Topic: Post your tech glitches, errors, issues, etc. here.

Forum: Comments, Suggestions, Feature Requests — Request new or improved features, report bugs, and view upcoming changes. Directly share constructive feedback at comments@breastcancer.org.

Posted on: May 9, 2012 07:07PM - edited May 8, 2020 09:22AM by moderators

Posted on: May 9, 2012 07:07PM - edited May 8, 2020 09:22AM by moderators

moderators wrote:

Hello all,

This thread is intended for members to post all technical glitches, errors, and problems with the site or forums. To directly share constructive feedback, you can email our team at comments@breastcancer.org.

When posting your issue, It would be helpful if you would state your browser/operating system, and when you share the error, please be as specific and concise as possible. If you can also post a screenshot, that would be helpful. Contact a Moderator if you need help taking or posting a screenshot. This will really help our staff and tech team!

Please read below to ensure your browser and system is compatible with Breastcancer.org:

Breastcancer.org is supported by the following browsers and systems:

Minimum Requirements:

- Chrome 26.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Firefox 20.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Safari 5 (OS X, Windows),

- Safari (iOS 5.0 version),

- Internet Explorer 8 and up,

- Android 4.0.1 and up.

*self-updating

To keep up with advancing software, support for older browsers is removed as new versions are released. Breastcancer.org suggests updating your system and / or browser as needed for the best online experience.

Resources for updates can be found at the following URLs:

Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Safari: http://support.apple.com/downloads/#safari

Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer.aspx

Additional help:

What is a web browser?

A web browser is a piece of software used to access the internet. The web browser goes out to grab data, brings it back to you and displays it on your monitor to let you interact with the website.

For users who are using the Microsoft's Windows operating system, the most likely web browser they're using is Internet Explorer, or “the blue E" as some people refer to it. Those using Apple's OS X, their default web browser is Safari.

Internet Explorer and Safari aren't the only web browser options you have. There is also Chrome and Firefox, both of which are free downloads.

What is an operating system?

Operating systems run your computer, laptop, tablet and phone. The operating system is the brain of your computer and is responsible for telling all the other pieces of your computer what to do. When you click on an icon to open up a program it tells your computer what has to happen to wake that application up so that you can use it.

The most common desktop operating system is Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7, etc.), followed by Apple's OS X.

Yours, The Mods

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 431 of 432 (4,318 results)

Sep 17, 2022 10:48AM lw422 wrote:

Divine--I access the forum on a laptop and I always stay logged in, at least until I reboot the PC or log out when I leave the website.

Sep 17, 2022 11:54AM threetree wrote:

Divine, like LW422, I too access on a laptop and stay logged in unless I actually log out or shut down my laptop. I think I stay logged in if I just go to another site for awhile.

It should be the same for all of us no matter what type of device.

Sep 17, 2022 12:05PM exbrnxgrl wrote:

And to add to the mix, I access this site on my iPad. Sometimes I stay logged in, sometimes I don’t without any discernible reason !

Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Sep 17, 2022 12:40PM wrenn wrote:

I can't stay logged on with laptop or ipad.

Sep 17, 2022 01:11PM minustwo wrote:

I use a desk top with FIrefox and I stay logged in until I sign out. Must have something to do with the equipment we're using???

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Sep 17, 2022 05:07PM divinemrsm wrote:

I almost exclusively use an iPad air, purchased a year ago. I have to log in every time I visit the forum. I don’t have that problem on other forums non-bc related that I belong to. Nor did I have the issue with the previous bc forum here………

found lump 12-22-10—ilc—er+/pr+/her2—stage iv bone mets—chemo~lumpectomy~radiation~arimidex—March 2019-ibrance/aromasin* —Sept 2019-verzenio* —March 2020-xeloda*

Sep 17, 2022 10:03PM minustwo wrote:

Devine: What a pain... I will be interested to see the Mod's response.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Sep 26, 2022 05:42AM zogo wrote:

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but when typing in a post, and wanting to change it, I can highlight a portion of it, but cannot highlight-delete. You have to go to delete one letter at a time. A good text editor should easily allow highlight-delete.

~Jane~ "Most obstacles melt away when we make up our minds to walk boldly through them" ......"You'll never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option"

Sep 26, 2022 12:03PM - edited Sep 26, 2022 12:04PM by moderators

Thanks Zogo!! Passing along (we think this is on the list!) Also, we will have a brand new platform by January, and it will have all the lovely features we want and need! Medicating

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Sep 26, 2022 06:14PM thecargirl wrote:

I feel so sad, this site will never be the same! It seems all the comments come from "moderators", very few timely and personal sharing. I miss those I got to know and looked forward to hearing from them, and learning from them, where did they go? You sent them away! I will never contribute again, the harm done can never he repaired.

Page 431 of 432 (4,318 results)

Scroll to top button