We are 196,325 members in 81 forums discussing 144,696 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Growing Our Friendships After Treatment → Topic: I say YES..Part Deux..Continued,.for the StrangeDeadRockerGroup

Topic: I say YES..Part Deux..Continued,.for the StrangeDeadRockerGroup

Forum: Growing Our Friendships After Treatment —

For those who have met on Breastcancer.org and want to continue growing their cybersibling friendships beyond cancer.

Posted on: Jul 31, 2014 09:27AM

bluedahlia wrote:

Here we go.............

But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz.

Page 823 of 945 (28,336 results)

Posts 24661 - 24690 (28,336 total)

Jul 16, 2017 09:19PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Insurers: TrumpCare Provision 'Simply Unworkable'

Posted: 16 Jul 2017 08:44 AM PDT

Two organizations representing the U.S. health insurance industry just called a new provision of the Senate Republicans' health care proposal "simply unworkable in any form" and warned that it would cause major hardship, especially for middle-class people with serious medical problems. ... In a publicly posted letter to Senate leaders, the two groups focused their attention on an amendment that would undermine the Affordable Care Act's protections for people with pre-existing conditions. The amendment, crafted by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), would allow insurers to resume sales of policies that leave out key benefits, such as prescription drugs or mental health. More important, it would allow insurers to discriminate among customers based on medical status, charging higher premiums or denying policies altogether to people with existing medical problems ― from the severe, like cancer, to the relatively mild, like allergies.
Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 16, 2017 09:21PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Once a Dolt -- always a Dolt.

Trump Asked May to Make British People Nice to Him

Posted: 16 Jul 2017 05:59 AM PDT

Donald Trump reportedly told Theresa May he will not make a state visit to the UK until he is guaranteed a "better reception." The US President asked the Prime Minister to prepare a "warm welcome" before he agrees to set a date, it has been claimed. ... "I haven't had great coverage out there lately, Theresa," Trump told May, according to a transcript of the conversation seen by The Sun. ... "So, if you can fix it for me, it would make things a lot easier. "When I know I'm going to get a better reception, I'll come and not before."
Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 16, 2017 09:22PM IllinoisLady wrote:

48% Disapprove Strongly of Trump

Posted: 16 Jul 2017 05:49 AM PDT

President Trump's standing with the American people has deteriorated since the spring, buffeted by perceptions of a decline in U.S. leadership abroad, a stalled presidential agenda at home and an unpopular Republican health-care bill, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll. Approaching six months in office, Trump's overall approval rating has dropped to 36 percent from 42 percent in April. His disapproval rating has risen five points to 58 percent. Overall, 48 percent say they "disapprove strongly" of Trump's performance in office, a level never reached by former presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama and reached only in the second term of George W. Bush in Post-ABC polling

Jul 16, 2017 09:23PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Female Math Great Maryam Mirzakhani Dies

Posted: 15 Jul 2017 06:22 PM PDT

Maryam Mirzakhani, a Stanford University professor who became the only woman to receive the highest honor in mathematics, died Saturday after a long battle with cancer, the school said. She was 40. The Iran native thrived in the study of curved surfaces, such as doughnut shapes and amoebas, to a degree that other bright minds in the field dared not explore, her colleagues have said. In 2014, she became the first woman to receive the Fields Medal, the highest honor in mathematics and equivalent in reputation to a Nobel Prize. The International Mathematical Union established the award in 1936 and has presented it to at least two people every four years since 1950. All 52 recipients before Mirazkhani were men.

Jul 16, 2017 10:09PM Trill1943 wrote:

Good news---and every little bit helps....

From The Daily Kos:

Democrats just flipped two more seats from red to blue in special elections this week in dark red Oklahoma.

That's not a typo: Democrats are winning in OKLAHOMA.

Last November, Democrats lost these seats with 40 and 42 percent of the vote. This week, they won them with 52 and 55 percent of the vote. The next special election is coming up fast: There a special election for state Senate in New Hampshire on July 25, and winning it could put Democrats on the path to the state Senate majority in 2018.

Dx 10/31/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/14/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Jul 16, 2017 10:12PM Trill1943 wrote:

Dx 10/31/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/14/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Jul 16, 2017 10:37PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Trill -- great pic and words from a fine President unlike his successor who is one big orange dud.

Oscar-winning actor Martin Landau dies at 89

Sunday, July 16, 2017, 8:18 PM CDT

A publicist for Martin Landau says the Oscar-winning actor and star of the "Mission: Impossible" TV series has died.

Dick Guttman said Landau died Saturday of unexpected complications during a short stay at UCLA Medical Center. He had just celebrated his 89th birthday.

