We are 194,806 members in 81 forums discussing 144,032 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Growing Our Friendships After Treatment → Topic: I say YES..Part Deux..Continued,.for the StrangeDeadRockerGroup

Topic: I say YES..Part Deux..Continued,.for the StrangeDeadRockerGroup

Forum: Growing Our Friendships After Treatment —

For those who have met on Breastcancer.org and want to continue growing their cybersibling friendships beyond cancer.

Posted on: Jul 31, 2014 08:27AM

bluedahlia wrote:

Here we go.............

But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz.

Page 918 of 926 (27,767 results)

Posts 27511 - 27540 (27,767 total)

Oct 11, 2017 10:06AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Sigh !!!! The WH is full or morons and too many of those same people are ( along with the head moron ) are very busy disassembling all the good that was done by Pres. Obama. There was a piece which I will go back and get ( on the chance some didn't see it ) last night from Drudge R. I'm amazed at some of the news -- like Moron wanting 10 times the nuclear arsenal.

MJ was good this a.m. Not always sure if my take is close enough but the way they were talking it seemed as though if things keep heading the way they are at the moment -- the Dems will come out of 2018 in good shape. I hope we don't have to wait quite that long to douse Trump.

Trill --- you are so right. About the voting machines and I think you may have mentioned it as well Sandy. People have walked around the edges all along, but won't 'own' up to the reality. We have a Moron with ill-gotten gains and the EC and many others have done total disservice. It is easy to become so disenchanted you give up but if we want wrongs to be righted and Russia out of our affairs -- we can't afford to become participants in the charade. It's exhausting and we all have felt it many times, but going forward to get the truth in its final form is all there is.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Oct 11, 2017 10:25AM - edited Oct 11, 2017 10:29AM by Trill1943

Jackie, yes, the nuke thing was what made Tillerson call DT a flocking moron......

And, yes, it's time the EC went bye-bye. It came about (I think) way back when the lay of the land and population distribution was was way different but now with the internet etc we are a vastly different nation and it's time it went....

----------------------

Ah, Trump is on-target again! He got it right about Kissinger and now he gets it right about the NFL! He is so sharp these days! Gotta be that Chocolate Cake Diet he's on. . . .

Dx 10/31/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/13/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Oct 11, 2017 12:40PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Donald Trump, President Without a Party

Posted: 10 Oct 2017 08:30 AM PDT

Gerald F. Seib, Wall Street Journal: Increasingly, Donald Trump is a president without a party. With virtually no Republican votes to spare in the Senate, where his agenda hangs in the balance, he has nonetheless become estranged from two key figures in his own party. First it was John McCain of Arizona, over his defiance of the president on health care. Next it was Bob Corker of Tennessee, who feuded with the president in a remarkable weekend of exchanged insults. As it happens, McCain is chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee; Corker is chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Thus, the president is alienated from the two most important Senate figures on national security at a time when two critical national-security issues are coming to a boil: the fate of the nuclear deal with Iran and the increasingly dangerous standoff with North Korea.
Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Oct 11, 2017 12:43PM IllinoisLady wrote:

And it was Dallas, Moron -- got it now. Not that I agree since this is NOT about disrespect unless you call killing un-armed black people respectful. So Dallas in infringing on peaceful protests -- and for the record, as far as I'm concerned kneeling is just as respectful -- maybe more so.

Jerry Jones Orders Players to Stand for Anthem

Posted: 10 Oct 2017 08:05 AM PDT

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Sunday any player who disrespects the flag will not play. Jones' comments, the strongest made on the anthem controversy, came after he was asked about Vice President Mike Pence leaving the game in Indianapolis early after several San Francisco 49ers players took a knee during the national anthem. "I know this, we cannot ... in the NFL in any way give the implication that we tolerate disrespecting the flag," he said following the Cowboys' 35-31 loss to the Green Bay Packers. "We know that there is a serious debate in this country about those issues, but there is no question in my mind that the National Football League and the Dallas Cowboys are going to stand up for the flag. So we're clear."

Oct 11, 2017 12:44PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Some conservatives are as ignorant as they want to be I guess.

