We are 196,348 members in 81 forums discussing 144,710 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Healthy Recipes for Everyday Living → Topic: Weight Loss Group

Topic: Weight Loss Group

Forum: Healthy Recipes for Everyday Living — A place to share our "healthier" recipes and food tips for everyday life.

Posted on: Oct 31, 2017 04:12AM

vampeyes wrote:

Hello All,

I am wanting to start a thread for those of us struggling to get back into a healthy eating life style. Since being off from surgery I have put on some weight. I am not exercising as much as I did before, for obvious reasons, but still eating like I did! For months I have been trying to cut sugar out of my diet and eat smarter, I know how to loose weight, I can't seem to find the will power to be smart about it! My hopes are to start a thread where we check in daily with how well we are eating, share healthy recipes, inspire and support each other to get healthier. My hopes are that this will help us stay on track to a better healthy lifestyle. Anyone interested??

My favourite cookbooks are from Janet and Gretta Podlinski - Looneyspoons, Crazy Plates, Eat, Shrink, Be Merry, Loonyspoons Collection and a new one Yum and Yummer. There are a lot of yummy recipes and the earlier cookbooks are easily found at Thrift stores and the library.

I enjoy recipes from Dr. Mark Hyman, he was a website with a bunch on there, plus cookbooks I got from the library.

Skinnytaste.com has yummy, healthy recipes, weight watchers friendly if you are following that program

My problem is staying away from night time eating, I do great all day and as soon as dinner is done and my big butt hits the chair to rest I am eating till bedtime. UGH. I don't want to gain anymore weight, I don't like how I look and feel currently. I have struggled with weight issues all my life and need to put a stop to it, be healthier so I can kick this cancer to the curb!

Cheryl

Dx 9/20/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 10/18/2017 Lumpectomy: Left

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Oct 31, 2017 05:29AM tadover wrote:

I know exactly how you feel. I bought an instant pot a few months ago and I have really enjoyed using it and I found a blog that has some really good tip and recipes. I have actually liked every recipe I have tried so far. Check it out when you have a chance. The last thing I made was the Spanish Quinoa, I was really surprised at how good it was.

http://instantloss.com/recipes/

Dx 6/14/2014, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 6/26/2014 Lumpectomy: Right Chemotherapy 7/28/2014 AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy 10/10/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 1/19/2015 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 2/11/2015 Whole-breast: Breast Targeted Therapy 2/15/2016 Nerlynx

Oct 31, 2017 06:29AM vampeyes wrote:

Oh yes, I have heard those are wonderful. Maybe have to ask for one for Christmas! Thank you for the link!

Dx 9/20/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 10/18/2017 Lumpectomy: Left

Oct 31, 2017 10:45AM Moderators wrote:

Vampeyes -- great idea for a thread! We wish you great success here!

For some more information and inspiration, you may also want to check out the main Breastcancer.org site's pages on Eating to Lose Weight After Treatment, as well as the Exercise section.

We hope this helps and we look forward to encouraging you and those who join you here!

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Nov 5, 2017 09:37AM marijen wrote:

Hi all, I hope it’s ok to post this study here for inspiration.

Chirurgia (Bucur). 2017 Jul-Aug;112(4):457-468. doi: 10.21614/chirurgia.112.4.457.

Results of 1-year Diet and Exercise Interventions for ER+/PR±/HER2- Breast Cancer Patients Correlated with Treatment Type.j

Artene DV, Bordea CI, Blidaru A.

Purpose: Many breast cancer patients gain weight during chemotherapy and antiestrogenic treatment increasing recurrence, oncologic specific and all-cause mortality risks.

Patients and Methods: 165 ER+/PR±/HER2- breast cancer patients under antiestrogenic treatment were randomly assigned to follow an at-home diet based on food naturally high in proteins, calcium, probiotics and prebiotics (D), or this diet and 4' isometric exercises (D+Ex) for 1 year. We measured weight (W), body (BF) and visceral fat (VF) using a multi-frequency bioelectrical impedance scale on the 6th and 12th month and we correlated results with chemotherapy, surgery and antiestrogenic medication type. Results were analysed using the Friedman Test, then with Wilcoxon signed-rank tests if Friedman Test was significant. Results: Overall, the patients 1-year results show that both D+Ex and D patients obtained statistically significant weight loss and fat loss. D patients lost 3.3 kg, 3.2% BF and 1% visceral fat. D+Ex patients lost 6.5 kg, 3.3% BF and 2% visceral fat. D+Ex patients obtained statistically significance for W, BF and VF regardless of chemotherapy, surgery or antiestrogenic treatment type. D patients with mastectomy or with aromatase inhibitors lost W, BF and VF. D patients with conservatory surgery, adjuvant or both neoadjuvant and adjuvant chemotherapy and those on Tamoxifen only lost W. D patients with neoadjuvant chemotherapy also lost VF.

CONCLUSION:

This diet is effective for ER+/PR±/HER2- breast cancer patients on antiestrogenic medication. Adding at least a minimal exercise protocol improves patients chances of counteracting sarcopenic obesity.

Celsius.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28862123

In French http://revistachirurgia.ro/pdfs/2017-4-457.pdf

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)