Topic: I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Forum: Bonded by Breast Cancer — For those who have met on Breastcancer.org and want to continue growing their cybersibling friendships beyond cancer.

Posted on: Jun 22, 2020 01:40PM

Posted on: Jun 22, 2020 01:40PM

bluedahlia wrote:

A little birdie told me to come back and save the day......

But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz.

Page 392 of 1,666 (16,660 results)

Oct 18, 2020 10:07AM mountainmia wrote:

these people are nuts

The rain comes and the rain goes, but the mountain remains. I am the mountain.

Oct 18, 2020 10:18AM trishyla wrote:

I have stopped saying "it can't get any worse than this". Because then it does. 2020 has been the year from hell for my family.

1. Donald Trump as President

2. A global Pandemic

3. Both my husband and I are out of work due to the Pandemic shutdown. No stimulus means disaster for our household.

4. Record breaking heat here in California. We've had over 10 weeks without a break from 90 plus degree heat, including many over 100 degrees.

5. Worst wildfire season ever in California. The Bobcat fire is fairly close to us. We haven't been able to be outside or even open our windows in 6 weeks.

6. I broke my ankle in June. It still hasn't healed properly. I'm looking for a new orthopedist. I'll likely need surgery.

7. To top it off, we had and 6.4 earthquake centered less than ten miles from our home. I hate earthquakes. They terrify me. Didn't sleep for weeks afterward.

8. My father in law died last month and we couldn't go to his funeral. It was in Arizona, during the peak of their outbreak and my husband was working on his one and only film before they shut down until sometime next year. They wouldn't allow him on set if he travelled outside of LA.

9. I either have an horrendous sinus infection or TNBC mets to the brain. So dizzy and off balance I can barely walk. In normal years I'd put my money on the sinus infection. This year? Who the hell knows. Starting antibiotics today. Wish me luck.

In the future, when some asks me about this year I'm just gonna say "2020? We don't talk about that time. Ever."

Dx 8/30/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 8/30/2016, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 9/6/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 9/28/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 4/4/2017 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (Right): DIEP flap Chemotherapy 8/4/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine)

Oct 18, 2020 10:18AM - edited Oct 18, 2020 10:19AM by magiclight

Netflix has a documentary "The Social Dilemma" hosted by several computer experts discussing the monetary, ethical, social, psychological and addicting qualities of social networks. The ease with which truth becomes questioned, as in the Qanon example, is compelling, as is the argument that users of social media are considered products not customers. Just a few clicks on conspiracy theory and the algorithms will then show that user more and more conspiracy sites. Down the rabbit hole one goes.

Surgery 4/26/2015 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right) Dx IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, HER2- Surgery

Oct 18, 2020 10:31AM trishyla wrote:

Sorry for the whiney rant. Just had enough of 2020. And Trump and...

Dx 8/30/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 8/30/2016, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 9/6/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 9/28/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 4/4/2017 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (Right): DIEP flap Chemotherapy 8/4/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine)

Oct 18, 2020 10:39AM mountainmia wrote:

I'm with you, Trishyla. I've had years that were personally worse, but this is the worst ever (in my life so far) from a more universal standpoint. Sorry for the troubles.

No worries about the rant. I hope the antibiotic kicks in quickly and takes care of your dizziness. You know, even if it's not a sinus infection, it could easily be something else, like benign positional vertigo. So don't give up yet!

The rain comes and the rain goes, but the mountain remains. I am the mountain.

Oct 18, 2020 11:09AM - edited Oct 18, 2020 12:24PM by illinoislady

Rants are okay. Actually, I rather hear a rant from someone I know -- the amt. of my sympathy is about the same but it feels much better directed if I actually know the ranter. Besides, we all need some of that, and more than ever before.

As far as Q-Anon or any place that offers conspiracies, I try just to find out what they are and then don't bother much with them. Magiclight, the way you characterized the conspiracy theorist and how they get started was a world of education for me. I really didn't have much reality on how the rt. wing found some of the far out places they do to. It makes sense if they are spoon fed by algorithm.

Tells me why some of the people I formerly respected seem to have gone to the dogs, so to speak. I feel such utter frustration, because many of these people do good things, and I hate to walk away, but if nothing can bring them to their senses then I won't be having any reason to hang with them.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Oct 18, 2020 11:50AM trill1943 wrote:

Trish, so sorry to hear of what you and your family have been through this year...wow.....hope they get some sort of stimulus package together to help families like yours......

A suggestion, for what it's worth--from personal experience--I had dizziness that drove me nuts--rather, it drove me to have to lie down constantly. Then I took some anti-vertigo Bonine and it went away. Might give it a try. Hope the antibiotics help.....

Dx 10/31/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/13/2015 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Right)

Oct 18, 2020 12:13PM ruthbru wrote:

Rant away! It helps to have people who 'get it' even a little.

I wish JFK Jr's ghost would come back, accept the VP offer, and scare Donald literally to death. A ghost Kennedy president would be a 100% improvement over what we have right now.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Oct 18, 2020 12:17PM beaverntx wrote:

Ruth, πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Diagnosed at age 77-- Oncotype 17, dealing with this bump in the road of life!!πŸŽ† Dx 1/24/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/30/2018, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0 Surgery 1/30/2018 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Right): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 3/11/2018 Whole breast: Breast Surgery 6/15/2018 Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Oct 18, 2020 12:23PM serenitystat wrote:

Trish - What you're going through is worthy of a rant. Hope things improve for you.

Magiclight - I haven't seen the documentary, but since I've been watching more YT, I noticed a change in its recommendations after subscribing to the Lincoln Project and the Meidas Touch. It started showing extreme right and left channels. I've been blocking them. I don't want to see RT or OANN.

🌻 πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ BCO leaked our private data. πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ . . . . . "Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) 🐢Dx.11/2015.IDC.L.IIIC.10/11nodes.++- β˜•οΈ12/2015.L.Mast πŸ›€2/2016.4AC.12Taxol.fasted πŸ–Ό9/2016.Rads.Nodes.ChestWall.15+4boosts πŸ₯10/2016.Tamox(2.5y) 🌲4/2019.Exemestane 🎭12/2019.Ibrance/Xgeva πŸ•Š

Page 392 of 1,666 (16,660 results)

Scroll to top button