Join Us

We are 218,114 members in 84 forums discussing 160,906 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Natural Disasters and Breast Cancer

Forum: Mod Announcements, Breastcancer.org News, Blog Entries, Podcasts —

Moderator generated forum to present our announcements or requests, organization and website news, blog entries and podcasts. Please do not post here if you are not a Moderator. Thank you!

Posted on: Aug 26, 2012 04:21AM

Moderators wrote:

Hurricanes are in the news at this time of year, and there are other natural disasters around the world that can be especially challenging for anyone being treated for breast cancer.

In Ways to Prepare for a Natural Disaster, the main Breastcancer.org site has checklists to help plan for what you'll need in case you have to evacuate, or if treatment has to be interrupted. 

For members of this online community we'd add to be sure you have your log-in info (name and password) handy, in case you have to connect from another computer, and want to let your friends know you're okay.

• The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Aug 26, 2012 05:46AM CelineFlower wrote:

Thank you mods..

never thought of that perspective 

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me! ~Dr. Seuss Dx 8/31/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/17/2012, LCIS

Aug 26, 2012 05:54AM firestorm531 wrote:

Thanks Mods!

Don't run until you know you're being chased - Steve (my father). Arimidex prescribed for 10yrs. Dx 6/19/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/18/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/5/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 3/18/2013 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 4/26/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)