We are 223,501 members in 82 forums discussing 157,287 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: I say YES..Part Deux..Continued,.for the StrangeDeadRockerGroup

Forum: Growing Our Friendships After Treatment —

For those who have met on Breastcancer.org and want to continue growing their cybersibling friendships beyond cancer.

Posted on: Jul 31, 2014 09:27AM

bluedahlia wrote:

Here we go.............

But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz.

Page 1270 of 1,273 (38,165 results)

Posts 38071 - 38100 (38,165 total)

Oct 7, 2019 08:41PM ChiSandy wrote:

I think the boat has sailed on Trump's "mandate of Heaven" (though because I'm Jewish, I'm not sure that Heaven isn't just a metaphor for eternity and a higher power: our half of the Bible, plus the Talmud, doesn't mention Heaven or Hell, just "the World to Come at the End of Days," which is not an individual afterlife but an inclusive one far off in the unspecified future. We also don't concede Satan has any power, especially after he tricked Adam & Eve and got himself booted out of the angels; our concept of "salvation" is not from eternal damnation but of being delivered of earthly woes & perils).

Several pundits today are saying that though every "Stepford Senator" who has commented on Trump's pulling troops out of the Turkey-Syria border has absolutely condemned it, none of them have made any allusion to "the i-word." But of course, Mango Moron is using that word with abandon: Tweeting that certain members of Congress should be "impeached." (Hint--even if by some parallel-universe logic they were worthy of removal from office, they can't be impeached, but only censured and stripped of their committee assignments...the latter by their own party's leadership. As if...).

Those same pundits are positing that for the GOP Senators, silence may be the safest choice. Condemn Trump and risk getting primaried by his increasingly ignorant, bigoted, armed but motivated base; defend him and--especially those in tight reelection races come 2020--lose the general election to a Democratic opponent.

And I'm getting increasingly dismayed by Biden's indecision, debate gaffes (and disconnect from contemporary culture) and--as Bob despairingly suspects--early signs of dementia (though nowhere nearly as manifest as You-Know-Who's). He's way up in the polls in SC (41-22 over Warren), and ahead--just outside the margin of error--in WI. He handily trounces tRump in head-to-head matchups, but the rest of the top echelon lead him more narrowly, w/in the margin of error. Just read an article in today's Vanity Fair online that the Democratic donor class is getting uneasy and hoping to find an "alterna-Biden." Some enthusiastically back Warren, but though she'd make a great President, they privately fear that she'd lose the center of both parties and be a disastrous candidate. Others posit that Bennet or Bullock would be perfect candidates...but they're polling at zero. Buttigieg could pull it off, but it's a very, very unlikely scenario. Blacks don't trust Harris because of her draconian record as a county prosecutor before becoming the A.G. of CA; Bernie is out of the running--no way he can rehab from a heart attack and double stenting angioplasty and handle the rigors of the campaign trail. Bill Bradley had only A-fib--not a heart attack nor even angina--back in 2000, but to him that was enough to leave politics for academia. My ideal scenario would be a Biden-Klobuchar ticket: she could tackle the rhetorical and campaign-schedule "heavy lifting," and send a tacitly reassuring message that should Biden falter in office, she'd be a viable successor.

One thing that Bob heard yesterday on CNN: Hillary Clinton should step in as the party's savior. No way--yes, she's the most qualified of them all, but progressives detest her as a corporatist who took too many states for granted in 2016, as do a lot of centrists & independents--the latter citing their distaste for her as their reason for switching to Trump. Were she to run, they'd hold their noses...and vote for him again. I'd rather see Gore come out of retirement.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Oct 7, 2019 08:45PM ananda8 wrote:

Pat Robertson is now quoting Confucius. The Mandate of Heaven belongs to Chinese Emperors.

"As soon as we abandon our own reason, and are content to rely upon authority, there is no end to our troubles." B. Russell

Oct 7, 2019 08:53PM ruthbru wrote:

What an odd world we are living in. I'm agreeing with Pat Robertson whose agreeing with Confucius.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Oct 7, 2019 09:59PM - edited Oct 7, 2019 10:00PM by exbrnxgrl

We've all simply fallen down the rabbit hole, Ruth. At this point, what other explanation could there be for the topsy turvy, lunatic circus that is trump's presidency?

Bilateral mx 9/7/11 with one step ns reconstruction. As of 11/21/11, 2cm met to upper left femur Dx 7/8/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2011 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 11/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/21/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/21/2011 Bone Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2014 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane)

Oct 8, 2019 05:49AM DogMomRunner wrote:

ChiSandy - I'm with you on Biden. I don't know what other choices are out there. Maybe Biden with a Booker or Harris or Warren VP would bring out the younger voters but I'm not sure. No way that Clinton could come back in. She is the most experienced but people still blame her for 2016. I'd vote for anyone (and I do mean any Dem)over Trump.

You ain't run far enough to say My legs have failed You ain't gone far enough You ain't worked hard enough You ain't run far enough to say It ain't gonna get any better. Nathaniel Rateliff Dx 4/24/2019, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/8 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 5/17/2019 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Targeted Therapy 6/6/2019 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 6/6/2019 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 9/22/2019 Whole-breast: Breast

Oct 8, 2019 08:25AM MissouriCatLady wrote:

You go, Ruth! Thursday, I sit at the Christian's lady's desk with the Trump magnet. She is a really nice lady too. I just will never understand, you summed it up perfectly.

Age 56, DX 10/17/18 IDC Left IIB grade 3 0/2 nodes ER+PR-HER2+, 11/7/18 TCHP, 4/4/19 Left Mast, 4/29/19 anastrazole, 6/3/19 Rads Complete response to neoadjuvant therapy

Oct 8, 2019 10:16AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Life is made up of a series of challenges designed to bring us to fullness of growth. Meeting them with hope in the future is the real test of the spiritual person.

Joan Chittister

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Oct 8, 2019 10:45AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Hope in the future --somewhat, but I'll admit I'll need to work on it. How does 24 hrs. become so AMAZING? Read on the way here that tRumps move is the latest ( maybe ) desperation ploy to try and stave off the impeachment. Adam Kinzinger (R) from my state, Illinois says the Dems. may be jumping the gun on impeachment and he needs to hear more. Apparently he was MIA when HIS president casually owned up to extorting Ukraine. Then again the whole point of tRump and company is to turn white into black and vice-versa. Well, I do think maybe the 'bridge' too far where tRump is concerned, may have come through the Kurds. I do understand that the orange weasel has done a pretty good dodge in the mine fields so far, but he is a desperate man and nothing spells the possibility of huge mistakes like desperation. He not only doesn't like having impeachment on his resume I'm sure he doesn't want a jail sentence there either and that is hanging over his head like a very full storm cloud.

Ananda I nearly fell off my chair at 'Madate of Heaven crock per Pat Robertson. I happily leave out the word sentient in front of the Robertson name. As well Ruth and others, Robertson's god as well at many of the R's is certainly not mine. The God I know doesn't stoop to the skullduggery and other heathen behaviors that I've noted of the current evangelical crop.

BTW. I have much respect for Joe Biden but like others worry about the age/mental slowing issues raised. I thought the minute I heard heart attack and Bernie in the same sentence that it was over for him period. We do need younger people in this role because even if okay at the beginning, the role of President is, when done correctly, mentally and physically grueling. Of course, I will stand behind whomever gets the D. nomination and hope not to have strong or any misgivings for that matter. Hopefully we will have at least one woman going in, and I do like the Biden/Globuchar pairing.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Oct 8, 2019 10:49AM IllinoisLady wrote:

McConnell -- you R's are going to have to take a stand. It's late in the day, but for right now it looks like the whole party may have a long time for regrets. I duly note that McConnell making his statement on the sudden abandonment of the Kurds looked a mite demoralized. Must be getting really hard to keep a stiff upper lip where tRump is now.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

Oct 8, 2019 10:54AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: 4 people, text

Oct 8, 2019 12:49PM ananda8 wrote:

Age by itself should not be a concern. Health is the real issue. I'm 73 and don't need any prescription drugs. My joints, spine, etc are fine. My husband is on 11 prescriptions, has deteriorated back, knees and ankles and has 11 stents. He is only two years older than I am. There's an old saying, "It's not the years, it's the miles."

"As soon as we abandon our own reason, and are content to rely upon authority, there is no end to our troubles." B. Russell

Oct 8, 2019 02:54PM IllinoisLady wrote:

You guys forgot Perry. I think a bigger bus is needed. Seems to be getting pretty crowded under there:

No photo description available.

