Join Us

We are 216,350 members in 84 forums discussing 160,204 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: I say YES..Part Deux..Continued,.for the StrangeDeadRockerGroup

Forum: Growing Our Friendships After Treatment —

For those who have met on Breastcancer.org and want to continue growing their cybersibling friendships beyond cancer.

Posted on: Jul 31, 2014 08:27AM

bluedahlia wrote:

Here we go.............

But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz.

Page 1413 of 1,436 (43,071 results)

Posts 42361 - 42390 (43,071 total)

May 20, 2020 03:31PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Guess this is just more of his very fine people. Such trash under the GOLD rug.

How does Trump even KNOW this many sh*tbags???

Andrew Simpsonto Americans For Sanity

10 mins

So this seems pretty awful.

Oh my God. Another one?!

About this website

politicaltribune.orgTrump Campaign Advisor Pleaded Guilty To Charges Of Child Trafficking

Oh my God. Another one?!

Oh my God. Another one?!

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 20, 2020 03:49PM ruthbru wrote:

A picture is worth a thousand words!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 20, 2020 04:01PM Chevyboy wrote:

I just found this somewhere... followed it to FB, and thought I would post it here... We all think alike... unlike our FB "friends"... Andrew Simpson May 18 at 5:41 PM ·

Every once in a while, when Trump says something particularly crazy, I fall into a pretty common trap of thinking that eventually people will come around and see he's full of shit.

That doesn't last long, because I know a secret that I'm going to tell you here in a minute.

Today the president announced to reporters that he was taking the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine — you know, the pills that have already killed at least one guy and been proven to cause serious issues in people with heart problems. He went on to say that doctors who warn against taking the drug preventatively for COVID-related illness should be ignored because they're "probably Democrats."

He's not taking it, of course. He's not for the same reason that the Fox News hosts who are helping covidiots DEMAND that the world resume — that the TGI Friday's chain unshutters their venerable houses of jalapeño poppers and Long Island Iced Teas — are themselves working from home and planning to do so for at least another month.

Why say it? By linking the (safe) advice to NOT take the drug to "probably Democrats" he ensures that his voters will WANT to take it just like him, only he's not, and they'll die.

The answer is actually simple, and it's part of what I want you guys to understand about not just Trump himself, but also why Trump voters will always be Trump voters.

Maybe you don't quite know what a narcissist is.

A narcissist isn't just someone who thinks highly of themselves, or it would be limited to those who had a reason to. It would be something more akin to conceit or arrogance or pride, but it's not.

Narcissism requires irrational thought: You are not just great, you are superior to others in such a way that you feel like others are almost alien, they're so unlike you, and that you have a claim on some sort of privilege that others don't (and shouldn't) have, and that others are always looking for a way to gain the advantages you have or to unseat you from your position of superiority.

Narcissism, therefore, is not just the conceit of good looks or the arrogance of intelligence, but almost an ongoing thesis of your own superiority — a SET of beliefs that inform your very existence.

But maybe you don't know what a white supremacist is, either.

A white supremacist isn't just someone who says the n-word, or it would be limited to cruel, uncouth loudmouths who like to "stir the pot," as it were. It would be something more akin to mean-spiritedness or revenge-seeking or the error of uncorrected upbringing, but it's not.

White supremacy requires irrational thought: You are not just great, you are superior to others in such a way that you feel like others are almost alien, they're so unlike you, and that you have a claim on some sort of privilege that others don't (and shouldn't) have, and that others are always looking for a way to gain the advantages you have or to unseat you from your position of superiority.

Did you catch that copy and paste?

Narcissism and white supremacy aren't identical, of course, nor would I even remotely erase the experiences of either POC who have suffered at the hands of white supremacists or abuse victims ravaged by narcissism.

Each is felt by their purveyors as an embodiment of their relative position to others. It can't be reduced to hate or arrogance because each is manifested as a general sense of one's relative position in society and the entitlement to a better position than others.

Narcissism is not just the guy who one-ups all of your anecdotes any more than white supremacy is only people who would totally be okay with slavery if it existed right now. Each is far more personal, intense, and pervasive than those simple explanations.

Narcissists and racists ride parallel lines in a lot of ways: Each has no empathy for those outside the group they deem superior (the self or whites), each sees themselves as exempt from rules that should only apply to others, each believes that they are entitled to admiration without objective merit — the narcissist thinks you should also believe they are superior, and the white supremacist believes that whites should get the most, and most positive, representation in the media and among their social groups.

Each sociopathy is accompanied by gaslighting and the minimization of the abuser's effect on others: Both the racist and the narcissist must continue to believe that you also believe as they do in their superiority, or the illusion — delusion — that holds it all together is gone.

So. All of that describes Trump and also a good portion of his supporters, who are far more numerous than you're even admitting to yourself RIGHT NOW, even though I'm pointing it out and you just read a great description of them.

