We are 193,484 members in 81 forums discussing 143,482 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Growing Our Friendships After Treatment → Topic: I say YES..Part Deux..Continued,.for the StrangeDeadRockerGroup

Topic: I say YES..Part Deux..Continued,.for the StrangeDeadRockerGroup

Forum: Growing Our Friendships After Treatment —

For those who have met on Breastcancer.org and want to continue growing their cybersibling friendships beyond cancer.

Posted on: Jul 31, 2014 09:27AM

bluedahlia wrote:

Here we go.............

But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz.

Page 775 of 901 (27,024 results)

Posts 23221 - 23250 (27,024 total)

May 18, 2017 08:06PM SerenitySTAT wrote:

Don't get mad, Mad. Time's cover is more than just a quick Photoshop.

This cartoon dated before your cover.

"Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) 🐶☕️🛀🖼🥐🌲🎭 Dx 11/2015 IDC Left IIIC 10/11 nodes ER+PR+HER2-, 12/2015 Left Mast, 2/2016 4 AC+12 Taxol, 9/2016 Rads Nodes Chest wall 15+4 boosts, 10/2016 Tamox

May 18, 2017 08:14PM ksusan wrote:

I'm liking the sound of "President Hatch."

Mutant uprising quashed. Dx 1/2015, IDC, Right, Stage IIA, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/2015, DCIS, Left, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy Whole-breast Chemotherapy Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

May 18, 2017 10:31PM ruthbru wrote:

Yes, I'd pick Hatch him over choices A, B, and C!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 18, 2017 10:44PM SerenitySTAT wrote:

ThumbsUp

"Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) 🐶☕️🛀🖼🥐🌲🎭 Dx 11/2015 IDC Left IIIC 10/11 nodes ER+PR+HER2-, 12/2015 Left Mast, 2/2016 4 AC+12 Taxol, 9/2016 Rads Nodes Chest wall 15+4 boosts, 10/2016 Tamox

May 18, 2017 10:46PM SerenitySTAT wrote:

May 18, 2017 10:53PM - edited May 18, 2017 10:53PM by DivineMrsM

Oh how I would dearly love to see smirky entitled Pence goin' down down down along with Don.

Oh, whoever said they saved their champagne from election night and moved it so it was more easily accessible for a celebratory toast....I applaud you and wish I'd done the same.....

found lump 12/22/10~er+/pr+/her2- stage iv bone mets~chemo~lumpectomy~ radiation~arimidex~

May 18, 2017 10:55PM SerenitySTAT wrote:

May 19, 2017 01:11AM ruthbru wrote:

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 19, 2017 01:21AM ChiSandy wrote:

What sucks even more is that while Dolt45 was entertaining his beloved Turkish strongman despot Tadip Erdogan (and mispronouncing his name), Erdogan’s official goons—uh, bodyguards—were beating up peaceful protestors outside the WH. When the DC police stepped in to intervene, the goons turned on the cops and began kicking the shit out of them too. Any consequences for foreign officials committing crimes against innocent Americans on U.S. soil? Nope…diplomatic immunity.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

May 19, 2017 02:31AM - edited May 19, 2017 02:32AM by Trill1943

That well-known video of Comey and Trump wasn't such a nice event for Comey once that hand grabbed him and dragged him in. . .

Comey was 'disgusted' by hug with Trump

BY BROOKE SEIPEL - 05/18/17 11:19 PM EDT 823

A friend of James Comey said Thursday that the former FBI director was "disgusted" when President Trump hugged him at a White House event earlier this year, calling it an "intentional attempt to compromise [Comey] in public."

Brookings Institution fellow Benjamin Wittes, a close friend of Comey, recounted the incident on PBS "NewsHour" Thursday. According to Wittes, Comey was "disgusted" when Trump gave Comey a hug during a White House visit for a ceremony honoring law enforcement officials that worked Trump's inauguration.

Wittes said Comey "really did not want to go to that meeting" and tried to distance himself from Trump to ensure the FBI's independence from the White House. Comey, who is 6 feet 8 inches tall, was wearing a dark blue suit and stood near the similarly colored curtains in the back of the room, hoping that Trump would not spot him.

