We are 217,836 members in 81 forums discussing 154,335 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: CRAZY TOWN WAITING ROOM - TESTS coming up? All Stages Welcome.

Forum: Growing Our Friendships After Treatment —

For those who have met on Breastcancer.org and want to continue growing their cybersibling friendships beyond cancer.

Posted on: Jul 18, 2015 07:14PM - edited Feb 20, 2016 11:31PM by SlowDeepBreaths

SlowDeepBreaths wrote:

I'm hoping there isn't another thread like this. I did a search and saw one for stage 4, but nothing for everyone else. My very special friend on BCO (Tomboy), and I have talked about a Crazy Town thread for awhile now. I know she will be happy I finally took the bull by the horns!!

I wrote a little story about visiting Crazy Town last year on my blog, and I received some lovely emails from women all over the world talking about how terrifying those feelings can become. I thought I would share that story with my BCO sisters. I know many of you can relate to the craziness of worrying about recurrence or progression. I think my experience epitomizes the crazy place our minds can go. I've found when I can laugh at myself, I always feel better.

"My master bath has its own little room for the toilet. The sink, shower and tub are all in the same room. At night when I have to use the bathroom, I always turn on the closet light which is right next to my sink. This way I don't have to turn on all the lights above the sink. They are very bright and there are a lot of them. I do this so the brightness doesn't wake up my DH. Being the OCD person I am, I always wash my hands after using the restroom – even in the middle of the night.

One night last week, I was doing my usual ritual and I caught a glimpse of a big blackish/brown mark on the upper left side of my chest.This thing was huge. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest when I caught a glimpse of it. I'm sure many of you will know what I'm talking about - that feeling of dread.I ran my fingers over it and it felt raised. I couldn't imagine what it could be – it was SO big. I thought, "Oh great, here we go again, now I've got skin cancer." Then I decided to risk waking DH up by turning on the millions of lights above the sink. Then I got a closer look. UNBELIEVABLE!!……it was a piece of chocolate from a cookie I had eaten earlier!!!!! Apparently it had melted into my chest and I went to bed that way. Can you imagine?? Now if that doesn't give you a good laugh, I don't know what will. CRAZY TOWN!!!"

I have many stories since diagnosis. I call it going to Crazy Town. Some of them are funny, others not so much. I usually go there in the middle of the night when everyone is sleeping, and my mind wanders. There are no trains, planes or busses out of Crazy Town in the middle of the night. I also go there at times when I'm waiting on test results. I hope we can all share our Crazy Town stories. Talking about it has helped me to stay on the outskirts of the town. I've been really good about not visiting lately, but this week it's been a real challenge.

If you have tests coming up, or you just have a day where you're worried more than usual, or if you just want to hang out and chat, please stop in to visit. It is my hope we can have some fun here and get each other through on difficult days with humor, kindness and hugs!!

Much love to all,

Beppy ツ

P.S. If you've just been diagnosed, I strongly suggest starting a blog. Whether it be just for yourself, or you'd like to share it with others. It's been a good outlet to get my feelings out as well as a wonderful timeline to refer back to when needed.

Great info about breast cancer and PTSD:

http://www.healthline.com/health-news/cancer-treatment-leaves-survivors-with-ptsd-scars-031215#3

Dx 4/2016, TN mets to lung. VATS left upper lobe wedge resection. "Fall seven times, stand up eight" Japanese Proverb Dx 7/2013, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Dx 7/2013, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (FISH)

Page 474 of 495 (14,842 results)

Posts 14191 - 14220 (14,842 total)

Jul 30, 2018 02:21AM ChiSandy wrote:

Well, I am heading back into CrazyTown. Was able to see inside my mouth with a pair of mirrors, and that painful swelling on my hard palate ridge doesn't look like an abscess, but it looks like a canker sore yet doesn't feel like one (not a sharp pain like a canker sore but rather a bruise-type pain when something hard, even a Cheerio or grain of rice, hits it)--then it throbs like blood is pulsing through it, and so do my teeth around it (which feel like they're loosening). Not delicate enough to be a blister either (which would have healed by now). Everything I've read and images I've seen lead me to believe that squamous cell carcinoma can't be ruled out. (The one promising sign is that oral cancer usually doesn't appear so suddenly--the sore is less than 2 wks. old and the loosening only about 3--and is usually painless to the touch, whereas this is quite painful). Suddenly, ONJ may be a lesser worry...and preferable: at least it would neither kill nor maim me. I'm hoping all I'll need are root canal(s) and antibiotics, but that is looking more and more like wishful thinking.