Read the latest

Jul 17, 2017 08:31AM ruthbru wrote:

Russian journalists who died under mysterious circumstances after questioning the government of Vladimir Putin.........

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 17, 2017 08:35AM ruthbru wrote:

Here is something to share with your friends:

https://www.acscan.org/news/senate-health-care-bill-could-harm-cancer-patients-and-survivors
"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 17, 2017 08:40AM ruthbru wrote:

A class act:

https://www.facebook.com/NTDNews/videos/1497629003...

Jul 17, 2017 11:21AM - edited Jul 17, 2017 11:25AM by SelenaWolf

Now HERE's a way to look at Jay Sekulow's ignorance on Secret Service protocols (From the "Business Insider")... And, no, I don't buy that DT didn't know about the meeting. If there was dirt to be had on HC, DT would have not only known about the meeting, he probably would have been there with bells on.

President Donald Trump's lawyer told ABC News on Sunday morning that Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting last June with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya and Russian-American lobbyist Rinat Akhmetshin was innocent because if it weren't, the Secret Service would not have "allowed these people in."

"I wonder why the Secret Service — if this was nefarious — why the Secret Service allowed these people in?" Sekulow told ABC News' Jon Karl. "The president had Secret Service protection at that point, and that raised a question with me."

It is unclear why Sekulow seemed to assume the Secret Service vetted people Trump Jr. met with. The Secret Service confirmed on Sunday that Trump Jr. was not under its protection on June 9, 2016, and said it "would not have screened anyone he was meeting with at that time." Trump's campaign chairman at the time, Paul Manafort, and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, were not under Secret Service protection at that point either, as Think Progress noted on Sunday.

The Secret Service would not have had to do a background check on the attendees beforehand — only a physical screening — since Trump was just a candidate at the time, former Secret Service agent Jonathan Wackrow told CNN on Sunday.

Indeed, Akhmetshin told Yahoo that "no one asked us for ID's" when he and Veselnitskaya entered Trump Tower. "We literally walked in," he said. He told The Washington Post in an earlier interview that Veselnitskaya invited him to the meeting only on the day it took place.

Sekulow's comments about the Secret Service garnered widespread attention, raising questions about whether Trump himself was present at the meeting he said he learned about only last week. Trump Jr. on Tuesday released emails indicating he was offered dirt on Hillary Clinton by someone described as a "Russian government attorney" who wanted to meet with him to discuss it further. Trump Jr. agreed to the meeting, replying, "I love it."

According to media reports from that time, Trump was at Trump Tower at 4 p.m. while the meeting was taking place in his son's office. The only public event the then-candidate attended that day was a fund-raising lunch for the Trump Victory Fund, CNN reported, and he was back at Trump Tower by 1 p.m.

Akhmetshin, a Russian-born lobbyist who since at least last year has been working with the lawyer, Veselnitskaya, to try to overturn a US law sanctioning Russians, confirmed his participation in the meeting to the Associated Press on Friday. He said that Trump Jr. asked Veselnitskaya for information on illicit money flowing into the Democratic National Committee but that Veselnitskaya had nothing substantive to provide.

In a later interview with Yahoo, however, Akhmetshin said Veselnitskaya left documents with Trump Jr. at his office. Akhmetshin said he thought the documents related to the alleged money flow but he couldn't be sure because he "didn't prepare the document."

Trump with his eldest son, Donald Trump Jr. Saul Loeb-Pool/Getty Images

The meeting lasted "15 to 20 minutes," according to Sekulow. Trump Jr. had said it lasted about half an hour. Either way, at 4:40, roughly 40 minutes after the meeting began, Trump began tweeting about Clinton's emails.

"Where are your 33,000 emails that you deleted?" Trump tweeted in response to a quip from Clinton.

Trump and his surrogates have insisted the president did not learn of the meeting until last week. But his legal team knew about it at least three weeks ago, according to Yahoo, when Jared Kushner's lawyers informed them of the email chain. The chain, which was forwarded to Kushner, prompted him to amend his security-clearance form — for the second time — on June 21.

Trump Jr. has said the meeting was inconsequential and a waste of time. But Sekulow's comment about the Secret Service, and Trump's reported presence at Trump Tower while the meeting was taking place, raise questions about how plausible it is that his son, campaign manager, son-in-law, and Secret Service detail (if they were made aware of the rendezvous) never told him about it or that he did not attend.

That is especially true given Trump's hands-on approach to all aspects of his business empire, biographer Tim O'Brien has noted. According to a former business associate, Jody Kriss, "Donald [Sr.] was always in charge."

