Topic: Post your tech glitches, errors, issues, etc. here.

Forum: Comments, Suggestions, Feature Requests — Request new or improved features, report bugs, & view upcoming changes. Directly share constructive feedback at comments@breastcancer.org.

Posted on: May 9, 2012 07:07PM - edited May 8, 2020 09:22AM by moderators

Posted on: May 9, 2012 07:07PM - edited May 8, 2020 09:22AM by moderators

moderators wrote:

Hello all,

This thread is intended for members to post all technical glitches, errors, and problems with the site or forums. To directly share constructive feedback, you can email our team at comments@breastcancer.org.

When posting your issue, It would be helpful if you would state your browser/operating system, and when you share the error, please be as specific and concise as possible. If you can also post a screenshot, that would be helpful. Contact a Moderator if you need help taking or posting a screenshot. This will really help our staff and tech team!

Please read below to ensure your browser and system is compatible with Breastcancer.org:

Breastcancer.org is supported by the following browsers and systems:

Minimum Requirements:

- Chrome 26.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Firefox 20.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Safari 5 (OS X, Windows),

- Safari (iOS 5.0 version),

- Internet Explorer 8 and up,

- Android 4.0.1 and up.

*self-updating

To keep up with advancing software, support for older browsers is removed as new versions are released. Breastcancer.org suggests updating your system and / or browser as needed for the best online experience.

Resources for updates can be found at the following URLs:

Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Safari: http://support.apple.com/downloads/#safari

Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer.aspx

Additional help:

What is a web browser?

A web browser is a piece of software used to access the internet. The web browser goes out to grab data, brings it back to you and displays it on your monitor to let you interact with the website.

For users who are using the Microsoft's Windows operating system, the most likely web browser they're using is Internet Explorer, or “the blue E" as some people refer to it. Those using Apple's OS X, their default web browser is Safari.

Internet Explorer and Safari aren't the only web browser options you have. There is also Chrome and Firefox, both of which are free downloads.

What is an operating system?

Operating systems run your computer, laptop, tablet and phone. The operating system is the brain of your computer and is responsible for telling all the other pieces of your computer what to do. When you click on an icon to open up a program it tells your computer what has to happen to wake that application up so that you can use it.

The most common desktop operating system is Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7, etc.), followed by Apple's OS X.

Yours, The Mods

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 400 of 407 (4,064 results)

Jun 16, 2022 06:57PM minustwo wrote:

Mods - Maybe we should describe this latest glitch more fully? After you log in, yes you get to the profile page now. (whichi is really dumb, but.....) But when you try to get to community - my favorites does NOT appear in the list. Only if I click on something like 'active; and then back track to community does 'my favorites' appear. Or private messages for that matter. PLEASE, PLEASE - don't continue to make it harder and harder for us to communicate!!!!

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Jun 16, 2022 07:13PM exbrnxgrl wrote:

minustwo,

Thank you for such a clear description of this issue. That is exactly what is happening to me as well

Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 16, 2022 07:21PM wonderland wrote:

Why in the world is logging on here so complicated?!?! Logging on and off should be simple. This is beyond ridiculous. RELATIONSHIPS HAVE BEEN MADE HERE. We NEED to talk, listen, rant, laugh, cry with each other. WHY ARE YOU MAKING THIS SO FREAKING HARD?!!!

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/26/2006 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 1/1/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/4/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/21/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/19/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 17, 2022 07:11AM serenitystat wrote:

Mods,

Please change this back. You keep burying the links we use most often to try to force us to read your articles.

It's now harder for people to communicate with each other. This is the discussion forum.

BCO leaked our private data. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ . . . . . "Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) 🐶Dx.11/2015.IDC.L.IIIC.10/11nodes.++- ☕️12/2015.L.Mast 🛀2/2016.4AC.12Taxol.fasted 🖼9/2016.Rads.Nodes.ChestWall.15+4boosts 🥐10/2016.Tamox(2.5y) 🌲4/2019.Exemestane 🎭12/2019.Ibrance/Xgeva 🕊

Jun 17, 2022 08:41AM serenitystat wrote:

Mods,

Your reply below describes a ridiculous way to get back to Active Topics after login.

