Join Us

We are 218,036 members in 84 forums discussing 160,860 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Unscratchable itches - I'm so tired.

Forum: Surgery - Before, During, and After — Surgical options and helpful tips for recovery and side effects.

Posted on: Sep 8, 2020 03:40PM

WC3 wrote:

I didn't get a good nights sleep Sunday night due to the heat so I was looking forward to one last night. It didn't happen. I woke up at 2am with severe itching on the cancer side. Maybe in the numb skin, maybe under the implant on my chest wall. I don't know. In any event it was impossible to scratch and after trying various ways to alleviate it, I finally got up, dug my surgical bra out of storage in the back of my sock drawer, and put it on nearly two years post surgery...and it worked! But I lost two hours of sleep. My mind is so fuzzy and I have so much to do today that requires mental acuity.

Pathologic complete response (pCR) to chemotherapy. Dx 2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Chemotherapy 6/1/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 11/15/2018 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant