We are 201,330 members in 81 forums discussing 146,899 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Surgery - Before, During, and After → Topic: What did you wear after excisional biopsy?

Topic: What did you wear after excisional biopsy?

Forum: Surgery - Before, During, and After — Surgical options and helpful tips for recovery and side effects.

Posted on: Feb 13, 2018 12:28AM

sayheysam wrote:

Hi all,

On Feb. 28 I'll be having an excisional biopsy for ADH. I know that my surgeon will give me instructions, but me being an anxious person, I like to know what to expect. That being said, what type of bra did you wear after your excisional biopsy and for how long? Will I be able to wear regular, underwire bras in a matter of 2-3 weeks or will it take months? The incision is going to be a periareolar incision.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Feb 13, 2018 06:22AM MelissaDallas wrote:

I didn't wear any bra at all for a couple of days, then wore my regular underwire bra. My incision was in the crease under my breast on the outside "corner." I certainly wouldn't think any of it will cause you any problems with your regular bras for weeks, much less months. I was only a little sore for a few days

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Feb 13, 2018 08:55AM keepthefaith wrote:

I wore an open-front cotton sports-type bra for a few days. My tumor was close to my chest wall and I was pretty sore. Ice, no heavy lifting. You should be good in a week or so...maybe less. Good luck!

Dx 9/17/2013, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/18/2013 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Chemotherapy 12/3/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Chemotherapy 12/26/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Chemotherapy 1/16/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Chemotherapy 2/11/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 4/1/2014 Breast Hormonal Therapy 5/23/2014

Feb 13, 2018 09:28AM gb2115 wrote:

I wore a sports bra for a couple days until I couldn't take it anymore (I can't stand tight clothes), then called the surgeon for her blessing on not wearing a bra at all. Once I went back to work a week later, I wore a regular bra that wasn't tight (no underwire).

Dx IDC in October 2016, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Mammaprint low risk luminal A, Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen.

Feb 13, 2018 11:14AM claireinaz wrote:

My doc suggested a snug sports-type bra. It helped, but I had still to have a drain inserted about 3 days after the surgery because I was swelling so much. Not everyone does, though. (Drains sound awful--just the thought creeped me out--but I learned to handle it and it came out after about 2 weeks. It didn't curtail my activities at all and no one knew I had one it--I hiked and did yoga with it, just taped the tubing to my side and tucked the receptacle into my shorts waistband).

9/29/11 ILC, 2 c. stage II grade 1, ER/PR+ HER2-, 6/11 nodes, lumpectomy, DDAC x 4, Taxol x 12, 33 rads, Tamoxifen/arimidex/aromasin, BMX/immed recon 7/3/13 "In the midst of winter, I found in me an invincible summer.” Albert Camus

Feb 13, 2018 03:19PM sayheysam wrote:

Thankyou all for your responses!! I really appreciate it

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)