We are 189,077 members in 81 forums discussing 141,608 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Comments, Suggestions, Feature Requests → Topic: Post your tech glitches, errors, problems, etc. here.

Topic: Post your tech glitches, errors, problems, etc. here.

Forum: Comments, Suggestions, Feature Requests — Request new or improved features, report bugs, & view upcoming changes.

Posted on: May 9, 2012 10:07PM - edited Nov 15, 2013 08:07AM by Moderators

Moderators wrote:

Hello All,

A member suggested that we try to consolidate all glitches, errors, specific complaints in one spot (great idea!!). Please feel free to express your frustrations, dissatisfaction, etc. in any of the other threads, but leave this one strictly for listing your glitches/main concerns as it relates to the new format.

It would be helpful if you would state your browser/operating system, and when you share the error, please be as specific and concise as possible. This will really help our staff and tech team! And, this way we could post what we've fixed, all in one place.

UPDATE 11/15/13; Please read below to ensure your browser and system is compatible with Breastcancer.org:

Breastcancer.org is supported by the following browsers and systems:

Minimum Requirements:

- Chrome 26.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Firefox 20.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Safari 5 (OS X, Windows),

- Safari (iOS 5.0 version),

- Internet Explorer 8 and up,

- Android 4.0.1 and up.

*self-updating

To keep up with advancing software, support for older browsers is removed as new versions are released. Breastcancer.org suggests updating your system and / or browser as needed for the best online experience.

Resources for updates can be found at the following URLs:

Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Safari: http://support.apple.com/downloads/#safari

Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer.aspx

Additional help:

What is a web browser?

A web browser is a piece of software used to access the internet. The web browser goes out to grab data, brings it back to you and displays it on your monitor to let you interact with the website.

For users who are using the Microsoft’s Windows operating system, the most likely web browser they’re using is Internet Explorer, or “the blue E” as some people refer to it. Those using Apple’s OS X, their default web browser is Safari.

Internet Explorer and Safari aren’t the only web browser options you have. There is also Chrome and Firefox, both of which are free downloads.

What is an operating system?

Operating systems run your computer, laptop, tablet and phone. The operating system is the brain of your computer and is responsible for telling all the other pieces of your computer what to do. When you click on an icon to open up a program it tells your computer what has to happen to wake that application up so that you can use it.

The most common desktop operating system is Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7, etc.), followed by Apple’s OS X.

Yours, The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 73 of 74 (2,197 results)

Posts 2161 - 2190 (2,197 total)

Jan 19, 2017 04:35PM ceanna wrote:

I've been noticing for some weeks that when I click on threads from my "favorite topics" list to go to unread messages that it takes me past the last comment I read. Sometimes it's one or two comments past where I last read, but most of the time it's just takes me to the end of the first comment I haven't read (often directly to the diagnosis section, not the beginning of the comment)--annoying when the comment is long so I have to scroll back up to begin to read it. Why does it no longer link to the beginning of the first comment I haven't read?

Dx 11/2014, IDC, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/8/2014 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy Multi-catheter

Jan 19, 2017 05:31PM MelissaDallas wrote:

Me too Ceanna. It stops you too low on the page, past the text.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Jan 22, 2017 09:04AM Mominator wrote:

Hello Mods, I was wondering if there was any progress made on my previous suggestion:

adding an "are you sure" step to the "Remove from My Favorite Topics" link?

I noticed the green message again this morning "Topic has been removed from your Favorite Topics." Unfortunately, I can't figure out what topic was removed.

Thank you.

Mominator, BRCA2+, STK-11 VUS, wife, mom to 3 children of various special needs, musician, volunteer, 55 yrs young. My Mom dx DCIS at age 62, ILC stage IIIA at age 79. My Grandmother died of ovarian cancer at age 48. Friend to Lori M, died 5/25/16. Surgery 11/11/2015 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 1/18/2016 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Jan 22, 2017 10:03AM Moderators wrote:

Oh no... sorry for that. We actually passed your suggestion to the techs but still no news. We'll let you know as soon as we have an answer!

