We are 207,301 members in 81 forums discussing 149,481 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Growing Our Friendships After Treatment → Topic: I say YES..Part Deux..Continued,.for the StrangeDeadRockerGroup

Topic: I say YES..Part Deux..Continued,.for the StrangeDeadRockerGroup

Forum: Growing Our Friendships After Treatment —

For those who have met on Breastcancer.org and want to continue growing their cybersibling friendships beyond cancer.

Posted on: Jul 31, 2014 09:27AM

bluedahlia wrote:

Here we go.............

But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz.

Page 823 of 1,096 (32,861 results)

Posts 24661 - 24690 (32,861 total)

Jul 17, 2017 03:33PM ruthbru wrote:

Yea, well, I am going to try the "ignorance is bliss" defense next time I get a speeding ticket and we'll see how far that gets me.....

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 17, 2017 04:34PM - edited Jul 17, 2017 04:38PM by IllinoisLady

Just now read this:

Monday, Jul 17, 2017 10:12 AM CDT

Donald Trump will have to turn over Mar-a-Lago visitor logs The public will soon get to see who Trump has been meeting at his Mar-a-Lago resort

President Donald Trump's meetings at his swanky Mar-a-Lago golf club in Florida are official government business and as such, the club's records of who attended them must be turned over to the public, a judge has ruled.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, a left-leaning watchdog group, announced on Monday that it had won a lawsuit to compel the Department of Homeland Security to provide the visitor logs. Under court order, the records must be turned over to the group by Sept. 8. In a press release, CREW said that it would provide them to the public after receiving them.

"The public deserves to know who is coming to meet with the president and his staff," CREW Executive Director Noah Bookbinder said. "We are glad that as a result of this case, this information will become public for meetings at his his personal residences."

The group was joined in its lawsuit by the National Security Archive (NSA) and the Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University.

It's one step towards transparency for the Trump administration, which has refused to release even its White House visitor logs. For that, the White house cited national security reasons, saying the logs "were being withheld because of 'the grave national security risks and privacy concerns of the hundreds of thousands of visitors annually,'" according to the New York Times.

This was the second presidential visitor log case that CREW has won. In 2009, it successfully sued the former administration of Barack Obama for access to White House meeting records. The group said it will sue to get the Trump administration to release records of White House visitors as well.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 17, 2017 07:16PM SerenitySTAT wrote:

ThumbsUp

"Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) 🐶☕️🛀🖼🥐🌲🎭 Dx 11/2015 IDC Left IIIC 10/11 nodes ER+PR+HER2-, 12/2015 Left Mast, 2/2016 4 AC+12 Taxol, 9/2016 Rads Nodes Chest wall 15+4 boosts, 10/2016 Tamox

Jul 17, 2017 07:27PM ChiSandy wrote:

And when Sean Spicer was asked today why none of the Trump-branded items are USA-made or whether that will change, he responded “it wouldn’t be appropriate to discuss Trump family products.”

How does he sleep?

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Jul 17, 2017 07:29PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Sean Spicer should do himself a favor and get the he** out before the stupid totally engulfs him in a big orange glow.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 17, 2017 08:59PM IllinoisLady wrote:

GOP Sens. Mike Lee and Jerry Moran said on Monday evening they won't vote to advance the Senate's Obamacare repeal bill, killing the bill in its current form. The vote has been indefinitely delayed following a surgery on Sen. John McCain.

Read more here.

Jul 17, 2017 09:40PM DivineMrsM wrote:

found lump 12/22/10~er+/pr+/her2- stage iv bone mets~chemo~lumpectomy~radiation~arimidex~ "The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places."

Jul 17, 2017 11:32PM SerenitySTAT wrote:

"Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) 🐶☕️🛀🖼🥐🌲🎭 Dx 11/2015 IDC Left IIIC 10/11 nodes ER+PR+HER2-, 12/2015 Left Mast, 2/2016 4 AC+12 Taxol, 9/2016 Rads Nodes Chest wall 15+4 boosts, 10/2016 Tamox

Jul 17, 2017 11:38PM ruthbru wrote:

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 18, 2017 05:20AM Trill1943 wrote:

Ruth--- I always KNEW there was someone who reminded me of Jared Kushner....besides Jared Kushner....

