We are 196,386 members in 81 forums discussing 144,722 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Comments, Suggestions, Feature Requests → Topic: Post your tech glitches, errors, problems, etc. here.

Topic: Post your tech glitches, errors, problems, etc. here.

Forum: Comments, Suggestions, Feature Requests — Request new or improved features, report bugs, & view upcoming changes.

Posted on: May 9, 2012 07:07PM - edited Nov 15, 2013 05:07AM by Moderators

Moderators wrote:

Hello All,

A member suggested that we try to consolidate all glitches, errors, specific complaints in one spot (great idea!!). Please feel free to express your frustrations, dissatisfaction, etc. in any of the other threads, but leave this one strictly for listing your glitches/main concerns as it relates to the new format.

It would be helpful if you would state your browser/operating system, and when you share the error, please be as specific and concise as possible. This will really help our staff and tech team! And, this way we could post what we've fixed, all in one place.

UPDATE 11/15/13; Please read below to ensure your browser and system is compatible with Breastcancer.org:

Breastcancer.org is supported by the following browsers and systems:

Minimum Requirements:

- Chrome 26.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Firefox 20.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Safari 5 (OS X, Windows),

- Safari (iOS 5.0 version),

- Internet Explorer 8 and up,

- Android 4.0.1 and up.

*self-updating

To keep up with advancing software, support for older browsers is removed as new versions are released. Breastcancer.org suggests updating your system and / or browser as needed for the best online experience.

Resources for updates can be found at the following URLs:

Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Safari: http://support.apple.com/downloads/#safari

Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer.aspx

Additional help:

What is a web browser?

A web browser is a piece of software used to access the internet. The web browser goes out to grab data, brings it back to you and displays it on your monitor to let you interact with the website.

For users who are using the Microsoft’s Windows operating system, the most likely web browser they’re using is Internet Explorer, or “the blue E” as some people refer to it. Those using Apple’s OS X, their default web browser is Safari.

Internet Explorer and Safari aren’t the only web browser options you have. There is also Chrome and Firefox, both of which are free downloads.

What is an operating system?

Operating systems run your computer, laptop, tablet and phone. The operating system is the brain of your computer and is responsible for telling all the other pieces of your computer what to do. When you click on an icon to open up a program it tells your computer what has to happen to wake that application up so that you can use it.

The most common desktop operating system is Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7, etc.), followed by Apple’s OS X.

Yours, The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 74 of 75 (2,234 results)

Posts 2191 - 2220 (2,234 total)

May 5, 2017 10:55AM duckyb1 wrote:

Mods....clearly something is wrong with the website.....everyone is getting a diferent message......like Illinois mine says "something went wrong", and message keep coming back as new, when they are already read......The message is in red
Ducky Dx 2/15/2011, IDC, Right, 1cm, Grade 1, 0/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 4/24/2011 Whole-breast: Breast

May 5, 2017 10:58AM duckyb1 wrote:

Ok, just sent a message and it didn't show up......having the same problem as Illinois Lady......red message says.....sorry but someting went wrong....

Ducky Dx 2/15/2011, IDC, Right, 1cm, Grade 1, 0/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 4/24/2011 Whole-breast: Breast

May 5, 2017 11:17AM Moderators wrote:

Thanks Ducky, we're working on it!

May 5, 2017 11:34AM Mominator wrote:

Hello Mods,

sorry you're having a crazy day.

While I'm visiting, have the techs made any progress on my suggestion about

adding an "are you sure" step to the "Remove from My Favorite Topics" link?

It was January 10 when I first suggested, and January 22 when I reminded you.

I deleted another topic on my phone recently, and took a while before I found it again.

Sorry to bug you.

Mominator, BRCA2+, STK-11 VUS, wife, mom to 3 children of various special needs, musician, volunteer, 55 yrs young. My Mom dx DCIS at age 62, ILC stage IIIA at age 79. My Grandmother died of ovarian cancer at age 48. Friend to Lori M, died 5/25/16. Surgery 11/10/2015 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 1/18/2016 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

May 5, 2017 11:48AM Moderators wrote:

Hi Mominator,

Thanks for following up. We do have your suggestion on the to-do list for the tech team, but we haven't gotten an update recently where that stands. We'll see if we can find out the status and let you know!

