Topic: I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Forum: Bonded by Breast Cancer — For those who have met on Breastcancer.org and want to continue growing their cybersibling friendships beyond cancer.

Posted on: Jun 22, 2020 04:40PM

Posted on: Jun 22, 2020 04:40PM

bluedahlia wrote:

A little birdie told me to come back and save the day......

But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz.
Log in to post a reply

Page 369 of 1,347 (13,461 results)

Log in to post a reply

Oct 13, 2020 04:55PM illinoislady wrote:

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-
Log in to post a reply

Oct 13, 2020 05:01PM jelson wrote:

exbrnxgirl_ I may have found her on FB. If not the correct Olivia Bennett, still a remarkable articulate activist!! https://www.facebook.com/cody.hayes.18847

Dx 4/17/2009, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR+
Log in to post a reply

Oct 13, 2020 05:55PM chisandy wrote:

LOL, Jackie! (Kanye has a TV spot out--at this point, I think even he has more campaign $ than 45).

What worries me the most about Barrett is not her danger to reproductive rights or the ACA. It's her refusal to commit to recuse herself from any 2020 election cases--her explanation about "not wanting to interfere with the process" (my paraphrase of her quote, which I don't have handy right now) is cryptic, vague and weasel-y. There is a chance that in order to be consistent with her past recusals from death penalty cases, she might recuse herself from those involving abortion. And quite frankly, even a 5-3 conservative SCOTUS would likely overturn Roe/Casey and the ACA--as well as be hostile to labor and civil rights cases--anyway. But I am also extremely concerned about a law review article in which she signaled approval of "separate but equal" workplace racial arrangements.

I salute all those e-mails urging petitions against her confirmation. But quite frankly, when have petitions ever worked at the Senatorial level? McCain gave thumbs-down on Trumpcare not because of public pressure but rather his own principles (especially as someone with a major pre-existing condition).

(For those who haven't followed other BCO threads on which I've posted the following):

Meanwhile, on a personal level, we're getting COVID-tested Thursday, because we found out Sun. night that we were unwittingly exposed Sat. afternoon. Our son's boyhood friend (an L.A.-based director visiting his dad in Oak Lawn long-term) won a raffle to have a local theater show his movie (released to streaming a couple of years ago), privately on that day only, with only 10 invitees in the 300-seat theater & adjacent lounge, socially-distanced & masked. Bob & I wore KN95 masks the whole time, pulling them down only for each sip of our drinks after the movie (and Bob went outside on the sidewalk to drink so he could also smoke). But this kid plopped himself down next to our son Gordy & his girlfriend (telling the usher he was part of their "party"), eating popcorn & drinking beer right next to Gordy for half the flick, keeping his mask fully off till he was finished eating & drinking. Then he made the rounds in the lounge taking questions about the making of the film--again, with his mask down around his chin. He was across the table from me for a total of 5-10 min. (the CDC doesn't consider that sufficient "contact," but still...). However, after Bob & I left with our BFFs (whom we hadn't seen since January) to go to dinner, this kid hung out with Gordy & girlfriend--plus another friend--in the lounge for another 40 min. Then they had him over to their house (unmasked, though distanced) for 1/2 hr. before taking an Uber (masked) downtown to dinner at a steakhouse that had just opened this past week. They wore their masks only when waitstaff were near. It was Gordy's & his girlfriend's first indoor restaurant meal since before the shutdown in March.

The kid is the son of my retinologist, an old family friend who is also dating Bob's medical partner. Said retinologist was double-masked, but I didn't find that unusual because almost every doctor or dentist I've seen does that. Turns out that on Friday, one of his dad's office staff reported a household member was symptomatic and tested positive--so the whole office plus the kid got tested Friday. So all day Sat. they were awaiting test results. Had we been notified, we'd never have gone to the event--which was likely the whole point of not telling us, lest the movie play to an empty house. Sunday night he group-texted us all that he'd tested COVID+, though his dad & staff were negative. (IMHO, his dad & staff need retesting, because the day of exposure is too soon to give a reliably-negative result. So early a test can only rule in an infection, not rule it out--which is why the rest of us are waiting till Thurs., day 5 post-exposure, to be tested).

So on advice of the doctors whose appointments this week I've had to postpone, I'm quarantining--venturing no further than my fenced-in backyard or (masked) on the porch to accept deliveries or gather mail--until the 24th. Bob, though, isn't--he says he's had longer & closer exposures occasionally, albeit being masked. (He wears his mask even when walking from the garage to the house). He also wasn't as near to the "culprit" as was I, nor for even a minute.



Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/22/2015 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right) Radiation Therapy 11/1/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2015 Femara (letrozole)
Log in to post a reply

Oct 13, 2020 05:59PM betrayal wrote:

DH delivered my mail-in ballot to post office today. So I should receive email notice when it is received by election bureau.

Way to go Gov. Cuomo for closing the loophole.

Love the farewell tour meme. Shame that Covid didn't close it for him since his apparent recovery diminishes the deaths of those who succumbed to the disease. However, I do want him to be subjected to legal ramifications for his tax cheating.

Surgery 2/1/2016 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left) Surgery 2/1/2016 Lymph node removal Surgery 3/4/2016 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left) Radiation Therapy 3/31/2016 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/25/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 5/19/2017 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 6/16/2020 Aromasin (exemestane)
Log in to post a reply

Oct 13, 2020 06:47PM - edited Oct 13, 2020 06:51PM by glennie19

I love Mayor Pete!!! He is so awesome!!

And KUDOS to Gov. Cuomo for closing the loophole!!

And the Farewell tour! YES!

I needed some bright spots,, it's just been so depressing,,, 3 more weeks,,, gotta hold on.

ETA: Oh, Sandy!! I'm so sorry to hear about this. That is very distressing and so irresponsible! I am hoping for negative results for you.


Fibromyalgia and Truncal Lymphedema,,, some of the fun things I live with. Total hysterecomy 9/29/14 Prophy MX Righty 11/30/17 Dx 6/27/2013, Paget's, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/8/2013 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Dx DCIS
Log in to post a reply

Oct 13, 2020 07:14PM ruthbru wrote:

Oh for goodness sakes, Sandy, hope you all stay okay. We are having lots of cases around here....including people I know. Very alarming!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-
Log in to post a reply

Oct 13, 2020 07:16PM jack5ie wrote:

This was released today just in time to be seen before Trump's PA rally today. Another reason to love Bruce.


Dx 7/2009, IDC, Left, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 4/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/1/2009 TAC Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2010 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 2/1/2010 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left) Radiation Therapy 5/1/2010 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 7/1/2010 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Hormonal Therapy 8/1/2015 Femara (letrozole) Dx 12/2017, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx 6/2021 Targeted Therapy Piqray (alpelisib) Radiation Therapy External Radiation Therapy External Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Local Metastases Brain Local Metastases Radiation therapy: Bone
Log in to post a reply

Oct 13, 2020 07:22PM illinoislady wrote:

Had to get a hew monitor and lost my sound. Thank goodness JACKsIE I was able a minute ago to figure out how to restore it. BS came through loud and clear.


Maybe cause birds of a feather, ya know !!

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-
Log in to post a reply

Oct 13, 2020 07:26PM illinoislady wrote:

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-
Log in to post a reply

Oct 13, 2020 07:32PM illinoislady wrote:

Barrett:


Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 369 of 1,347 (13,461 results)

Scroll to top button