Join Us

We are 216,859 members in 84 forums discussing 160,262 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Eating healthy

Forum: Recipe Swap for Healthy Living —

A place to share our "healthier" recipes and food tips for everyday life.

Posted on: Mar 20, 2015 07:48AM

florida2015 wrote:

I really don't know what to eat anymore. I was eating Chobani yogurt daily now aM even questioning that. Is yogurt okay. Is decaf coffee okay

And what is a definite no no in terms of cancer reoccurrence

Dx 2/2015, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+, HER2- Surgery 3/1/2015 Lumpectomy: Left

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Mar 20, 2015 01:18PM cowgal wrote:

I completely understand. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in March 2010 and I am still trying to get a handle on everything. If you are estrogen positive as far as your breast cancer goes most people would say to avoid soy. Unfortunately, soy is in a lot of things. I have heard differing views on flax. When I asked my MO what I should be eating or not eating, he told me to avoid soy but it was okay if I had minor amounts. In other words, don't eat it every day and try to avoid it but don't drive yourself nuts. I asked him if I was going to have to give up red meat and he told me that it was a part of a healthy diet and that I did not have to give it up. Thank God because I love steak and prime rib! From a lot of what I have read, you should not consume a lot of sugar as it can lead to inflammation in your diet and this is thought to cause numerous health problems.

Jul 12, 2015 01:19PM JosieDS wrote:

My MO said to eat low fat when possible and exercise. She said not to worry about soy that is in things, but not eat soy alone (soy milk, tofu, etc.) She said not to worry about sugar, just eat veggies and fruits and try to eat lowfat. She also said losing weight (I have 20 extra pounds) would help, as a lower BMI is better to avoid recurrence (as in below 25). She said the reason a low fat diet is encouraged is to keep the weight in check. The most important things I can do is exercise and get my weight down.

Dx 10/9/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 11/3/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Chemotherapy 12/19/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 3/23/2015

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)