We are 225,817 members in 82 forums discussing 158,470 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: The Gluten-Free Life

Forum: Healthy Recipes for Everyday Living — A place to share our "healthier" recipes and food tips for everyday life.

Posted on: Nov 13, 2013 06:38PM

Blessings2011 wrote:

Hi, everyone...

I know that "gluten-free" foods have been mentioned in many different threads all over BCO, but I thought I'd start a topic devoted to Gluten-Free living.

I don't have Celiac, but two years ago I went on a medically-supervised liquid fast. I was amazed that my fibromyalgia pain (that I'd suffered from for at least ten years) almost disappeared. Then I discovered that the products I was consuming were totally gluten-free. I'd gone on an elimination diet without knowing it!

Since then, I've eliminated gluten from my diet as best I can. I don't worry too much about cross-contamination, because I'm not really that sensitive. But I do have that pesky joint pain from the AIs, and if staying away from gluten can help that, then I'm all for it.

Who else here is Gluten-Free?

What are your biggest challenges?

What are your favorite foods?

Favorite recipes?

And - is there ANY GF bread that doesn't taste like a hockey puck?

Thanks for any responses....

Dx 9/15/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/4/2011 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 8/21/2012 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 9/4/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 10/21/2013 Femara (letrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (26 results)

Posts 1 - 26 (26 total)

Nov 13, 2013 08:01PM wintersocks wrote:

hello Blessings,

I am a Coeliac, dx now 16 years. - totally GF.

My biggest problem? after reading a number of studies citing that Coeliac women are less likely to get breast cancer than the general population (and asking my gastroenterologist if this was true - to which he replied yes). and then being shocked (even after many years of breast probs) that I got it.

Still, upset about that - I don't know why.

Dx 2/20/2012, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/23/2012 Doxil (doxorubicin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 8/29/2012 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 9/10/2012 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 9/16/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes

Nov 18, 2013 11:46PM Blessings2011 wrote:

Oh, wintersocks, that would upset me too!

Did your MO agree with your GE?

I'd never heard that about celiac and reduced risk of BC, so went looking at some of the studies. Very interesting, to say the least...

All I can say is that I think this stupid cancer is a total crapshoot.

I see you are on Femara... are you having any joint pain from it?

Dx 9/15/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/4/2011 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 8/21/2012 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 9/4/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 10/21/2013 Femara (letrozole)

Nov 19, 2013 09:12AM Bren58 wrote:

Blessings, thank you for starting this thread. I went GF 2+ years ago to see if it would help with my arthritis. I was really surprised when after a couple months my hands were no longer stiff and sore. Since then, my mom and brother have also gone GF to help with their arthritis. Like you I am not Celiac and have no GI issues because of gluten. After the first 6 months I found that it was really not so bad eating GF, but I agree that there really isn't any bread that tastes anything like the wheat bread. I did find Three Bakers Rye that is not too bad as well as Against the Grain pizza crust and rolls are acceptable.

The biggest challenge is that I have to plan ahead. Checking to see if restaurants have GF options, taking my own snacks when I go out.

If you haven't checked out Gluten Goddess, she has some great recipes and helpful hints.

www.glutenfreegoddess.blogspot...

Faith is having the courage to let God have control. Dx 7/4/2000, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 3 Surgery 8/27/2000 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Surgery 8/27/2000 Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 12/4/2000 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/1/2009 Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction Surgery 9/10/2012 Lymph node removal: Right Dx 9/11/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/29 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 11/29/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/29/2012 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 4/24/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2014 Aromasin (exemestane)

Nov 19, 2013 01:51PM RebzAmy wrote:

I'm gluten free, dairy free, oat free and corn free - yes intolerant to all - they make me feel really ill, achy, nauseous, diarrhea and plain awful. Dairy seems to have been with me since I was a child but I didn't find out that's what was causing me to be ill until my 20s. After chemo I discovered I was gluten intolerant, followed by oats and most recently corn! Anyway here in England we have a great loaf of gluten free bread called 'Genius', plus I tend to make my own which is also really nice. The trick is to experiment with recipes and work out which you prefer and how best to make it -it's a bit of trial and error. The difference in how I feel when I wake up in the morning in incredible. I used to feel ill all the time, now I wake up feeling good - which I had resigned myself to it just being me!

Diagnosed June 2007, IDC, Grade 3, 4-5cm lump, several lymph nodes involved, HER2+++, 4 months of high strength chemo, mastectomy and lymph node removal, radiotherapy & a year of herceptin and recently had preventative surgery to other breast.

Nov 19, 2013 01:55PM wintersocks wrote:

Hi Blessings,

Erm, I am not sure who you mean by MO? (sorry! is it Medical Oncologist?). I did not mention it to her, I did not think she would take it seriously. However, I did email the Doc who conducted this study, advising I had now both dx. I asked him to consider me if he did any further research and he said he would.

I would be interested if you found any other research on this. I wonder why there appears to be a reduced chance of bc?

Yes, I am on Femara, I really don't suffer too badly with aches/pains a bit in my hands and feet in the morning and if I sit too long. Whilst eating gluten (10 years before they dx'd me!) I had very very bad joint pain/headaches. I now have Osteopenia as a result of being undiagnosed for so long.

Do you feel the GF diet is helping you?

http://etheses.nottingham.ac.uk/2444/

Dx 2/20/2012, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/23/2012 Doxil (doxorubicin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 8/29/2012 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 9/10/2012 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 9/16/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes

Nov 19, 2013 02:12PM Bren58 wrote:

RebzAmy, wow gluten as well as corn, oats and dairy! That is a lot, but I am glad you are feeling so much better by staying away from all of it. I have tried a variety of flours to make bread, but nothing has turned out tasting very well. I have tried variations with Rice, Amaranth, Potato, Corn, Coconut and others. I am going to try combos with Millet next. I even tried a recipe called "Finally a GF Bread that doesn't suck". It was ok, but still not very good. If anyone comes up with a decent recipe, please do post it here!

wintersocks, yes you guessed right. MO= medical oncologist.

Faith is having the courage to let God have control. Dx 7/4/2000, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 3 Surgery 8/27/2000 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Surgery 8/27/2000 Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 12/4/2000 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/1/2009 Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction Surgery 9/10/2012 Lymph node removal: Right Dx 9/11/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/29 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 11/29/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/29/2012 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 4/24/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2014 Aromasin (exemestane)

Nov 20, 2013 01:30AM Blessings2011 wrote:

Interesting, Bren58, that you had the same reduction in joint pain by going GF. I just got my DH to try it with me last year – he has incurable kidney disease. Right now he’s in partial remission, so that's something to be grateful for. I will look for those brands of bread you mentioned… I’m not looking forward to baking my own, but it may come to that. Thanks for the link – I’ve bookmarked it!

RebzAmy – what a relief that you figured out what was making you so sick. We belong to a Small Group in our church, and we meet twice a month. Dessert is always served. I took a poll for food sensitivities and found out that we are diabetic, gluten-free, dairy-free, corn-free, and nut-free. I try to make several dishes so that there’s something for everyone. I used to avoid dairy, until my MO told me to stop drinking soy milk, and try Lactaid. It’s regular milk that has all the lactose removed from it. It doesn’t seem to bother me. I wish we had your “Genius” bread here… I guess I really will have to learn to bake.

Wintersocks – yep MO = Medical Oncologist. I read that study you provided the link to, and the author didn’t go into any detail at all about the “marked reduction in the risk of breast cancer”, did he?

I do recall that one study I looked at hypothesized that due to celiac, women who were severely affected with the disease were generally thinner and had a much lower body mass index than the general population, leading to a possible theory of reduced estrogen production in the body, and therefore less estrogen-driven breast cancer.

I’ll see if I can go back and provide some links. Yes, I do feel the GF diet is helping me. It did pretty much eliminate my fibromyalgia pain two years ago, but later on, I was disabled by the joint pain from Arimidex after one year. Now I’m one month into Femara and am hoping for the best. At least now I’m moving more.

Ladies – I spend a lot of time on Pinterest, so am always pinning GF recipes. Here are the most popular websites where those recipes come from:

http://glutenfreeonashoestring.com/

http://allglutenfreedesserts.com/gluten-free-pumpkin-pie-recipe-roundup/

(The above site has 40 GF Pumpkin Pie recipes!!!)

http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/product-recipes/bisquick-recipes/bisquick-gluten-free-recipes

Nov 20, 2013 07:02AM Bren58 wrote:

Thanks for the links Blessings.

Nov 22, 2013 02:07PM Blessings2011 wrote:

RebzAmy - I found another website that may be of help to you...

My Life With Food Allergies...

http://mylifewithfoodallergies.com/index/

Who knows, there may be something useful in there!

Nov 22, 2013 04:12PM RebzAmy wrote:

Hi ladies

Great thread this and really helpful.

Blessings - thanks for the link - I'll check it out.