Oct 8, 2019 02:59PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: 2 people, text

Oct 8, 2019 03:43PM lyzzysmom wrote:

Hi Ladies. I lurk only on political matters but read this thread for my sanity. I do worry about Joe Biden. I have friends his age who can run rings round me but he does seem rather old and frail. There were rumors at one point that he was looking at Stacey Abrams as a potential running mate and wonder what your thoughts are. She is young, dynamic and I think may not scare the moderates too much?

Oncotype DX 12, age at dx 59 Surgery 5/5/2014 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Dx 5/16/2014, ILC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx 5/16/2014, LCIS, Stage 0, 0/1 nodes Radiation Therapy 6/23/2014 Breast

Oct 8, 2019 05:17PM Spookiesmom wrote:

Hit ‘em where it hurts

Reoccurrence 3-19. Dx IDC, Stage IIIA, Grade 3

Oct 8, 2019 06:12PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Spookie, I sure hope that takes place. There is a lot of trying to cut the Democrats off, but I think it is a bit shaky.

Supported by

White House Declares War on Impeachment Inquiry, Alleging Effort to Undo Trump's Election ImagePresident Trump with the American ambassador to the European Union, Gordon D. Sondland, in Brussels last year.President Trump with the American ambassador to the European Union, Gordon D. Sondland, in Brussels last year.CreditCreditDoug Mills/The New York Times

By Nicholas Fandos, Peter Baker, Michael S. Schmidt and Maggie Haberman

• Oct. 8, 2019Updated 5:53 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON — The White House declared war on the House impeachment inquiry on Tuesday, announcing that it would not cooperate with what it called an illegitimate and partisan effort "to overturn the results of the 2016 election" of Donald J. Trump.

In a letter to House Democratic leaders, the White House said the inquiry violated precedent and President Trump's due process rights in such an egregious way that neither he nor the executive branch would willingly provide testimony or documents, a daring move that sets the stage for a constitutional clash.

"Your unprecedented actions have left the president with no choice," said the eight-page letter signed by Pat A. Cipollone, the White House counsel. "In order to fulfill his duties to the American people, the Constitution, the Executive Branch, and all future occupants of the Office of the presidency, President Trump and his administration cannot participate in your partisan and unconstitutional inquiry under these circumstances."

The letter came hours after the White House blocked the interview of a key witness, Gordon D. Sondland, the United States ambassador to the European Union, just hours before he was to appear on Capitol Hill.

Read the White House Response to the Impeachment Inquiry

In a letter to House Democratic leaders, the White House counsel called the House's impeachment inquiry illegitimate.

Mr. Trump, defiant as investigators dig further into his efforts to pressure Ukraine to find dirt on his political rivals, ridiculed the inquiry as spurious, signaling even before the release of the top White House lawyer's letter that he planned to stonewall Congress, an act that could itself build the case for charging him in an impeachment proceeding with obstruction.

"I would love to send Ambassador Sondland, a really good man and great American, to testify," Mr. Trump wrote on Twitter Tuesday morning around the time Mr. Sondland was to appear, "but unfortunately he would be testifying before a totally compromised kangaroo court, where Republican's rights have been taken away."

[Catch up on all the day's news here.]

Earlier on Tuesday, House Democrats said they would regard the president's stance as obstruction. Representative Adam B. Schiff, Democrat of California and chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said the administration's refusal to allow Mr. Sondland to appear was "strong evidence" of "obstruction of the constitutional functions of Congress, a coequal branch of government."

Mr. Schiff told reporters that the State Department was also withholding text messages Mr. Sondland had sent on a private device that were "deeply relevant" to the inquiry. He later indicated the House would issue a subpoena for his testimony and the messages.

"The American people have the right to know if the president is acting in their interests, in the nation's interests with an eye toward our national security, and not in his narrow personal, political interests," Mr. Schiff told reporters. "By preventing us from hearing from this witness and obtaining these documents, the president and secretary of state are taking actions that prevent us from getting the facts needed to protect the nation's security."

The decision to block Mr. Sondland from being interviewed was delivered at the last minute, after the ambassador had already flown to Washington from Europe, and lawmakers had returned from a two-week recess to observe the questioning.

Trump administration lawyers and aides have spent days puzzling over how to respond to the impeachment inquiry, and the abrupt move suggested that the president's team has calculated that he is better off risking the House's ire — and even an impeachment article focused on the obstruction — than setting a precedent for cooperation with an investigation they have strenuously argued is illegitimate.

