We are 224,419 members in 82 forums discussing 157,743 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: I say YES..Part Deux..Continued,.for the StrangeDeadRockerGroup

Forum: Growing Our Friendships After Treatment —

For those who have met on Breastcancer.org and want to continue growing their cybersibling friendships beyond cancer.

Posted on: Jul 31, 2014 08:27AM

bluedahlia wrote:

Here we go.............

But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz.

Page 1284 of 1,289 (38,658 results)

Posts 38491 - 38520 (38,658 total)

Nov 7, 2019 02:16PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Democrats unveil three questions to guide public impeachment hearings

Members of the House Intelligence Committee plan to zero in on Trump's pressure campaign in Ukraine.

Adam Schiff

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff talks to reporters. | Mark Wilson/Getty Images

By KYLE CHENEY

11/07/2019 09:38 AM EST

Updated: 11/07/2019 01:11 PM EST

House Democrats on Thursday unveiled a narrowly tailored set of questions that they say will guide their public impeachment hearings, with a focus squarely on President Donald Trump's behavior in the Ukraine saga.

The topics will be used to steer the next phase of the impeachment inquiry, with a series of public hearings set to begin Wednesday featuring testimony from two State Department officials on efforts by Trump to pressure Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and other political opponents.

The three questions are: • Did the President request that a foreign leader and government initiate investigations to benefit the President's personal political interests in the United States, including an investigation related to the President's political rival and potential opponent in the 2020 U.S. presidential election?

• Did the President – directly or through agents – seek to use the power of the Office of the President and other instruments of the federal government in other ways to apply pressure on the head of state and government of Ukraine to advance the President's personal political interests, including by leveraging an Oval Office meeting desired by the President of Ukraine or by withholding U.S. military assistance to Ukraine?

• Did the President and his Administration seek to obstruct, suppress or cover up information to conceal from the Congress and the American people evidence about the President's actions and conduct?

The questions themselves were unveiled by the House Rules Committee last week, when Democrats established formal parameters for their impeachment inquiry. They were described at the time as "three interrelated lines of inquiry" that the impeachment probe had centered around.

But for the first time on Thursday, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, the leader of the impeachment investigation, confirmed that those queries would also be the official parameters of the public hearings as well.

Schiff also delivered those parameters to Republicans on Thursday as he formally solicited their requests for witnesses they would like to call publicly. The narrowly focused questions are likely to provoke outrage among Republicans who have indicated they would like to call a range of witnesses who may speak to subjects beyond the Democrats' interest.

Republicans' witness list is due Saturday morning and one of Trump's top defenders says at the top of the list will be the whistleblower who first sounded the alarm about the president's posture toward Ukraine.

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) said he doesn't know the identity of the whistleblower but said Schiff should call the person to testify.

"We'll see if he gives us any of our witnesses," Jordan told reporters on Thursday, declining to identify others that GOP lawmakers intend to request.

Republicans, including Trump, have spent weeks assailing the whistleblower as politically biased, even though the person's basic account of Trump's handling of Ukraine has been corroborated — and expanded upon — by more than a dozen high-level witnesses with more direct knowledge of the episode.

Democrats have warned that Republicans' fixation on the whistleblower is both extraneous — since his account has largely been affirmed — and dangerous, since outing the person's identity could expose him to security risks. Trump has blasted the whistleblower repeatedly and called for him to be outed.

Jordan described the whistleblower as "the name that only Adam Schiff knows," though the person's attorney has argued that no lawmakers know the whistleblower's identity; instead, it's known by only a small circle of intelligence community officials who first received his complaint.

Jordan also sidestepped questions about whether he's about to supplant Rep. Devin Nunes as the ranking member of the Intelligence Committee when impeachment hearings move into the public domain next week — a move that some Republicans have advocated given Jordan's reputation as a dogged questioner and defender of Trump.

House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy floated the possibility of moving Jordan to the Intelligence Committee this week.

"It's up to the leader. It's up to Devin," Jordan said when asked if he wanted to join the panel. "We want to get the truth out and get out of this bunker so the American people can see what's going on."

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Nov 7, 2019 04:45PM ruthbru wrote:

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Nov 7, 2019 05:49PM ananda8 wrote:

Ruth, I'm stealing this.