8 Years of Suffering Under Barack Obama?

Posted: 10 Oct 2017 04:33 PM PDT

Teri Carter: The sentence I hear most from well-meaning, conservative friends since President Trump's election is this: "We suffered 8 years under Barack Obama." Fair enough. Let's take a look. The day Obama took office, the Dow closed at 7,949 points. Eight years later, the Dow had almost tripled. General Motors and Chrysler were on the brink of bankruptcy, with Ford not far behind, and their failure, along with their supply chains, would have meant the loss of millions of jobs. Obama pushed through a controversial, $8o billion bailout to save the car industry. The U.S. car industry survived, started making money again, and the entire $80 billion was paid back, with interest. While we remain vulnerable to lone-wolf attacks, no foreign terrorist organization has successfully executed a mass attack here since 9/11. Obama ordered the raid that killed Osama Bin Laden. He reduced the federal deficit from 9.8 percent of GDP in 2009 to 3.2 percent in 2016.

Oct 11, 2017 03:23PM ruthbru wrote:

Fox News' Neil Cavuto Dresses Down Trump: 'You Are Running Out Of Friends'

Fox News host Neil Cavuto has a warning for President Donald Trump: Get it together or risk losing everything.

Cavuto, known for giving the president some tough advice in the past, called out Trump for the recent public feud with Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.).

"Last time I checked, you are the president of the United States, so tweeting out these tacky insults just seems beneath you," Cavuto said. "You are running out of friends faster than you are running out of time. You might not like Bob Corker, but a lot of senators do, and you need those senators, sir."

Trump and Corker have been trading insults since the weekend, when the president tweeted that the senator "begged" for a re-election endorsement. Corker, who said he is not seeking re-election, denied the claim and called the White House "an adult day care center."

Cavuto warned Trump that members of Congress will eventually get fed up with what's become a public shaming ritual for the president.

"How long do you think they put up with this?" Cavuto asked. "Loyalty works both ways, Mr. President."

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Oct 11, 2017 03:38PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Interesting -- one of my walks past the t.v. Nicolle Wallace, her afternoon segment on MSNBC is called Deadline White House. Her guests on today were discussing how dark Trump's mood is and that more and more, it is being said that Trump is un-stable, erratic, and told his Security Chief that he hates everyone in the White House. He seems to be unravelling a good deal. I know it has been bandied about but the last few days it seems this type of talk has been a bit more consistent. I guess I was getting used to hearing some of those types of things so until I caught it on t.v. this afternoon had not been paying it that much mind.

Trump didn't expect to be Pres., and he really didn't want to be -- just my opinion -- but needed a huge boost for his brand and boy did he get that. The bad part was HAVING to take the office he was able to get whether by hook or crook and I do think there is a lot of the latter description in it. He is used to wheeling and dealing pretty much as he wants and not fettered by laws and rules much. So -- he is truly confined ( now much more so by Kelly ) now and only seems to like things when he is fighting with someone or destroying things Pres. Obama did. Things are definitely getting worse along with pole numbers. Trump is mad because nothing has gotten done and of course, rational people know you can't fight with everyone around you --- especially the leaders in Senate and House, nor think your charm is going to sell your snake oil for you. You have to get off the golf course and not do things that allow people to characterize the WH as an adult day care center. YES -- you are a MORON. A pretty dangerous one right now.

Trump Wants to Pull FCC Licenses from 'Fake News' Networks…. Can He Do That?

by Ronn Blitzer | 12:38 pm, October 11th, 2017

submit to reddit

Tuesday morning, President Donald Trump sent out a loaded tweet about NBC and other televisions networks and their "Fake News." While that part is nothing new, this time Trump went further, bringing up the idea of pulling their FCC licenses, which would take them off the air.

In order to transmit over radio or broadcast frequencies, one needs to obtain a license from the FCC. NBCUniversal holds more than two dozen licenses for NBC, Telemundo, and local stations, but despite President Trump's desire, they're not likely to lose them any time soon, especially over news stories he doesn't like.

LawNewz has reached out to the FCC about this, but has yet to receive a response. Still, history sheds some light on what it takes to lose an FCC license, and how rarely it happens.