The strategy, if it holds, carries substantial risk to the White House. Privately, some Republicans had urged the White House to allow witnesses like Mr. Sondland to appear, in order to deflate Democratic accusations of a cover-up and offer a public rationale for the president's actions toward Ukraine. Now, some Republicans worry, Democrats have more fodder to argue publicly that Mr. Trump has something to hide.

Mr. Schiff said the Intelligence Committee, working with both the Foreign Affairs and the Oversight and Reform panels, would continue its work regardless. But beyond issuing a subpoena for Mr. Sondland, the chairman did not detail how he might seek to crank up pressure on the White House to comply, and the standoff may create a quandary for Democrats who had hoped to move quickly in extracting crucial evidence and decide in short order whether to push forward on impeaching Mr. Trump.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi said it was too early to know whether Democrats might draft an article of impeachment based on the obstruction issue, akin to one adopted by the House Judiciary Committee in the 1970s impeachment proceedings against Richard M. Nixon.

"The president is obstructing Congress from getting the facts that we need," Ms. Pelosi told reporters in Seattle, where she was holding an unrelated event. "It is an abuse of power for him to act in this way."

The Evidence Collected So Far in the Trump Impeachment Inquiry

The status of the documents and witness testimony being collected by congressional investigators.

Mr. Sondland has become enmeshed in the burgeoning saga of how the president sought to push the Ukrainians to investigate former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr., his son and Democrats. Although Ukraine is not in the European Union, Mr. Trump instructed Mr. Sondland — a wealthy hotelier and contributor to his campaign — to take a lead in his administration's dealings with the country.

Democrats consider him a key witness to what transpired, including whether the president sought to use a $391 million package of security assistance and the promise of a White House meeting as bargaining chips to essentially bully President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine into digging up dirt on the Bidens and other Democrats.

Mr. Trump's allies on Capitol Hill rushed to his defense on Tuesday and condemned Mr. Schiff and the Democrats for running what they described as an unfair process, though they made clear they thought Mr. Sondland would have been a helpful witness for the president's case.

"We were looking forward to hearing from Ambassador Sondland," said Representative Jim Jordan of Ohio, the top Republican on the Oversight and Reform Committee, adding that Republicans believed Mr. Sondland would "reinforce exactly" what lawmakers and aides heard least week from Kurt D. Volker, the former American special envoy to Ukraine. Mr. Volker told investigators he knew of nothing improper between the two countries, although he turned over a trove of documents that raised further questions.

"But we understand exactly why the administration, exactly why the State Department has chosen to say, 'Look if it's going to be this kind of process …,' " Mr. Jordan added.

And in the Senate, Mr. Trump's allies shifted into high gear to orchestrate a counteroffensive on his behalf. Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina and the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said he would invite Rudolph W. Giuliani, Mr. Trump's personal lawyer who was deeply involved in the pressure campaign on Ukraine, to testify before his panel. Mr. Giuliani led the push to enlist the Ukrainians to help investigate the business dealings of the Bidens and a conspiracy theory that Ukraine meddled in the 2016 election.

"Given the House of Representatives' behavior, it is time for the Senate to inquire about corruption and other improprieties involving Ukraine," Mr. Graham said.

Democrats did not flinch at the suggestion, and Senator Dianne Feinstein of California, Mr. Graham's Democratic counterpart on the committee, said she looked forward to questioning "Rudy Giuliani under oath about his role in seeking the Ukrainian government's assistance to investigate one of the president's political rivals."

It was unclear what the Trump administration's position would mean for other witnesses expected to testify in the House investigation. Marie L. Yovanovitch, the former ambassador to Ukraine, is currently scheduled to appear on Friday. The State Department has also missed a subpoena deadline to hand over documents the House has demanded related to Ukraine.

Mr. Sondland interacted directly with Mr. Trump, speaking with the president several times around key moments that House Democrats are now investigating, including before and after Mr. Trump's July call with Mr. Zelensky. The president asked Mr. Zelensky in that conversation to do him "a favor" and investigate the Bidens and matters related to 2016.

Text messages provided to Congress last week showed that Mr. Sondland and another senior diplomat had worked on language for a statement they wanted the Ukrainian president to put out in August that would have committed him to the investigations sought by Mr. Trump. The diplomats consulted with Mr. Giuliani about the statement, believing they needed to pacify him in order to allow the United States to normalize relations with the Ukrainians.

Mr. Sondland was also involved in a back-and-forth with top American diplomats to Ukraine over text last month that suggests some senior State Department officials believed that Mr. Trump may have been holding up the security aid as leverage for getting its leaders to conduct the investigations Mr. Trump wanted.

