Join Us

We are 222,308 members in 83 forums discussing 162,449 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: CRAZY TOWN WAITING ROOM - TESTS coming up? All Stages Welcome.

Forum: Bonded by Breast Cancer —

For those who have met on Breastcancer.org and want to continue growing their cybersibling friendships beyond cancer.

Posted on: Jul 18, 2015 05:14PM - edited Feb 20, 2016 09:31PM by SlowDeepBreaths

SlowDeepBreaths wrote:

I'm hoping there isn't another thread like this. I did a search and saw one for stage 4, but nothing for everyone else. My very special friend on BCO (Tomboy), and I have talked about a Crazy Town thread for awhile now. I know she will be happy I finally took the bull by the horns!!

I wrote a little story about visiting Crazy Town last year on my blog, and I received some lovely emails from women all over the world talking about how terrifying those feelings can become. I thought I would share that story with my BCO sisters. I know many of you can relate to the craziness of worrying about recurrence or progression. I think my experience epitomizes the crazy place our minds can go. I've found when I can laugh at myself, I always feel better.

"My master bath has its own little room for the toilet. The sink, shower and tub are all in the same room. At night when I have to use the bathroom, I always turn on the closet light which is right next to my sink. This way I don't have to turn on all the lights above the sink. They are very bright and there are a lot of them. I do this so the brightness doesn't wake up my DH. Being the OCD person I am, I always wash my hands after using the restroom – even in the middle of the night.

One night last week, I was doing my usual ritual and I caught a glimpse of a big blackish/brown mark on the upper left side of my chest.This thing was huge. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest when I caught a glimpse of it. I'm sure many of you will know what I'm talking about - that feeling of dread.I ran my fingers over it and it felt raised. I couldn't imagine what it could be – it was SO big. I thought, "Oh great, here we go again, now I've got skin cancer." Then I decided to risk waking DH up by turning on the millions of lights above the sink. Then I got a closer look. UNBELIEVABLE!!……it was a piece of chocolate from a cookie I had eaten earlier!!!!! Apparently it had melted into my chest and I went to bed that way. Can you imagine?? Now if that doesn't give you a good laugh, I don't know what will. CRAZY TOWN!!!"

I have many stories since diagnosis. I call it going to Crazy Town. Some of them are funny, others not so much. I usually go there in the middle of the night when everyone is sleeping, and my mind wanders. There are no trains, planes or busses out of Crazy Town in the middle of the night. I also go there at times when I'm waiting on test results. I hope we can all share our Crazy Town stories. Talking about it has helped me to stay on the outskirts of the town. I've been really good about not visiting lately, but this week it's been a real challenge.

If you have tests coming up, or you just have a day where you're worried more than usual, or if you just want to hang out and chat, please stop in to visit. It is my hope we can have some fun here and get each other through on difficult days with humor, kindness and hugs!!

Much love to all,

Beppy ツ

P.S. If you've just been diagnosed, I strongly suggest starting a blog. Whether it be just for yourself, or you'd like to share it with others. It's been a good outlet to get my feelings out as well as a wonderful timeline to refer back to when needed.

Great info about breast cancer and PTSD:

http://www.healthline.com/health-news/cancer-treatment-leaves-survivors-with-ptsd-scars-031215#3

Dx 4/2016, TN mets to lung. VATS left upper lobe wedge resection. "Fall seven times, stand up eight" Japanese Proverb Dx 7/2013, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Dx 7/2013, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (FISH)

Page 529 of 529 (15,865 results)

Posts 15841 - 15865 (15,865 total)

May 6, 2021 03:55PM - edited May 6, 2021 03:56PM by octogirl

Hope all went well, LW! Let us know how you are doing.

M0mmy, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your heart feels lighter with memories of your cousin.

Lucy, I have finally resigned myself to the truth that Australia won't let me travel there in the fall. Maybe next year?

Virtual hugs to all;

Octogirl

Dx 6/18/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/16/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/9/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/15/2015 Hormonal Therapy 1/15/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 4/8/2016 Femara (letrozole)

May 6, 2021 05:00PM LW422 wrote:

M0mmy--my sympathies to you; sorry for your loss.

