Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Picture This!!

gardengumby
gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
edited September 2021 in Bonded by Breast Cancer

There are some very talented photographers who are kind enough to post their pictures on various threads, but most of the picture threads have a theme.  This is a thread for photographs.  No theme.  It would be really nice to know where the pictures were taken (if you remember).  If it's a picture that's been downloaded from the Internet that you like, please let us know that. I'll start with a photograph I took this morning when I was fishing with my husband.

Comments

• gardengumby

Not a great picture, but a couple dolphin followed us for an hour or so, I took a zillion pictures of them, but they don't show much of their enchantment - pretty much just their fin.  :)  They are Pacific White-Sided Dolphin.  So friendly.  Unfortunately, when they were jumping and somersaulting we were too far away to get any pictures.

I'll have to watch that horizon, huh, Barbe???

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,176

I took this in our back yard this morning

• gardengumby

What a beauty!!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Whoah! A bit seasick here, eh? Yep, watch that horizon...you can fix it, you know! Sick That looks more like a whale. What kind of dolphins would I have seen racing with our boat in the Baja?? Bottlenose?

These are pics I took in the Fall of the trails around our golf course, wish I could enjoy the walks more, but with the uneven ground it makes it difficult...

• socallisa

I especially like the tall tree-lined trail.I feel like I am there. And I love the little pond in the first one with all the colors you captured. 

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027

Just thought you may like to see Winter in Australia, this was taken a few weeks ago in a place called Ballarat, about an hour from Melbourne.

• Ariom

In contrast, this is the Aussie Summmer!

• socallisa

Arion.  I love those somehow I never thought of kangaroos and snow. Good job. 

• socallisa

Garden I love the picture of the sun setting over the water. Is that a lake? 

• Ariom

So sorry, I should have posted the Kangaroo photo was sent to me on FB and the Koala was from the internet. 

I didn't realize the photos were all your own, absolutely beautiful!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,808

GREAT idea! Love this positive, thoughtful, and beautiful thread!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Never thought I`d see kangaroos in snow, either!! Ariom do not apologize!! You`ve given us images we`ve never seen, I think that may be the point.

• Ariom

Glad you liked them Barbe! Even I, hadn't seen many pictures of Kangaroos in the snow. It isn't unusual for them, in the country areas, to be right in your front yard. I see them hopping past my front fence occasionally.

We live beside a lake and have an Island just to our left which has lots of Koalas, the people who live over there, have them living in the Eucalyptus trees in their gardens.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Great idea GG!  Wonderful pictures. Thanks for inviting me here. 

• socallisa

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

wow, beautiful pictures.  I so wish I were a better photographer.  

• socallisa

Balboa Park San Diego

• Ariom

Stunning, SocalLisa!

• Ariom

I took this shot from our front garden a couple of weeks ago, often there are close to 100 Pellicans, and a couple of hundred Ducks, out there in the Winter.

This is Tuesday evening racing, during the season, which starts in October.

• socallisa

my goodness, do you have a wonderful spot on this earth, if you have that view...SillyHeart

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

WOW - ALL THESE PICS ARE AWESOME, LADIES!!! Keep 'em coming!

~ ~ ~ 

Super Moon, taken from our back yard last night....

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

And just as it was beginning to rise...  eerie!!!

• socallisa

neat pics..

• socallisa

A different take on the moon last night..

• Ariom

Wow, those Moon pics are all fabulous! I walked in to my Bathroom on Sunday night and the Super moon was completely framed in the window, I have never seen anything like it.

Thank you SoCalLisa! We think it is paradise here!

I have been playing with a stitch program where I can take 6 shots and the system stitches them together into a panorama, I will post one for you to really see what the view really looks like.

• socallisa

I would love to see it.I love the stitching. 

This is San Diego 

• Ariom

SoCalLIsa, That's a beautiful shot of San Diego, I have been there a few times over the years,while working for United Airlines. I loved the Zoo!

This isn't a really good stitch, but it is one of the first ones I tried with "MS ICE Panorama" free software for PC. It is a really easy and fast one.

This is the view from my bed!

• gardengumby

Ariom - with that view, how do you ever go to sleep?  I'd want to be watching everything all the time!!  The kangaroos in the snow looked cool.  I never thought of snow with them.

Lisa, that rose was GORGEOUS, and how did you do that with the moon?  It is a beautiful picture.  The sunrise shot I made was over Puget Sound near Point Defiance in Tacoma. 

Barbe, it was a dolphin (there were actually two of them - just never up at the same time) - I just didn't get his nose very well. I never really knew where he was going to come up, so relied on the blowing sound to move the camera.  By the time I'd have him in the lens, his nose was already heading back down.  Also, he was only about 2 feet from the boat, so looked big in the picture.  Later in the morning they were jumping and doing acrobatics, but they were a long ways away so I didn't bother attempting any pictures.  Maybe the next trip...   Loved your trees

Blessing - loved the eerie looking moon.

OK, ladies, how do you do the moon pictures?  Every time I try to take a picture of the moon I just end up with a bright smudge. 

near Tucson at dusk last February.

• gardengumby

The Northern California coast last January.

• Ariom

Thank you GardenGumby, we have been in this house for 2 years and we are still taken by the view, all the time. Waking up is magic! We watch a  lot less TV these days! lol

The Family room, the Living Room and the Master all have this view, across the front of the house. There is an Island to the left, another piece of land with an arm curving around to a boat ramp to the right and the dunes you can see in the distance, are what separates us from the ocean, which goes all the way to Tasmania. We get spectacular storms and amazing weather changes. The changing seasons is pretty fantastic to watch from here too!