It’s easier to click the back arrow a few times to return to Active Topics. Of course, the best way is to not redirect us after login. The new redirect is infuriating. Who decided this was a good idea?

BCO leaked our private data. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ . . . . . "Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) 🐶Dx.11/2015.IDC.L.IIIC.10/11nodes.++- ☕️12/2015.L.Mast 🛀2/2016.4AC.12Taxol.fasted 🖼9/2016.Rads.Nodes.ChestWall.15+4boosts 🥐10/2016.Tamox(2.5y) 🌲4/2019.Exemestane 🎭12/2019.Ibrance/Xgeva 🕊

Jun 17, 2022 10:57AM - edited Jun 17, 2022 11:00AM by divinemrsm

This is my work around to the convoluted signing in. I almost hate to mention it because I fear some new fix on the forum will wipe it out. I pretty much always use my iPad when online. Here goes:

🔷 I booked mark this page, with All topics, active, favorites, ect.

🔷 I keep that bookmark on my toolbar. When I want to visit the forum, I click on the link and this page comes up:

🔷 So I go to the three lines upper right corner next to my cute little avatar face, and when it opens, I'm back to this:

🔷 If there are new responses to any of the My Favorite threads, it shows the number of how many. SO FAR in doing this, I have not had to sign in each and every single time I am here. I know some of you prefer logging out but I am okay with my way of access described above. Now it takes me about three clicks to get to where I want to go instead of six or seven wild and crazy confusing steps. I must admit, I almost never visit the bco dot org site, I am strictly a forum person.

found lump 12-22-10—ilc—er+/pr+/her2—stage iv bone mets—chemo~lumpectomy~radiation~arimidex—March 2019-ibrance/aromasin* —Sept 2019-verzenio* —March 2020-xeloda*

Jun 24, 2022 08:14PM serenitystat wrote:

Mods,

I wondered if you had updated the release notes, and I really shouldn't be surprised that the update is to extend the frequency to monthly.

I guess if you don't plan to improve the disastrous site experience, then there wouldn't be anything to report.

In case you didn't know, this is what I see when I log in from Active Topics.

I will never complete my profile, and I will never turn on recommendations. Please add the option to “Don't display this window again". I don't believe that has been requested by anyone else.

From here it takes a few clicks to return to Active Topics. Please stop redirecting me like this. The navigation experience at this site is horrendous. Bonus is it made me forget how glaring all the white space is.

We shouldn't have to use workarounds to try to avoid these navigation issues. So far my best workaround is to not post at all. I'm sure you're happy to not have me post here, but other experienced members are doing the same.

Jun 24, 2022 09:05PM ruthbru wrote:

I don't have any problems logging on when on my laptop, but on my phone it is a nightmare. As what serenitystat describes, it is multiple clicks which divert me to here, there, and everywhere before I can get to the Active Topics (which is where I want to be!). I have not turned on my recommendations either, so there is ZERO need to direct me there!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 24, 2022 10:18PM minustwo wrote:

I too will never turn on my recommendations. Working on a Windows 10 desktop with a FIrefox browser - I get the same run around as Serenity. I have to back track to get to active and then back track again to get to Favorites. PLEASE - we should be able to log on and immediately have the choice of active, favorites, private messages, etc. It just can't be that hard.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Jun 25, 2022 09:24AM - edited Jun 25, 2022 09:26AM by alicebastable

Ditto to all of the comments about the nightmare sign-in. I thought BCO had finally completely broken the site the first time I got flipped back to the useless recommendations and I almost deleted my account. Now it's just more damn steps to make us go through to be able to participate in these forums. Gee, I wonder why usership is way down? What could PISSIBLY be the problem? 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

ETA: I noticed the typo and came back to fix it, but then I realized PISSIBLY is a perfect term for this site.

Ignore treatment info (below) which is a BCO glitch. Do not enter personal information on this site since they grossly mishandled a data breach. Surgery 7/10/2018 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Surgery 8/7/2018 Radiation Therapy 10/28/2018 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Page 400 of 407 (4,064 results)

Scroll to top button