We are 224,986 members in 82 forums discussing 158,057 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: First mammo after surgery and birads 3. Is this normal ??

Forum: Surgery - Before, During, and After — Surgical options and helpful tips for recovery and side effects.

Posted on: Nov 4, 2019 02:34PM

rbreny wrote:

Just had my first mammo after lumpectomy 1 yr ago. It came back birads 3. I'm a little worried. Is this normal and has this happened to anyone else ? My tumor was 7MM with no lymph node involvement and was IDC. My oncoscore was 7 which I know is good. I have been on arimidex for 11 months. I would really appreciate any feedback and thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Nov 4, 2019 05:56PM Hopeful82014 wrote:

Hi - I understand your concern; my 1st mammogram after treatment also came back labeled B3, which surprised me. My surgeon's NP explained that this was standard after surgery, RT, etc. and not to worry. If I recall correctly it has to do with establishing a new baseline for the affected breast but please don't quote me on that, as it's been several years. Long and short of it, no need to worry.

Dx IDC

Nov 4, 2019 06:02PM rbreny wrote:

Thank you Hopeful for your response. It certainly helps ease my worries.

Nov 4, 2019 06:31PM FindingOptimism wrote:

You can add me to the birads 3 after 1 year club. My surgeon also says it is fairly common. Not looking forward to the six month followu

Dx 8/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 12/12/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast

Nov 6, 2019 11:39AM mom2bunky wrote:

Thank you dear ladies for sharing the above. I'm going in for my first mammogram after surgery at the 6 month mark next week. I'm trying not to freak out about it, and now I know now to freak out if above happens.

I love this community.

Dx at 55. KI-67: 18. Oncotype: 24 Dx 3/26/2019, DCIS/IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 5/10/2019 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 6/26/2019 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 8/6/2019 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)