Bren - I have found that I've had to hunt around for a good mix of grains to use so I'm going to post a recipe for gluten free bread that I make in fact I make two different versions and they're both good. The most important thing is measure the exact ingredients and also make sure the yeast and all ingredients are in date.

Ladies let me know if you make them and if so how they turn out. It's quite crumbly but really good. I also add a tablespoon of xanthum gum. Another tip is to be gentle with the dough so as not to knock the air out of it.

ingredients
  • 200g (7 oz) brown rice flour
  • 200g (7 oz) potato flour
  • 100g (3½ oz) soya flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 sachet easy-blend dried yeast, about 7 g
  • 1½ tsp honey
  • 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 400ml (14 fl oz) hand-hot water
  • 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
  • 2 tsp cream of tartar
preparation method
  1. Sift the rice, potato and soya flours into a large bowl with the salt. Remove about one-quarter of the mixture and set aside. Stir the yeast into the mixture left in the bowl and make a well in the centre.
  2. Add the honey and olive oil to the well, together with the hand-hot water. Stir the dry ingredients into the liquid to make a smooth, thick batter.
  3. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes to allow the yeast to become active. Towards the end of this time, preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF, gas mark 6).
  4. Mix the bicarbonate of soda and cream of tartar with the reserved flour mixture, then sift it on top of the yeast batter. Stir gently until combined; the mixture will look foamy. Transfer it to a well-greased non-stick 900g (2 lb) loaf tin.
  5. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until firm, crisp and golden brown. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. This bread can be kept for up to 2 days and is very good toasted.

This is a lovely sweet dough:-

GLUTEN-FREE CHALLAH

[ Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free / Soy-Free /
Vegetarian / Pareve ]1 package active dry yeast
2 tsp sugar
1 cup warm water
1 1/2 cups cornstarch
3/4 cup brown rice flour
3/4 cup white rice flour
1/4 cup plus 3 Tbsp tapioca starch
1/4 cup Vance's Foods DariFree Original Powder (or other powdered non-dairy milk substitute)
1 Tbsp guar gum
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp dry potato flakes
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
4 eggs + 1 extra egg yolk (at room temperature)
1 egg yolk beaten with 1 Tbsp water, for glaze
1/3 cup raisins (optional)
Poppy or sesame seeds (optional)
Baking spray / vegetable oil spray (non-dairy)

Turn oven on 200 F for 10 minutes, then turn oven off. Mix yeast and sugar with warm water in a small bowl. Cover with tin foil, and place in the oven for 10 minutes or until the top becomes bubbly.

In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine cornstarch, white and brown rice flours, tapioca starch, guar gum, salt, baking powder, powdered non-dairy milk and potato flakes. Add yeast mixture, oil, honey and eggs (except for reserved egg glaze). Blend thoroughly on high speed. If you are adding raisins, fold them in with the mixer set to a low setting until they are evenly dispersed throughout the dough.

Grease an 8- or 9-inch round cake pan (preferably silicone). Spray baking spray all over the palms of your hands, and place a ball of dough of about 3" diameter in the center of the cake pan. Continue to roll dough into balls, placing them in concentric circles around the center ball until they reach the edge of the cake pan. Do not pack them in too tightly, they should touch each other but some spaces should be visible. The dough is very sticky, so you will need to spray oil on your hands frequently in order to be able to handle the dough and roll it into balls (if you get too much dough sticking to your hands, wash them off, dry them, and re-oil them).

Using a pastry brush, brush half of the egg glaze over the top of the dough. Cover with a dish cloth and place in oven, which should still be warm but should not be on. Allow to rise for 1 hour. It should rise to the top of the cake pan or higher.

Remove the pan from the oven, and set oven to 350 F. Remove the towel from the pan, and brush the remaining egg glaze on the dough. Sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds, if desired. Return pan to oven, uncovered. Bake for 20 minutes, then cover with foil and bake for another 25 minutes.

Allow bread to cool slightly before transferring it to a cooling rack. Eat while warm, or slice and toast it. Will keep for up to a week at room temperature in a ziploc storage bag, or you can slice and freeze it for longer storage.

Diagnosed June 2007, IDC, Grade 3, 4-5cm lump, several lymph nodes involved, HER2+++, 4 months of high strength chemo, mastectomy and lymph node removal, radiotherapy & a year of herceptin and recently had preventative surgery to other breast.

Nov 23, 2013 01:44AM Blessings2011 wrote:

Ohhhhh..... RebzAmy - the bread recipes sound wonderful!

I have GOT to get over my fear of baking!