--The Mods

May 9, 2017 10:06AM Moderators wrote:

Hi Mominator! You'll be happy to know our tech team rolled this feature out in April, so you should be able to see it now. Let us know if that is not the case!

--The Mods

May 19, 2017 09:34PM Mominator wrote:

Woo-hoo!

I tested the "are you sure" step on the "Remove from My Favorite Topics" link on both my computer and my phone. It works great! It's just what we need when our fingers slip on our phones.

I'm sorry for the delay in testing the new feature. I'm in the middle of "end-of-school-year" craziness.

Thank you Mods!

Mominator, BRCA2+, STK-11 VUS, wife, mom to 3 children of various special needs, musician, volunteer, 55 yrs young. My Mom dx DCIS at age 62, ILC stage IIIA at age 79. My Grandmother died of ovarian cancer at age 48. Friend to Lori M, died 5/25/16. Surgery 11/10/2015 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 1/18/2016 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Jul 11, 2017 03:09PM BarredOwl wrote:

Hi:

In recent months, some of the formatting features for posts don't seem to work anymore.

For example, when I draft a post with indentation, the indents appear in the draft, but none of the text is indented upon posting.

The "Insert Horizontal Rule" (inserts a horizontal line) also does not work anymore. I see the horizontal line in the draft, but there is no line upon posting.

Lastly, in my older posts, I can no longer see screen shots that I myself posted using the "Insert Image" option. Instead, I often see a small box with a question mark in it.

I'd appreciate it if you would check into this issue.

Thanks,

BarredOwl

Stage IA IDC, 9/2013 BMX. Right: IDC (1.5 mm, grade 2) with DCIS (5+ cm), 0/4 nodes, pN0. Left: DCIS (5+ cm), 0/1 node, pN0(i+).

Jul 12, 2017 07:24AM Moderators wrote:

Hi BarredOwl,

Using this post as a tester. Could you please also provide to us your operating system and browser?

Thanks!

--The Mods

Jul 12, 2017 07:24AM Moderators wrote:

Quick follow up: you're right, we're seeing the same thing as per our above post, which we'd tried to insert an indent a

Thanks!

Jul 12, 2017 10:39AM Hopeful82014 wrote:

Hi - 2 issues to raise here:

1) Is there any way that we could create a folder to archive particular posts (say, on research) that we want to come back to? I currently use my Favorite Topics as a very awkward means of doing so but that doesn't point me to a particular post, which is what I usually want to save.

2) Yesterday evening I found that BCO no longer works on my admittedly older iPad. I can go to the site but it goes blank after about a second. I'm having the same issue with another (news) site and it started at the same time so it's not just BCO but wondered if anyone has run up against this in the past? I've re-started the iPad and it makes no difference. Any insights will be appreciated. (I'm resisting installing the latest updates on the iPad due to horror stories and that may be the problem. I hope not.)

Dx 2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 12, 2017 10:57AM Moderators wrote:

Hi Hopeful,

Right now, no there's no way to save a particular post, though we can see how this could be useful. We'll add it to our list to discuss with the tech team as a possible wish-list item. Thanks for the idea!

As far as the iPad issue, it's likely that it's because of the version you're using. Do you know what version it is that you are using on that device? After some time, our site will become incompatible with an outdated iOS, so that is likely the issue.

We hope this helps!

--The Mods

Jul 12, 2017 02:35PM Hopeful82014 wrote:

Hi, Mods -

Thanks for the info and for considering the suggestion. I hope the tech team can do something with it!

I am using an older iPad with an older OS, which may be the problem but it seems odd that functionality would change literally from one hour to the next. I've also noticed issues on my DESKTOP computer (which is fairly new) in formatting and dysfunctionality of the typographical emphasis options (bolding, Italicizing). These issues have been spreading from one function to to the next over the past few weeks.

Dx 2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 13, 2017 01:02PM BarredOwl wrote:

Adding to the things not functioning for me:

Text Formatting: Bold and Italic work, but strikeout (the "Deleted") does not. "Indent" still does not work.

Email notification on for PMs: Despite receiving a number of PMs, I am not receiving email notifications of PMs.

