning achievement during his first gig as A.G. was to advise GHWB to pardon everyone involved in Iran-Contra, and whose audition for the job in Trump's DOJ was to write a letter declaring the Mueller investigation a flawed and partisan witch hunt. And if by some dint of miracle a mandamus petition gets filed and SCOTUS (or most likely, a US Dist. Ct.) doesn't throw it out for lack of standing, is this SCOTUS as currently comprised going to order McConnell to perform an action for which he has the power but not an actual statutory or Constitutional duty? Again, when pigs fly (oh wait, one already does...on Air Force One).

McConnell has absolutely no incentive to do the right thing: he's up for reelection in 2020 and there is no pol in the state of Kentucky more popular than he is. (Not even Ashley Judd, of the Ivy degrees and prodigious intellect and rhetorical skills, even came close in 2014). And until the GOP no longer needs the support of the hardcore Trumpanzees to keep its incumbents from getting primaried by ever-more-right-wing candidates, this is not going to change.

The second article is rather long in the tooth, and RawStory is by no means an impartial media outlet (even if we agree with it--it's embryonic compared to the venerable hard-copy Mother Jones, which nobody, including us, can argue with a straight face does not have at least some degree of an agenda). It doesn't bolster our position that the author was part of the Clinton administration. Pains me to admit it, but until we stop citing RawStory, DrudgeRetort , ThinkProgress, and other very-left-of-center blogs that sprang up in the wake of the emergence of the Tea Party and Trump as a candidate, we have no more credibility than those who venerate Limbaugh, FOXNews, Breitbart, DailyCaller, & InfoWars and accuse everything else of being "fake news." Not until a sizable contingent of disgruntled Repubs & ex-Repubs bucks the party line and starts contributing to Salon, Slate, Vanity Fair, New Yorker and Politico will that change. Please, let's stick to citing mainstream legacy media: you know, broadcast networks that have been around since the days of Winchell, Murrow, Cronkite, and Huntley/Brinkley; CNN (for all the right's accusations, still straight-down-the-middle); and the venerable print media such as the NYT, WaPo, TIME, Newsweek, US News, Boston Globe and others that have been around for a century or more, cheered and criticized both sides of the aisle, and have stood the test of time. Let's not do the mirror-image of what we accuse the idiocracy of doing,

The best man at our wedding--who used to be a Young Republican in college & biz school--is now an IRS auditor and quite anti-Trump (if not fully liberal). He shocked us when he said "Let's build the wall." But when we gasped he said, "I'm not finished. First, build the wall. Then drag a park bench right up to it, tie Trump to the bench...and hand out sledgehammers."

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Jan 13, 2019 08:40AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Happy are they who still love something they loved in the nursery:
They have not been broken in two by time; they are not two persons,
but one, and they have saved not only their souls but their lives.

G.K. Chesterton

Jan 13, 2019 08:52AM IllinoisLady wrote:

I guess you will have to skip some of my entries sometimes Sandy. I enjoy/like Raw Story, Drudge Reotrt and others and think a lot of their materials have some value. I'd rather have a spectrum of a sorts than just a narrow lane. Then again, I have a subscription to Mother Jones and have had it for some time. In other words, I enjoy a number of different sources. Salon, Slate and Politico have also been my sources for a very long time. I have a go-to attitude which can embrace a LOT of sources and so I will likely stick with them for the foreseeable future. I don't see some of the left leaning sources as the total trash talkers ( like the one who said how great that some of the furloughed people can now have an up-paid vacation ) that exist to soothe the orange beast and his agenda and ideas. I don't agree totally with anyone but I can find some common ground.

Jan 13, 2019 08:57AM IllinoisLady wrote:

OTOH -- how good is it when you can get people who really like and generally agree with each other on a blog to start picking away at each other.

Trump Goes Ballistic As His Own Intel Community Investigates Whether He's A Security Threat

The intelligence community is investigating the president of the United States for working on behalf of a foreign adversary.
FacebookTwitterStumbleUpon
Read more »

Jan 13, 2019 09:07AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Dan Rather SpSonSsoSredSSS · 15 mins ·

A respectful suggestion as we get deeper into this grave year for our country: Remember and remind others of that core American value: no one—not even a President—is above the law. And carved into stone at our Department of Justice are the words, "Where law ends, tyranny begins."

Page 1183 of 1,232 (36,956 results)