Dx 10/31/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/14/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Jul 18, 2017 09:15AM ruthbru wrote:

Mexico Announces Completion Of Transparent Border Wall

Hot on the heels of President Trump's innovation to make his wall transparent – so people will not be struck without warning by bags of drugs thrown from the other side – Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto has proudly announced that he has not only stolen Trump's brilliant idea for an invisible border wall but has already constructed one.

"I am proud to announce the completion of our border wall stretching from Tijuana on the Pacific coast all the way to the Gulf of Mexico."

Peña Nieto said he decided to build a border wall to keep out U.S. militia like the Oath Keepers and made it transparent so his fellow Mexicans could continue to enjoy the spectacle of hard-bellied middle-aged Americans playing dress-up to mask their personal inadequacies.

"It is most entertaining and we would hate to lose it."

Construction of the wall was completed in record time and Mexican architects give full credit to Trump for his crucial insight.

"After he came up with the idea to make it invisible everything fell into place and we thought if he wants to make us pay for it anyway why not just build it ourselves."

Once the design was presented to the Mexican President, he was happy to pay all the material and labor costs involved to prove Mexico could do something Trump has so far only managed to talk about.

"We invite all Americans to come to the border and not see this modern engineering marvel for themselves."

Jul 18, 2017 10:53AM crazy4carrots wrote:

SillyHeart

ThumbsUp

I think we'll have to get Justin to build a similar one along the 49th parallel!

The demagogue preaches doctrine he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots. Dx 1/10/2008, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 18, 2017 11:24AM - edited Jul 18, 2017 11:28AM by SelenaWolf

O.M.G.... TOO FUNNY!!!!! Kudos to Mexico for trying to see the humour in it.

Crazy4carrots... especially NOW that I hear Breitbart News has got ahold of the Kadr restitution settlement news and is, of course, effing it all up to appeal to right wing crazies and FauxNews.

"... good girls never made history ..."

Jul 18, 2017 11:31AM ruthbru wrote:

Just sent this off to my Republican Senator:

I hope and pray that you will not vote to repeal the Affordable Care Act without a replacement bill. As I am sure you know, according the Congressional Budget Office's report in January, 18 million people would lose health insurance coverage, and premiums would rise by 20 to 25 percent within the first year after repeal, and by 2026, the number of uninsured would climb to 32 million, and premiums would double. Also according to the report, "Eliminating the mandate penalties and the subsidies while retaining the market reforms would destabilize the nongroup market, and the effect would worsen over time." With the projection of 32 million fewer people insured in 2026: about 23 million fewer people would have coverage in the individual insurance market and 19 million fewer people would have Medicaid coverage; millions of people would be hurt, and some of them will DIE if this happens. Besides the human cost, estimates say that this move will actually INCREASE the federal budget deficient by 137 billion dollars. Not a smart move in any way. Please say no to this reckless move and be a leader in a movement to solve this problem in a bipartisan manner.

Jul 18, 2017 11:34AM - edited Jul 18, 2017 11:39AM by QuinnCat

"Donald Trump will have to turn over Mar-a-Lago visitor logs The public will soon get to see who Trump has been meeting at his Mar-a-Lago resort"

I will forever remember these two separate stories and want someone to connect! Rachel Maddow reported on the Russian "Fertilizer King" 's (another billionaire Russian Oligarch friend of Putin) airplane tagging Donald Trump's airplane, at least 4 times during campaign 2016. In two airports, they were parked next to each other at two different North Carolina small town airports and at one Las Vegas Trump campaign event, the fertilizer king flew in to Las Vegas the same day. After becoming POTUS, during Trump's first visit to Mar-a-lago, the Fertilizer King's plane was spotted in Miami the same weekend, coming in from the South of France.

The following Monday, after that Miami coincidence (though Rachel had yet to mention the plane tagging story as still being researched and verified), AM Joy Reid had a guest on (I could never find her name after realizing the connection between stories) talking about Mar-a-lago and mentioned an unnamed Russian visiting Mar-a-lago the same weekend as the Fertilizer King plane in Miami. Joy Reid quickly shut her down and said "that story is still being confirmed." Was it the Fertilizer King? Was this how Trump communicated with Putin?

