Topic: Post your tech glitches, errors, issues, etc. here.

Forum: Comments, Suggestions, Feature Requests — Request new or improved features, report bugs, & view upcoming changes. Directly share constructive feedback at comments@breastcancer.org.

Posted on: May 9, 2012 10:07PM - edited May 8, 2020 12:22PM by moderators

Posted on: May 9, 2012 10:07PM - edited May 8, 2020 12:22PM by moderators

moderators wrote:

Hello all,

This thread is intended for members to post all technical glitches, errors, and problems with the site or forums. To directly share constructive feedback, you can email our team at comments@breastcancer.org.

When posting your issue, It would be helpful if you would state your browser/operating system, and when you share the error, please be as specific and concise as possible. If you can also post a screenshot, that would be helpful. Contact a Moderator if you need help taking or posting a screenshot. This will really help our staff and tech team!

Please read below to ensure your browser and system is compatible with Breastcancer.org:

Breastcancer.org is supported by the following browsers and systems:

Minimum Requirements:

- Chrome 26.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Firefox 20.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Safari 5 (OS X, Windows),

- Safari (iOS 5.0 version),

- Internet Explorer 8 and up,

- Android 4.0.1 and up.

*self-updating

To keep up with advancing software, support for older browsers is removed as new versions are released. Breastcancer.org suggests updating your system and / or browser as needed for the best online experience.

Resources for updates can be found at the following URLs:

Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Safari: http://support.apple.com/downloads/#safari

Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer.aspx

Additional help:

What is a web browser?

A web browser is a piece of software used to access the internet. The web browser goes out to grab data, brings it back to you and displays it on your monitor to let you interact with the website.

For users who are using the Microsoft's Windows operating system, the most likely web browser they're using is Internet Explorer, or “the blue E" as some people refer to it. Those using Apple's OS X, their default web browser is Safari.

Internet Explorer and Safari aren't the only web browser options you have. There is also Chrome and Firefox, both of which are free downloads.

What is an operating system?

Operating systems run your computer, laptop, tablet and phone. The operating system is the brain of your computer and is responsible for telling all the other pieces of your computer what to do. When you click on an icon to open up a program it tells your computer what has to happen to wake that application up so that you can use it.

The most common desktop operating system is Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7, etc.), followed by Apple's OS X.

Yours, The Mods

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 414 of 415 (4,142 results)

Aug 5, 2022 07:54AM moderators wrote:

DivineMrsM, we are finalizing decisions on our end and hope to have an update very soon!

—The Mods

Aug 5, 2022 09:01AM serenitystat wrote:

Mods,

My location shows when it shouldn't. My location field is empty. You were trying a fix on the location setting some time ago. You said you were close. It failed. Did your tech team stop trying?

🌻 🇺🇦 BCO leaked our private data. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ . . . . . "Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) 🐶Dx.11/2015.IDC.L.IIIC.10/11nodes.++- ☕️12/2015.L.Mast 🛀2/2016.4AC.12Taxol.fasted 🖼9/2016.Rads.Nodes.ChestWall.15+4boosts 🥐10/2016.Tamox(2.5y) 🌲4/2019.Exemestane 🎭12/2019.Ibrance/Xgeva 🕊

Aug 5, 2022 10:24AM moderators wrote:

That location glitch is still being worked on. Thanks

Aug 5, 2022 05:27PM moderators wrote:

DivineMrsM and everyone- hopefully early next week!! Reviewing a contract. Stay tuned.

Aug 5, 2022 09:18PM minustwo wrote:

Mods - 90% of the locations have been erased. People who have been on here for years have had their locations erased. I agree - it's REALLY frustrating. If you saw where the poster lives, you could discuss all sort of relevant things.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Aug 5, 2022 09:42PM moderators wrote:

We are looking into the location issue. Thank you

Aug 6, 2022 10:40AM illinoislady wrote:

Mods,

Still waiting for whether there is a fix for my SMALL writing on the blogs. It suddenly changed yesterday and I don't know why, bur it is quite difficult to live with. Hoping for your help.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Aug 6, 2022 11:25AM moderators wrote:

Illinoislady, sending you a PM.

Aug 6, 2022 11:33AM wrenn wrote:

Receiving PMs would be apparent in a normally functioning site. There would be no need to announce it in a thread.

I am feeling angry again over the mess created by BCO given how many members have been unable to easily access their support team of many years in their last days. What a horrible experience for them and for their supporters.

Aug 6, 2022 02:04PM alicebastable wrote:

Wrenn, I echo what you said. I'm angry about all the conversations we haven't been able to have with people we've become friends with here in the last several months. It's just cruel that the site issues haven't been fixed yet, and it's made it so difficult to reliably communicate with friends we're about to lose.

Ignore treatment info (below) which is a BCO glitch. Do not enter personal information on this site since they grossly mishandled a data breach.

Page 414 of 415 (4,142 results)

Scroll to top button