You may recall in 2012, activists wanted the FCC to pull the plug on the Fox Network due to allegations of hacking and bribery by parent company News Corp. As you can see by turning on your local affiliate, Fox is still around.

Attorney Peter Tannenwald told The Hill in 2012 when Fox faced these complaints that he didn't think the FCC would look to revoke licenses unless the alleged actions were "so bad that the FCC really can't just let it go."

So what would be that bad? Well, it's been decades since the FCC did anything close to pulling licenses on this sort of scale, so it takes a lot. The FCC pulled licenses from RKO General in 1987 after they bribed foreign agents and funded American politicians.

Some other examples?

Trump might think that Don Burden's situation was close, since he lost five radio licenses for using them to favor political candidates back in the 1960s. Of course, Burden was also found to have been dishonest with billing, rigging contests, and more, so there was a much stronger case against him.

Then there was WLBT, the Mississippi TV station (coincidentally, an NBC affiliate), that lost their license after black viewers complained that the station was only showing white people's attitudes towards desegregation in the wake of the 1954 Brown v. Board of Education Supreme Court decision.

The FCC has also ruled that non-broadcast activity could warrant a license revocation if it's "so egregious as to shock the conscience and evoke almost universal disapprobation." Michael Rice fit the bill when he was convicted of sexually assaulting five children. He lost seven radio licenses after that.

To answer President Trump's question, that's the sort of thing (or worse) it takes for a network to lose its license.

Oct 11, 2017 03:57PM IllinoisLady wrote:

The Sherman report at the end of this piece has a bit more info in it than this first one from RS. Since my c & p is hinky most of the time I decided best to just leave Sherman as a link on the bottom.

Trump advisers fear he's 'unraveling' — and even Bannon thinks he won't serve his full term: report Brad Reed Brad Reed
11 Oct 2017 at 14:56 ET AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookFacebook827Share to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddthisMore84

President Donald Trump's constant rage is becoming more and more explosive, and a new report from Vanity Fair's Gabriel Sherman claims that even his trusted advisers feel the president is coming apart at the seams.

"Several people close to the president have recently told me… that Trump is 'unstable,' 'losing a step,' and 'unraveling,'" Sherman writes in his explosive story.

Sherman claims that he has spoken with a half dozen prominent Republicans and Trump advisers over the past several days, and he says all of them describe a White House that is struggling to stop the president from careening into disaster.

Trump seems to have been set off by the loss of Luther Strange, the candidate whom he had endorsed for the Republican nomination for the Alabama Senate seat vacated by current Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

"Alabama was a huge blow to his psyche," one Trump confidant tells Sherman. "He saw the cult of personality was broken."

One of Sherman's sources also says that Steve Bannon — the Breitbart News boss who once ran Trump's campaign and who for months served as his top political strategist before being ousted this past summer — believes that Trump only has a 30% chance of making it through a full term.

Bannon reportedly warned Trump earlier this year about the possibility that his cabinet could invoke the 25th amendment to have him removed from office. Specifically, the 25th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution gives the vice president and "and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide" the power to remove the president if they deem he is no longer capable of faithfully discharging his duties.

Read Sherman's entire report at this link.

Oct 11, 2017 03:58PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Breaking News from NPR

Trump Expected To Nominate Kirstjen Nielsen As Next Homeland Security Secretary

Nielsen currently serves as John Kelly's principal deputy chief of staff in the White House and was also Kelly's chief of staff when he recently led the Department of Homeland Security.

Read this story

Oct 11, 2017 07:43PM exbrnxgrl wrote:

The fire situation here in Northern CA continues to be devastating. I live about 2 hours south of the fire zone and our air quality had improved yesterday and was still alright through mid-morning. When I opened my classroom door to take my students to lunch , the smoke odor and haze were overwhelming. As I drove home I could barely see street signage and the downtown skyline (San Jose) was not at all visible. My eyes are stinging and watering. I can't even imagine the nightmare for people actually living in the fire areas. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Bilateral mx 9/7/11 with one step ns reconstruction. As of 11/21/11, 2cm met to upper left femur Dx 7/8/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2011 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 11/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/21/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/21/2011 Bone Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2014 Femara (letrozole)

Oct 11, 2017 08:46PM ruthbru wrote:

Of my gosh, exbrn, that is so horrible. Thinking of all the people affected and all the brave, brave firefighters as well.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Oct 11, 2017 08:47PM ruthbru wrote:

First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Oct 11, 2017 10:57PM QuinnCat wrote:

Oh crap....I got a prompt in iTunes to sign in yesterday. It seemed weird to me, out of place..I use iTunes so little I don't follow closely, but something "phishy" registered in my brain.