Nov 23, 2013 07:07AM Bren58 wrote:

Thank you Amy. I will have to try those.

Blessings, my daughter is an amazing cook, but was scared of baking anything with yeast. Why I don't know, because she saw me make it for years. One day she tried it and found out how easy it really was. Just remember what Any said, you have to measure accurately. Bon Appetit!

Nov 28, 2013 09:28PM Blessings2011 wrote:

Wow - we just had our first completely gluten-free Thanksgiving dinner... and it was GREAT!!! (Of course, it was just me and DH this year, so we had more control...)

I couldn't face the thought of making GF pie crust, so I found a recipe that used GF yellow cake mix for the crust and the topping, and the inside was the traditional pumpkin pie filling. It was sooooooo good.

How did everyone else do?

Any challenges at the dinner table?

Dec 1, 2013 10:02AM cowgal wrote:

I've tried going GF to see if it would help with my joint pain. I have osteoarthritis and severe joint pain from my AI. It didn't seem to help me though. I tried it for two weeks. Was that long enough or did I need to give it longer?

Dec 1, 2013 12:55PM Bren58 wrote:

cowgal, when I first decided to try it I gave myself 3 months before I made any decisions. It was about 6 weeks in that I really started to notice a difference in the amount of pain & stiffness in my hands from the OA. It's now been over 2 years and still have very little pain in my hands, even though the OA is still there. It does depend on how advanced your OA is. My mom's is pretty advanced and when she went GF she noticed some improvement due to less inflammation, but many of her joints are too far deteriorated. Also, you have to go totally GF, not just cutting back on gluten containing foods. Gluten hides in many forms in foods you wouldn't even think of like gravy and chili mixes, prepared soups, some chips.

Dec 18, 2013 05:20PM Blessings2011 wrote:

cowgal - I agree with Bren... I think that I was off gluten for at least a month or two when I noticed my fibro pain diminishing. I also think that there are conditions for which the inflammation is so severe, we will still have symptoms.... but in my case, I'm thinking they could be worse if I were eating gluten.

DH, the sneak, says he is gluten-free, but will freely help himself to a restaurant pancake or some gravy (or a cookie!)  if the opportunity presents itself. He says he really doesn't feel any different, so I never get on his case. 

Me, though, I've started being more careful - more "Celiac" like in my determination to seek out hidden gluten. On my shopping list: gluten-free soy sauce, and flavorings made without caramel coloring.

My folder is full of GF recipes... especially things like Christmas Cookies. Just let me know if you want me to post any.

With regard to baking... does anyone here use a bread machine to bake GF bread? 

I have it in my mind that somehow it would be easier, but I do have a Kitchenaid Artisan mixer with a bread hook.... I am such a bread-baking weenie!!!

Jan 4, 2014 08:31AM - edited Jan 4, 2014 08:38AM by cowgal

Thanks ladies.  I may have to give it another try.  I'm so confused about what to eat to lose weight and make my OA feel better.  Everything I read about cancer and OA points to trying to reduce inflammation in your diet.  I have OA several places but the knees are what limits me the most and I had them x-rayed and one is mild and the other moderate in their severity.  I'm conflicted between trying to do a carb cycling plan, low glycemic index plan and try to do one of those gluten free.  I need to lose weight along with everything else as my inability to move from the AI has resulted in increased weight.

Blessings it would be great if you posted some of your favorite recipes. 

Mar 18, 2015 02:19PM glennie19 wrote:

Bumping.  Looking to take on the GF challenge and see if my Fibro pain will decrease.

Fibromyalgia and Truncal Lymphedema,,, some of the fun things I live with. Total hysterecomy 9/29/14 Prophy MX Righty 11/30/17 Dx 6/27/2013, Paget's, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/8/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Dx DCIS

Mar 18, 2015 02:49PM bobogirl wrote:

Oooh, I love this thread! I have been cutting down on gluten for a couple of years. I avoided gluten especially on days when I had a lot of work to do, because I noticed I thought more clearly and had more energy without it. I don't do many packaged foods, so gravies, mixes, etc. were not a problem for me.

I had a long series of surgeries last year, and as a result I am pretty sore and achy. I told myself I would go mostly GF but not be too extreme about it. I am already vegetarian, and allergic to some nuts, and allergic to dairy -- so, vegan. I didn't want to cut something out if it wasn't necessary.

