Topic: Long term "high oncotype test" survivors

Forum: High Risk of Recurrence or Second Breast Cancer — Managing high recurrence risk or high risk of developing a second breast cancer.

Posted on: Aug 8, 2008 01:54PM

Posted on: Aug 8, 2008 01:54PM

1OUgirl wrote:

Is there any long term survivors who have had a high oncotype score.  I know that this test is relatively new but I also know that it has been on the market at least 4 years.  So I know that "long term" regarding this test isn't very long term.  I had it done 3 years and 4 months ago.  My oncotype score was 52.  My onc told me that the test had been on the market only about 8 months.  I'm just curious about others who have had an extremely high score and are still clear (so to speak).  I am doing great with no signs of any kind.  Is there alot of others out there?  By the way, I love this site.

Dx 4/1/2005, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+, HER2- Surgery Lumpectomy: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Latissimus dorsi flap; Reconstruction (right): Saline implant

Page 20 of 65 (650 results)

Dec 11, 2015 09:37PM Warrior_Woman wrote:

My ability to understand oncology and study data has grown enormously since my diagnosis. Frankly, this is information I would have preferred to have never learned.

BarredOwl - I always appreciate your informed posts. I'm having a difficult time reconciling some of the numbers from various studies. The research you're citing leads me to believe the recurrence rates are not terribly high compared with studies that show significantly higher systemic recurrence rates. Does any of this make sense to you?

Wildflower - I too have a higher recurrence risk than what the study suggests. It makes me think my tumor was far more aggressive than anyone revealed to me. I just don't know.

IOUgirl - Good for you. I love to see women doing well many years out. I look forward to the day this looks like a blip on the radar.

Neurofibromatosis type 1, BMX & a total of 11 surgeries, chemo and hormonal treatment. FU cancer. I'm better than ever! Dx 9/2013, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 10/2013, LCIS, 0/1 nodes Dx 12/2013, DCIS, 0/1 nodes Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane) Chemotherapy Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Dec 11, 2015 10:07PM - edited Mar 10, 2018 04:41PM by BarredOwl

This Post was deleted by BarredOwl.
Stage IA IDC, 9/2013 BMX. Right: IDC (1.5 mm, grade 2) with DCIS (5+ cm), 0/4 nodes, pN0. Left: DCIS (5+ cm), 0/1 node, pN0(i+).

Dec 12, 2015 10:36AM Warrior_Woman wrote:

Thanks BarredOwl. I like the numbers for this study. I like any study that gives me a better chance.

Neurofibromatosis type 1, BMX & a total of 11 surgeries, chemo and hormonal treatment. FU cancer. I'm better than ever! Dx 9/2013, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 10/2013, LCIS, 0/1 nodes Dx 12/2013, DCIS, 0/1 nodes Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane) Chemotherapy Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Dec 14, 2015 11:33PM - edited Mar 10, 2018 04:41PM by BarredOwl

This Post was deleted by BarredOwl.
Stage IA IDC, 9/2013 BMX. Right: IDC (1.5 mm, grade 2) with DCIS (5+ cm), 0/4 nodes, pN0. Left: DCIS (5+ cm), 0/1 node, pN0(i+).

Dec 16, 2015 09:57AM Golden01 wrote:

Thank you for sharing. I fell into that dreaded intermediate group and, while I try to never second-guess my decisions, these numbers were reassuring -distant recurrence rate for intermediate 5.6% with chemotherapy and 5.3% without. After a second opinion at the NCI designated research center in my state, I decided to pass on the chemotherapy. I know that we make the best decisions we can with the information we have at the time but if these numbers had been different for the intermediate range, it would be hard not to feel I should have gone with the first doctor's recommendations.

Mucinous Carcinoma, Hypercellular Variant; Oncotype DX 27, Dx 7/8/2011, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 7/20/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jan 15, 2016 06:14PM nottoday wrote:

Barred Owl,

Thanks so much for pointing out the SABC abstract. I had missed it, and it's good to see an update on DFS by RS. The big push for AIs came only after this study, so maybe those will push down that 5-year KM estimate a bit.

Dx 7/23/2014, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/22/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 3/19/2015 Aromasin (exemestane)

Jan 16, 2016 02:53PM QuinnCat wrote:

I love this thread and thank you to all of the contributors!

JoJo - I am 4 years out from surgery (chemo followed) and my Oncoscore 39. Luminal B.

IOUgirl and other longterm survivors that have posted...I very much appreciate your posts!

Mar 11, 2016 12:12AM thinkingpositive wrote:

my pathology report mentioned nothing about luminal a or b ?? How or what determines this? I unfortunately did not have the oncotype test. Do all grade 3 generally have very high oncotype scores and does node positive, Lvi increase the score?

Dx 9/2014, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/23/2014 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant, Tissue Expander; Reconstruction (Right): Silicone implant Chemotherapy 12/5/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Mar 11, 2016 12:57AM meow13 wrote:

Doing OK at 4 years oncodx was 34, I chose no chemo just AIs

Mar 11, 2016 10:28AM Golden01 wrote:

Good for you Meow13! My score was 27 and I did not do chemo either, (one MO recommended, MO at NCI research center did not), and am five years out doing fine. Wasn't an easy decision but once I made it, I've done my best to not look back.

Mucinous Carcinoma, Hypercellular Variant; Oncotype DX 27, Dx 7/8/2011, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 7/20/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 20 of 65 (650 results)

Scroll to top button