Join Us

We are 216,296 members in 84 forums discussing 160,162 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Picture This!!

Forum: Growing Our Friendships After Treatment —

For those who have met on Breastcancer.org and want to continue growing their cybersibling friendships beyond cancer.

Posted on: Aug 11, 2014 06:36PM

gardengumby wrote:

There are some very talented photographers who are kind enough to post their pictures on various threads, but most of the picture threads have a theme.  This is a thread for photographs.  No theme.  It would be really nice to know where the pictures were taken (if you remember).  If it's a picture that's been downloaded from the Internet that you like, please let us know that. I'll start with a photograph I took this morning when I was fishing with my husband.

BRCA1 & 2 negative - 3 family members. Oncotype 14. DCIS 7.5 cm, intermediate Dx 10/28/2010, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/19 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/20/2010 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement

Page 150 of 151 (4,503 results)

Posts 4471 - 4500 (4,503 total)

Jun 16, 2020 03:05PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Awe, so cute! I just had Covid 19 testing today and on the way home after visiting my new swan family with seven cignets I was on a very busy street with construction and this poor deer was spooked and tried to run into the road instead of away from it. The poor thing finally changed course and ran back into the trees. This was at 10 am.

One of my neighbors told me the other day two deer rain right down the street in front of my house. I don't live in the country but a suburb. I used to see more of that but as urban sprawl happens the poor deer go somewhere.

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 16, 2020 04:22PM Aussie-Cat wrote:

Nancy, when do you get the result of your test? I trust that you'll be negative but I can understand if you find it scary. Do you feel any better than you've been feeling recently? I hope so.

Diagnosed with nerve pain (post mastectomy pain syndrome) July 2018. Twin sister died of breast cancer May 2019. Surgery 6/18/2018 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right

Jun 16, 2020 06:22PM kathindc wrote:

Aww, love the pic Gma.

Jun 16, 2020 11:47PM SoCalLisa wrote:

The monarch's are really liking the lily of the Nile..

Nancy, any word on if your pool might open. I know how much you miss your swimming.. Did you get any photos of your swans?

Biography: DX 11/2000 LCIS,DCIS,IDC 2B, Grade 1, ER+,PR+ Her2Neg 1 pos node Lumptectomy, CMF chemo X 6 mos, DX 8/2001, IDC same breast--Mastectomy , Left Breast Lumpectomy... Tamoxifen, one year...Armidex, Four years

Jun 17, 2020 10:45PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Cathy, I am still having some GI issues. I plan on visiting my Mom who is in a long term care facility. I want to be sure I am not infected. They allow visiting through her patio door only so it is better than nothing at this point. I think they said 3-4 days to get test results so I am thinking I will hear something Friday or Monday hopefully. Then I can make some plans.

Lisa, my YMCA closed permanently which was a huge blow for me and I am sure many hundreds of other families. This Y was over 104 or so years old and part of our historic district. There is another Y across town and much newer and probably nicer but they are not opening up the swimming pool even as other things open up a bit more on June 26. I really don't know how they will work things. I think at this point you have to make an appointment so they can restrict the number of people. I only swim at the Y so I am not interested in the other stuff they have. I have been walking outside some but I don't know why I am finding it so difficult but it has been. I can swim much easier than walking.

I visited the swans after my Covid 19 testing yesterday and they had no bathrooms and it was a wait. By the time I visited the swans as soon as I got out of the car I realized I needed a restroom and this office complex was obviously not having workers as it was pretty empty. I had my cell phone only and the swans were divided up with some with the Mom and the others with the Dad and they were too far apart to get them all in the frame. I will have to go back with my real camera later. There were no workers taking breaks like usual for me to ask how old the babies were. They were not newborns I don't think because they already knew how to dive and eat with their little tails up in the air but still small and very cute.

I like your Monarch pic. I haven't seen many butterflies so far. The butterfly houses that I like to visit with my camera are all closed and I would bet for the whole summer as most of them are small spaces to begin with and almost impossible to keep six feet from each other.

It will be a different type of summer for sure. I am still enjoying my indoor orchids. I just repotted another one today. I have watched so many Youtube videos on orchid care I actually feel like I sort of know what I am doing now. One of these nights I hope to take some pics of my new orchid I had delivered in March with no flowers and very few small buds. Now I think my last count was either 32 or 33 flowers on it. Summer is normally the time the flowers drop and they go into their growing leaf and root stage. Some of my earlier purchases in January are going into that phase now. Not as fun as seeing the flowers. Sooooooooooo, I am thinking about buying another one that will eventually flower!!!!

Take care.

Dx 3/14/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/13/2014 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/25/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 18, 2020 10:40AM GmaFoley wrote:

Imagine God in His HUGE rocking chair, rocking you and saying, "It will be ok, you can do it. I will be right here for you". Oncotype score: 8, Rads 28, Bilateral arm, truncal LE and now Obstructive Sleep Apnea Dx 4/19/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 18, 2020 10:27PM SoCalLisa wrote:

can't wait to see your swans, Nancy

Biography: DX 11/2000 LCIS,DCIS,IDC 2B, Grade 1, ER+,PR+ Her2Neg 1 pos node Lumptectomy, CMF chemo X 6 mos, DX 8/2001, IDC same breast--Mastectomy , Left Breast Lumpectomy... Tamoxifen, one year...Armidex, Four years

Jun 25, 2020 09:35AM GmaFoley wrote:

Imagine God in His HUGE rocking chair, rocking you and saying, "It will be ok, you can do it. I will be right here for you". Oncotype score: 8, Rads 28, Bilateral arm, truncal LE and now Obstructive Sleep Apnea Dx 4/19/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 25, 2020 11:43AM Aussie-Cat wrote:

Gma Foley, what a gorgeous photo! I've never seen ducks amidst flowers like that before.

