Topic: Post your tech glitches, errors, issues, etc. here.

Forum: Comments, Suggestions, Feature Requests — Request new or improved features, report bugs, & view upcoming changes. Directly share constructive feedback at comments@breastcancer.org.

Posted on: May 9, 2012 10:07PM - edited May 8, 2020 12:22PM by moderators

Posted on: May 9, 2012 10:07PM - edited May 8, 2020 12:22PM by moderators

moderators wrote:

Hello all,

This thread is intended for members to post all technical glitches, errors, and problems with the site or forums. To directly share constructive feedback, you can email our team at comments@breastcancer.org.

When posting your issue, It would be helpful if you would state your browser/operating system, and when you share the error, please be as specific and concise as possible. If you can also post a screenshot, that would be helpful. Contact a Moderator if you need help taking or posting a screenshot. This will really help our staff and tech team!

Please read below to ensure your browser and system is compatible with Breastcancer.org:

Breastcancer.org is supported by the following browsers and systems:

Minimum Requirements:

- Chrome 26.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Firefox 20.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Safari 5 (OS X, Windows),

- Safari (iOS 5.0 version),

- Internet Explorer 8 and up,

- Android 4.0.1 and up.

*self-updating

To keep up with advancing software, support for older browsers is removed as new versions are released. Breastcancer.org suggests updating your system and / or browser as needed for the best online experience.

Resources for updates can be found at the following URLs:

Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Safari: http://support.apple.com/downloads/#safari

Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer.aspx

Additional help:

What is a web browser?

A web browser is a piece of software used to access the internet. The web browser goes out to grab data, brings it back to you and displays it on your monitor to let you interact with the website.

For users who are using the Microsoft's Windows operating system, the most likely web browser they're using is Internet Explorer, or “the blue E" as some people refer to it. Those using Apple's OS X, their default web browser is Safari.

Internet Explorer and Safari aren't the only web browser options you have. There is also Chrome and Firefox, both of which are free downloads.

What is an operating system?

Operating systems run your computer, laptop, tablet and phone. The operating system is the brain of your computer and is responsible for telling all the other pieces of your computer what to do. When you click on an icon to open up a program it tells your computer what has to happen to wake that application up so that you can use it.

The most common desktop operating system is Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7, etc.), followed by Apple's OS X.

Yours, The Mods

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/... Surgery 5/10/2022

Page 382 of 387 (3,867 results)

May 13, 2022 08:20PM moth wrote:

re the avatar - what size do those images have to be to display properly??

weirdly when I go to edit my profile, my avatar right at the top of the page, to the left of the donate button, displays fully. But when I go to the community pages, it's cut off on the sides & a bit warped, just as in the posts in threads. So I guess I need to get a smaller version...would like to know the size required pls

I take weekends off

Initial dx at 50. Seriously?? “Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely and we’re left with only the choice of what to do next." blog: Never Tell Me the Odds

Dx 12/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Chemotherapy 2/14/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole breast: Breast Dx 2/2020, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/18/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Immunotherapy 3/19/2020 Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Chemotherapy 11/26/2020 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/9/2020 External Hormonal Therapy 12/16/2020 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 3/3/2021 External Local Metastases 3/3/2021 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 1/1/2022 Trodelvy (sacituzumab govitecan-hziy)

May 13, 2022 10:41PM serenitystat wrote:

The shape may be more important. My image is square (211KB). It then gets cropped to a circle with a little warp. Peace sign works well. How about a shield?

🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ . . . . . "Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) 🐶☕️🛀🖼🥐🌲🎭 Dx-11/2015-IDC.L.IIIC.10/11-nodes.++- 12/2015-L.Mast 2/2016-4AC+12Taxol fasted 9/2016-Rads.Nodes.Chest-wall.15+4boosts 10/2016-Tamox(2.5y) 4/2019-Exemestane 12/2019-Ibrance/Xgeva

May 14, 2022 12:48AM alicebastable wrote:

This is rich. Another undated Message From Above, ignoring that they were notified several times by the security site over the course of FIVE MONTHS.

Ignore treatment info (below) which is a BCO glitch. Do not enter personal information on this site since they grossly mishandled a data breach. Surgery 7/11/2018 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Surgery 8/8/2018 Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

May 14, 2022 12:56AM - edited May 14, 2022 12:58AM by serenitystat

Also, “misconfigured" is not what happened. It was found to be completely unsecured because no one went through the steps to configure security.