Thanks so much to ALL of you for your good wishes. I should have reported back earlier that my ultrasound was rescheduled for next week!! So I'll have my carryover "scanxiety" for another week. As for Taxol, it has really been easy for me; so thankful that I feel normal and without serious SEs. I'm cringing to think of AC starting in a couple of weeks, though!!

Dx 1/12/2021, IDC, Right, 1cm, Grade 3, ER-/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/20/2021, IBC, Right, Stage IIIC Chemotherapy 2/9/2021 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 5/18/2021 AC

May 7, 2021 10:47AM octogirl wrote:

In your pocket, LW!

Dx 6/18/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/16/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/9/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/15/2015 Hormonal Therapy 1/15/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 4/8/2016 Femara (letrozole)

May 20, 2021 09:06AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

ty all

Had outpatient surgery yesterday to remove the cyst on my left mastectomy scar. All went well, just a bit sore but Tylenol is taking care of it

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

May 20, 2021 01:37PM Lucy55 wrote:

Mommy...glad all went well with your surgery !

LW....hope all goes well for you !

Octo ..Yes ..overseas travellers definately won't be allowed in this year ...hopefully next year .!!!! 🤞..but who knows....Because we have been very lucky Covid wise ( thankfully only 6 Queensland deaths ) Australians aren't keen to get the vaccine ...and borders won't open until everyone is fully vaccinated...We have had our first vaccine ( three months between vaccines for us ) ...but the vast majority of people don't want it ...or don't want it until "they know more "...or it sneaks in and starts raging through the country ..that's always the fear ..people not vaccinated , and no herd immunity...

Hugs to all

Surgery 8/26/2014 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Dx 8/27/2014, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/14/2014 Surgery

May 20, 2021 03:55PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

ty Lucy

May 20, 2021 04:17PM LW422 wrote:

Thanks everyone. My scan results were good news; tumor shrunk and so did the lymph node, so woohoo!

In other news, I started AC on Tuesday and yesterday was pure hell. That stuff is harsh! Thank goodness there are only 3 more of those.

Dx 1/12/2021, IDC, Right, 1cm, Grade 3, ER-/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/20/2021, IBC, Right, Stage IIIC Chemotherapy 2/9/2021 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 5/18/2021 AC

May 20, 2021 09:59PM Lucy55 wrote:

LW ...yay 🎉...Great news !!!!

Surgery 8/26/2014 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Dx 8/27/2014, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/14/2014 Surgery

May 21, 2021 02:14AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Awesome LW!

May 24, 2021 11:28AM octogirl wrote:

yay LW!!!! Happy Dance!! Sorry the AC was harsh and hang in there.

Take care of yourself, M0mmy.

Fingers definitely crossed for 2022, Lucy. I think about you and Australia often.

May 25, 2021 02:15PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Saw my plastic surgeon today and everything is healing well. I’m a bit sad because if I need to see a plastic surgeon again in the near future it won’t be her anymore. She gave me a name for another plastic surgeon as she told me she is retiring.

May 25, 2021 07:00PM LW422 wrote:

Glad you got a good report, M0mmy. Too bad about your PS but maybe you'll like the new one just as much.

I seriously need to grow a pair and stop whining about freakin' chemo. It's something I have to do so let's get busy.

May 26, 2021 02:03AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

I pray I won’t have to see one anymore

May 26, 2021 09:32PM ChiSandy wrote:

LW, I remember reading in Dr. Susan Love's (or was it Elisa Port's?) breast cancer "Bible" that those about to undergo chemo with Adriamycin might develop an aversion to cherry Jello, popsicles or even Hawaiian punch because they'll forever associate that shade of transparent red with the I.V. bags of Red Devil.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

May 26, 2021 09:44PM ChiSandy wrote:

I'm circling the outskirts of Crazy Town myself right now. First, at my ocular-onc followup yesterday, he looked at the latest ultrasound scan and said that the melanoma grew by 0.2 mm (about the size of the period at the end of this sentence). He's not concerned because he said it's not unusual for these tumors to wax & wane during the year after being irradiated, but if it makes me feel any better he'll see me in July (a year after dx) rather than Aug. (a year after treatment). He also said it's not a true "ciliary body" melanoma but more of an "iris" melanoma--it's behind the lower edge of the iris near but not in the ciliary body--so it's a better prognosis. He admonished me for consulting Dr. Google (I failed to follow my own advice) because websites tend to generalize and my tumor is highly unique.

