We are 222,922 members in 82 forums discussing 156,987 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: I say YES..Part Deux..Continued,.for the StrangeDeadRockerGroup

Forum: Growing Our Friendships After Treatment —

For those who have met on Breastcancer.org and want to continue growing their cybersibling friendships beyond cancer.

Posted on: Jul 31, 2014 09:27AM

bluedahlia wrote:

Here we go.............

But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz.

Page 1259 of 1,262 (37,850 results)

Posts 37741 - 37770 (37,850 total)

Sep 7, 2019 02:52AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: text

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 7, 2019 02:56AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, text and outdoor

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 7, 2019 07:03AM Chevyboy wrote:

WHAT are you doing up so early miss Jackie? Hah! I had to post your last cartoon on FB...That IS a cartoon, right? Trump has a whole new world now, creating his own reality!

So glad you are back! Try and stay on your feet... for awhile.... I am REALLY careful where I walk now... I have un-even flagstone all around our house... but then I can step on nothing, and twist my ankle. Wish I were there, I could give you a hand....

I learn about this administration right here on this blog... Don't listen to the news, but watch CNN sometimes... So thanks everyone for figuring it out for me!

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+

Sep 7, 2019 07:56AM Spookiesmom wrote:

Sounds like a good plan, Jacki. Just try not to do too much too soon😎😎😎

Reoccurrence 3-19. Dx IDC, Stage IIIA, Grade 3

Sep 7, 2019 11:22AM ruthbru wrote:

So glad you are back home, Illinois, and that you (hopefully, knocking on wood) won't need surgery.

The Sharpie dog is the only pet I would trust Donald Trump with!!!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 7, 2019 12:02PM Spookiesmom wrote:

not even a sharpie dog. He’d forget food and water, throw paper towels for toys.

Sep 7, 2019 12:14PM Di2012 wrote:

now....watch.....that sharpie dog is going to lift his sharpie leg and pee on dumpy dope/criminal

Jackie...heal that arm and take it easy!

Di

Mentor 600cc HP gels moved towards armpits & exchanged 3/26/15 to Allergan410MF-580cc. Surgery 12/21/2012 Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 1/21/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/15/2013 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 7/15/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/31/2013 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction Surgery 3/26/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 7/14/2015 Reconstruction (left) Dx 1cm

Sep 7, 2019 01:49PM - edited Sep 7, 2019 01:51PM by ruthbru

Well, now I know that hell has frozen over; because I agree 100% with Ann Coulter! Shocked

Ann Coulter: "The Only National Emergency Is That Our President Is An Idiot"

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 7, 2019 02:33PM Spookiesmom wrote:

Sep 7, 2019 04:48PM ruthbru wrote:

ThumbsUp

Sep 7, 2019 08:47PM - edited Sep 7, 2019 08:47PM by IllinoisLady

Happy

all the above

Sep 7, 2019 08:49PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: text

Sep 7, 2019 09:34PM Betrayal wrote:

LOL. He looks like El Chapo. Happy

Dx 1/7/2016, DCIS/ILC/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/31/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 1/31/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 3/3/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 3/31/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/24/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 5/18/2017 Femara (letrozole)

Sep 8, 2019 01:07PM IllinoisLady wrote:

The moment one definitely commits oneself, the Providence moves, too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never have otherwise occurred. A whole stream of events issue from the commitment, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance which no one could have dreamt would come one's way. Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sep 8, 2019 01:17PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, text

Sep 8, 2019 01:23PM Spookiesmom wrote:

👍👍👍

Sep 8, 2019 04:52PM ruthbru wrote:

No kidding!!!

Sep 9, 2019 06:08AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Looking for and enjoying beauty is another way to nourish the soul. The universe is in the habit of making beauty. There are flowers and songs, snowflakes and smiles, acts of great courage, laughter between friends, a job well done, the smell of fresh-baked bread. Beauty is everywhere, ready to nourish the soul. It must only be seen to begin helping us. - Matthew Fox

Sep 9, 2019 06:10AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

unless it's a sharpei

Sep 9, 2019 05:00PM MissouriCatLady wrote:

Nice to see you are on the mend, had to come by for a smile! Sharpie puppy! Too funny!! Hope everyone has a good week! It would be sad to see Trump with a pet, for sure!

Complete response to neoadjuvant therapy (CR) Dx 10/17/2018, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2018 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/7/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 4/4/2019 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Targeted Therapy 4/25/2019 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 4/25/2019 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 4/29/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 6/3/2019

Sep 9, 2019 11:45PM - edited Sep 10, 2019 12:10AM by ChiSandy

Welcome home, Jackie! I hear you about needing to stay vertical--every step I take these days I have to think "heel-toe-heel-toe, don't scuff, watch those sidewalk cracks & holes" and "look down, look ahead, lather, rinse, repeat." Never thought that walking could be more mentally than physically exhausting.

Trump has reached two three four, oh hell, a buttload of new lows--first, he had Wilbur Ross threaten to fire anyone in NOAA who continued to claim Trump was mistaken about Alabama being in Dorian's path. Next, word got out that we had to extricate a high-ranking Russian operative who was gathering evidence for the CIA on Putin's election meddling and Trump's solicitation of it, and now he's living in VA protected by CIA agents to keep Putin from killing him (and I hope that's as far as the media takes it--because if Trump learns his name & address, the guy's a dead man walking). Then, he ordered military aid to Ukraine be withheld unless its gov't digs up (or invents) dirt on Biden or the Biden family ahead of the 2020 election. And now, when a CBP goon took it upon himself (not consulting higher-ups) to board a Freeport-to-FL ferry and eject anyone who didn't show a visa (which they'd never needed before to visit the US, and are leaving the Bahamas with nothing more than the clothes on their backs), Trump doubled down and said these Dorian refugees are "bad people," "drug dealers," and "gang members." (In other words, every black or brown person other than Ben Carson). He realizes that the only things that will get him re-elected is to hold on to his shrinking base of ulltra-deplorables and have Russia repeat its 2016 & 2018 election meddling.