Trump did end up calling out Comey.

"Right at the end, Trump singles [Comey] out in a fashion that [Comey] regarded as sort of calculated," Wittes said. "Trump grabs the hand and kind of pulls [Comey] into the hug, but the hug is entirely one-sided. Comey was just completely disgusted by the episode."

Dx 10/31/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/14/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

May 19, 2017 09:24AM SelenaWolf wrote:

Sandy... I saw that disgrace on CBC this evening. Good gawd!!! I cannot think of anything more symbolic of DT's administration: foreign goons kicking the sh!t out of American citizens on American soil. Yes, they may have diplomatic immunity; however, a strongly worded condemnation by the WH could have been made. No. Wait. I forgot. DT must have his photo-op moment so that he can whine about how no politician in history has been more maligned that him.

Ruth... great meme.

"... good girls never made history ..."

May 19, 2017 09:58AM ruthbru wrote:

Commentary:

If you work for President Trump, it's time to quit

I've been a Republican political consultant for almost 30 years, and I've dispensed a lot of private advice. But now it's time for me to reach out publicly to my fellow Republicans working in the Trump administration.

We really need to talk.

Whether you're a 20-something fresh off the campaign trail or a seasoned Washington insider serving in the Cabinet, by now you're painfully aware that you're not making America great again; you're barely making it to the end of the daily news cycle before your verbally incontinent boss, the putative leader of the free world, once again steers the proverbial car into a ditch. On every front, you're faced with legal, political and moral hazards. The president's job, and yours, is a lot harder than it looked, and you know the problem originates in the Oval Office.

You hate that people are shying away from the administration jobs in droves: Just this week, in rapid succession, both Texas Sen. John Cornyn and South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy withdrew their names from consideration as replacements for former FBI Director James Comey, the guy your boss fired. Whatever department you're in, it's a safe bet that it's a whispering graveyard of empty appointments and unfilled jobs

You figured Trump would turn his political capital into big wins, and that his lack of interest in policy details would let you and your friends in Congress set the agenda. Sure, you knew you'd have to feed Trump's ego and let him take a victory lap after every success, but you also thought you might claim a smidgen of credit for a popular infrastructure bill, a big tax cut, repeal of Obamacare or a host of other "easy" lifts. Because we're all ambitious, right? It's OK to admit it.I know: many of you serving in Cabinet, sub-Cabinet and White House roles joined Team Trump in good faith, believing you could help steady the ship, smooth the rough edges and, just maybe, put some conservative policy wins up on the board. You could see that President Donald Trump's undisciplined style was risky, but you hoped the big show playing over at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue would provide you with cover to work steadily and enthusiastically on the administration's legislative priorities. Some of you even bought into the 'Merica First new nationalism. Many of you quietly assured friends in the Washington ecosystem that Trump would settle into his job - after all, just a few days after taking office, he assured us, "I can be the most presidential person ever."

Instead, your president botched Trumpcare 1.0 and contributed little as Speaker Paul Ryan managed to ram the public-relations nightmare, Trumpcare 2.0, through the House at the cost of much political blood and treasure. Instead, Trump's fumbles have left many members of Congress ducking town hall meetings as if they're in the Witness Protection Program. The DOA tax bill and the rest of Trump's agenda are deader and more pungent than six-day-old fish. Maybe your particular bureau is still afloat, but you're really not doing much except playing defense and wondering which of your colleagues is leaking to The Post.

You learned quickly that your job isn't actually to serve the nation, manage your agency or fulfill the role you ostensibly play according to the White House org chart. In reality, you spend most of your time fluffing Trump's ego. Either that or you're making excuses for not being a more aggressive suck-up. If you've been ordained to appear on television as an administration surrogate, you know by now that your task isn't to advocate for your agency or issue, but to lavish the president with praise.

Now, you see the daily train wreck; you see a White House in turmoil and a president drawing an ever-tighter circle of family and corporate vassals around himself. You worry that the scandals and legal troubles, that have been rumbling on the horizon like a summer thunderstorm, are drawing nearer. You should worry.