The other reason I'm freaking out a bit is that while I sat outside on the deck after dinner, I felt a sharp slight sting on my upper back...followed w/in 5 min. with sharp pain (like a very localized Charley-horse) radiating above & below. Bob looked at it and saw a bright red streak! He applied some Benadryl cream, and shortly afterward the redness had faded, the streak had gotten shorter but broader, with a pale raised welt in the center (with a lighted magnifier, he could see the tiny hole where the stinger--or skeeter's proboscis--had gone in). He took a photo, which I sent to my PCP, and then popped a couple of generic Benadryl. (No Xanax for me tonight unless I wanna stop breathing). But for the definite evidence of some sort of sting ot bite, and having gotten my Shingrix shots a couple of years ago, it sort of resembles a mild shingles rash. We'll see what happens in the a.m. when my PCP gets back to me.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

May 29, 2021 10:57PM mistyeyes wrote:

The tumor in your eye is scary. I am glad that your doctor keeps up with it and seems really good about explaining things. It is hard to stay away from google, I know that a few times I had myself in an emotional mess reading things. Hope the sting on your back ends up being nothing serious.

IDC right- Stage IIA, Grade 3,ER-,PR+,HER2+ Dx 11/15/2016, Right, PR+, HER2+

May 31, 2021 12:36PM ChiSandy wrote:

The evidence of the sting--welt & red patch--were totally gone by morning. Our neighborhood blog is full of posts about a plethora of biting flies. So I'm not slone.

Jun 5, 2021 10:20AM octogirl wrote:

glad the bite damage is gone Sandy! and given my eye tumor issues, I can definitely relate...lots of just watching to be sure it doesn't start growing again, my next MRI on my optic nerve tumor is coming up late this month...I don't mind the MRI, but i hate the scans and lights shining in my eyes...

Take care, all!

Octogirl

Jun 7, 2021 05:51PM Di2012 wrote:

Hi Ladies, I have been off here for a bit....BUT have been living in crazytown for a bit and finally getting my crazy thoughts and multiple lumps in my cancer side checked out with biopsies.......my breast were removed long ago and so were my implants.....I had a plastic surgeon doc at UW create bumps on my chest fill with fat from my inner thighs......I only have the lumps on BC side........so on Wed. I will have needle aspiration biopsies

Yikes!!!!

Di

Mentor 600cc HP gels moved towards armpits & exchanged 3/26/15 to Allergan410MF-580cc. Surgery 12/21/2012 Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 1/21/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/15/2013 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 7/15/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/31/2013 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction Surgery 3/26/2015 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 7/14/2015 Reconstruction (left) Dx 1cm

Jun 9, 2021 09:00PM ChiSandy wrote:

In your pocket, Di, for the biopsies.

Jun 10, 2021 02:17PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Been in pain all day from sciatica. Nothing I did helped until hubby went out and got some Icy Hot. Finally able to sit with a little bit of pain.

Jun 11, 2021 09:49PM ChiSandy wrote:

Ouch, M0mmy. I find relief from IcyHot's lidocaine roll-on, and Sagely's CBD/menthol spray. BioFreeze (menthol & arnica) works too.

Jun 12, 2021 05:35AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Did some stretches and applied more Icy Hot and I started feeling more like myself yesterday. Planning on doing more stretches today to see if it will help more.

Jun 12, 2021 11:01PM Lucy55 wrote:

Mommy ..glad you are getting some relief ...I find an electric heat pad helps ...a nice warm shower helps ...and wearing a back brace low ..so it gives me support where I need it .

Jun 13, 2021 06:35AM MCBaker wrote:

Epsom salt soak in tub. Nuked rice bags are good in bed, as they only get cooler--safety feature.

Mary Dx 10/3/2018, DCIS, Right, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR- Surgery 11/15/2018 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 11/16/2018, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 12/18/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 12/19/2018 Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 6/27/2019 Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Saline implant

Page 529 of 529 (15,865 results)