"As soon as we abandon our own reason, and are content to rely upon authority, there is no end to our troubles." B. Russell

Nov 7, 2019 08:43PM ruthbru wrote:

Be my guest!!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Nov 7, 2019 11:37PM ChiSandy wrote:

Ruth, ThumbsUp

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Nov 8, 2019 12:00AM ChiSandy wrote:

Any thoughts about Bloomberg mulling a run? On the one hand, if he runs as an independent, we're doomed. He would pull more votes from Democrats than from either Republicans or resolutely nonpartisan voters. If he runs as a Democrat, I wonder if it's too late for him to prove his bona fides after having run NYC as a Republican. I'm also skeptical of yet another gazillionaire (same with Yang & Steyer), although--as with Pritzker--he has political experience but unlike J.B. actually had two terms of executive (megacity mayoral) experience. He would undoubtedly position himself as a moderate if not centrist. But not only would all the Warren & Bernie die-hards take their toys and sulk off the playground, I fear a wave of anti-Semitic "push polling" of the kind aimed at Joe Lieberman in 2000. (My sis in VA answered a phone poll that ended with the question "Would you be comfortable with someone who denies Jesus Christ only a heartbeat away from the Presidency?" She answered, "Boy, do you ever have a wrong number!" and hung up).

All things being equal, I think Warren would make a great President. But all things are not equal. She'd be a disastrous candidate, able to resist Trump's insults but not those of his campaign surrogates. She also has little support among black voters (which is also one of Bernie's Achilles' heels). I like Buttigieg, but he too will have problems among older black voters--most of whom are churchgoing AME, Baptist, or Pentecostal social conservatives opposed to LGBTQ rights. Bob thinks Biden may be in the early stages of senility, but all his career he's had a problem with his mouth running two steps ahead of his brain. I wonder if Klobuchar might start moving up.

I like the idea of Medicare For All, but in the form of an option. And it would have to include the ability to buy supplemental insurance, the way Medicare currently works. Without insurance companies, a system that allocates coverage and services like a no-supplement Part A & B would result in some serious rationing of care until the country can figure out how to achieve a Euro-style system.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Nov 8, 2019 09:55AM - edited Nov 8, 2019 10:54AM by IllinoisLady

Life is not merely a series of meaningless accidents or coincidences, but rather, it's a tapestry of events that culminate in an exquisite sublime plan. -unattributed

My life is but a weaving
Between my God and me.
I cannot choose the colors
He weaveth steadily.

Oft' times He weaveth sorrow;
And I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper
And I the underside.

Not 'til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Will God unroll the canvas
And reveal the reason why.

The dark threads are as needful
In the weaver's skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned

He knows, He loves, He cares;
Nothing this truth can dim.
He gives the very best to those
Who leave the choice to Him.

unattributed (often attributed to
Corrie ten Boom, who used it in a
book and often quoted from it.) We are one people forever woven together in a tapestry, . . . And it is our job, our duty and our great challenge to fight the voices of division, and to seek the salve of reconciliation. -Roy Barnes
Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Nov 8, 2019 11:16AM IllinoisLady wrote:

I think Bloomberg would run as a Democrat, but I'm thinking starting late ( you'd have to be able to self-finance ) is not the best thing. Short time to convince people of what you intend to do and present the way to do it and finance it. Like you Sandy, it shouldn't be about money or being a businessman ( of all things ) or even if you have been a highly successful governor or mayor though those things could help. We re in a horrid time and having to watch our democracy full of people who will suck the life out of it or stand by while it happens like the R's.
I do worry about Warren ( sometimes seems a bit glib ) and I agree -- forcing people to TAKE Medicare for all is likely far too steep a gradient. While things needed serious ironing out the ACA was highly workable to much lower income people and Medicaid expansion was great for those who would do it. I wold like to see Klobuchar and maybe Buttigieg, but I'm going to hold my nose and vote for ANY Democrat. If we are fortunate, the public hearings ( despite how hard the R's are going to try and make Trump look like a little lamb ) will get a whole lot more people on board to do whatever is needed to move Trump out of the WH asap.