As it turns out, it IS necessary! When I added some gluten back, I found I had severe GI issues on top of the achiness, cloudy thinking, etc. I do not need any help with cloudy thinking! :)

My DLLP is not too happy about the GF idea, because it means I am not baking/serving gluten things at dinner. She hates eating clean. She wants a big hamburger and french fries! However, it is really obvious that I need to be GF. My theory is that those six sx and the antibiotics from severe infections pushed me over the edge into extra sensitivity.

I have bookmarked your Gluten Free Goddess. Also, though, I find that lots of vegetarian cookbooks have GF options. I love Isa Chandra Moskovitz and her post-punk blog. She makes lots of 'bowl' meals that are GF. And... there is GF beer!

Thank you, Blessings, for starting this thread! You are exactly what your name says!

Mar 19, 2015 02:57PM glennie19 wrote:

Made a lentil stew today,, it was really supposed to be a soup, but it thickened up to a stew. I guess I could water it down, but I rather like it this way.  First time to make something with dried lentils.  One bag of lentils made a huge pot!!

Fibromyalgia and Truncal Lymphedema,,, some of the fun things I live with. Total hysterecomy 9/29/14 Prophy MX Righty 11/30/17 Dx 6/27/2013, Paget's, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/8/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Dx DCIS

Mar 19, 2015 07:15PM labelle wrote:

• I switched to a Paleo diet over a year ago, no gluten, no soy, rice or potatoes, but I make this bread when I have the craving. Also ditched sugar, dairy and processed foods of any sort, but it is the bread I sometimes miss the most. This is tasty, a bit on the heavy side, the consistency of whole, whole grain bread. The recipe calls for almond butter, but I've also made it with tahini (sesame seed butter) and it turns out fine. The recipe says to use an immersion blender, but I just throw the wet ingredients in my food processor, blend, throw in the dry, stir and dump it all in the lined bread pan. Do NOT skip the parchment paper, like many Paleo baked goods it will stick to the pan in an awful way.
  • 3/4 cup soaked almond butter, smooth (store bought works fine )
  • 6 pastured eggs
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup ground golden flax
  • 3 tbsp coconut flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 4" loaf pan with parchment, grease well with coconut oil.
  2. In a large bowl, blend the almond butter, eggs, honey, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar with an immersion blender.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine the flax, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt. Mix the dry into the wet, pour into the greased and lined loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
  4. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan by pulling up on the parchment. Set on wire rack to cool completely.
  5. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days, in the fridge for 7-10 days or in the freezer for a month or so.

Read more: http://guiltykitchen.com/2013/04/15/paleo-sandwich-bread/#ixzz3Usbf5PbQ

Dx 9/29/2014, IDC: Tubular, Left, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 11/12/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast

Mar 20, 2015 12:19PM cowgal wrote:

Thanks for posting the bread recipe labelle.

Has anyone who has gone GF and Dairy Free noticed some weight loss?

Mar 20, 2015 05:50PM - edited Mar 20, 2015 05:51PM by labelle

Oh yeah, I lost 20 lbs doing the Paleo diet in the first 6 months and I wasn't even trying. Of course not only did gluten and dairy go, but sugar and processed foods. potatoes, rice and corn. I'm 5'7' and went from 150 or so to 130, so I wasn't really overweight anyway. Scared me so much I went to see my GP about it (this was before BC diagnosis) and she told me it's the Paleo diet, that she sees overweight people on all sorts of diets, even vegetarian, but no overweight Paleo eaters. I weight 125 now, but the last 5 lbs are probably stress weight loss.

Dx 9/29/2014, IDC: Tubular, Left, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 11/12/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast

Mar 20, 2015 07:17PM Denise-G wrote:

I became allergic to wheat and gluten during chemotherapy.  No one knew what was wrong with me.  I finally figured it out when I about died from eating a piece of pizza on a good chemo day.  I write a blog and hear from all kinds of people who became allergic to gluten during Chemo - all different kind of cancer patients and different chemos.  I'm almost 3 years out from Chemo, and I have had no improvement.

www.denise4health.wordpress.com my BC Blog with over 200 informative posts about all aspects of BC - stop by! Myself, my mom, and sister were all diagnosed with BC within 3 years. What a ride! Dx 10/10/2011, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 9/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 11/22/2011 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 12/26/2011 AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy 2/27/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 10/10/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 20, 2015 07:23PM glennie19 wrote:

Wow, Denise!!  That must have been really scary. Interesting how many people this has happened to during chemo.

Mar 21, 2015 11:37AM glennie19 wrote:

I want to try these.

http://ourbestbites.com/2014/02/2-ingredient-panca...

Page 1 of 1 (26 results)