Every day you get up, slide into the seat of your Prius or Tahoe (and, if you're senior enough, exchange a few polite words with your driver) and start checking Twitter. Whatever it is that you're feeling, it doesn't feel anything like Morning in America. It feels like some far-away kleptocracy where the center hasn't held, the airfield and radio station have fallen to the rebels, and the Maximum Leader is holed up in his secret bunker waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Soon (and by soon, I mean now) you'll have to make a choice. You'll have to decide if "I'm here to help" has morphed into "I'm helping this president dismantle the republic." In D.C., principle is as rare as hen's teeth, but, GOP friends, I'm here to help you.

You already know you can't save the president because he doesn't want to be saved. You already know there's not another, better version of Trump getting ready to show up. You're smart. You're loyal. You're sniffing the wind like a gazelle, nose filled with the scents of predators. You don't want to break from the pack too soon, but there's greater risk in waiting too long.

When regimes collapse, dead-enders are the most fascinating to watch — the ones who end up with the profitable concessions and sought —after mistresses. You know already, though, that's probably not you. So, when this regime falls, ask yourself, do you want to be among those who said "not me," or do you want to go out like a Ba'ath Party generalissimo?

Sticking with Trump to the bitter end and pretending the unfolding chaos is just "fake news" won't save your reputation as the walls close in. It won't ease the judgment of history. It won't do anything to polish up your future Wikipedia entry.

Cutting ties with a man who is destructive to our values, profoundly divisive, contemptuous of the rule of law and incontrovertibly unfit to serve in the highest office in the land just might. Do it now.

Washington Post

Rick Wilson is a Republican consultant and a columnist for the Daily Beast.

May 19, 2017 10:11AM DivineMrsM wrote:

Great opinion piece fromWaPo, Ruth!

found lump 12/22/10~er+/pr+/her2- stage iv bone mets~chemo~lumpectomy~ radiation~arimidex~

May 19, 2017 10:18AM ruthbru wrote:

May 19, 2017 11:01AM IllinoisLady wrote:

We can stop waiting for life to become perfect and start working
with what we've got to make it as satisfying as we can.We can accept, bless, give thanks, and get going.Today, we can begin to call forth the riches from our everyday life.Procrastination has robbed us of too many precious opportunities.Call a friend for lunch, begin to read or even write that novel, organize your papers.Try a new recipe for dinner, smile at everyone you meet, sit and dream before a blazing fire, pick up your needlepoint again, act as if you're grateful to be alive, scatter joy.Think of one thing that would give you a genuine moment of pleasure today and do it.

Sarah Ban Breathnach

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 19, 2017 11:12AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Loved ALL the memes as true as truth gets. Love former VP Biden in there for sure. Also Ruth, the Rick Wilson article/commentary. I'm sure ( because I've heard it more than once this a.m. that in general Dems will be the ones basically blamed for Trump's present troubles. The only ones buying that will be those who would prop up Trump while he is out on 5th. Ave shooting people.

I am wondering -- if the big names ( thinking Ryan and maybe Chafffetz ) are possibly well implicated in the Russia/WH thread -- how many other of the lesser members. I hope pallid and paltry Pence gets a great come-uppance for his DEEP lies, and yes I do use those words because Pence is anything but pallid and paltry. He is neck deep in the whole thing. In how many languages can you say --- when you do what you do for way less than stellar reasons just what in the heck do you think you are going to get. Some must think of themselves as having absolute stupefying brilliance that they can do such brazen activities and no one is going to notice or care. As what was so recently said " You're kidding ".

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 19, 2017 12:20PM QuinnCat wrote:

Love the graphics! Oh Ruthbru - the leaks versus tax returns, says it all.

John Dean went to jail, but he testified against Nixon and the only one whose reputation survived....well, maybe the guy that became a minister, somewhat. Whatever happened to Haldemann? That actual ex-spy and burger became a Fox News celebrity, I guess. What a fate. I can't believe anyone would stay employed at the WH except for the SIL and daughter, at this point.