On that front I've been reading that Trump is exploring early the idea ( and why so early when he wants to stay in the WH for several seasons ) of reality T.V. when he is not in the WH any longer. You wouldn't be looking to start something up if you weren't going to need it for several more yrs. So, unless something unforeseen comes along, it would appear to me that Trump knows his WH future may be quite shaky.

The one part of that I don't get is why he would think he would be able to have a reality show at all. First who wants to watch a show that would feature a failed ( reluctant as ever to use the word with Trump's name ) president. How charming !! Even the most die-hard fans, if they watched would be reminded that he couldn't cut the mustard. I'm wondering if it would last the standard ( is it 6 episodes ) time period that makes or breaks new shows in the line-up. Also, can you do these shows from a jail cell. Many seem to think Trump could be there once he is out of the WH. He seems not to be concerned about where he will be. Lastly, his empire sounds like it is hemorrhaging funds on all of his properties. I think ( it would seem anyway ) his brand is going the opposite direction from him and so who will lend him money or continue to worship at the altar when there is absolutely nothing to be gained. People will be looking for a live mark that hasn't started descending into big time rot. Oh well, some things must be put on hold otherwise known as we have to wait and see.

Nov 8, 2019 11:46AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Dayen on TAP

OK Bloomberg

Is it just coincidence that the derisive millennial slang "OK boomer" has crested just as an old billionaire with the similar-sounding name Michael Bloomberg has decided to bigfoot into the presidential race? Yes, probably, but the moniker "OK Bloomberg" certainly fits.

It gives me no pleasure to have become a serial chronicler of Bloomberg's absurd flirtations with the presidency: here, here, and here, all the way back in 2008. Each time my point is the same: This is someone with no constituency once you take the elevator down from an East 79th St. penthouse or step out of the Morning Joe greenroom. This Twitter thread describing a speech he gave less than a year ago—coming out against marijuana legalization, minimum-wage increases (!), and retraining workers for tech jobs ("they're just not wired that way")—highlights the inanity of the exercise.

If anything, this strengthens the hand of Sanders and Warren by putting another competitor on the moderate side to split votes. Bloomberg also reportedly won't "seek or accept campaign contributions," a genius move which means, under current DNC rules, that he won't appear in any primary debates. But that's not the only show of ignorance on display here.

Bloomberg, speaking for his class, is terrified that popular ideas like the wealth tax are getting traction. For about $50,000, he and his pals could get Kyrsten Sinema, Joe Manchin, Jon Tester, Chris Coons, and a handful of other Senate Democrats to block any legislation to that effect (actually they probably don't have to spend a dime, these aren't exactly bold progressive thinkers). They've bought the Congress for decades and they're afraid that somebody talking about soaking the rich will penetrate the iron fortress they've built? Do they think their corruption of democracy is that fragile?

Actually, that's a paradoxical ray of hope. The billionaires are convinced that they're small men behind the curtain, and anyone pulling that curtain back will rob them of their power. They know this is a country founded in rebellion to aristocrats, that fights Gilded Ages, and they're desperate to stifle those voices, lest they start a fire. Maybe democracy isn't quite dead yet.

Nov 8, 2019 12:16PM lovepugs77 wrote:

From an article about an upcoming book by a self described senior administration official:

The author also describes what it was like in the West Wing waking up to Trump's early-morning Twitter tirades.

"It's like showing up at the nursing home at daybreak to find your elderly uncle running pantsless across the courtyard and cursing loudly about the cafeteria food, as worried attendants tried to catch him," the author writes. "You're stunned, amused, and embarrassed all at the same time."

That quote is the most accurate thing I've read all day.

DX at age 39 Dx 2/17/2017, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2/17/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/24 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/28/2017 Lumpectomy: Left, Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 4/13/2017 Lymph node removal: Left Chemotherapy 5/18/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 9/27/2017 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 11/15/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Nov 8, 2019 05:17PM ChiSandy wrote:

Anonymous also went on to say that your uncle, once he puts on his pants, would go back to his room in the nursing home, not into the Oval Office as (presumably) Leader of the Free World.

Nov 8, 2019 06:56PM ruthbru wrote:

Good Grief!!