"As I said on the phone, I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign," William B. Taylor Jr., a top American official in Ukraine, wrote in one exchange in early September.

After receiving the text, Mr. Sondland called Mr. Trump, who asserted it was false.

"Bill, I believe you are incorrect about President Trump's intentions," Mr. Sondland wrote in the messages. "The President has been crystal clear no quid pro quo's of any kind."

Mr. Sondland added: "I suggest we stop the back and forth by text."

There have been conflicting accounts of Mr. Sondland's views, however. Senator Ron Johnson, Republican of Wisconsin, told The Wall Street Journal last week that Mr. Sondland had told him in August that the release of the aid was contingent upon Ukraine opening the investigations. Mr. Johnson said he was alarmed and asked Mr. Trump if there was a quid pro quo involved. The president adamantly denied it, he said.

Robert D. Luskin, Mr. Sondland's lawyer, said in a statement that as a State Department employee, his client had no choice but to comply with the administration's direction. He said Mr. Sondland was "profoundly disappointed" he was not able to testify, and would do so in the future if allowed.

Oct 8, 2019 06:45PM ruthbru wrote:

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Oct 8, 2019 07:20PM IllinoisLady wrote:

I agree totally.

Oct 8, 2019 07:26PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Oct 8, 2019 07:28PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: 3 people, people standing, suit and text

Oct 9, 2019 07:18AM Chevyboy wrote:

These guys are all nuts.... period. When will it ever end?

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+

Oct 9, 2019 12:17PM ruthbru wrote:

Oct 9, 2019 01:59PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Give yourself the gift of forgiving others,
not because THEY deserve it,
but because YOU deserve the serenity and joy
that comes from releasing resentment and anger.
Unconditional forgiveness is the path to your own inner peace.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Oct 9, 2019 02:00PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

Oct 9, 2019 02:10PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Just how I've felt for a long time.

No photo description available.

Oct 9, 2019 02:37PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Another day of insanity. Then again, Trump is not having good times. E.J. Dionne says ( I tried to c and p, but it wouldn't come through ) that in reality Trump is credited with a bigger following than he likely actually has. I think a lot of people know that but it is awfully hard to appreciate when you see some of the things that have happened. I do know that many people did go for 'a businessman' rather than a 'politician'. Now they see what they have in this businessman and Dionne sees lots of regret. Same goes for manufacturing voters, farmer voters etc.

The last two ( coming fairly close ) Trump disasters are really getting attention and it is all pretty negative. I hope I'm right but those who are speaking out for
Trump at the moment sound of insanity. Bringing up Capt. Kangaroo. If this is the best you have I hope you can't hear yourself. Also sending word that you don't intend to do your duty to oversight, because the Constitution has it wrong and you don't have too.

People want rid of this traitor to our Constitution and he continues to feed need and reason to do so every time he makes another move. I actually don't so much fear he will win -- more I FEAR a win by heavy cheating and gross manipulation. If not enough of those things can happen, I think Trump would lose and it wouldn't be close. He has mainly destroyed the R. Party along with so much else. There are a lot of R's ( Dionne ) who just won't be able to give in to the idea of having the humiliation and degradation go on any longer. Not every R is ready to give up on the Constitution. Not every R. wants to allow a loose-cannon lunatic to keep all of us on the edge of annihilation.

If the vote were private in the Senate...….

Oct 9, 2019 02:39PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: 1 person

Oct 9, 2019 02:56PM IllinoisLady wrote:

I placed this on my FB page with some choice words about our next President being not a failed businessman, but that he or she have the sanctity of believing in our Constitution and the oath of office. I have posted some memes there w/o saying anything since there are those who love to argue and seem VERY ready where tRump and company are concerned. Are they just keeping the partisan party noise up or are their hearts tuned that black and dark. Mind you -- many of these people are ones I grew up with, and attended school with and in some cases exchanged letters with after I left home. I know this same thing has happened to most of you. I hope some of them at least -- even if it has to come at the 11th. hour will have an epiphany and can open their eyes.

Image may contain: 5 people

Oct 9, 2019 06:06PM Spookiesmom wrote:

He’s ok with the Syrians getting killed because they have brown skin.

Reoccurrence 3-19. Dx IDC, Stage IIIA, Grade 3

Oct 9, 2019 07:58PM ruthbru wrote:

Page 1270 of 1,273 (38,165 results)