We are 216,357 members in 81 forums discussing 153,643 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: I say YES..Part Deux..Continued,.for the StrangeDeadRockerGroup

Forum: Growing Our Friendships After Treatment —

For those who have met on Breastcancer.org and want to continue growing their cybersibling friendships beyond cancer.

Posted on: Jul 31, 2014 09:27AM

bluedahlia wrote:

Here we go.............

But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz.

Page 1193 of 1,194 (35,819 results)

Posts 35761 - 35790 (35,819 total)

Feb 8, 2019 03:14PM IllinoisLady wrote:

When we are aware that each moment of each day, each gesture and step we take, is truly mystical and full of wonder, we will live our lives with greater thought and care. We will also have greater respect and appreciation for the lives of others.

Daisaku Ikeda

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Feb 8, 2019 10:26PM ruthbru wrote:

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Feb 9, 2019 09:55AM IllinoisLady wrote:

All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him.
If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him,
like a shadow that never leaves him.
– The Buddha

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Feb 9, 2019 10:09AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Don't know how our taxes will work out. Dh's employer could never 'understand' not enough money made at his age to take out anything, so he kept on doing it all the way through. That money is usually given back to us these last few yrs. but for two yrs running before this yr. we were told that maybe we wouldn't get anything. So, this yr. seems like may be the one we really need to see. Fingers crossed.

From listening and some reading, best I can see is that having Whitaker testify mainly put Reps. on notice that the Dems. are not going to play around with their sworn duties. Nothing was gotten out of him ( he had some good coaching in avoidance ) but he had some real discomfort being called out several times and I think being warned ( Nadler ) at the end that more was expected of answers he said he would hand over later. That he could ( even as a civilian ) be called back. Was not given high marks as a witness before the committee. Otherwise it was boring but did serve to give a view to Trump and company that it will be a long two yrs. of oversight that they avoided for the first two. As we all know we will likely hear the words harassment a lot -- but then it will seem that way for having gotten a walk through the park un till now. Welcome to the real world.

Feb 9, 2019 12:51PM - edited Feb 10, 2019 09:52AM by IllinoisLady

https://bit.ly/2tfgFVh Susan Collins ( Supreme Court Louisiana abortion vote ) made sure a judge named Kavanaugh got seanted on the court, who was a no vote on this, even if it passed because of John Roberts. So, as the article said -- it only took four months for Kavanaugh to show Collins and the U.S. he couldn't be trusted. A lot of fingers are now pointing back to Collins and plenty of money to try and take her seat in 2020.

Feb 10, 2019 09:52AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Hope is outreaching desire with expectancy of good. It is characteristic of all living beings. Birds, beasts, and people are always alert and striving for the fulfillment of their hungers. They are impelled forward in a ceaseless quest for satisfaction. The antennae of insects relentlessly explore and feel their way ahead, and the imagination of humans functions in the same manner, ranging through wide areas and far futures in search of the good which hope ever promises. -Edward S. Ames

Feb 10, 2019 09:55AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: text

Feb 10, 2019 10:11AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: 2 people, text

Feb 10, 2019 07:13PM - edited Feb 10, 2019 07:14PM by IllinoisLady

Not only a stupid orange man in the O. Ofc., but a stupid advisor or whatever Stephen Miller is designated. These people have not learned much in the two yrs. they have been swinging their wrecking ball.

Posted on Sun, Feb 10th, 2019 by Jason Easley Trump Considering Declaring Wall Emergency To 'Protect' Troops That He Sent To The Border 516SHARES

FacebookTwitterSubscribeGoogleWhatsappPinterestPrintMailFlipboard

It is being reported that Trump is considering declaring an emergency to build his wall to protect the troops that he sent to the border.

The New York Times reported, "To stave off a court challenge, one proposal circulating among some White House officials, including those close to Stephen Miller, the president's top domestic policy adviser, is to claim that the wall would be built to protect the more than 5,000 active-duty troops now operating near the southwestern border or deploying there soon."

