Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

bluedahlia
bluedahlia Member Posts: 302
edited April 2023 in Bonded by Breast Cancer

A little birdie told me to come back and save the day......

Comments

• bluedahlia
    bluedahlia Member Posts: 302
    edited June 2020

I will start it with this hilarious video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA_bFYuNUYw&feature=emb_rel_end

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited June 2020

Sarah Cooper is brilliant!

Here's a new one. Watch til the end!

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418
    edited June 2020

Blue, Thanks for setting up a new page. Everything is much faster now.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,163
    edited June 2020

sure is!!!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,690
    edited June 2020

Thank you!

This thread is showing up on active topics whereas the other did not.

• Artista928
    Artista928 Member Posts: 1,458
    edited June 2020

😀

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 5,973
    edited June 2020

Hey, bluedahlia! Good to see your Jim Morrison face!

Exbrnxgrl, I’m sure the Mods will get around to burying the thread as views expressed may be offensive to some.

• Artista928
    Artista928 Member Posts: 1,458
    edited June 2020

Anyone here in KY voting tomorrow to kick bitch mcconnell out?

• spookiesmom
    edited June 2020

Oh I hope Ky doesHes as bad, if not worse than liar in chief.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,830
    edited June 2020

Here's my first entree:

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032
    edited June 2020

Ruthbru, love it! So happy we have this thread!

• hikinglady
    hikinglady Member Posts: 625
    edited June 2020

Thanks, everyone, for keeping this thread active. It's where I come for some daily relief from The Crazy. Sarah Cooper is absolutely terrific and brilliant, for sure! Randy Rainbow is also pretty great--I think his work has been linked here before, but here's an example....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VBevEYELQ0

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,183
    edited June 2020

Blue, thank you so much! Glad to be here. Ruth, love that meme!

Moscow Mitch will still be on the ballot in Nov., as he faces no real primary opposition. But I hope progressives will (even if grudgingly) support McGrath, who is almost certainly going to win the Dem. nom.

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited June 2020

Thank you!

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 33,647
    edited June 2020

How fantastic -- a million thanks. Going to celebrate and find a meme.

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020

Image may contain: 2 people, meme, text that says 'A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS. American News X'

• spookiesmom
    edited June 2020

Saw the U of Michigan has declined to host the prez debate in October. Good for them. RNC then announced it would be moved to Miami. The hottest hot spot in Florida. Dumb shits. I think the mayor has ordered mandatory masks, will be interesting to see how that plays out.

So why not hold it in Palm Beach? Then they could gather at Mar A Lago and really spread it around. Or at the Villages in Ocala and spread it? All retirees there, high risk, take a bunch out, less voters, oh darn

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020

Having eyes, but not seeing beauty; having ears, but not hearing music; having minds, but not perceiving truth; having hearts that are never moved and therefore never set on fire. These are the things to fear, said the headmaster.

- Tetsuko Kuroyanagi -

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020

New meaning in spades for you can say that again!!

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'He cheats to win because he has no integrity. He brags about the rigged win as if it were genuine because he has no honor. American News X'

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020

Image may contain: 3 people, text

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020

Image may contain: 2 people, text that says 'Now, the untold prequel to "One Hand, One Cup": STRONGLY PRESIDENTIAL presents "11 degrees of pure adrenaline" "a white knuckle ride without a hand rail!" THE RAMP ..aheartwarming tale of red-blooded American courage..." available on DVD and YouTube forever.'

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020

Image may contain: text that says 'Jon Favreau @jonfavs Is the savage and near-universal mockery of Trump's crowd issues a little bit petty and ultimately meaningless? Probably. Do we deserve this fleeting moment of enjoyment here in 2020? Absolutely.'

• divinemrsm
    edited June 2020

Analysis: This is the most succinct — and brutal — Republican rejection of Donald Trump that you will ever read - by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large June 23, 2020

For all of the words that have been written and spoken about — and by — Donald Trump, it's often difficult to put a finger on what makes his presidency so incredibly abnormal.

Yes, he says (and tweets) things that no past president would ever utter publicly. Yes, he operates without any sort of blueprint or plan, choosing instead to wing it. Yes, he takes credit for everything and blame for nothing. Yes, he has upended decades' worth of carefully crafted relationships with friends -- and enemies -- around the world.

But there's just SO much to say about the radicalness of Trump that it all sort of cancels itself out.

(It reminds me of a Simpsons episode where ancient tycoon Monty Burns decides to get a physical. A set of tests is run. And the doctor informs Burns he is "the sickest man in the entire United States. You have everything." And yet, Mr. Burns is healthy. Why? Because all of the diseases in his body are jamming each other up as they try to attack his body. "We call it 'Three Stooges Syndrome,'" the doctor tells Mr. Burns. Watch it here.)

Every once in a while, however, someone is able to break through the clutter -- and nail exactly what it is that makes Trump so unorthodox as president. Over the weekend, Steve Schmidt, who ran John McCain's 2008 campaign for president, was that person in an interview on MSNBC.

