Join Us

We are 216,745 members in 84 forums discussing 160,184 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Magic Mineral Broth

Forum: Recipe Swap for Healthy Living —

A place to share our "healthier" recipes and food tips for everyday life.

Posted on: Apr 1, 2015 08:42AM

1974Cher wrote:

Thought I would share this delicious and nutritious veggie soup broth I got from the Cancer Fighting Cookbook. I loved it before chemo and although only on my third day in, just had it and still love it. It's full of flavour and like she said don't let the seaweed scare you, it's full of nutrients and adds a nice flavour. I cut the recipe in half bc I didn't have a stock pot big enough. You can also use this broth to make other soups, but I love it on its own.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/01/17/169333...

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Apr 1, 2015 06:43PM Meadow wrote:

Thanks for sharing! Always looking for something good like this

Dx 8/15/2013, IBC, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/26/2013 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 2/11/2014 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 1/15/2017 Reconstruction (left)

Apr 2, 2015 08:55AM scvmom65 wrote:

Yum, sounds delicious! I use the kombu in salads in tiny little strips and I love it, it gives it a salty flavor , enhances the other flavors and has tons of nutrients in it. I did read once that you should be careful on brands since it it from the ocean and we use our ocean as sewage disposal so I got mine at Whole Foods it is called Maine Coast. The website claims they test theirs for heavy metals, chemical, fuel odor and bacteria. Thank you for the recipe!

Anna

Dx 9/1/2010, IDC, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/13/2010 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 10/28/2010 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary Hormonal Therapy 12/8/2010 Surgery 3/23/2011 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 9/16/2013 Prophylactic ovary removal

Apr 2, 2015 10:13AM leggo wrote:

Thank you so much for posting this. I use tons of broth in cooking and this one works really well! I used it as a base for some stir fry and Indian food and it worked great. I made a whole bunch to always have on hand. I'm a low sodium girl so I used arame instead of kombu and left out the additional salt and it was still good.

"Once more into the fray... Into the last good fight I'll ever know... Live and die on this day... Live and die on this day." - The Grey

Apr 2, 2015 05:10PM 1974Cher wrote:

Good to know about the precautions re: Kambu, I will keep that in mind the next time I buy, but I also purchased from a Goodness Me a local health food store, so I think this batch is ok. Happy to share! I will share other recipes as I cook from the Cancer Fighting Kitchen and fight away!

Sending lots of love to you all xox.

Chery

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)