Moderator generated forum to present our announcements or requests, organization and website news, blog entries and podcasts. Please do not post here if you are not a Moderator. Thank you!
Log in to post a reply
Jan 22, 2021 01:37PM
Intermittent Fasting: Can it Help With Weight Loss?
January 22, 2021
Dr. Neil Iyengar is a medical oncologist at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center whose practice focuses on people with breast cancer.
His research is looking at the links between metabolic health and cancer, specifically looking at how diet, exercise, and medicines can prevent cancers tied to obesity, such as breast cancer, and improve outcomes for people with inflammation in fatty tissues.
Listen to the episode to hear Dr. Iyengar explain:
- what intermittent fasting is and how it was developed
- why some people think intermittent fasting could be a tool to prevent breast cancer
- the research done so far
- the risks of intermittent fasting and what people who want to try it should consider
Running time: 21:40
Listen now or read the transcript.
Log in to post a reply
Mar 3, 2021 09:25AM
Talking to Your Doctor About Going Flat
February 17, 2021
Dr. Deanna Attai is associate clinical professor of surgery at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. Dr. Attai was an early adopter of social media for professional and patient education. She serves as the social media editor for the Journal of Oncology Practice and is a member of the Annals of Surgical Oncology editorial board. She is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology Social Media Working Group and co-chair of the Collaborative for Outcomes in Social Media in Oncology research group.
Much of her recent research has focused on going flat and how satisfied women are with this decision, as well as whether surgeons support women who want to go flat.
Listen to the podcast to hear Dr. Attai explain:
- the reasons why a woman may opt to go flat
- why she decided to study how satisfied women were with their decision to go flat
- how a woman should talk to her surgeon to ensure she gets a truly flat chest that she is happy with cosmetically after mastectomy, with symmetrical scars and no dog ears
Running time: 29:15Listen now or read the transcript.