Oct 12, 2017 07:52AM ruthbru wrote:

Maybe the rats are starting to leave the sinking ship:

© Provided by The Hill Limbaugh: Trump's comments on NFL 'starting to make me nervous' Conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh on Wednesday voiced concerns about President Trump's comments on NFL players taking a knee during the national anthem to protest racial injustice, saying Trump should not have the power to dictate who can kneel during the anthem.

"There's a part of this story that's starting to make me nervous, and it's this: I am very uncomfortable with the president of the United States being able to dictate the behavior and power of anybody. That's not where this should be coming from," Limbaugh said on his show.

Limbaugh said he believed Trump's motives were "pure," but he argued that the president's actions were unhelpful in the broader debate on players kneeling.

"Trump is continually tweeting - I know what he's doing, and I understand why he's doing it, and his motives are pure; don't misunderstand. But I don't think that it is useful or helpful for any employee anywhere to be forced to do something because the government says they must," he continued.

"We don't want the president being able to demand anybody that he's unhappy with behave in a way he requires," Limbaugh added.

Oct 12, 2017 09:29AM nihahi wrote:

sigh...when it gets to the point that I can sincerely agree with Rush Limbaugh...I think I need to go scream somewhere...

"Comparison is the thief of joy" Dx 10/1991, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR- Surgery 11/7/1991 Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 11/29/1991 Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Methotrexate (Amethopterin, Mexate, Folex) Hormonal Therapy 5/31/1992 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 10/7/1992 Reconstruction (right) Surgery 5/7/1997 Reconstruction (right) Surgery 4/12/2013 Reconstruction (right): Free TRAM flap Surgery 1/8/2014 Reconstruction (right) Surgery 4/14/2014 Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction

Oct 12, 2017 09:30AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life.
--Immanuel Kant

Wisdom is not finally tested in the schools, Wisdom cannot be pass'd from one having it to another not having it, Wisdom is of the soul, is not susceptible of proof, is its own proof.
--Walt Whitman

Oct 12, 2017 09:43AM - edited Oct 12, 2017 09:45AM by IllinoisLady

Seems to me ( Morning Joe ) the stories are not letting up much in the recent past and today. Now even Rush Limbaugh in on it. I noted in passing and will have to go back and find it ( I think the story said Mica B. brought it up ) that perhaps Kelly is getting ready himself to bring out the 25th. Amendment. I've certainly heard more than once how un-happy he is and often that has been evident as he scowls, looks down and otherwise is showing distress over what Trump is saying.

This morning finds Trump tweeting about Puerto Rico while he seems ready to call FEMA to leave there. He is just so out of bounds here -- that alone is like a flashing neon sign that he is incompetent and has no idea what he is doing -- aside from the fact that he never actually wanted to get involved at all. He is not missing his games on the links for any of the crisis and looming crisis. Did we REALLY have to have a golfer and total dolt who cares nothing for the U.S. our Constitution, rule of law, or the American people. I hope the GOP are getting extremely nervous. They should have been dealing with this some time back --- and now Bannon is after McConnell. I never liked McConnell, but this isn't the time for Bannon to blow up the Republican party.

RM is doing an incredible job......just a few of my over-all thoughts.

edit --- I'm so with you Nihahi -- Limbaugh was always in the bottom of the deplorable basket for me and I'm shaking my head yes too. Just wow !!!

Oct 12, 2017 09:49AM IllinoisLady wrote:

'He's getting his troops in place': MSNBC's Mika thinks Kelly is preparing 25th Amendment challenge Travis Gettys Travis Gettys
12 Oct 2017 at 07:23 ET AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to Google BookmarkGoogle BookmarkGoogle BookmarkShare to FacebookFacebookFacebook1KShare to MoreAddthisMore43

Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough (MSNBC)

Don't miss stories. Follow Raw Story!