But why won't they turn away? Well, part of it is the delusions of narcissism and racism — some of his base, too much of it, actually is like him and they honor and glorify the self that they see in his overt, open cruelty.

Others, unfortunately, are victims of a similar but less harmful but still freaking harmful mindset that just wants to be doing better than other people, relatively speaking.

There have, of course, been studies that showed a tremendous number of people, when polled, would rather make $50,000 a year if everyone else made $30,000 than to make $100,000 if everyone else was making $200,000. Objectively they would make more with the 100K salary, but they would take HALF that pay in order to be making more than everyone else.

Following Trump doesn't threaten his voters' relative position in society. He tells them every day they deserve it and are superior to everyone else, that literally no one else is to even be TRUSTED.

That's the kind of emotional and psychological reassurance that merely seeing him botch a response to a pandemic won't break. His awful behavior every single day isn't just not enough to make them think rationally and "come around" like liberals think they might — it's the incontrovertible proof that someone who objectively is not superior to anyone can not only be president but live out the narcissist's and racist's dream: Unmitigated access to advantages and privilege that no one else gets, with no repercussions. Absolute authority of your own beliefs.

Trump literally COULD shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and not lose these voters. He owns them now. It's time to stop telling ourselves that reason will prevail, because his followers are completely irrational.

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+

May 20, 2020 07:42PM IllinoisLady wrote:

That is very interesting Chevy and I'm going to read it again a couple of times. He ( Trump ) does have a real stranglehold on so very many people. Thank goodness they didn't all keep drinking the Kool Aid though. I'm thinking here mostly of the I hate Hillary voters who found that they got something that maybe was even worse for them and now -- now with the economy in horrid tatters, along with the health issues and all, Trump has lost plenty of people. I'm not sure what will happen -- but I do believe NOT in some of Trump's very fine people and now find that not only are they not fine, they are afflicted with a "form" of his disorders.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 20, 2020 07:46PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Flynn's lawyer just royally screwed him.

An attorney representing former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn made a filing in a federal appeals court on Tuesday that appears likely to do more harm than good, even leading to the …deepleftfield.infoNew Court Filing By Attorney For Michael Flynn Likely To Backfire Badly On The Convicted Liar

An attorney representing former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn made a filing in a federal appeals court on Tuesday that appears likely to do more harm than good, even leading to the …

An attorney representing former Trump National

May 20, 2020 07:47PM ruthbru wrote:

I don't even think I am a terrible person when I say I wish he was dead.......if that is not in the cards, I wish someone he cared about (if such a person exists) would get really, really, really sick with it. That's the only way that he MIGHT get a clue.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 20, 2020 07:48PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: 3 people, suit and text

May 20, 2020 08:49PM Betrayal wrote:

I want to quote Helen Ubinas a columnist in the Philadelphia Inquirer today in her article entitled: Lives Lost: How can some seem to so easily dismiss the death of thousands, " What we should do, perhaps what we should have long done, is replace the deranged and dangerous White House news conferences with photo after photo of those who have died, or at the very least split the screen between Donald Trump and his enablers peddling propaganda with portraits of the dead.

... this stunning toll needs to be permanently memorialized. If so manuy of us choose to reject the inconvenient truths of this pandemic, we can at least try to remind those who come after of what didn't have to be: Americans selfishly sacrificed fellow American lives. I vote for finally giving Trump the wall he deserves. Much like the memorial wall that honors those who died in Vietnam, Trump's wall should list every American who died of Covid-19. except Trump's wall will have to be bigger. As of Memorial Day 2019, there were 58, 276 names of those killed in Vietnam. More than 90,000 Americans have so far died from the virus."

Sobering facts and I do wish someone would initiate such a memorial wall.

Dx 1/7/2016, DCIS/ILC/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/1/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 2/1/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 3/4/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 3/31/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/25/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 5/19/2017 Femara (letrozole)

May 20, 2020 09:01PM ChiSandy wrote:

I'd donate to that wall in a heartbeat, Betrayal!

So today SpongeBlobSquareTan mentioned he had stopped taking hydroxychloroquine. I'm with those who believe he was never taking it, but just talking it up to make Rudy & Laura Ingraham look good (and perhaps because somebody cut him in on a stock deal with the drug's mfr.).

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

May 20, 2020 10:25PM ruthbru wrote:

Here's one for all the older teachers coping with distance learning.

May 20, 2020 10:27PM Betrayal wrote:

I apologize for my poor typing. Errors/typos in the above post are mine, not Helen's. I would donate to this memorial wall as well.