It didn't take much for the data security team to count the user avatars and member images. They were able to confirm for themselves that images sent by PM between members (that they created) were stored in that unsecured bucket.

That announcement is weaselly.

🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ . . . . . "Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) 🐶☕️🛀🖼🥐🌲🎭 Dx-11/2015-IDC.L.IIIC.10/11-nodes.++- 12/2015-L.Mast 2/2016-4AC+12Taxol fasted 9/2016-Rads.Nodes.Chest-wall.15+4boosts 10/2016-Tamox(2.5y) 4/2019-Exemestane 12/2019-Ibrance/Xgeva

May 14, 2022 05:46PM minustwo wrote:

Mods - yes PLEASE to Serenity's comment about increasing the rows per page. It means less time waiting for a new page to load. But even more, it means we could then go back & read what someone said last week or last month without much trouble. Now it's a nightmare. That was especially great when looking to re-read recipes on the dinner thread or look back at recommended reading on the book thread. Please don't tell me how to search. I used to do that some but really I preferred just hitting back pages to re-read things that mattered. (REALLY mattered)

And if the "powers that be" are more interested only in medical things - it was also great to be able to go back on Trickling's tape allergy thread, and Whippetmom's size of implant thread and several of Binny's lymphadema threads - not to mention tips for chemo & tips for surgery. Or Beesies excellent posts? Or even to revisit long departed members - like Apple playing the piano or Michelle in her bunny suit. So PLEASE, can we fix this one thing?

I'm sure each of us has something that is most important to us. Yes, I HATE the print which is very hard to read, and I HATE that there is not an obvious log in or sign out button, and I miss seeing where people are from, but could y'all not do one little things like the page length to show us that the officers & tech team really care? (I was going to say "give an R'sA$$) but I'm trying to be sort of professional.)

Serenity - I agree that our only option is to hold the MODS accountable for what does or does not happen since no one ever really canvassed the members to see what they might want or find valuable. And no, it's unlikely any of us could "speak" to the tech team or the officers, or the board, or whoever is leading BCO. Sigh!!!

(sorry I am guilty of yelling with the BOLD CAPS - but hope the MODS will still listen)

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

May 15, 2022 09:40AM moderators wrote:

Hi All, The reason for the posts-per-page getting limited to 10 was to improve site speed, which was successful. We have discussed the possibility of increasing this number, and will re-discuss it this week. We do not want to do anything to disrupt any other functionality before we move to a new platform with updated coding in the near future. We'll let you know what is decided in the next few days.

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/... Surgery 5/10/2022

May 15, 2022 09:53AM serenitystat wrote:

It’s curious that 30 rows per page loaded well before the redesign.

Why did it require a reduction to 10 rows per page to load in a similar time after the redesign?

What scripting was added to cause the slowdown? Maybe make the scripting more efficient? I recall a “longer page” was mentioned in your redesign article as a way to make the page more legible. You gave us a shorter page.

May 15, 2022 10:18AM serenitystat wrote:

The location has been a problem since the redesign. My location shows Montreal once, but it did display twice when I had my location set.

Why is my location still showing when I cleared it in my profile and set it to Private?

If your tech team was able to correct that, they would have removed an unnecessary call to the data source saving time.

May 15, 2022 10:35AM minustwo wrote:

Mods - thanks for responding, however the speed is definitely NOT improved by making the pages shorter. It take longer to load a thread and longer to go from page to page within a thread. Please add this to the discussion.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

May 15, 2022 11:09AM candy-678 wrote:

Mods- You said in your above post "we do not want to do anything to disrupt any other functionality before we move to a new platform with updated coding in the near future". So what is the timeline for a "new platform"??? I think if you can give us some sort of a timeline for a BCO site that will work as it should and be much better, it would help the grumblings. Tell us what BCO is planning and when. 1 month, 6 months, a year. When??!!

Dx 6/2017, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/2017, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 11/1/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 11/1/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 11/1/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 11/1/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2017 Femara (letrozole) Dx 4/2021, ER-/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 9/1/2021 Targeted Therapy 9/1/2021 Targeted Therapy 9/1/2021 Targeted Therapy 9/1/2021 translation missing: en.treatments.targeted_therapy.targeted_therapy_medicine.short_options.lynparza Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy AC Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left)

Page 382 of 387 (3,867 results)

Scroll to top button