MSNBC's Joe Scarborough said the president's behavior is growing increasingly "erratic" — and co-host Mika Brzezinski suggested his Cabinet may be preparing a constitutional challenge.

The "Morning Joe" host and his panelists reacted to the alarming Vanity Fair report that described the crisis within the White House, where aides say the president is "unraveling" in a job he's not suited to hold.

ADVERTISING

"He's isolated," Brzezinski said. "He's probably going crazy."

Scarborough and Brzezinski, who have known the president for years, said Trump spent most of his career greeting associates and well-wishers in his office, fielding phone calls and gossiping with reporters — but all that has changed in the White House.

"When he wasn't isolated, he had people like Omarosa (Manigault) giving him things that got him spinned up and made him act erratically," Scarborough said. "What we have found through this analysis is, when the president is isolated from people, he's erratic. When the president is surrounded by people, he's erratic."

Chief of staff John Kelly hasn't been able to stop the chaos since taking the job, and even Trump's longtime friend Tom Barrack is expressing concern about the president's temperament and fitness.

"You have to step back as you read this piece," said co-host Willie Geist. "The president of the United States being contained, being bubble wrapped by people around him so he's not a harm to himself and others."

Brzezinski pointed to the appointment of Kirstjen Nielsen, Kelly's longtime aide, to replace the now-chief of staff as Homeland Security secretary as evidence that the Cabinet may be readying a 25th Amendment challenge.

"That's Cabinet-level, right?" Brzezinski said. "I don't think Kelly's leaving — I think he's getting his troops in place to act."

Geist said the Trump presidency is not even 10 months old, but he said these recent reports echoed previous ones showing an angry and erratic president mistrustful of his closest advisers.

"This is not normal, this is crazy that we're talking about putting the right people in place to contain the man sitting in the Oval Office right now," Geist said. "I would just add, the 25th Amendment — still a lot of people tweet about it, shout about the 25th Amendment — remains a long shot. It's the clause that would have to be invoked by the vice president and the Cabinet. That's a long way to go to ask the vice president and the president's own Cabinet to remove the president of the United States."

Scarborough agreed, saying the president's threats against NBC News showed he didn't understand his oath to preserve and defend the Constitution.

"He is not well, in the traditional sense of what you want your presidents to be," Scarborough said. "More and more people in Washington, D.C., are coming to that realization."

Oct 12, 2017 10:26AM ruthbru wrote:

Oct 12, 2017 11:25AM Trill1943 wrote:

Quinn, did you see that thing I posted the other day about signing in to iTunes? It's gonna be a day or two back.....about what to do and to guard against phishing....

Dx 10/31/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/13/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Oct 12, 2017 11:27AM Trill1943 wrote:

Quinn, here it is--

Oct 12, 2017 02:00PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Orange Dolt strikes again -- as in strike out.

Home » Donald Trump Trump laughs and jokes during solemn "Retreat" ceremony honoring flag while on military base 57.0k Shares AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to RedditRedditShare to EmailEmail

By Oliver Willis | October 11, 2017

Donald Trump refused to stand or honor the American flag as a bugle played signaling the "Retreat" ceremony on a military base.

Fox News

Donald Trump sat and laughed with Fox News host Sean Hannity as the "Retreat" bugle call was played. Tradition dictates that members of the military and civilian leadership stand at attention to respect the U.S. flag during the solemn ceremony.

Trump's act of disrespect occurred during an interview that happened in a hangar at the Air National Guard base in Pennsylvania.

Trump referred to the bugle call as a "nice sound," and asked Hannity if they were playing it "in honor of his ratings."

As the official Army website notes, playing "Retreat" is "one of the oldest traditions in the U.S. Army, which dates back to the Revolutionary War." Playing the song is used "to signal the end of the duty day and pay respect to the nation's flag."

Trump disrespected the flag the same evening he returned to the subject of black NFL players protesting police brutality by kneeling during the anthem. He told Hannity, "You cannot disrespect our country, our flag, our anthem, you cannot do that."

