Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Chicken Eggs and ER+?

greenfrog
greenfrog Member Posts: 73

Hello

I just wondered how people who were adjusting their diet felt about egg consumption.

In my thoroughly unscientific mind I equate an egg to oestrogen. I mean, a chicken egg must surely contain some oestrogen - mustn't it?!

Comments

• AccidentalTourist
    AccidentalTourist Member Posts: 72
    edited November 2008

Not sure on the estrogen issue but one (organic) egg a day was recommended to me during rads, I think mainly for zinc intake. 

• coffeeluvr
    coffeeluvr Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2008

I haven't heard anything about eggs and ER+ (which I am too).

• kalyla
    kalyla Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2008

I'm 95% ER+ and Hate to eat eggs. I think it's an interesting theory though.

• koshka1
    koshka1 Member Posts: 93
    edited October 2008

ya know.....

it would make sense  that eggs are mainly estrogen and all hormones due to the fact that they are basically embryos......

i have never confirmed whether they are good to eat for er +....

i would be interested to find out....

hugs kosh

hugs kosh

• wallycat
    wallycat Member Posts: 1,219
    edited November 2008

I didn't know chickens made estrogen....

I don't think it has anything to do with it ;)

• geraldinemacd
    geraldinemacd Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013

I read a newspaper article some years ago ( about 15 years ago0 , taken from a study done, that chicken meat contains a lot of oestrogen, and that anyone who is worried about breast cancer, or in whose family there has been breast cancer, should eat little or no chicken.

How much natural oestrogen there is in eggs i don't know but chickens are fed with so much hormones, soy, antibiotics and chemicals that we must be very afraid. I assume there is oestrogen in eggs.

• melissadallas
    melissadallas Member Posts: 929
    edited June 2013

The only reason to limit eggs is when you are generally trying to limit the animal fat in your diet. Not because eggs have estrogen.

• melissadallas
    edited June 2013

I should add that eggs are a great source of vitamin D and most of us are trying to get/keep those levels up.

• dogsandjogs
    dogsandjogs Member Posts: 677
    edited June 2013
  • melissadallas
    edited June 2013

She gives no scientific backing to her claims.