I have been off this forum for such a long time that I had to look up my log in information. I was originally diagnosed with ER+ PR+ Stage 1, grade 2 IDC in 2011 at the age of 49 and had a lumpectomy and re-excision (close margins) with 37 whole breast radiation treatments. I went on tamoxifen, which hyperstimulated my premenopausal ovaries, and in 2012, I had a hysterectomy/bilateral salpingo-oophrectomy. I switched to Femara shortly thereafter, but it made me feel ill, so we switched to exemestane which I've been taking ever since.
In 2006, I had a bad mammogram and biopsy, but it was just fat necrosis.
I was scheduled for my routine mammo in April of this year, but I put it off, because COVID. Oncologist office called me in June asking me if I wanted to reschedule myself or did I want them to? I rescheduled, but they were booking out till August at that point.
August 14 had my mammo--got called back in for additional films--then called back for US--you know the drill. Recommendation for biopsy of two new suspicious areas in the same breast. It took 6 days to get the biopsy and another 6 to get the result (You know COVID). Both are IDC, grade 3, ER and PR positive though not so strongly so. Had to get FISH for HER-2 status, but thankfully negative. Saw my previous surgeon same day of dx and she told us she was booking 3-4 weeks out. On 9/4, saw the plastics guy who told me he is booking 4-6 weeks out. Oh, yeah, I have to have a mastectomy this time because we can't do radiation twice. Decided on a double so they will match and I will never have to worry about a mammogram again.
OK, now i am 2 1/2 weeks from diagnosis and still don't have a surgery date. So I am going to Dana Farber next week for a second opinion. If they can get me in before November (which seems likely here in Upstate NY), I may just get the surgery there.
Part of me still can't believe this is happening all over again:(
2/4/2011, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-
Log in to post a reply