Here is a refreshing change of pace from the corrupt, incompetent, nincompoops now in charge:

Eleanor Roosevelt spent the last two years of her life often tired and in pain, but she rarely curtailed her schedule. Battling aplastic anemia and tuberculosis, she continued to speak out on issues relating to racial justice, world peace, and women's rights. In the early fall of 1962 she returned home to Hyde Park where she struggled to complete her last book, Tomorrow is Now, in which she pleads for racial, political, and social justice. "Staying aloof is not a solution," she wrote, "but a cowardly evasion."

Eleanor Roosevelt died November 7th in a New York City hospital at the age of seventy-eight and was buried next to her husband in the rose garden on the family estate in Hyde Park, New York three days later.

Nov 8, 2019 07:10PM ruthbru wrote:

Back to the nincompoops:

Nov 8, 2019 09:44PM IllinoisLady wrote:

ThumbsUp

Love that Ruth. This man ( liar billionaire ) has cost so much to so many, in so many different ways. I think the Anonymous book might be interesting but not sure I would get it. I noted ( just browsing ) that the book section at Walmart now has several 'newer 'political' choices. All of them were by authors who are defending in one way or the other, Trump so I'm not in the least interested. Donny Jr's book was there too. Walmart is about the only game going in this small town so we are there a lot. I'll be keeping an eye on how well some of these books sell. I've seen a couple there for a while now ( newer ones ) that don't seemed to have moved. In fairness, I've also seen Michele Obama's book, but it is not all that new anymore and for awhile it seemed hard to find there.

BTY Eleanor Roosevelt was a nice change. Thank you.

Nov 8, 2019 09:46PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

Nov 8, 2019 09:49PM ruthbru wrote:

Loopy

Nov 8, 2019 09:59PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Good things happen if you vote.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

Nov 8, 2019 10:18PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Last one

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing and text

Nov 8, 2019 11:28PM ChiSandy wrote:

Jackie, this is why an Amazon and a Barnes & Noble account are lifelines! The only reading materials I'd get at Walmart would be sale flyers.

Nov 9, 2019 07:42AM - edited Nov 9, 2019 07:43AM by IllinoisLady

A lot of this we know, but what caught my attention was toward the end.

November 8, 2019

Nov 9

Public post

Today the stories we've been watching for weeks continued to develop. Congress released the transcripts of the testimony of Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who was on the July 25 call between Trump and Ukraine President Zelensky, and Fiona Hill, formerly Trump's expert on Russia. As the other transcripts have done, these transcripts upped the ante for the Ukraine scandal. The witnesses said they had no doubt that the president was demanding the announcement of an investigation into the Bidens in exchange for release of the military aid to Ukraine. If you or I did that, it would be called extortion.

The two testimonies also clarified the timeline for the Ukraine scandal. It was at a meeting on July 10 with Ukrainian officials that career US officials realized that there was a second team working with the Ukrainians without their knowledge. In that meeting, Ukraine officials were still unaware that their military aid was being held back, and so they were focused on arranging a meeting between Zelensky and Trump to illustrate that the US backed the new Ukraine president. But just as then-National Security Advisor John Bolton said a meeting was possible, Gordon Sondland, the Ambassador to the European Union (remember, Ukraine is not in the European Union) hijacked the discussion and told the attendees that, under the direction of acting Chief of Staff Mike Mulvaney, he had already worked out a deal for a meeting between Trump and Zelensky. Bolton called a quick end to the meeting, and Sondland then met with the Ukrainians to tell them they had to announce an investigation into Biden's son's work in Ukraine. Vindman, who was present (he speaks Ukrainian), was deeply trouble by the reported the conversation. For his part, Bolton told Fiona Hill that he was "not part of whatever drug deal Sondland and Mulvaney are cooking up on this."

So now, the Ukraine scandal has an explicit quid pro quo and it reaches into the president's own circle. The obvious person for the House Intelligence Committee to question as it takes over the impeachment investigation is Mick Mulvaney, but, along with most other White House officials, Mulvaney and his own aides have refused to honor subpoenas. John Bolton is also a valuable witness. He has expressed a willingness to testify, but claims he wants clearance from a court first. I'm not sure how to call this one: Bolton is a hardliner who believes in a strong president... but he is clearly furious that he was undermined by amateurs when he was in a key position in our government. Will he testify in the end? My guess is yes, but that and $2 will get you a cup of coffee.