Here's The Real Reason Why Troops Were Sent To The Border

Five thousand troops were not sent to the border because there is any real crisis. The troops were sent there as a pretext for declaring a national emergency. The endgame has always been that Trump would get his wall by declaring a national emergency. The troops are standing around with nothing to do because Donald Trump needs to make it look like there is a crisis on the border.

The reason why there is a stalemate in the conference committee is that Democrats want to make sure that ICE is locking up violent criminals instead of kids.

Trump is going to his fake border crisis to declare an emergency in an effort to get his wall.

No court is going to buy what Trump is considering trying to sell as the reason for his emergency.

Trump is likely going to get laughed out of court, as any judge can see that the national emergency is just another poorly executed Trump con.

Feb 10, 2019 07:19PM - edited Feb 10, 2019 07:20PM by ruthbru

Good Grief! I don't usually agree with bloodthirsty dictators, but Trump really is a dotard!Devil

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Feb 10, 2019 07:40PM IllinoisLady wrote:

With Mueller Closing In, Donald Trump Jr Joins His Dad In Mocking Native Americans

After his father mocked Senator Elizabeth Warren with a reference to the Trail of Tears, Donald Trump Jr joined in by adding, "Savage! Love my president." Ashley Feinberg of the Huffington Post flagged this Instagram post on Sunday of Donald Trump, Jr replying to his dad's Trail of Tears racism with more racism, writing, "Savage! …

Continue reading "With Mueller Closing In, Donald Trump Jr Joins His Dad In Mocking Native Americans"

FacebookTwitterStumbleUpon
Read more »

Feb 10, 2019 07:49PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Something I have been pondering:

I read earlier that black people feel like they need to be the ones ( I agree ) to decide how they feel in the current situations where 2 different officials are owning up to doing black-face.

I do think it is mainly black people who should decide how they want the Northam's and others to play out with the black-face issue. I am concerned though about the possible 'impeachment' of Fairfax. He seems VERY willing to have an investigation at this point which is what he is saying and I think that should play out. Hopefully it would not be nearly as shoddy and one dimensional as Kavanaugh's. In fact, as far as I'm concerned -- he didn't get much of one at all. Or, maybe Fairfax should throw a Kavanaugh fit. ( not really ). I do think the events that came out ( not saying anything about what or the women in the case ) did so at a really odd time. Feel come concern over that. I am concerned for these women, but mainly thinking back to the gal who raised questions about Al Franken -- saying right then and there she did not want him to lose his seat over it.

They ( women in the Fairfax case ) have not said anything even close. I thought I recalled reading somewhere later on that in the Franken incident, the gal had been 'encouraged' by someone to 'recall' these details of what sounded to me like horse-play being generally encouraged on both sides and found acceptable in the comedic setting going on at that time. I could have recalled some of it wrong -- but find myself wondering at some of the timing in Fairfax's case though not trying to absolve him as it is nothing like horse-play for sure -- just feeling that there seems to be a real rush to judgement here. Impeachment would get the answers -- but Fairfax seems to already want that. So, I would like to think things could be slowed enough to figure things out and not just bring out the cannons on the first skirmish so to speak. I think the women deserve to be heard and a remedy if it comes to that. I just don't feel such 'haste' perhaps needs to be applied after all this time. As women I do think men have gotten away with far too much, and far too long and that needs to be adjudicated, but sadly I've seen first-hand that sometimes incidents can look one way and in the end not actually ending up in the original stated form. I hope that doesn't sound like I'm less for my own than I should be, but I want things to be right and not have someone be cast a scoundrel of some sort unless they really are.

Feb 10, 2019 07:50PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Amy Klobuchar Delivers A Terrifying Message To Trump From The Heartland

Everything about Sen. Amy Klobuchar's presidential campaign launch sent the message that the heartland rejects Trump and is coming to take their country back.
Read more »

Feb 10, 2019 07:54PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Definitely what I would expect to hear from Trump who only lives to lie. The fact that what he says is so true to him ( allowing him great levity in saying it ) has always been and should always be frightening. Anyway, though it is a grave subject -- he still provided me with a good chuckle.