Not going to sleep well tonight, seeing as how I need to be in an Uber by 9 am to be at the dentist by 9:40 (he moved down into the Loop from my neighborhood, where I'd been able to walk there in 15 minutes). Doing one last saltwater and Listerine Sensitive rinse before the Tylenol #3 kicks in.

It's so unfair--I take good care of my teeth, have never smoked, and drink very moderately (usually no more than a couple of ounces of wine a day...and not every day).

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/22/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/1/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Jul 30, 2018 10:59AM octogirl wrote:

Sandy, in your pocket for the dentist appointment! Keep us posted!

Octogirl

Dx 6/18/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/16/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/9/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/15/2015 Hormonal Therapy 1/15/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 4/8/2016 Femara (letrozole)

Jul 30, 2018 12:46PM ChiSandy wrote:

DDS says it's an abscess deep in the root of my front upper incisor--was able to drain a little of the palate sore. He thinks the root might have a cavity or more likely a surface irregularity that trapped plaque the floss couldn't reach. The root isn't fractured (if it were, I'd be seeing stars and swearing a blue streak), nor is the tooth; and per X-rays, there is no decay in the visible part of the tooth. So I see the periodontist on Wed.--hoping he can fill the cavity or smooth the root to save the tooth and avoid an extraction (which would trigger ONJ). At least it's not oral cancer. Meanwhile, keep on doing what I've been doing: 1000mg. Tylenol + 800mg. ibuprofen every 6 hrs., warm salt water rinses several times a day, Sensodyne toothpaste & Listerine Sensitive rinse 2X day; with the addition of clindamycin and Peridex rinse after breakfast & at bedtime.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/22/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/1/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Jul 30, 2018 02:49PM octogirl wrote:

that doesn't sound like fun, Sandy, but as you say, at least it isn't cancer!

Dx 6/18/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/16/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/9/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/15/2015 Hormonal Therapy 1/15/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 4/8/2016 Femara (letrozole)

Jul 30, 2018 03:19PM Lucy55 wrote:

Sandy ..sorry about the tooth... hopefully they can save it ..

We found out yesterday that Hubby's sister has multiple myleoma...Freaking Cancer :-( ...she has to have chemo and Stem Cell Transplant ..Hubby's parent ( who are 82 and 80 next month ) are finding it very hard to cope with news ..I feel so sorry for them too .,

Dx 8/27/2014, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/15/2014

Jul 31, 2018 09:12AM octogirl wrote:

I am so sorry to read that news, Lucy!! Hugs to your hubby and to you.

Octogirl

Jul 31, 2018 12:18PM Cubbie2015 wrote:

Glad to hear the good news from Octo, Mommy, and Sweetp!

Lucy, I'm so sorry about your sister-in-law. I hope the treatments go well for her.

Sandy, thank goodness it is just an abcessed tooth. In your pocket for the periodontist!

Yesterday morning I when I was getting dressed I found a new pink bump on the left side of my chest, about 2 or 3 inches above my mastectomy scar. This obviously wasn't there just a week ago when I had my MO appointment. It looks something like a bug bite, but I don't have any other bites, and it doesn't itch. I called the MO's office this morning, and the MO wants me to call back on Thursday morning if it doesn't look any better and they will have me see the NP. Just when it looked like I could enjoy what was left of summer.

1.8mm micromet in sentinel node; BRCA negative; chose bmx due to family history; age 43 at diagnosis; Oncotype 15 Dx 9/4/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 10/8/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 12/17/2015 Whole-breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 1/12/2016 Zoladex (goserelin) Hormonal Therapy 6/29/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 31, 2018 12:31PM moth wrote:

My radiation mapping CT is tomorrow & I've been mildly freaking myself out with the knowledge that even though they're not looking for mysterious or bad things, sometimes mysterious or bad things get found on these scans anyway.

The biopsy on the weird thing in my supposedly healthy breast got moved to Aug 8 to be further out from chemo & give my blood counts time to recover.

I do not like all this waiting & worrying about results.

Dx at 50; Left, IDC, 1.7 cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, very weakly ER+, being treated as TNBC Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 2/14/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole-breast: Breast

Jul 31, 2018 12:50PM Cubbie2015 wrote:

Moth, I worried about that too during my mapping. Apparently the odds of that happening is extremely small. It was definitely a stressful wait, though. I worry about every possibility. In your pocket for your biopsy!