Trump did it.

Video Player

https://shareblue.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/colors-play.mp4

00:00

00:11

00:21

Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.

TRUMP: What a nice sound that is. Are they playing that for you or for me? They're playing that in honor of his ratings. Did you see how good his ratings are? He's beating everybody.
HANNITY: I think they'll be higher tonight. I'm just guessing.

As "Retreat" is played, the Army website explains, "Once the bugle sounds, all personnel driving on the installation should stop. Service members and government civilian personnel are encouraged to turn off their vehicles, and, if safe to do so, exit to render the appropriate honors."

Trump is by virtue of his position, the highest-ranking official in the U.S. military and is the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed forces.

In 2014, a soldier hid in her car to avoid saluting the flag during the ceremony, and after posting a photo of her actions on social media, was disciplined by the military.

The late comedian Robin Williams, while performing for soldiers in Kuwait, stopped in the middle of his comedy routine to stand at attention and honor the flag during the "Retreat" ceremony.

Trump's actions showed once again, that when it comes to truly honoring the flag and doing his duty as commander in chief, it's all a big joke.

Oct 12, 2017 02:08PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Just what I'd expect to see in the WH of today.

Kelly: I'm not quitting or getting fired

White House chief of staff John Kelly on Thursday dismissed rumors he's close to quitting or being fired by President Trump.

Kelly addressed reports of friction between himself and the president during a surprise appearance in the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room.

Read the full story here

Oct 12, 2017 02:11PM ananda8 wrote:

How truly horrible!.  Trump doesn't know how to show respect to the Flag.  Hannity doesn't know how to show respect to the flag.  All those smiling people in the background don't know how to show respect for the flag.  Yet, they all object when a black man kneels.

“She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.”

Oct 12, 2017 05:42PM nihahi wrote:

I have been on joint base Pearl Harbor/Hickam. When retreat sounds, everyone...EVERYONE stops, and stands, in silent respect. Lying45 is a DISGUSTING, NARCISSISTIC MORON!!!!

"Comparison is the thief of joy" Dx 10/1991, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR- Surgery 11/7/1991 Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 11/29/1991 Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Methotrexate (Amethopterin, Mexate, Folex) Hormonal Therapy 5/31/1992 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 10/7/1992 Reconstruction (right) Surgery 5/7/1997 Reconstruction (right) Surgery 4/12/2013 Reconstruction (right): Free TRAM flap Surgery 1/8/2014 Reconstruction (right) Surgery 4/14/2014 Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction

Oct 12, 2017 10:07PM - edited Oct 12, 2017 10:10PM by IllinoisLady

It was always just a matter of time.

Trump to cut off key ObamaCare payments

President Trump plans to cut off key payments to insurers selling ObamaCare coverage, the White House announced late Thursday.

The action represents Trump's most aggressive move yet to dismantle ObamaCare, after GOP efforts to repeal and replace the health-care law failed this year.

Trump has repeatedly threatened to cut off the disbursements to insurers, known as cost sharing reduction (CSR) payments, which are worth an estimated $7 billion this year. The White House said Thursday night that the administration "cannot lawfully" make the payments.

Read the full story here

It is on Trump's head now -- owns it lock, stock, and barrel.

Oct 12, 2017 10:12PM IllinoisLady wrote:

This was discussed a pretty fair amt. on MSNBC tonight.

Trump Thinks Stock Market Reduces National Debt

Posted: 12 Oct 2017 01:28 PM PDT

While boasting about the U.S. economy during an interview on Wednesday, President Donald Trump made the bizarre suggestion that gains in the stock market actually reduce federal debt. "The country -- we took it over and owed over $20 trillion," Trump told Fox News' Sean Hannity. "As you know, the last eight years, they borrowed more than it did in the whole history of our country. So they borrowed more than $10 trillion, right? And yet, we picked up $5.2 trillion just in the stock market. Possibly picked up the whole thing in terms of the first nine months, in terms of value." "So you could say, in one sense, we're really increasing values," he continued. "And maybe in a sense we're reducing debt. But we're very honored by it. And we're very, very happy."