The Mods

Jan 22, 2017 09:25PM - edited Jan 22, 2017 09:26PM by kathindc

Mominator, pay close attention to the page you get the message "Topic has been removed from your Favotie Topics", hit the back arrow at the top, when you see a topic that wasn't on the previous page cluck on it. That should be the one. You can then add it back. It works for me. Took me a bit to figure out how to get it back without driving myself bonkers. Edited to add: Your suggestion is a great one. Hope the techs can do it.

Jan 25, 2017 05:23AM Mominator wrote:

Hi kathindc,

I hit the remove button while I was scrolling back to the top. I only noticed the green "Topic has been removed from your Favotie Topics" notice after I had already selected another topic to read. I did hit the back button and tried to check all the topics in my favorites page, but I couldn't tell which had been removed.

I did find my missing topic after two days. It hadn't been active since December. Maybe that's why I didn't notice it missing.

Mominator, BRCA2+, STK-11 VUS, wife, mom to 3 children of various special needs, musician, volunteer, 55 yrs young. My Mom dx DCIS at age 62, ILC stage IIIA at age 79. My Grandmother died of ovarian cancer at age 48. Friend to Lori M, died 5/25/16. Surgery 11/11/2015 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 1/18/2016 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Feb 20, 2017 08:50AM JO-5 wrote:

February 20th....I have checked everything and all is marked correctly....I am not receiving email notifications.

i have notified the mods and they have told me what to try ( turn favorites and email notifications off and then on again) so far that has not helped. i have heard from one other person having the same problem.

Anyone else?

JO-5

Org dx 04 lumpectomy rads arimidex stage 1 grade 3 no nodes er+pr+her- 2014 rads induced angiosarcoma, wide excision 2015 angio recurrence, rt mast. Lat flap, 1/3 flap went necrotic, skin graft leg to chest Seeing dr every 3 to 6 months.

Feb 20, 2017 12:17PM JO-5 wrote:

bumping to say email notifications still not working.

WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM

JO-5

Org dx 04 lumpectomy rads arimidex stage 1 grade 3 no nodes er+pr+her- 2014 rads induced angiosarcoma, wide excision 2015 angio recurrence, rt mast. Lat flap, 1/3 flap went necrotic, skin graft leg to chest Seeing dr every 3 to 6 months.

Feb 20, 2017 12:33PM seq24 wrote:

Speaking of things not working, the problem I've been having for months of having to reset my password every time I sign on still has not been corrected. I know I am not the only one experiencing this issue.

Dx 7/22/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/15/2016 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 9/9/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 2/12/2017 Hormonal Therapy 3/24/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 20, 2017 12:51PM Moderators wrote:

seq -- the tech team has been trying to replicate your issue, but are unable to do so. Still working on it!

JO-5 -- did you get our PM asking what your operating system and browser are? We need this info for the tech team to look into the issue.

Thanks!

Feb 20, 2017 12:57PM JO-5 wrote:

Yes, I just saw your pm and answered. I do know one other person not getting their email notifications.

JO-5

Feb 24, 2017 06:52PM kareenie wrote:

Mods I have the same problem as seq have to reset password every time I sign in. Site kicks me off after 24 hrs then need to reset. Android phone.
ILC 1994 & 2009, Endometrial CA 2005, DES dau, Chemo, Rads, Femara, Prolia, MRM L, ALND, PNSMX R, LE, FG

Feb 25, 2017 08:57PM Moderators wrote:

Ugh, kareenie. We'll take a look.

Mar 11, 2017 09:51PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Mods,

On Rockers group my page seems to be stuck from the last poster. It won't scroll down. I've looked and a couple of other posters had put in entries but I can't view them due to the stuck page. Can you go over and see why I'm stuck. I was not the last poster there so I'm baffled why my page won't scroll like it normally does.