Trump Claims He Works More Hours Than Almost Any President In History

Trump is now claiming that he works more hours than almost any president in history after his private schedule showing him doing virtually nothing was leaked to the public.
Read more »

Feb 10, 2019 07:57PM ruthbru wrote:

Argh!!!!

Feb 10, 2019 11:11PM IllinoisLady wrote:

I'd like to know for sure.....

Warren: Trump 'May Not Even Be a Free Person' by 2020

Posted: 10 Feb 2019 04:30 PM PST

President Donald Trump might be in jail by the time Election Day comes around, Massachusetts Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren said on her first full day of campaigning as a declared presidential candidate. "By the time we get to 2020, Donald Trump may not even be President," Warren said to voters in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, gathered at the Veterans Memorial Building. "In fact, he may not even be a free person."

Feb 10, 2019 11:12PM IllinoisLady wrote:

National Review: SDNY Investigation Is Real Peril for Trump

Posted: 10 Feb 2019 02:32 PM PST

Andrew C. McCarthy: To summarize, then, we have an enterprise known as the Trump Inauguration Committee, at least some of whose activities the SDNY appears to regard as a conspiracy against the United States.

Feb 11, 2019 10:14AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Karma isn't luck or destiny--luck suggests randomness; destiny, a lack of choice. Nor is it the voice of the gods trying to keep us in line. Karma is a description of how moral law operates, not a prescription for good behavior.

Joan Duncan Oliver

Feb 11, 2019 10:32AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: 2 people, text

Feb 11, 2019 12:33PM - edited Feb 11, 2019 12:34PM by ananda8

Karma-vipaka, action and the result of action.  Good actions with good intent leads to good result.  Bad actions with bad intent lead to bad results.

In Other Words:

"As soon as we abandon our own reason, and are content to rely upon authority, there is no end to our troubles." B. Russell

Feb 11, 2019 01:12PM ruthbru wrote:

Ha!

Feb 11, 2019 04:31PM IllinoisLady wrote:

One of the big reasons, among lots of others, that I'm so happy that Kevin McCarthy ( pretty sure he was dreaming of SOTH for quite awhile before that nasty election ) ended up being Minority Leader, and sometimes I think it not so great he got that, and he is no less a hypocrite as he bows down on his very un-sanctimonious knee, not. As far as the Reps. go he is far from the only one.

FEBRUARY 11, 2019

Kuttner on TAP

Kevin McCarthy's Strange Love of the Jewish People. What a pleasure to see House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy deploring anti-Semitism in the context of Representative Rashida Tlaib's comments about AIPAC. The suddenly philo-Semitic McCarthy tweeted:

"Anti-Semitic tropes have no place in the halls of Congress. It is dangerous for Democrat leadership to stay silent on this reckless language."

How very neighborly of the Republican leader, how very Christian. So let's see, where was Kevin McCarthy and the rest of the Republican leadership when…

Donald Trump used a graphic straight from an alt-right site to pin a Star of David and a pile of money on Hillary Clinton, and then claimed it was a sheriff's star.

Or when Trump contended there were "good people on both sides" in the Charlottesville riot, where neo-Nazi marchers chanted "Jews will not replace us."

Or when Trump somehow failed to mention Jews on Holocaust Remembrance Day.

A search reveals not a peep, much less a tweet, of protest from McCarthy.

Or, for that matter, when McCarthy himself tweeted (and then withdrew) a campaign slur demanding: "Don't Let Soros, Bloomberg and Steyer BUY the election."

And a long, long, long, list of other Republican, Jew-baiting dog-whistles.

No place for anti-Semitic tropes, indeed. ~ ROBERT KUTTNER

Feb 11, 2019 04:53PM ruthbru wrote:

I think the total hypocrisy is what gets me the most about the whole Trump Cult.

Feb 11, 2019 06:30PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Agreed and McCarthy also did not want to have to use the word Minority -- wanted to be called something else, though the job is the same. I heard it, but don't recall all of it. Only that he didn't like apparently being a leader if it used the moniker of minority.

February 11, 2019

FLAILING IN EL PASO.

Tonight, President Trump is taking a break from "executive time" for a campaign rally in El Paso, Texas—the first since the essential campaign re-launch that was his State of the Union.