"Donald had to agree to every term of every deal and had to sign off on everything," Kriss, who worked with the real-estate company Bayrock before leaving because he was convinced it was a money-laundering front, told O'Brien last month. "Nothing happened unless he said it was OK to do it. Even if Donald Jr. shook your hand on a deal, he came back downstairs to renegotiate if his father told him to."

"... good girls never made history ..."

Jul 17, 2017 11:48AM QuinnCat wrote:

Selena - they just throw excuses at the wall and hope they stick. Just saw the SS statement on "we were not protecting Don Jr in June 2016. We don't Vet guests - that would be Intelligence. We protect the POTUS candidate only for physical safety." Paraphrased.

What they will look like when they all get out of jail...and Trump:

The Putin / Journalist picture is chilling Ruthbru.

Jul 17, 2017 02:41PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Greatness is not found in possessions, power, position, or prestige. It is discovered in goodness, humility, service & character. -W Ward

Jul 17, 2017 02:50PM IllinoisLady wrote:

I think the last meme says it all. THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE and as far as I know they have always been --- through a father and grandfather who have always been. Sekulow knows lawyerly wordplay well but apparently he seems ( or maybe gets overridden ) unable to do modest checking to back up what he says and that just makes me feel he is as worthless as his client and family who aren't worth the powder and lead to blow them to kingdom come.

Jul 17, 2017 03:06PM IllinoisLady wrote:

http://bit.ly/2tyu2O9 This will describe how bankrupt morally the Republicans for the most part have become. If I didn't know better --- I'd think they were all related to Trump for sure.

Jul 17, 2017 03:33PM ruthbru wrote:

Yea, well, I am going to try the "ignorance is bliss" defense next time I get a speeding ticket and we'll see how far that gets me.....

Jul 17, 2017 04:34PM - edited Jul 17, 2017 04:38PM by IllinoisLady

Just now read this:

Monday, Jul 17, 2017 10:12 AM CDT

Donald Trump will have to turn over Mar-a-Lago visitor logs The public will soon get to see who Trump has been meeting at his Mar-a-Lago resort

President Donald Trump's meetings at his swanky Mar-a-Lago golf club in Florida are official government business and as such, the club's records of who attended them must be turned over to the public, a judge has ruled.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, a left-leaning watchdog group, announced on Monday that it had won a lawsuit to compel the Department of Homeland Security to provide the visitor logs. Under court order, the records must be turned over to the group by Sept. 8. In a press release, CREW said that it would provide them to the public after receiving them.

"The public deserves to know who is coming to meet with the president and his staff," CREW Executive Director Noah Bookbinder said. "We are glad that as a result of this case, this information will become public for meetings at his his personal residences."

The group was joined in its lawsuit by the National Security Archive (NSA) and the Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University.

It's one step towards transparency for the Trump administration, which has refused to release even its White House visitor logs. For that, the White house cited national security reasons, saying the logs "were being withheld because of 'the grave national security risks and privacy concerns of the hundreds of thousands of visitors annually,'" according to the New York Times.

This was the second presidential visitor log case that CREW has won. In 2009, it successfully sued the former administration of Barack Obama for access to White House meeting records. The group said it will sue to get the Trump administration to release records of White House visitors as well.

Jul 17, 2017 07:16PM SerenitySTAT wrote:

ThumbsUp

"Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) 🐶☕️🛀🖼🥐🌲🎭 Dx 11/2015 IDC Left IIIC 10/11 nodes ER+PR+HER2-, 12/2015 Left Mast, 2/2016 4 AC+12 Taxol, 9/2016 Rads Nodes Chest wall 15+4 boosts, 10/2016 Tamox

Jul 17, 2017 07:27PM ChiSandy wrote:

And when Sean Spicer was asked today why none of the Trump-branded items are USA-made or whether that will change, he responded “it wouldn’t be appropriate to discuss Trump family products.”

How does he sleep?

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/22/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/1/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Jul 17, 2017 07:29PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Sean Spicer should do himself a favor and get the he** out before the stupid totally engulfs him in a big orange glow.

Jul 17, 2017 08:59PM IllinoisLady wrote:

GOP Sens. Mike Lee and Jerry Moran said on Monday evening they won't vote to advance the Senate's Obamacare repeal bill, killing the bill in its current form. The vote has been indefinitely delayed following a surgery on Sen. John McCain.

Read more here.