Russian Plane tagging Trump

Jul 18, 2017 12:52PM IllinoisLady wrote:

"Don't let people pull you into their storm. Pull them into your peace."

-- Kimberly Jones

Jul 18, 2017 01:15PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Image may contain: 1 person

Jul 18, 2017 04:23PM SelenaWolf wrote:

From "Vanity Fair" - Trump has not fulfilled his promise to donate his presidential salary? REALLY?????

Is Donald Trump Actually Donating His Presidential Salary?

He won't show the public any paperwork that says so.

U.S. President Donald Trump, right, arrives with U.S. Vice President Mike Pence to a discussion on health care in the Roosevelt Room of the White House in Washington, D.C. U.S., on Friday, March 10, 2017. Despite opposition from some conservatives, Trump on Friday predicted fairly rapid approval of a replacement to President Obama's health care law. Photographer: Olivier Douliery/Pool via Bloomberg

The wording of the Constitution is clear: Article 2, Section 1, Clause 7, also known as the Compensation Clause, dictates that the president must receive a fixed salary during his time in office, which cannot be changed, eliminated, or refused during the duration of his presidency. The purpose of the clause, wrote Alexander Hamilton in Federalist No. 73, is to ensure the president's financial independence from outside forces. "They can neither weaken his fortitude by operating on his necessities, nor corrupt his integrity by appealing to his avarice," he wrote.

Donald Trump, of course, has other income sources. The president retains his financial stake in the Trump Organization and, while he has handed operations over to his two adult sons, continues to profit from their business dealings all around the world. When his private Palm Beach club, Mar-a-Lago, raised its initiation fee to $200,000 in the wake of his election, that money went into Trump's pocket—just as it does every time that tourists and lobbyists alike book rooms at the newly opened Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. He also has a long history of making public displays of donating said profits, though the evidence of his professed charity has never been as obvious.

So it came as no surprise when Trump declared that he would refuse his $400,000 yearly salary as president. (Upon learning that he was constitutionally required to accept the money, he amended his statement, saying via a spokeswoman that he would accept $1 and either give the rest back to the U.S. Treasury or donate it to charity.)

Nor does it come as a surprise now, in the wake of Trump's first pay cycle as president, that MSNBC reports there is no evidence that Trump has fulfilled his promise. With his second monthly check set to arrive any day, neither the White House, the Treasury Department, nor the Office of Personnel Management, were able to furnish any details or documentation as to where Trump's first $33,333 monthly paycheck had gone, nor where his next paycheck would go. (On Monday afternoon, White House press secretary Sean Spicer told reporters that the president would donate his salary at the end of the year "and he's asked that you all determine where it goes.")

It would not be the first time that the Trump administration has declined to offer any details of the president's finances. Trump's tax returns, which he promised on the campaign trail to eventually release, will not be forthcoming, according to aides. And the White House has yet to provide any evidence of what the Trump Organization is doing with the money it receives from foreign governments and dignitaries at its hotels—payments that could be in violation of the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution. A lawyer for Trump previously argued that such payments should be exempt from the rule, since such revenues would represent a "fair value exchange," not a gift or emolument.

Trump promised to donate any proceeds to the Treasury Department anyway. "The plan was released by Trump's private law firm, Morgan Lewis," MSNBC notes, "but no system or accounting has been released for how or when such donations will be processed or disclosed." Perhaps, like he did before when accepting money meant for charity, Trump is saving up to buy more $20,000 portraits of himself.

This article has been updated.

Jul 18, 2017 04:24PM SelenaWolf wrote:

No... wait, he did donate something, but the amount is laughable...

President Trump Donated $78K to the National Park Service. But That's Just a Fraction of What He Wants to Cut Jennifer CalfasApr 04, 2017

President Donald Trump donated his first quarter salary to the National Park Service on Monday, fulfilling his campaign promise to give away the money he earns while in the Oval Office.

But his $78,333.32 gift makes up just a small fraction of what the Interior Department would lose if Trump's budget proposal were approved.