Dx 1/7/2016, DCIS/ILC/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/1/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 2/1/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 3/4/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 3/31/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/25/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 5/19/2017 Femara (letrozole)

May 20, 2020 11:50PM - edited May 20, 2020 11:51PM by exbrnxgrl

Ruth,

Love the meme . Teaching a la remote learning for schools that were not set up that way is a trip, especially with first graders. I do some things live via Zoom but récord others. Today I recorded a reading of a social studies story in both English and Spanish. Kids can see the book and read along while my head appears in a little bubble as I read the book. I'm so glad that we have this technology but it’sso...remote

Bilateral mx 9/7/11 with one step ns reconstruction. As of 11/21/11, 2cm met to upper left femur Dx 7/8/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2011 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 11/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/21/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/21/2011 Bone Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2014 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane)

May 21, 2020 09:12AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Powerful message today.

Heather Cox Richardson 9 hrs ·

May 20, 2020 (Wednesday)

There was one vignette today that captured a lot more than its immediate subject.

Trump took to twitter to oppose what he said was Michigan's recent mailing of absentee ballots to the state's voters. "This was done illegally and without authorization by a rogue Secretary of State. I will ask to hold up funding to Michigan if they want to go down this Voter Fraud path!" the president tweeted.

But Michigan's secretary of state responded: "Hi! I also have a name, it's Jocelyn Benson. And we sent applications, not ballots. Just like my GOP colleagues in Iowa, Georgia, Nebraska and West Virginia." When Trump deleted his first inaccurate tweet about ballots and corrected it in a second similar tweet, she responded: "Every Michigan registered voter has a right to vote by mail. I have the authority & responsibility to make sure that they know how to exercise this right- just like my GOP colleagues are doing in GA, IA, NE, and WV. Also, again, my name is Jocelyn Benson."

Later today, Trump tried to threaten Nevada in a similar way. "State of Nevada 'thinks' that they can send out illegal vote by mail ballots, creating a great Voter Fraud scenario for the State and the U.S. They can't! If they do, 'I think' I can hold up funds to the State. Sorry, but you must not cheat in elections."

There is a lot encompassed in these tweets. Trump is running behind presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden in virtually every poll, and Michigan is crucial to his reelection prospects. But his problem is not mail-in ballots. Currently, the states of Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, and Utah, as well as various counties in California, all have vote by mail. A mail-in system creates about a 2% increase in voting, but does not appear to benefit one party over another. Neither does it create measurable voter fraud, which remains vanishingly rare in our system. Nonetheless, Trump has concluded that the Republicans should "fight very hard" against mail-in voting, despite the coronavirus, because it "doesn't work out well for Republicans."

If this exchange of tweets between Trump and Benson shows that Trump is worried about his reelection prospects, it also reveals the sort of quid pro quo that was at the heart of the Ukraine scandal. His threat to withhold monies from Michigan and Nevada until they do what he wants echoes his request of Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky that he announce an investigation into Joe Biden's son before getting the military support Ukraine so desperately needed. It reiterates his view of governance as merely a series of deals with a winner and a loser, a zero-sum game, rather than as an arrangement that should benefit everyone.

That being said, it is not at all clear what monies Trump was talking about. As Minnesota Senator Amy Klobuchar put it, "Last time I checked, the Constitution gives Congress the power to appropriate money, not you. We provided $400 million to help states protect voters from this virus. A bill you signed! You can't take money back because you think you should be the only one allowed to vote by mail."

Klobuchar is referring to the fact that Trump, himself, along with Vice President Mike Pence, Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump, and other senior members of the administration, all vote by mail. Nonetheless, Republicans are pushing the idea that mail-in voting is an attempt of Democrats to commit fraud. Texas is in the midst of a nasty legal fight over whether voters can mail-in ballots because of the coronavirus. Opponents are happy for older people-- who skew Republican--to vote by mail, but say that fear of Covid-19 is not a physical condition that would justify a mail-in ballot; it is simply an "emotional" fear and thus no excuse for wanting to avoid public polling places. The question is now before the Texas courts.

So Trump is worried about his reelection prospects and eager to attack mail-in voting that pretty clearly does not give Democrats any particular leg up, raising the possibility that he is setting himself up to accuse Michigan and Nevada of rigging the system if he loses in November. He has accused Democrats of cheating since 2016, and his language on that front has ramped up dramatically lately as his polls have fallen.

And yet, Michigan's secretary of state called him out. Insisting on the reality that belies his narrative, she repeats: "My name is Jocelyn Benson."

From Moby Dick's famous beginning "Call me Ishmael" to the fear in the Harry Potter books of calling the evil Voldemort by name, invoking someone's name makes them a power to be reckoned with. In this case, a woman doing her job, insisting on reality that interrupts Trump's narrative, repeatedly demands that he use her name.

It's a powerful moment. At a time when senators and government officials appear to have ceded their power to Trump, it is ordinary Americans like Jocelyn Benson, ordinary women like Jocelyn Benson, who are standing up to him. "Hi!" she wrote. "I also have a name."