Diagnosed with nerve pain (post mastectomy pain syndrome) July 2018. Twin sister died of breast cancer May 2019. Surgery 6/18/2018 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right

Jun 25, 2020 11:55AM GmaFoley wrote:

Thank you. I went to our duck park and was pleasantly surprised to get this photo.

Jun 26, 2020 07:29PM - edited Jun 27, 2020 04:37PM by SoCalLisa

Took a little ride today and saw the USNS MERCY off the coast.

Jun 27, 2020 03:52PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Beautiful yellow rose and ducks among the flowers.

Beautiful ship in a sea of blue.

Jun 28, 2020 09:26AM mumito wrote:

Flower duck shot is beautiful

Dx 4/23/2008, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/15 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 29, 2020 02:08PM GmaFoley wrote:

Brave loon in Rwanda ;)

Jun 29, 2020 04:43PM SoCalLisa wrote:

Just now..

Jun 29, 2020 07:25PM Aussie-Cat wrote:

Great photos Gma Foley and Lisa!

Jun 30, 2020 12:28AM SoCalLisa wrote:

When I planted this, I had no idea how it would turn out..the flowers are tiny

Jun 30, 2020 02:15AM Aussie-Cat wrote:

Lisa, those flowers turned out very pretty. It must have been a nice surprise since you weren't sure how they'd turn out.

Jun 30, 2020 02:20PM GmaFoley wrote:

Jun 30, 2020 02:58PM Aussie-Cat wrote:

Gma Foley, that's gorgeous!

Jun 30, 2020 09:54PM Wren44 wrote:

Lisa, Do you remember the name of that vine?

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

Jun 30, 2020 10:29PM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Love the photos.

Lisa, I love the colors that complement the Monarch. Your purple flowers are beautiful.

I haven't had a chance to visit the swans but I hope to soon.

GM love that precious fawn.

I finally got to take some pictures on the last day of June. I am still participating in the ongoing photo contest. I had a last ditch effort today to get in my June pics. This was the first time I have been out for a long time. It turned out to be a Goldfinch day.

Jul 1, 2020 12:22AM Aussie-Cat wrote:

Nancy, I love the bird photos! I'm glad you got to go out.

How have you been feeling? Did you get the Coronavirus result back yet?

Jul 1, 2020 12:43AM SoCalLisa wrote:

Love the birds, Nancy...glad you were able to get out for a bit at least.

I will check on the name of the vine tomorrow . I have the app google lens and it is great for anything really.

Jul 1, 2020 03:14PM SoCalLisa wrote:

Wren, my google lens says Skyflower"Sweet Memory" or Duranta for the plant with the purple flowers

Jul 2, 2020 08:58AM - edited Jul 2, 2020 09:00AM by GmaFoley

Love the birds and flowers ladies!!!

My favorite park - River Forks Park - wonderful pictures of the rivers.

Jul 2, 2020 12:01PM GmaFoley wrote:

Jul 2, 2020 07:22PM Aussie-Cat wrote:

Gma Foley, lovely photo!

Jul 6, 2020 01:32AM bandwoman1234 wrote:

Thanks Cathy and Lisa. I'm sorry as I thought I had replied but didn't. Actually maybe it went poof because I remember posting that my Covid 19 test was negative. I have had trouble with my internet stopping and starting and I have had some trouble posting on other threads. Anyway I am doing better. I traveled today to see my Mom. We still have her house and that is where I stay. I got in too late to see her tonight and now you have to make appointments to see anyone in this facility. I have to stay outside her patio in the grass with my own chair and she has to stay inside behind the patio screen with a mask and me with a mask as well. One visitor at a time with a time limit of one hour if someone else wants to visit. I couldn't reach the facility when I called this evening so hopefully I can get through tomorrow and be able to see her. I haven't seen her in six months and have had very little time on the phone as she can't hear the phone ring. It is hotter than blazes here so I bought this goofy looking fan that hands around your neck and has two mini fans that blow on your face. It even lights up different colors in the dark. So hopefully that will help some. Cathy, you are in your winter time now I think. I could stand some cold about now. LOL Take care and I hope you are getting well adjusted to your new house.

GM, cute little hummingbird.

Well it is late here and I need to get to bed.

Nancy

Jul 6, 2020 11:45AM Aussie-Cat wrote:

Nancy, I'm glad you're Covid-19 test was negative. I hope you enjoy your visit with your mother but I'm sorry you have to be on the other side of a glass door. I hope you get to see her soon. I'm sorry it's so hot there and I hope you don't find it too bad.

It's been quite cold here and I'm thankful for the heating. We are slowly settling into the new house and getting organised but we still feel burnt out from getting renovations done and moving house.

Page 150 of 151 (4,503 results)