The President's proposed budget would cut about $1.5 billion from the budget for the Department of Interior, which operates the National Park Service and other agencies.

The budget proposal does not disclose how much of the Interior Department's cuts would affect the National Park Service itself, which had a $3.1 billion budget for fiscal year 2017.

Trump's donation will fund the National Park Service's battlefield preservation efforts, a program that is currently $229 million behind in deferred costs.

While the President's donation won't make a large dent in that shortfall, officials from the Interior Department and National Park Service said they are thankful for Trump's gift.

"As a veteran myself, I am thrilled at the President's decision to donate the check he did today," Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke said.

The National Park Service manages the American Battlefield Protection Program, which is dedicated to protecting and preserving 25 historic battlefield sites around the country. The National Park Service budgeted $10 million in grants for the program in 2017.

Trump makes $400,000 per year as President, and has promised to donate his entire salary while leading the country.

Conservation activists and environmentalists criticized Trump's donation, calling it a "publicity stunt" in light of the substantial cuts he has proposed to the Interior Department.

"If Donald Trump is actually interested in helping our parks, he should stop trying to slash their budgets to historically low levels," said Michael Brune, executive director of the Sierra Club, in a statement. "This publicity stunt is a sad consolation prize as Trump tries to stifle America's best idea."

Representatives for the National Park Service and the White House did not respond to a request for comment.

Jul 18, 2017 04:27PM SelenaWolf wrote:

According to "Market Watch"... no bigly surprise that DT refuses to be held accountable for the UTTER FAILURE OF REPEAL AND REPLACE ON DAY 1... Doorknob.

Trump Today: President says he won't 'own' Obamacare failure By Steve Goldstein

Published: July 18, 2017 4:20 p.m. ET

By

SteveGoldstein D.C. bureau chief

In the wake of the collapse of efforts of Senate Republicans to offer a replacement to the Affordable Care Act, President Donald Trump on Tuesday said he wouldn't "own" the failure of Obamacare.

'DISAPPOINTED' AT THE SENATE

Trump was clearly upset by the news that Republican Sens. Mike Lee and Jerry Moran on Monday night both said they wouldn't support a motion to proceed on the Better Care Reconciliation Act, which brought to four the number of GOP senators who wouldn't support the health legislation.

Saying he was "disappointed," Trump said the pair were not "disloyal" but "had their own reasons."

Reuters

President Donald Trump speaks about health care during a meeting with service members at the White House.

Alongside Vice President Mike Pence, National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster and Colonel Joseph Wawrohis, Trump told reporters his plan was now "to let Obamacare fail, it will be a lot easier. And I think we're probably in that position where we'll let Obamacare fail. We're not going to own it. I'm not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it. We'll let Obamacare fail and then the Democrats are going to come to us."

Trump had tweeted similar messages before.

Trump wasn't giving up on the rest of his agenda.

"We're going to win on taxes, we're going to win on infrastructure and lots of other things that we're doing."

He talked about "wins" on the border and against ISIS before again going back to complaining about Obamacare's impact on premiums.

Jul 18, 2017 05:29PM - edited Jul 18, 2017 05:30PM by bluedahlia

A little break from the "conman" and his criminal behaviour.

Anyone watch Game of Thrones? I found the following quite interesting....not to mention he's HOT!

Kit Harington was born Christopher Catesby Harington in Acton, London, to Deborah Jane (Catesby), a former playwright, and David Richard Harington, a businessman. His mother named him after 16th century British playwright and poet Christopher Marlowe, whose first name was shortened to Kit, a name Harington prefers. Harington's uncle is Sir Nicholas John Harington, the 14th Baronet Harington, and his paternal great-grandfather was Sir Richard Harington, the 12th Baronet Harington. Through his paternal grandmother, Lavender Cecilia Denny, Kit's eight times great-grandfather was King Charles II of England. Also through his father, Harington descends from politician Henry Dundas, 1st Viscount Melville, the bacon merchant T. A. Denny, clergyman Baptist Wriothesley Noel, merchant and politician Peter Baillie, peer William Legge, 4th Earl of Dartmouth, and MP Sir William Molesworth, 6th Baronet.

But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz.