Here's his analysis of Trump, which ran almost exactly two minutes (and special shout-out to CNN's Allison Gordon for the transcription!):

"Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a consequential president. And he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness.

"When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don't use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We've never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.

"It's just astonishing that this man is president of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something that he never was. A successful businessman. Well, he's the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he's brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale. And let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office behind the Resolute Desk."

Like I said: It's brutal. But it's also a decidedly succinct assessment of what Trump's conduct in office -- from coronavirus to protests over police brutality and back -- have meant to the Republican Party and the country.

Now, Schmidt is without question a leading voice in the "Never Trump" movement. He is a founder of The Lincoln Project, an effort aimed at beating Trump in November.

But Schmidt is also a lifelong Republican. He worked for Lamar Alexander's 2000 presidential campaign. He worked on Capitol Hill for Republicans. He served as the communications director of the House GOP's campaign arm. He helped shepherd Arnold Schwarzenegger, a Republican, to the California governorship. He managed McCain's campaign.

This is not someone who has had an on-again, off-again relationship with the Republican Party. Schmidt has been partisan fighter for the bulk of his professional life. He has been a Republican for a lot longer than Donald Trump has been one.

And so, while it may be easy for Trump loyalists to dismiss Schmidt's condemnation of the President, it's not that simple. Yes, Schmidt is someone who has made no secret of his distaste for Trump. But that doesn't mean that all of what he says about the President above is wrong. Or should be ignored

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Oh how I hope that is what Tulsa started. I hope it is not poor imagination on my part, but I really can't see a whole lot of people wanting this total flop and misfit hanging around after this. If so, let him hang around in a jail cell

Divine -- excellent piece above. I have admired Steve Schmidt for some time.

• divinemrsm
    edited June 2020

Illinois Lady, I hope it's a farewell tour, too. Altho the dude from the polling site 538 says Trump can still win even with low approval ratings and being behind in polls now. However, 538 has to cover their butts saying such a thing since their prediction was so horrifically wrong last presidential election.

It was mentioned here that someone had a friend or acquaintance that said supporting Trump made her feel powerful. I think that's why his fan base support him, they are power hungry. Some women don't grasp that their very support of the patriarchy is what robs them of personal power and to feel like they have any, they try hooking their wagon to men who wield the power. In a conversation with someone like that, I would ask nicely, “Are your beliefs truly yours, or have you been conditioned by society that women should think that way?" My approach is to plant seeds of doubt. I don't really expect an answer. I sometimes end my point of view by saying, “You may not agree with everything I say, but maybe ask yourself if there isn't at least some element of truth to it."

Someone else mentioned they won't be getting together with family for the 4th. Same here. I've been queen of “be the nice, polite one, tolerate family members, no fighting", but enough. Too many Trumpers in the fam trolling for an argument and getting off on trying to push my buttons. When two or more are gathered in Trump's name, they feed off of each other. I have to distance anyway due to the oral chemo and I know there would be too many snide remarks about face masks and how coronavirus is blown out of proportion. Why set myself up for ridicule and criticism.

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited June 2020

He's at a church right now with about 3000 Covidiots.

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020

We share with all life the capacity for feeling, the experience of having a body, mind, and heart in continual interface with countless other bodies, minds, and hearts. Our capacity to feel deeply means we share with all life the possibility of experiencing delight, joy, trust, and intimacy, just as we share in the capacity to experience pain, sorrow, grief, and fear. Living within a physical body, we all share the experience of aging, frailty, illness, and death, just as we share the precious times of strength, health, safety, and vitality. Through our minds we share the capacity to experience confusion, agitation, and complexity, just as we share the possibilities of serenity, clarity, and balance. An understanding of this profound interconnectedness of all life is at the root of the compassionate heart dedicated to alleviating suffering without reservation or exception. -Christina Feldman

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020

Image may contain: text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot Donald Trump: "COVID, COVID-19, COVID. said what's the 19? COVID-19 Some people can't explain the 19." 19 stands for the year the virus started, shithead. 2019. 19 is also your IQ.'

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032
    edited June 2020

Jackie, so true, lol! Winking

• illinoislady
    edited June 2020

Unbelievable to listen to this orange dolt. I would like to think he knew what he was doing. He only knows what worked before though and it is the only thing he is capable of doing now. I just feel each time he behaves like this he goes down further. I'm not saying that we couldn't all get the surprise of our lives again -- though I do think it not nearly as possible now as it was then.

Polls numbers this a.m. were horrific. I can't ( at this time anyway ) see them getting better. They could, but I think in the end if he were able to get over the top it will be mainly due to suppressions and last minute dirty tricks and doing what the R's find possible for nullifying voter and voters. It is going to be interesting to see what shows up as Trump tries to dismiss the virus from existence while holding events in spiking virus states.