May 19, 2017 01:14PM IllinoisLady wrote:

I agree totally about staying on at the White House. If you don't know by now how it will all play out you must be a masochist to stay hooked into Trump for anything. I'm really discouraged with those who voted for that Orange traitor. Beholden to no one but himself and that leaves every single person around him a candidate for the underside of a bus. So far, he hasn't 'given' Flynn the toss toward that big yellow object. Maybe Flynn is his ACE to play at the last minute. The royal schmoozing is almost over-done -- Trump saying once Flynn is cleared he wants to re-hire him back at the WH. My first thought was whoa --- are you Trump, sure you are going to be there.

Found it interesting that announcing new FBI director was put off. I don't think Trump wanted to add anything else for hot and heavy discussion while he was gone. As is, he is do deep in the shit show and s**t it is a wonder he can blink his eyes. I'm sure she won't, but if I was Melania, I'd bail too.

May 19, 2017 02:30PM IllinoisLady wrote:

In addition to all the other woes:

Donald Trump Is a Job Killer He campaigned as an economic savior. So why is the president handing out pink slips? By Bryce Covert May 19, 2017

If there's any key to Donald Trump's electoral appeal, other than his sheer entertainment value, it's his pledge to be the biggest jobs president of all time. "I am going to bring your jobs back to America," he promised a Michigan crowd last October. "A Trump administration will stop the jobs from leaving America," he assured an audience in Florida the day before the election. "I will be the greatest jobs producer that God ever created," he boasted just before he was sworn in. All told, Trump has vowed to create an additional 25 million jobs within a decade.

Since taking office, however, Trump has done nothing concrete to put more Americans to work, beyond the deal he struck with air-conditioning giant Carrier to keep some 800 jobs from being outsourced to Mexico. Instead, he has moved in the exact opposite direction. On his third day in office, Trump instituted a hiring freeze across the federal government. And in April, declaring that there are "too many federal employees," Trump's budget director, Mick Mulvaney, told agency heads to "begin taking immediate actions" to reduce the government's workforce dramatically. So far, God's greatest jobs producer is starting out his term by destroying them.

It's more than a little dissonant to hear a president who paid such lip service to job creation kick off his administration by calling for people to be fired. But Trump's attack on the federal workforce makes complete sense, given the overarching political goal laid out by his strategist Steve Bannon: the "deconstruction of the administrative state." What's more, the workers who will be most affected by Trump's staffing cuts are women and minorities—constituencies that make up the base of the Democratic Party. Trump, in essence, doesn't see public-sector jobs as real jobs. If they're not held by white, blue-collar men in hard hats, working on factory floors or construction sites, they don't appear to count.

Trump's hiring freeze was intended to reduce the size of the federal workforce through attrition, and that's just what it has done. Since January, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the federal government has shed more than 8,400 jobs, in many cases due directly to the freeze. And while Trump lifted the freeze in April, federal agencies are now preparing to start firing employees and developing a long-term plan to slash the size of the federal government. "We think we could run the government more efficiently than the previous administration, and with fewer people," Mulvaney says. "This is a big part of draining the swamp."

The upcoming cuts will disproportionately hurt women and minorities, who have benefited from the government's commitment to fair practices in hiring and promotions. Roughly one in five black workers in America are currently employed by the government; they're 30 percent more likely than whites to hold such jobs. Women make up 60 percent of public-sector jobs, and black women make up more than 20 percent of the public-sector workforce, compared to less than 13 percent for white men. They also end up feeling the sharpest effects of layoffs: During the Great Recession, black workers, and especially black women, lost government jobs at a disproportionate rate.

Illustration by Dan Bejar

Trump's supporters, who are overwhelmingly white and male, are far more likely to hold jobs in the private sector. Manufacturing, one of his favorite industries, is nearly three-quarters male and 10 percent black. Construction is more than 90 percent male and less than 6 percent black. For Trump, it appears, these are the only jobs worth saving.

But even workers who wear hats that read MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN stand to lose out under Trump's plan to slash the federal government. As studies have repeatedly shown, fewer public servants means less consumer spending and lower tax revenues, which hurts the entire economy. Employing fewer teachers has been found to reduce children's future wages by billions of dollars. And gutting the federal workforce dampens job growth elsewhere: Between 2009 and 2012, one report shows, the failure to hire more government workers cost Americans some 500,000 jobs in the private sector.