Treason, constant lying, greed, corruption, vindictiveness, obstruction of justice, nepotism, blackmail, bribery, acts of racism, stupidity, malignant narcissism--any one of these is a "high crime & misdemeanor" that would be an impeachable offense. It floors me that Nixon faced a Senate that was going to vote, should the House impeach, to convict him on far less, and Clinton got impeached and almost convicted for lying about a blow job--yet the GOP assholes in the Senate led by Yertle the Turtle think Trump can do no wrong so long as they can keep their jobs.

I know it's a sin to wish disease or death upon anyone, but Il Ducebag can't die soon enough for my tastes. Yeah, I know that would mean we get the king of Gilead--but he's not a Russian tool (or is he?), doesn't have properties for which to charge gov't employees and foreign dignitaries to stay at, has at least a three-digit IQ and perhaps a bit more compassion towards immigrants & refugees. He is scheming & Machiavelllian (and presumably knows what that means) but has the capacity to think about someone other than himself (if only inadvertently). And he won't get the chance to build up a cult by 2020.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/22/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/1/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Sep 10, 2019 05:13AM IllinoisLady wrote:

mouthfuls and then some sandy. I feel the same amt. of revulsion for this human as I did from the moment I 'understood' that I would be expected to accept him as an actual pres. I have yet to do it. only once or twice has his name plus title he holds been used in a sentence of mine and less orally.

Sep 10, 2019 06:06AM IllinoisLady wrote:

As I look back at the entire tapestry of my life, I can see from the perspective of the present moment that every aspect of my life was necessary and perfect. Each step eventually led to a higher place, even though these steps often felt like obstacles or painful experiences. -Wayne Dyer

Sep 10, 2019 06:35AM ruthbru wrote:

I'm sitting in the airport getting ready to go to Philadelphia for a History Vacation. I fully expect to see the Founding Fathers buried at Christ's Church to be rolling over in their graves.

Sep 10, 2019 11:10AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Happy

enjoy ruth….

Sep 10, 2019 02:09PM MissouriCatLady wrote:

https://www.apnews.com/89ff7b39fd2c4f198fdd8b4cd7c...

This whole NOAA thing is just awful. When we have weathermen arguing with weathermen, what the heck is going on. You cannot believe a single thing the orange one says!!! Enjoy your trip, Ruth, and I bet you're right. God help us if he gets another 4 years. I wish we could have one candidate we could all get behind. One thing I know - I am voting this time!!!

Complete response to neoadjuvant therapy (CR) Dx 10/17/2018, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2018 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/7/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 4/4/2019 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Targeted Therapy 4/25/2019 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 4/25/2019 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 4/29/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 6/3/2019

Sep 10, 2019 02:11PM - edited Sep 10, 2019 02:34PM by MissouriCatLady

This Post was deleted by MissouriCatLady.

Sep 10, 2019 03:36PM Betrayal wrote:

ChiSandy:

Hear, hear on your post. Loved the Yertle the Turtle description of the purported leader of the Senate. If this is leadership, we need to redefine the word. Rubber stamps everything IL Duce says and needs to be voted out of office.

Ruth, hope you enjoy Philadelphia. Look for Ben Franklin doing flip flops in his grave.

Dx 1/7/2016, DCIS/ILC/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/31/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 1/31/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 3/3/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 3/31/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/24/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 5/18/2017 Femara (letrozole)

Sep 11, 2019 02:13AM ChiSandy wrote:

Ruth, look for the Israeli restaurant Zahav--chef Michael Solomonov is amazing. Best hummus & pita I've ever had; and he is equally brilliant with vegetables, meat & fish. Of course, there's always Bookbinders; and the stalls in Reading Terminal Mkt. are fun (especially the cheesesteak ones).

Bummed out about the results tonight in NC-9. (Bishop, the schmuck who wrote the NC bathroom bill, beat McCready by 2 points). MSNBC's Steve Kornacki is trying to spin this as hopeful--after all, Trump took the district by double digits in 2016. But in 2018, McCready lost by only 0.3%--and that was with a Republican opponent who cheated so blatantly the election results were thrown out! They're saying his performance in Charlotte & its suburbs was better today than in 2018, and that it could be a trend as to how white-collar middle-class suburbs across the country, even in red states, will vote. I dunno--guess I'm a glass-half-empty kinda gal. Though McCready got the lion's share of early voting, Il Ducebag's rally last night whipped the MAGA-hatted morons into a frenzy and they went to the polls today in droves.

Saw a sign: Keep America Great: TRUMP 2024. Now, some are saying that means either Ivanka or Junior, or that he's going to refuse to leave office even at the end of a second term. Others are saying it's a tacit admission he will lose in 2020 but rather than slinking away into retirement will continue to be a provocateur, hoping to take advantage of voters becoming disillusioned by whichever Democrat becomes President.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/22/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/1/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Sep 11, 2019 06:02AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Blessed are they who have learned to admire but not envy, to follow but not imitate, to praise but not flatter, and to lead but not manipulate. -William Arthur Ward

Page 1259 of 1,262 (37,850 results)