1.8mm micromet in sentinel node; BRCA negative; chose bmx due to family history; age 43 at diagnosis; Oncotype 15 Dx 9/4/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 10/8/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 12/17/2015 Whole-breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 1/12/2016 Zoladex (goserelin) Hormonal Therapy 6/29/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 31, 2018 02:42PM queenmomcat wrote:

Moth: isn't that just where our minds take us now? (The majority of us have had fears like this. Trust me.)

Dx 5/27/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 7/7/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 9/1/2015 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 12/10/2015 Reconstruction (left)

Aug 1, 2018 12:03AM ChiSandy wrote:

Cubbie, hope it's nothing--sometimes a bug bite doesn't itch if you don't scratch it. Could also be a fluid (not infectioua) cyst, seborrheic hyperplasia (overgrowth of oil glands), keratosis (the more common the older we get), even ingrown hair. Can you get a derm consult?

Aug 1, 2018 04:35PM - edited Aug 1, 2018 04:36PM by Cubbie2015

The dermatologist is booked up for month, so the MO's schedule is more open to look at it. I'd go see my GP, but he's on vacation.

Did you get to see the periodontist?

Aug 1, 2018 09:06PM ChiSandy wrote:

Saw the perio, who took a panoramic X-ray and says there is neither a cavity nor external surface irregularity on the root--so root contouring & planing was not indicated. But since there's definitely an abscess draining into the palate, a root canal was the next step. So I killed the time between the perio and my hand surgery followup not by eating & shopping, but by having root canal done at Old Orchard Mall. (Between the periodontist, endodontist, and hand surgeon followup, I've had enough X-rays w/in a few hours to be able to glow in the dark). Turns out the abscess was in "the tooth next door" to the incisor. Part deux of the root canal is next week. Hand surgeon now says I can remove the cast-brace at home in order to eat, type (not too much), and do gentle mobility exercises as tolerated.

So I did my "retail therapy" after the surgery followup--went back to the mall (a few blocks. away) to pick up some stuff I'd ordered from Williams-Sonoma, plug in my phone (was down to 32% power) & check texts & e-mail at the Apple Store, where I also bought a fast charger for use in the car; and to the Nespresso Boutique where I bought a new Aeroccino 4 frother (my 3 was in the process of biting the dust), which came with 5 free sleeves of Nespresso capsules. Then to the grocery (Jewel, for chopped liver, FairLife milk & Krispy Kremes--don't judge), CVS, and finally Whole Foods--to return a jar of truffle salt that smelled not like truffles but instead like rancid oil. Even though it was on the receipt, the bar code scanned "item not found." It had been the only jar of truffle salt on the display pedestal with the truffle oils, paté, & honey. The customer service clerk took one sniff and posited that was probably why it was discontinued. So I got a $20 WF gift card to use for the next time.

Kicking back tonight--and no alarm to set for tomorrow morning!

Aug 2, 2018 08:56AM Cubbie2015 wrote:

I talked to the MO's office this morning, and they want me to come in later this morning so the NP can take a look.

Aug 2, 2018 09:10AM octogirl wrote:

In your pocket, Cubbie!

Aug 2, 2018 01:22PM - edited Aug 2, 2018 01:24PM by Cubbie2015

The nurse practitioner says it might be a bug bite or might be a pimple, but does not look like anything breast cancer related to her. She said skin mets look different and that combined with how far away it is from the scar line means that she is not concerned at all. She said to keep putting hydrocortisone on it since that seems to be helping a little, and follow up with the dermatologist if it doesn't improve.

This is only the second time I've seen the NP, but she is awesome. I wish every CrazyTown resident could have an NP like her.

Aug 2, 2018 01:54PM Molly50 wrote:

Great news Cubby! M0mmy, so glad your scan went well! Lucy, so sorry about your SIL. Sandy, big hugs. You have a lot going on. Wyatt is still hanging in there but we have had two more calls to the FD and several near death episodes. We are exhausted to say the least.

54 years old. Chek2 mutation. Family history of BC. Oncotype Dx 13 Extensive LVI Dx 6/8/2015, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Dx 7/29/2015, DCIS, Left, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+ Surgery 7/29/2015 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Surgery 9/4/2015 Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 10/13/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 10/20/2015 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2016 Aromasin (exemestane) Surgery 7/22/2016 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 3/21/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Aug 2, 2018 04:37PM Lucy55 wrote:

((( Molly ))) ..So sorry ... sending love and prayers to you all .

Cubbie ..glad the NP is so good !