Thanks

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 11, 2017 09:55PM ksusan wrote:

I have noticed this as well, IllinoisLady. It's been going on for a couple of hours.

Mutant uprising quashed. Dx 1/2015, IDC, Right, Stage IIA, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/2015, DCIS, Left, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy Whole-breast Chemotherapy Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Mar 11, 2017 10:04PM annoyingboob wrote:

how about a 'like' button??? like on fb, but instead of a thumbs up, a boob emoji?

Dx 12/2016, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+ Surgery 1/4/2017 Lumpectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 2/20/2017 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/2/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Mar 11, 2017 10:33PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Still stuck at this time and it has been going on for a good while ksusan. Hope we can have it looked at soon. I feel withdrawals fast approaching.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 11, 2017 10:43PM ksusan wrote:

I messaged the mods.

Mutant uprising quashed. Dx 1/2015, IDC, Right, Stage IIA, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/2015, DCIS, Left, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy Whole-breast Chemotherapy Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Mar 12, 2017 12:05AM ruthbru wrote:

I'm getting the same stuck thing on the Rockers thread as well.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 12, 2017 04:14AM - edited Mar 12, 2017 04:51AM by Moderators

We are too! We have reported it to our tech team! There is probably a faulty link in there somewhere that caused it. Our apologies and we hope to get it fixed soon.

Mar 12, 2017 10:07AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Hi Mods,

As of 9:05 this a.m. I'm still without the capability to use the Rockers forum. Hope the tech team is getting closer to identifying the issue so we can all get back on. Lots of catching up to do.

Mar 12, 2017 02:14PM ksusan wrote:

Rockers thread now shows in "my favorites" as having new posts, but still cuts off with an incomplete screen exactly where it did yesterday.

Mar 12, 2017 02:19PM SerenitySTAT wrote:

That's me.I'm having the same problems, but I'm adding posts in case getting to the next page "fixes" the problem.

"Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) 🐶☕️🛀🖼🥐🌲🎭Dx 11/2015 IDC Left IIIC 10/11 nodes ER+ PR+ HER2-; Mast/SNB/ALND 12/2015 Left; 4 AC+12 T 2/2016; Rads 9/2016 Nodes Chest wall 15+4 boosts; HT 10/2016 Tamox

Mar 12, 2017 02:25PM SerenitySTAT wrote:

Can you try the thread again? Think I kicked it back to working.

"Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) 🐶☕️🛀🖼🥐🌲🎭Dx 11/2015 IDC Left IIIC 10/11 nodes ER+ PR+ HER2-; Mast/SNB/ALND 12/2015 Left; 4 AC+12 T 2/2016; Rads 9/2016 Nodes Chest wall 15+4 boosts; HT 10/2016 Tamox

Mar 12, 2017 02:39PM ksusan wrote:

Yes! I didn't even have an area to add new posts. Glad you shook it loose.

Mar 12, 2017 02:41PM SerenitySTAT wrote:

ThumbsUp

Mar 12, 2017 03:10PM ruthbru wrote:

Thanks, mods!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 5, 2017 12:40PM IllinoisLady wrote:

I am experiencing when I post my entry on Say Yes, being taking immediately to a page that says there are difficulties --- and I have to work my way back in and thankfully have found that my post has gone in okay -- but it is off-putting to get messages as if the site is down for some reason or though not saying so --- I've made some sort of problem.

May 5, 2017 01:19PM Moderators wrote:

Thanks Illinoislady. We're experiencing some glitches and our tech team is working on a solution. Hang in there and thanks for letting us know!

May 5, 2017 01:21PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Thanks and just so you can see though someone else may have had the same thing happen -- here's what I get:

We're sorry, but something went wrong.

It comes with a red box around it. Thank goodness when I hit the Discussion Boards in my favorite --- what I posted is there.

Page 73 of 74 (2,197 results)