Fiona Hill also got frustrated by Republicans questioning her repeatedly over the conspiracy theory that it was Ukraine rather than Russia that attacked the US in 2016. Ukraine was not the country that attacked, she insisted. It was Russia, and Russian leaders were gearing up to do worse in 2020. "You just had the Senate report coming out informing us all yet again, a bipartisan, nonpartisan report from the Senate about the risk that there is to our elections," she said. "If we have people running around chasing rabbit holes because Rudy Giuliani or others have been feeding information to… [the media]… we are not going to be prepared as a country to push back on this again. The Russians thrive on misinformation and disinformation… We're in peril as a democracy because of other people interfering here…. And if we don't get our act together, they will continue to make fools of us internationally." (177)

So the pressure on Trump continues to mount, and he continues to try to resist it by stonewalling.

But what I found most interesting today was two other things: a speech by a federal judge last night and a letter to Trump's personal lawyer from the whistleblower's lawyer. Both complained about Trump's behavior, but rather than the complaints we've heard all along about how cruel or boorish the man is, both of these two condemnations talked about the role of the presidency, and noted that Trump did not measure up to the requirements of the job.

US District Judge Paul Friedman's speech before a group of Washington judges and lawyers laid out Trump's vicious attacks on the judiciary, and concluded: "This is not normal.... And I mean that both in the colloquial sense and in the sense that this kind of personal attack on courts and individual judges violates all recognized democratic norms."

The lawyer for the whistleblower did something similar in a "cease and desist" letter he wrote to the President's lawyer demanding that Trump stop his attacks on the whistleblower. The lawyer gave Trump a history lesson on other presidents in trying times, quoting Lincoln and JFK, and concluded: "Your client's rhetoric and behavior fall well beneath the dignity of the office."

What I see in these comments is a growing popular recognition that the struggle to hold Trump accountable for lawbreaking is not about party, but rather is about the survival of American democracy.

It's high time.

If you liked this post from Letters from an American, why not share it?

© 2019 Heather Cox Richardson Unsubscribe
PO Box 720263, San Francisco, CA 94172

Nov 9, 2019 08:06AM ruthbru wrote:

I do so hope that John Bolton (who noone at all could say is a deep state liberal) spills the beans.

Nov 9, 2019 08:33AM IllinoisLady wrote:

The Tao Te Ching says, When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need. Have you ever struggled to find work or love, only to find them after you have given up? This is the paradox of letting go. Let go, in order to achieve. Letting go is God's law. -Mary Manin Morrissey

The only things we can keep are the things we freely give to God. What we try to keep for ourselves is just what we are sure to lose. -C.S. Lewis

Nov 9, 2019 08:51AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Glad the week-end is here. As of late some weeks are/have been pretty extraordinary. The other side still seems to scramble a bit, trying to keep up with Trump who burbles out any ole' thing whenever it strikes out on the lawn. A total hazard and while I still don't know whether the book will interest me, I can see Anonymous has a good handle on RECKLESS and DANGEROUS. Just not so sure there is much new and more of a re-cycled telling. Maybe a new gen or two, but who knows.

I too hope Bolton will decide to step out. While I disliked his hawkishness, he is a lot more savvy about how government works. I think he is wholly disappointed in a man who has no control buttons what-so-ever and who makes it impossible for anyone else to be able much to temper problems and negative events. I also think he could testify if he truly wanted to and may be thinking of those who stood up for America so far. I think I noticed a headline ( I didn't get time to read it ) which said the Dems. called the bluff and are not going to subpoena sort of putting the ball back in Bolton's court. Of course, anyone who denies a lawful subpoena just adds more to the impeachment articles, so it is not a total loss.

Also think/hope that the Democrats have a fairly full strategy for handling some of what the R. buffoons will be attempting. In reality, and just my opinion, but I have thought all along that the R's started out wrong -- wanting their "transparency" and now that they are getting it are not happy because what REAL defense is possible against long time military and hard-working patriots that have separately, w/o knowing others testimonies have told the same exact truth/damming evidences and will back in up with public appearances. All the while ( jmo again ) Trump will likely not be able to keep his whiny mouth shut and will paint an ugly picture of the lying, conniving misfit he has been all along. Not a pretty picture.