Hugs to all xx

Dx 8/27/2014, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/15/2014

Aug 3, 2018 01:41AM ChiSandy wrote:

Molly, you & Wyatt have been going through more than most people have to deal with in several consecutive lifetimes.

Cubbie, I had a zit atop my cleavage yesterday--hit it with benzoyl peroxide & bacitracin, and by this morning it was gone. You're never too old for acne...

Still in pain a day after root canal--and it keeps breaking through the acetaminophen & ibuprofen sooner than before the procedure. Think I will go back to 800mg. of Advil (endo said 600, plus 1000 mg Tylenol every 6 hrs) at 3 am, which'll be 4 hrs. since my last dose. Have a message in to her asking if this is normal, or if there's an extra unseen canal branch in the root (it happens) or more than one tooth involved.

Aug 3, 2018 03:34AM ChiSandy wrote:

Oh, and I spoke to the NP of the marijuana doc in Evanston and got the paperwork rolling. It'll take 2 appts. 3 wks apart to establish a lawful "treating physician" relationship (printouts of my patient portal After Visit summaries with my MO, and Rx label for my letrozole will suffice to prove my breast cancer; and she will examine & question me about the 22-yr-long intermittent muscle spasms & distortions in the muscles over my R tibial repair hardware to establish a dx of dystonia; and if I still experience pain that long after my root canal, that counts as "phantom pain" (some nerves remain after the body part they control--the root of the tooth--has been killed or removed) which is also a qualifying condition under IL state law. But the bc alone (not to mention joint pain from letrozole) should do it. It should take about 6 wks after filing the application at my second appt. for the cannabis card to arrive. Then she'll suggest the appropriate strains available in edibles (no weed to smoke nor vape due to asthma) I should ask for at my neighborhood dispensary--with high enough amts. of CBD and no or little THC, since I want pain relief, not a buzz.

Aug 3, 2018 06:03AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Just so happy the results were good. Congrats to others with good news.

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Aug 3, 2018 11:24AM Lucy55 wrote:

Iris ..Just checking up on you ...you've been a bit quiet lately ..need you to come here and make some noise 🤗

Aug 4, 2018 11:44AM proudtospin wrote:

hello all, been off the net for the last week or so as i some how messed my computer, no idea how I keep messing up. Ended up waiting til, Mr contractor came with his very nice and computer handy son. I need my own person computer programer! I now have lovely new storm windows, no torn screens and no broken seals!

Sorry my brain is so foggy but welcome to the new folks and may we all have good test results!

iris Dx 6/2008, DCIS, Stage 0, ER+ Dx 2/2017, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, 1/1 nodes, ER+, HER2+

Aug 4, 2018 08:38PM octogirl wrote:

glad it was just messed up technology keeping you off the interwebs, Iris! and glad to see you back!

Aug 5, 2018 09:09AM proudtospin wrote:

yeah, my contractors son fixed me up! Of course i am anxious for my next scan in sept

iris Dx 6/2008, DCIS, Stage 0, ER+ Dx 2/2017, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 3, 1/1 nodes, ER+, HER2+

Aug 5, 2018 05:04PM Adelozier wrote:

Hi, hope I'm posting this in the right place ... 14 months passed diagnosis. Masectomy. no Reconstruction... found a firm pea size lump deep in my arm pit in the shower today right where my "dog ear" flaps over my bra and my bra digs into me. I also have been working out ..weight training ect... could this be anything BUT a reoccurance? Crying as I'm a young mom..and honestly cant handle anymore.

Dx 5/2/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 5, 2018 11:19PM - edited Aug 5, 2018 11:20PM by ChiSandy

Could be scar tissue (or a deep callus from the irritation of the bra digging in), but do get it checked out.

Aug 6, 2018 01:41PM proudtospin wrote:

Adel, definitely get it checked but in my experience, lots of those sorts of things are benign

Yule this is the place for all crazies

Aug 6, 2018 09:31PM Lucy55 wrote:

Adel ..I agree with the others ..may well be something benign ..but I too think it's definitely something you should have checked ..let us know how you go with it ..

(( Iris .)).scans cause such anixety !!! My annual tests are this month ..it's all I can think about :-(

Hugs to all

Aug 6, 2018 10:01PM TaRenee wrote:

Sandy we can’t get that here in NC. I wish we could. I keep saying I’m going to go visit a state where it is legal and just see how it works. I hear Colorado is nice to visit..

Dx 7/29/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/14/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 9/25/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 3/29/2018 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Page 474 of 495 (14,842 results)