Topic: I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Forum: Bonded by Breast Cancer — For those who have met on Breastcancer.org and want to continue growing their cybersibling friendships beyond cancer.

Posted on: Jun 22, 2020 04:40PM

Posted on: Jun 22, 2020 04:40PM

bluedahlia wrote:

A little birdie told me to come back and save the day......

But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz.
Log in to post a reply

Page 5 of 1,416 (14,159 results)

Log in to post a reply

Jun 24, 2020 04:31PM illinoislady wrote:

I pretty much agree but we are stuck with him and his band of misfits for now.


Image may contain: 1 person, text that says '"Unfit to be president? Donald Trump is unfit to be human." CALL TO ACTIVISM -Ana Navarro'

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-
Log in to post a reply

Jun 24, 2020 04:40PM illinoislady wrote:

I put this on FB just now. I'd like to think some of my relatives especially would drop some of their clown hero worship and really think this over. This man is bent on going against almost all normal human beings to help the Reps. destroy democracy as we know it.


Image may contain: text that says 'TRUMP HAS DONE MORE TO PROTECT DEAD STATUES FROM PROTESTERS THAN He HAS TO PROTECT LIVING AMERICANS FROM A PANDEMIC. RIDIN' WITH BIDEN'

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-
Log in to post a reply

Jun 24, 2020 04:45PM pupmom wrote:

I think Joe's VP will be Kamala Harris. I'm not just saying this because I really like her (which I do), but the pundits are all saying the same thing.

Life is what happens while we're making other plans. Dx 10/18/2011, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 2/21 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-
Log in to post a reply

Jun 24, 2020 04:54PM illinoislady wrote:

I could be fine with her and I'm sure she would help get the right AG in place. Kamala Harris is no nonsense and would I know work really, really hard. I too have admired her.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-
Log in to post a reply

Jun 24, 2020 05:07PM pupmom wrote:

A lot of people are saying that if she doesn't get the VP job, she would be perfect for AG. I agree, but hope she is VP.

Life is what happens while we're making other plans. Dx 10/18/2011, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 2/21 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-
Log in to post a reply

Jun 24, 2020 05:16PM - edited Jun 24, 2020 05:21PM by divinemrsm

Pupmom, I didn't know the pundits were saying it, but I agree with you that I think she'll be the VP pick. And for all the right political reasons, experienced, knows her stuff, etc. and at age 55, not too young or too old. But also because she's attractive and will look good next to Biden. Also, easy last name. I was pretty sure “Klobuchar" wasn't going to make the cut and not just because she pulled out saying she wants a woman of color to be the VP candidate. People cast their vote for a candidate for many different reasons, some more superficial than others.

Plus, Harris pulled out of VP contention early citing she didn't have the funds to pursue the nomination. Then she was quick to throw support behind Biden. My opinion is a deal was made that she'd be his likely running mate if she did that. Let's see how it unfolds.



found lump 12-22-10—ilc—er+/pr+/her2—stage iv bone mets—chemo~lumpectomy~radiation~arimidex—March 2019-ibrance/aromasin* —Sept 2019-verzenio* —March 2020-xeloda*
Log in to post a reply

Jun 24, 2020 05:35PM jack5ie wrote:

I liked Kamala a lot until she threw Joe under the bus during the debates.

I will also vote for Joe no matter who he picks but I think his choice may help with those that are on the fence.

ETA...what the heck is happening with this site?!!! Posting has been weird.

Dx 7/2009, IDC, Left, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 4/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/1/2009 TAC Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2010 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 2/1/2010 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left) Radiation Therapy 5/1/2010 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 7/1/2010 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Hormonal Therapy 8/1/2015 Femara (letrozole) Dx 12/2017, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx 6/2021 Targeted Therapy Piqray (alpelisib) Radiation Therapy External Radiation Therapy External Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Local Metastases Brain Local Metastases Radiation therapy: Bone
Log in to post a reply

Jun 24, 2020 05:40PM exbrnxgrl wrote:

No candidate for VP, or any office, will be perfect. We all need to put away the purity tests. If we look for someone who has never done or said something we disagreed with, never misspoke, never changed their mind or made an error, then we will never approve of anyone. At least anyone human

Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2-
Log in to post a reply

Jun 24, 2020 05:52PM - edited Jun 24, 2020 05:56PM by divinemrsm

When Lincoln was elected president, he turned around and made some of his strongest rivals members of his cabinet. Obama took a page out of Lincoln's playbook & did the same thing, apparently surprising staunch rival Hillary Clinton when he tapped her for Secretary of State.


found lump 12-22-10—ilc—er+/pr+/her2—stage iv bone mets—chemo~lumpectomy~radiation~arimidex—March 2019-ibrance/aromasin* —Sept 2019-verzenio* —March 2020-xeloda*
Log in to post a reply

Jun 24, 2020 06:21PM - edited Jun 24, 2020 06:55PM by chisandy

Definitely enough already with the purity tests! People are pulling down statues of figures who were not racists nor slaveowners, just because a government put them up. In Madison, WI, a statue of a Swedish immigrant ABOLITIONIST (!!!!) was not only pulled down but thrown into Lake Monona, and so was a symbolic statue of a generic figure called "Onward," a monument erected to honor progressivism in the movement's early days. NYC is removing Teddy Roosevelt's statue from the Museum of Natural History because he is on a horse while an African-American and a Native American are flanking him on foot, below (even though their figures are just as tall as his). The statue was commissioned to show his commitment to all races (and he is mounted on a horse and thus higher up not because he is white but because is a President); but revisionist purists are saying it's racist because his figure, mounted on a horse, is likely a deliberate statement that nonwhites are inferior. (Why can't they just alter the statue to put the African-American and Native American on pedestals so they are on the same level as the President)? And every white European who was the first non-indigenous person to set foot on a part of American soil is now being re-cast as a racist genocidal colonizer.

Look, Malcolm Nance (an African-American national security expert and MSNBC analyst who is definitely a liberal--and who adeptly slammed Andrew Sullivan for mischaracterizing BLM as a "terrorist" movement) said it best last Friday night on Real Time with Bill Maher: Confederate monuments must be removed because the Confederacy was the enemy of the United States and Confederate officers were traitors; but Presidents such as Washington and Jefferson, even though they owned slaves (Washington eventually freed his) and were wealthy Virginia planters, were indispensible to founding this country as a democracy. In fact, Nance considers Washington his favorite President, with Lincoln second.*

Have we Democrats learned nothing from our purer-than-thou hyperreaction in support of the "Me Too" movement--e.g., hounding Al Franken out of office even though it was later proven his accusers were Trump supporters paid by his campaign? Remember, "when they go low, we go high" sounds noble, even logical--except the higher we go, the easier it is to get kicked in the nuts by the "low" guys. And it's hard, if not impossible, to govern from the "high road" when the levers of power, and the governed, are out of reach on the ground below.


*Andrew Jackson's statues (wherever they are) are fair game, however: he was not just a slaveowner and racist--practically a Trump with a law degree--but a perpetrator of genocide against the Cherokee Nation. He seized their lands in the eastern US because moneyed whites wanted to develop them for their own ends, and sent them on the Trail of Tears to the Oklahoma Territory--a slo-mo massacre.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right) Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Page 5 of 1,416 (14,159 results)

Scroll to top button