Indeed she does. That's exactly what the president is afraid of.

May 21, 2020 09:27AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Teach me to feel another's woe, To right the fault I see; That
mercy I to others show, That mercy show to me.
--Alexander Pope

May 21, 2020 10:28AM ruthbru wrote:

May 21, 2020 03:18PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot Kellyanne Conway practices social distancing by staying miles away from the truth.'

May 21, 2020 03:19PM - edited May 21, 2020 03:19PM by IllinoisLady

There was a time I'd think this one over before sharing it -- no more.

Image may contain: text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot If you're stupid enough to take medical advice from Donald Trump, the species would be stronger without you.'

May 21, 2020 03:20PM IllinoisLady wrote:

And a lot of times it really does.

Image may contain: one or more people, text that says 'I LOVE THE SMELL OF PRESIDENTIAL PANIC TWEETING IN THE MORNING. IT SMELLS LIKE DEMOCRACY WINNING. American News X'

May 21, 2020 03:23PM - edited May 21, 2020 03:24PM by IllinoisLady

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'Pam Keith I want to point out that the FIRST and most MASSIVE failure of our system was allowing Trump to remain in the presidency after 17 intel agencies concluded that Russia helped him win. THAT is when he should have been removed from office. That was in April of 2017. 9:41 9:41 AM May 21, 2020'

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'Nasty Woman for Biden Never again believe your vote doesn't count. The last election was decided by 77k votes, fewer than the Trump Death Count. Vote to honor those who no longer can. #TrumpDeathToll95K 1:07 1:07 PM May 21, 2020'

May 21, 2020 03:33PM IllinoisLady wrote:

No wonder I've lost weight -- when I watch and read about Trump I'm forever shaking my head from the sheer amt. of stupidity that comes out of this man's mouth. The Reps. should be VERY embarrassed, but no -- it doesn't suit their agenda. They just may pay for that this coming Nov.

Image may contain: 1 person, suit, text that says 'He WHI WASHI JSE "I tested very positively in another sense. I tested positively toward negative. I tested perfectly this morning, meaning I tested negative." Donald Trump, 5/21/2020 YES He REALLY SAID THAT CALL TO ACTIVISM'

May 21, 2020 06:41PM IllinoisLady wrote:

It will be what it will be, but this is not a bad track record.

Oxford Economics Election Model Predicts Trump Will Lose Popular Vote

A new election model from Oxford Economics forecasts President Donald Trump will lose the popular vote in November. An unemployment rate above its global financial crisis peak, household income nearly 6% below its pre-virus levels, and transitory deflation will make the economy a nearly insurmountable obstacle for Trump come November," Oxford Economics said in its report. Oxford …

Continue reading "Oxford Economics Election Model Predicts Trump Will Lose Popular Vote"

FacebookTwitterRedditStumbleUpon
Read more »

May 21, 2020 08:20PM ruthbru wrote:

May 22, 2020 03:03PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Happiness consists not of having, but of being, not of possessing, but of enjoying. It is the warm glow of a heart at peace with itself.

Norman Vincent Peale

May 22, 2020 04:16PM ruthbru wrote:

May 22, 2020 05:45PM ruthbru wrote:

BISMARCK, ND (KFGO) – An emotional Gov. Doug Burgum is asking that politics be removed from the discussion over whether to wear a mask as protection against coronavirus.

The Republican governor said he hopes North Dakota can "skip" the ideological and political debate that's been going on in other parts of the country.

"If someone is wearing a mask, they're not doing it to represent what political party they're in, or what candidates they support. They might be doing it because they have a five-year-old child who's going through cancer treatments. They might have vulnerable adults in their life who currently have COVID" Burgum said.

May 22, 2020 06:01PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Ruth, that is heart wrenching isn't it?? I read that elsewhere and just worked hard not to well up and I'm working hard again. All the people that have been lost and some just are not getting the extreme seriousness. It is a long time till there is something that can be used ( meds or vaccine ) against this killer.

May 22, 2020 06:02PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Trump Says He Will Not "Close the Country" If Second Wave of Virus Hits

Chris Walker, Truthout

Some health experts are warning that the country is ill-prepared for a second wave of the disease.
Read the Article →

May 22, 2020 06:08PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Now I remember why I've never been fond of Romney.

GOP "Plot to Gut Social Security Behind Closed Doors" Gains Steam in COVID Talks

Jake Johnson, Common Dreams

A proposal by Sen. Mitt Romney alarmed advocates who warn the bill is a stealth attack on Social Security and Medicare.
Read the Article →

May 22, 2020 09:32PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: text that says 'Dear High School Graduates Trump's incompetence stole your graduation. In November, steal his second term. VOTE BLUE American News X'

May 22, 2020 09:36PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'The only thing he's fit for is a trial.'

Page 1413 of 1,436 (43,071 results)