Nov 9, 2019 08:54AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Lindsey Graham's Anti-Impeachment Resolution Backfires On Him

Posted on October 29, 2019November 9, 2019 by Andrew Bradford

Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) is always eager to be Donald Trump's loyal lapdog, no matter what the president says or does. And as we've found out lately, that even applies when Trump commits high crimes and misdemeanors that lead to impeachment.

So it was no surprise when Graham drew up an anti-impeachment resolution that condemned the House impeachment inquiry, as CNN reported:

"The resolution is critical of the way House Democrats are conducting the impeachment inquiry.
"It argues that the House is 'denying President Trump basic fairness and due process accorded every American.'"

Graham's resolution may never even come to the floor for a full vote, according to Politico:

"McConnell has not promised to hold a vote of his own.
"The Kentucky Republican notably referred the resolution to the Senate Rules Committee rather than bringing it directly to the floor."

As it turns out, the fact that Graham got the resolution going and lined up co-sponsors actually hurts Senate Republicans, and not only from a public relations standpoint. Once again, quoting Politico:

"While that follows the Senate's regular order process, it also could be shelved there for weeks before it sees a committee vote. After that, the resolution could be tied up on the Senate floor if Democrats force procedural votes, which seems likely. Democrats could also filibuster the resolution — which would require 60 votes to overcome."

So instead of being able to confirm more unqualified people to serve as federal judges, which McConnell and the GOP have been doing at a record pace in recent weeks, time will have to be spent on the Graham resolution. That could use up the remainder of the 20 legislative days left on the Senate calendar.

Now that Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has held a formal vote on the impeachment inquiry, Graham's resolution has become moot. His only recourse is to pull the resolution and look like an even bigger fool than he already does. And even that may not be possible if Senator Graham wants to remain in Donald Trump's good graces.

With each day, the impeachment of Donald Trump not only brings Trump closer to watching as public hearings expose his many crimes, it also weakens the Republican Party and all but guarantees they'll suffer a humiliating loss in the 2020 election.

Looks like Lindsey's endless butt kissing has come back to haunt him

Nov 9, 2019 08:57AM IllinoisLady wrote:

No photo description available.

Nov 9, 2019 10:22AM ananda8 wrote:

Democrats and the news should stop using the term quid pro quo. First, the average American does not speak Latin or understand refined legal concepts. Second, that's not what happened. Trump attempted to extort the President of Ukraine the very same way a Mafia boss would use extortion on a restaurant owner, offering protection (military aid) in exchange for a payment (investigating Biden). Use the word extortion because that is what happened.

"As soon as we abandon our own reason, and are content to rely upon authority, there is no end to our troubles." B. Russell

Nov 9, 2019 11:22AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Ananda ThumbsUp and I also think pointing out at every turn that the current WH occupant is selling out our security to Russia/Putin and that the R's are willing to go hand and hand and sell us all out too. Trump is a horrid puppet and the R's are so afraid they will lose their standing/seats/money flows from NRA & Russia too that they sold out. I hope it ends up that they all have to face their own personal insanities.

I do think at first they thought Trump was so stupid that they could get their own desires while holding Trump back -- but Putin is way more clever. Some ( don't know for sure who ) likely knew Putin was in from the start but anything to stay where they had gotten too and those are the R's that are the most dangerous because they didn't start out with much conscience and it is not something likely to change. If there is some hope for a few, I no longer care after all that we have endured under the Orange lunatic. The sooner this batch is gone the better.

Nov 9, 2019 11:28AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: 2 people

Nov 9, 2019 01:00PM Spookiesmom wrote:

I’ve read McConnell and Graham are neck deep to Putin. Could be I suppose, given their antics.

Reoccurrence 3-19. Dx IDC, Stage IIIA, Grade 3

Nov 9, 2019 01:33PM Chevyboy wrote:

But no matter what they do, their loyal fans will always excuse them! Same with their fearless leader! Just wish there were something we could do to get his sorry a$$ out of there.... all of them!

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+

Page 1284 of 1,289 (38,658 results)