Jul 18, 2017 05:41PM SerenitySTAT wrote:

I'm watching Game of Thrones! Love Jon Snow!

Another campaign rally scheduled! Papa and Junior need $$ for more lawyers. Mueller is coming for House Trump!

Jul 18, 2017 06:21PM QuinnCat wrote:

President Trump held a second, informal talk with Russian President Vladimir Putin on the sidelines of the Group of 20 (G-20) summit in Hamburg, Germany, earlier this month, according to Tuesday reports. The White House confirmed with CNN, Reuters and NBC News that the meeting took place during the G-20 heads of state dinner, hours after Trump's formal bilateral sit-down with Putin. In that conversation, Trump spoke with the Russian leader for roughly an hour, joined only by Putin's translator. The meeting had previously gone without mention by the White House.

Yes, ^^ that is a link.

I'm really over the edge with this Russia Trump stuff. I feel like Putin has a firm grip on our country right now. What will it take for this GOP house to stop this madness? Does our Constitution no longer work. I'm really stressed out today and this is the icing on the cake.

Jul 18, 2017 06:21PM - edited Jul 18, 2017 06:24PM by IllinoisLady

Hmm, I find that pretty rich that Trump doesn't own Obamacare. Would that be the same Obamacare that he and the Republicans have taken and tried to beat down with everything they have in them. Well, I think there are many, many people who will not be buying any argument about who NOW owns what Republicans clearly messed with from day 1 and made it ( along with Orangeman ) clear that it was the whole intention. You took it on, screwed it up and now wish to give it back. The idiocy is appalling but expected.

Jul 18, 2017 06:43PM Trill1943 wrote:

Just heard DT say he's not gonna own the repeal and replace failure--and neither are the Republicans. WTFH? They have the majority and presidency--and they STILL can't own it????? What the hell??? Do they accept responsibility for ANYthing?

And the Marx Brothers are cabling from heaven, saying that they own the rights to "the overbooked stateroom idea, which extends to ALL rooms," once they heard that yet another ANOTHER Russian was in that TT room....

One thing you can say for Trump Tower: it's rooms are, well, roomy....

Dx 10/31/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/14/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Jul 18, 2017 09:08PM Rockym wrote:

Just when I'm about to make ends meet, someone moves the ends. Dx 6/13/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 2/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 18, 2017 09:54PM ruthbru wrote:

Perfect!

Jul 18, 2017 10:29PM IllinoisLady wrote:

And so much for Orange Dolt who will see that everyone wins so much that it becomes SOOOO hard to bear.

Nothing is Ever Trump's Fault

Posted: 18 Jul 2017 04:51 PM PDT

David A. Graham: It's a typically hot and sticky July in Washington, but in some ways it feels just like late March all over again. A health-care bill backed by President Trump has collapsed in dramatic fashion, and Trump knows just who to blame: anyone but himself. The latest failures, first of a Senate Republican bill to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act and then the expected defeat of a subsequent, last-ditch effort to simply repeal the law and worry about a replacement later on, offer a vivid picture of Trump's leadership style, his strategic and tactical missteps, and why he can't seem to push any of his priorities through in Washington, despite holding majorities in both the House and Senate.

Jul 18, 2017 10:32PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Ukraine Eager to Join NATO by 2020

Posted: 18 Jul 2017 11:30 AM PDT

Ukraine is keen to start its NATO application process despite Russia's ongoing aggression in the east of the country. "Today it has been emphasized that we should start a discussion about establishing a membership action plan and our proposals ... were accepted with understanding", Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko told press after meeting NATO head Jens Stoltenberg in Kiev on Monday. "We have a clear-cut time table as to what we have to do by the year 2020 in order to meet the membership criteria," he added. He said recent polls showed more than 60 percent of Ukrainians wanted to join the Western alliance. Stoltenberg said Russia would not be able to stop Ukraine's membership. "Whether Ukraine is going to become a member of NATO or not is for the allies and Ukraine to decide, no one else has the right to try to veto such a process", he said.

Jul 18, 2017 11:33PM ChiSandy wrote:

Don’t watch Rachel tonight—the last 20 minutes will scare and depress the crap out of you.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Page 823 of 1,096 (32,861 results)