It was never feasible that Trump would follow through on his pledge to resurrect American jobs all on his own. One-off deals like the one he struck with Carrier do nothing to alter the underlying forces of the U.S. economy. But Trump can single-handedly decimate employment among federal workers. Women and people of color who have found steady, middle-class jobs working for the American people are about to be handed a pink slip by the biggest jobs president of all time.

May 19, 2017 03:15PM ChiSandy wrote:

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

May 19, 2017 03:16PM - edited May 19, 2017 03:16PM by ErenTo

The most gracious President ever!

Trump Told Russians That Firing 'Nut Job' Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

WASHINGTON — President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved "great pressure" on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

"I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job," Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. "I faced great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off."

Mr. Trump added, "I'm not under investigation."

The conversation, during a May 10 meeting — the day after he fired Mr. Comey — reinforces the notion that Mr. Trump dismissed him primarily because of the bureau's investigation into possible collusion between his campaign and Russian operatives. Mr. Trump said as much in one televised interview, but the White House has offered changing justifications for the firing.

The White House document that contained Mr. Trump's comments was based on notes taken from inside the Oval Office and has been circulated as the official account of the meeting. One official read quotations to The Times, and a second official confirmed the broad outlines of the discussion.

Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, did not dispute the account.

In a statement, he said that Mr. Comey had put unnecessary pressure on the president's ability to conduct diplomacy with Russia on matters such as Syria, Ukraine and the Islamic State.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/politics/tru...

Survived an unexplained sudden cardiac arrest b/w surgery and chemo (while attending a chemo info session at the hospital). Code blue, CPR, induced coma, ICU, ICD. Escaped alive with heart and brain unscathed! Dx 12/8/2014, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 6/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 1/12/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Chemotherapy 3/20/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2015 Aromasin (exemestane), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone), Zoladex (goserelin) Radiation Therapy 8/4/2015 Breast, Lymph nodes

May 19, 2017 03:42PM WenchLori wrote:

HOLY SCHMOLY!! The firing of James Comey and refurring Comey as a "nut job" to the Russians?!?! I'm lost for words!

I'm loving all the memes and enjoying all the commentaries from everyone.

I feel bad for some of Trumpet's family, I wonder why they've dropped from view lately? Or am I just not paying close enough attention? I think Trumpet's children are a lot smarter than he is at least I hope so! Have they jumped ship? They must be so proud! They may be on FOX news but I don't and won't watch that channel. Poor Malania, how must she feel about being dragged into this huge muck bucket? I'm sure this isn't what she signed up for or does she know everything and still standing by her man? I'm happy to see they aren't taking Barron on this trip with them. He's such a handsome young man and I wish Malania would stop calling him "Little Donald" after his father. Barron is his own person even if he's only 10 years old. I know, she's a mom and she's standing by her man but Run! Malania! Run!

Sandy, I have a nephew who has Asperger Syndrome and he is an amazing computer genius. He has a way of talking to you without saying a word. I have no other way to explain it. He and I can sit for hours and chat very little but know what each other is thinking. I wish I could spend more time with him. Just being next to him makes me feel very alive.

I can't wait to see how deep Trumpet digs his grave deeper every day. He should reach China soon!

If I stop laughing, I'll start crying! Lori Dx 3/18/2016, IDC: Papillary, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/5/2016 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 8/4/2016 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 2/19/2017 External: Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 5/22/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole) Chemotherapy AC

May 19, 2017 03:56PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Sandy, the meme is great. I love the pee on Pence's shirt. Sure wish I could still do them ( memes ). Eren -- I have no words. So, the pressure is off and Trump is not under investigation. Really -- I wonder why he needs a lawyer then. I think he is still telling the great fairly tales he comes up with that he actually believes. And why did we need Mueller then ?? None of those people are as SANE as Trump -- how could they be??? Though I do not find it a laughing matter in any way, I will admit ( now I'm over the shock of the first reading ) I'll likely get some giggles when I think of some of Trump's interpretations. He is definitely a mental midget -- no offense to anyone.

May 19, 2017 03:58PM - edited May 19, 2017 04:47PM by ChiSandy

Is Dolt45 afraid that if he takes Barron on the trip, when they get to the Vatican Melania & Barron will defect to Italy? Next country over from Slovenia..