Jul 17, 2017 09:40PM DivineMrsM wrote:

found lump 12/22/10~er+/pr+/her2- stage iv bone mets~chemo~lumpectomy~ radiation~arimidex~

Jul 17, 2017 11:32PM SerenitySTAT wrote:

"Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) 🐶☕️🛀🖼🥐🌲🎭 Dx 11/2015 IDC Left IIIC 10/11 nodes ER+PR+HER2-, 12/2015 Left Mast, 2/2016 4 AC+12 Taxol, 9/2016 Rads Nodes Chest wall 15+4 boosts, 10/2016 Tamox

Jul 17, 2017 11:38PM ruthbru wrote:

Jul 18, 2017 05:20AM Trill1943 wrote:

Ruth--- I always KNEW there was someone who reminded me of Jared Kushner....besides Jared Kushner....

Jul 18, 2017 09:15AM ruthbru wrote:

Mexico Announces Completion Of Transparent Border Wall

Hot on the heels of President Trump's innovation to make his wall transparent – so people will not be struck without warning by bags of drugs thrown from the other side – Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto has proudly announced that he has not only stolen Trump's brilliant idea for an invisible border wall but has already constructed one.

"I am proud to announce the completion of our border wall stretching from Tijuana on the Pacific coast all the way to the Gulf of Mexico."

Peña Nieto said he decided to build a border wall to keep out U.S. militia like the Oath Keepers and made it transparent so his fellow Mexicans could continue to enjoy the spectacle of hard-bellied middle-aged Americans playing dress-up to mask their personal inadequacies.

"It is most entertaining and we would hate to lose it."

Construction of the wall was completed in record time and Mexican architects give full credit to Trump for his crucial insight.

"After he came up with the idea to make it invisible everything fell into place and we thought if he wants to make us pay for it anyway why not just build it ourselves."

Once the design was presented to the Mexican President, he was happy to pay all the material and labor costs involved to prove Mexico could do something Trump has so far only managed to talk about.

"We invite all Americans to come to the border and not see this modern engineering marvel for themselves."

Jul 18, 2017 10:53AM crazy4carrots wrote:

SillyHeart

ThumbsUp

I think we'll have to get Justin to build a similar one along the 49th parallel!

The demagogue preaches doctrine he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots. Dx 1/10/2008, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 18, 2017 11:24AM - edited Jul 18, 2017 11:28AM by SelenaWolf

O.M.G.... TOO FUNNY!!!!! Kudos to Mexico for trying to see the humour in it.

Crazy4carrots... especially NOW that I hear Breitbart News has got ahold of the Kadr restitution settlement news and is, of course, effing it all up to appeal to right wing crazies and FauxNews.

"... good girls never made history ..."

Jul 18, 2017 11:31AM ruthbru wrote:

Just sent this off to my Republican Senator:

I hope and pray that you will not vote to repeal the Affordable Care Act without a replacement bill. As I am sure you know, according the Congressional Budget Office's report in January, 18 million people would lose health insurance coverage, and premiums would rise by 20 to 25 percent within the first year after repeal, and by 2026, the number of uninsured would climb to 32 million, and premiums would double. Also according to the report, "Eliminating the mandate penalties and the subsidies while retaining the market reforms would destabilize the nongroup market, and the effect would worsen over time." With the projection of 32 million fewer people insured in 2026: about 23 million fewer people would have coverage in the individual insurance market and 19 million fewer people would have Medicaid coverage; millions of people would be hurt, and some of them will DIE if this happens. Besides the human cost, estimates say that this move will actually INCREASE the federal budget deficient by 137 billion dollars. Not a smart move in any way. Please say no to this reckless move and be a leader in a movement to solve this problem in a bipartisan manner.

Jul 18, 2017 11:34AM - edited Jul 18, 2017 11:39AM by QuinnCat

"Donald Trump will have to turn over Mar-a-Lago visitor logs The public will soon get to see who Trump has been meeting at his Mar-a-Lago resort"

I will forever remember these two separate stories and want someone to connect! Rachel Maddow reported on the Russian "Fertilizer King" 's (another billionaire Russian Oligarch friend of Putin) airplane tagging Donald Trump's airplane, at least 4 times during campaign 2016. In two airports, they were parked next to each other at two different North Carolina small town airports and at one Las Vegas Trump campaign event, the fertilizer king flew in to Las Vegas the same day. After becoming POTUS, during Trump's first visit to Mar-a-lago, the Fertilizer King's plane was spotted in Miami the same weekend, coming in from the South of France.

The following Monday, after that Miami coincidence (though Rachel had yet to mention the plane tagging story as still being researched and verified), AM Joy Reid had a guest on (I could never find her name after realizing the connection between stories) talking about Mar-a-lago and mentioned an unnamed Russian visiting Mar-a-lago the same weekend as the Fertilizer King plane in Miami. Joy Reid quickly shut her down and said "that story is still being confirmed." Was it the Fertilizer King? Was this how Trump communicated with Putin?

Russian Plane tagging Trump

Page 823 of 945 (28,336 results)