He made the city a centerpiece of his SOTU, claiming that the construction of a border fence made El Paso safer. Fact-checkers and El Paso officials have since made clear that violent crime in the city actually began declining in 1993—16 years before the El Paso border fence was completed.

Meanwhile, Friday is the deadline to complete negotiations in order to prevent another shutdown. Instead of working with Congressional leaders to reach a deal, Trump is parading around at a campaign rally in a city that disproves his main point.

In fact, Trump is torpedoing any deal that doesn't include his absurd demand of wall money. White House Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney said yesterday that he "absolutely cannot" rule out another shutdown. Even if the deadline is met, and a bipartisan solution is sent to Trump's desk, he likely won't sign it.

Now, Trump is backed into a corner, and his only options out are dangerous:

A: Shut down the government again over an ineffective, racist border wall that the American people don't want. Another way to put this? Hurt 800,000 American workers over a temper tantrum.

B: Illegally declare a national emergency.

Of course, there is a third option: Accept defeat and get to work on the issues that Americans actually care about. It's time for this temper tantrum to end.

I am not for sure and would have to look around, but I would think that many in El Paso may not be so thrilled about Trump coming to likely continuing spinning some of his rather out of control doozy yarns and lies about their city. I also think that Beta O'Rourke is having a bit of a rally as well and will be ( could you call it a rebuttal ) maybe clarifying just how things actually are in El Paso.

Read lately about no one being able to correct Trump when he gets an 'idea' in his head from something he heard, or read. I'm sure he just dreams up a lot of it too, but I imagine he might as well feed it to those who are most like him. They will believe it and think he is wonderful for it. I find it strange though. People ( I imagine there may have been plenty ) that barely knew who he was and now think he has come to save them. He hasn't been too interested I them and sad to say they seem to have no idea his major function far as I can see has been and remains kissing up to Putin and other foreigners who might be inclined to let him put his name on a building in their country or hand out some trademarks. These people have only become someone by supporting him, and he has never known who they are. I

Feb 11, 2019 06:39PM ananda8 wrote:

I think that if legislation that does not include money for the wall were to reach Trump's desk he would definitely sign it and declare victory.  Signing his name in front of cameras is Trump's favorite thing to do next to kissing Putin's ass.

"As soon as we abandon our own reason, and are content to rely upon authority, there is no end to our troubles." B. Russell

Feb 12, 2019 03:51AM ChiSandy wrote:

I think the "deal in principle" may have been agreed to only after Schumer & McConnell determined there would be enough votes necessary to override a Trump veto. And even if Trump were to veto it and it went into effect anyway, he'd likely spin the $1.73B allotted for 55 mi. worth of "sections of steel barrier" and the few extra ICE detention beds as a gigantic victory for him, boasting he got the Dems to "cave."

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/22/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/1/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Feb 12, 2019 11:07AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Integrity is not a conditional word. It doesn't blow in the wind or change with the weather. It is your inner image of yourself, and if you look in there and see a person who won't cheat, then you know you never will.

John MacDonald

Feb 13, 2019 11:00AM IllinoisLady wrote:

As I experience it, appreciation of beauty is access to the soul. With beauty in our lives, we walk and carry ourselves more lightly and with a different look in our eyes. To look into the eyes of someone beholding beauty is to look through the windows of the soul. Any time we catch a glimpse of soul, beauty is there; any time we catch our breath and feel "How beautiful!," the soul is present.

Jean Shinoda Bolen

Feb 13, 2019 08:34PM exbrnxgrl wrote:

I know he has said more bizarre things than I can remember, but a wall that will be harder to scale than Mt. Everest? Has he any idea what the approx. 30,000. foot Mt. Everest is like? I'm fairly sure he has no idea where Mt. Everest is even located.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-live-t...

Bilateral mx 9/7/11 with one step ns reconstruction. As of 11/21/11, 2cm met to upper left femur Dx 7/8/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2011 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 11/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/21/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/21/2011 Bone Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2014 Femara (letrozole)

Feb 13, 2019 11:01PM ruthbru wrote:

Page 1193 of 1,194 (35,819 results)