May 19, 2017 04:30PM SerenitySTAT wrote:

Ooh, is it the Kush? Intensity of probe accelerating... ThumbsUp

Russia probe reaches current White House official, people familiar with the case say

UThe law enforcement investigation into possible coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign has identified a current White House official as a significant person of interest, showing that the probe is reaching into the highest levels of government, according to people familiar with the matter.

The senior White House adviser under scrutiny by investigators is someone close to the president, according to these people, who would not further identify the official.

The revelation comes as the investigation also appears to be entering a more overtly active phase, with investigators shifting from work that has remained largely hidden from the public to conducting interviews and using a grand jury to issue subpoenas. The intensity of the probe is expected to accelerate in the coming weeks, the people said.

More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-secu...

May 19, 2017 04:41PM - edited May 19, 2017 04:42PM by SerenitySTAT

I would not want to be on AF1 right now.

Trump-Russia probe now includes possible cover-up, Congress is told

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein told the House of Representatives on Friday that the probe into Russian meddling in last year's U.S. presidential election now includes a look at whether there was an effort to hide what took place.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-governmen...

May 19, 2017 04:44PM SerenitySTAT wrote:

Need to post again.

May 19, 2017 04:50PM ChiSandy wrote:

Reports are that top WH staff not related to DT by blood or marriage are fearing for their jobs: the Idiot-in-Chief wants to surround himself with his old familiar loyalist yes-men like Lewandowski, Manafort, Page and even Flynn (with whom he’s still in constant contact).

May 19, 2017 05:58PM SerenitySTAT wrote:

May 19, 2017 05:59PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Dan Rather · 58 mins ·

I have to remember to take a breath. Bam. Bam. Bam. Blockbuster developments hit the news cycle in rapid succession on an administration that many fear has been severely compromised, even while we hope it is not. Bam. Bam. Bam.

My head spins. My heart sinks. I do not know what the next moment will bring - let alone the next hour, day, week or heaven forbid month.

The latest bombshells from the last few hours rise to the level of screaming headlines worthy of a Hollywood scri...pt. President Trump apparently telling Russian officials that firing the FBI Director relieved "great pressure" on him - courtesy of the New York Times.

And then an even bigger development. "White House adviser close to Trump is a person of interest in Russia probe." Bam! From the Washington Post.

Thank God for the free press. The pressure mounts. The fantastic becomes the unbelieveable. The unbelieveable becomes the believable. The believable becomes old news. All within a matter of hours.

I have never seen a story of this nature move so fast. It reminds of a forest fire devouring dry timber. But what is burning is the very structure of our democracy. My hope is that it is such a raging inferno that even the most cynical members of Mr. Trump's party cannot ignore the flames. We are well past wondering whether the smoke suggests a fire.

It seems to only take a day or two, or sometimes just a few hours to get people identified and I hope the same holds true for the WH official close to Trump that is in the news just now. Was listening to an MSNBC segment and one of the people talking sounded just like a Repug. Had all the answers about how Trump and the WH staffers should behave. It could work wonderfully if you didn't have to include the orange man with the phone who watches all the news and goes into fits of apoplexy with his phone by his side. Don't talk about all this stuff --- forget yesterday and make this a new day and focus on the things you need to get done and ya-da, ya-da, ya-da. I'm thinking -- you don't know Trump very well or you'd know how ridiculous you sound. The law unto himself will never stop watching the news ( and likely even with the negative things he gets to SEE himself ) and forget even mentioning the phone. Not going to happen. That is his life, even if it is a piss-poor one.

I watched as Trump and Melania came off the helicopter to get on AF1. Didn't care for what FOTUS had on. A very tight sheath dress -- the bottom a dark orange and it looked almost like leather fabric. The top of the sheath was white --- and looked a little lop-sided. Oh well - not my problem. I also noticed Trump jerked her over from where she was standing -- like he knows how these things are supposed to be. I'd have peed myself if she had of reared back and gave him a good five to the eye. All I can say is I guess she loves money. I would not degrade myself for that piece of overripe lard with Kentucky Fried Chicken roaming through his veins.

Page 775 of 901 (27,024 results)