Oct 12, 2017 10:14PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Fox Host to Trump: You're Running Out of Friends

Posted: 12 Oct 2017 09:32 AM PDT

Fox News host Neil Cavuto late Tuesday slammed President Trump over his feud with Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) and questioned the president's "erratic behavior." Cavuto spoke directly to the president, telling him he is alienating senators whose support he needs to pass his tax-reform plan. "Last time I checked, you are the president of the United States, so tweeting out these tacky insults just seems beneath you," Cavuto said. "You are running out of friends faster than you are running out of time. You might not like Bob Corker, but a lot of senators do, and you need those senators, sir."

Oct 12, 2017 10:15PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Trump Misses Russian Sanctions Deadline

Posted: 11 Oct 2017 06:37 PM PDT

Leading senators from both parties, Maryland Democrat Ben Cardin and Arizona Republican John McCain criticized the Trump administration Wednesday for not meeting a deadline for implementing new sanctions on Russia's defense and intelligence sectors. "The delay calls into question the Trump administration's commitment to the sanctions bill which was signed into law more than two months ago, following months of public debate and negotiations in Congress," they said in a statement. "In addition to the administration's lack of responsiveness on this deadline, there does not appear to be a significant diplomatic effort to engage our allies in Europe and lead an effort to increase pressure on Moscow," they added. President Donald Trump was openly displeased with the tougher sanctions legislation, and argued that Congress was impinging on his executive powers, though he signed them into law. The question hanging in the Senate now is whether they'll actually be implemented.

Oct 12, 2017 10:25PM ChiSandy wrote:

Well, he went & did it: got his crookedly stacked HHS & DOJ to declare that since there was no formal statutory appropriation in the ACA for the risk-corridor payments to insurers, they were illegal and will be stopped. Millions will lose their insurance now because more (if not most) companies will pull out of not just counties but entire states, and it's only a matter of time till they refuse to cover pre-existing conditions (if not cancel those patients' policies outright). And this afternoon, he signed an EO allowing small employers to pool resources to buy ACA-noncompliant "junk" policies for their employees. Low-premium, but sky-high deductibles & co-pays, no preventive services, and a gazillion exemptions.

I've been pleading with Bob to retire--he'll be 68 next week, and is losing his older patients to the march of time and his younger ones to providers in their networks (and to hospitals further south to which ERs they're taken by ambulance--rather than transfer back to his hospitals, they stay admitted down there and become patients of the rival cardiology group). He was floating the idea of renting a studio near that far south hospital because the Oak Lawn Hilton is getting too expensive on the nights before echo-readings at Advocate Christ (when it's even available--he sometimes ends up at the hotels near Midway that are twice the price with half the amenities, rather than handle the commute from up here; the commute used to be easy before the stupid Lake Shore Drive/I-55 ramp project which has been going on since 2015 and nobody knows when it'll end). I don't want to move down to Trump country, where there's no public transit, only crappy chain restaurants, none of my friends and no culture. I let him drag me across the country twice for his career--from NYC to Seattle and 7 years later to Chicago. Not again. And I certainly don't want to drive 2-1/2 hrs. in rush hour traffic to stay overnight in one of those executive suite hotels (or kill an afternoon twiddling my thumbs in there waiting for him). And what makes him think the rival group will let him on staff at their hospital? (That was his excuse for not practicing up here on the North Side or Evanston).

If the insurance market is going to hell in a handbasket and his reimbursements will get even lower, isn't that a sign? He loves practicing medicine, just not the administrative stuff & the commutes. And he really loves the weekly gig he recently started, on salary, no overhead, at a prepaid union healthcare clinic between the Loop & Restaurant Row/United Center. I think that would be a good transition between rat race and retirement. Our broker took us to dinner and showed us how much ready cash we're just sitting on--he suggested we buy a boat or take a trip around the world to enjoy some of it. (And there's 10x that much in the retirement accounts). When your financial advisor tells you to splurge....reminds me of what our PCP told my near-vegan FIL on his 89th birthday: "You beat the reaper. Go have a steak, or at least a burger & fries already!"

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Page 918 of 926 (27,767 results)