BarredOwl

Stage IA IDC, 9/2013 BMX. Right: IDC (1.5 mm, grade 2) with DCIS (5+ cm), 0/4 nodes, pN0. Left: DCIS (5+ cm), 0/1 node, pN0(i+).

Jul 13, 2017 01:18PM Moderators wrote:

Dear BarredOwl,

We will check in with our tech team. The Mods

Aug 17, 2017 12:46PM - edited Aug 17, 2017 12:50PM by IllinoisLady

I have noticed as of late one of my favorites does not register new entries. I didn't report for a few days hoping it was something strange that would FIX itself. Seems very disinclined. I'm now on a Windows 10 and IE. The Say thread is the only one not announcing new entries. Hope you can help.

By the way, been meaning to tell you how much I like and often use way more than I wish the ARE YOU SURE feature. Sometimes I have limited time and get too 'fast' and hit something not meant. Use to send me into apoplexy but LOVE being able to do my own correction and not have to worry about upsetting others due to my carelessness. Thanks a bunch for whoever came up with that.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Aug 17, 2017 01:03PM Moderators wrote:

Hi IllinoisLady --

Thanks for the nice words about the Are Your Sure? feature -- this was a member-generated suggestion, and we're very happy it's come in handy for you!

As for your favorites not updating -- we'll pass this along to the tech team. Not sure what's going on there. Let us know if it ends up fixing itself before we get back to you.

Thanks!

--The Mods

Aug 23, 2017 11:45AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Though a bit early Mods, I'm just checking in to let you know that one of the items in my favorites list still does not update as yet. Thanks.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Aug 28, 2017 12:13PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Past couple days it seems that I am getting notice of entries, but it doesn't seem to always want to go to the last one read -- sigh !!! Hoping that finds itself fixed after a bit.

Aug 28, 2017 12:40PM Moderators wrote:

Thanks IL, we have reported this to the tech team and hope they will have a resolution for you soon!

--The Mods

Sep 15, 2017 03:39AM - edited Sep 15, 2017 03:40AM by NancyHB

I'm unable to scroll through the site this morning. I can see posts and navigate the site, but there is no scroll bar on the right, and I can't move posts/threads up and down using my finger on my screen. Its not my browser; I've been all over the interwebz this morning and not had this problem anywhere else. I even turned my phone off and back on - still unable to scroll. I can only move up or down by double-tapping high or low on the screen, which seems to advance things up or down just a bit.Anyone else, or am I just special? :-)

"Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life." - Omar Khayyam Dx 11/22/2011, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 12/5/2011 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 1/19/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/12/2012 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 1/27/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 2/15/2016 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Left Chemotherapy 3/1/2016 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 7/21/2016 Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Dx 1/31/2017, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone

Sep 15, 2017 03:40AM Moderators wrote:

Hi Nancy,

That is strange!

We'll pass it onto the tech team and anyone else who has this problem be sure to let us know.

Thanks,

The Mods.

Sep 24, 2017 11:13AM MinusTwo wrote:

Mods: I've just started getting this message when i try to read the posts on your Breaking Research News site. Apparently no problem with the discussion boards. What's up?

The owner of www.breastcancer.org has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Sep 24, 2017 11:17AM MinusTwo wrote:

Mods - additional info - If I sign off as a member & just go to breastcancer.org (on the same desktop computer) I am able to open the Breaking Research News w/o out the error message. I was trying to read the article about higher cholesterol meaning less BC. Wonder if it's a problem with the link within the discussion board thread?

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Sep 24, 2017 11:39AM Moderators wrote:

Hi MinusTwo! You mean this article? Study Looks at Relationship Between High Cholesterol and Lower Breast Cancer Risk

Please try now and let us know how it goes. Looks like something was wrong with the link.

Sep 24, 2017 12:00PM MinusTwo wrote:

This link works fine. I also went back to the Breaking News thread and it works fine there now also. Thanks Mods.

Sep 24, 2017 12:20PM Moderators wrote:

You're welcome! Winking

Sep 26, 2017 09:04PM MinusTwo wrote:

Mods - sorry to report that I HATE the new "enhanced" log in page with the picture. I have a regular size desktop screen so it now requires me to make more moves to log in. I can't imagine that people logging in on their phones or lap tops are really excited about the larger page. Is the picture really necessary?

Sep 27, 2017 03:42AM Moderators wrote:

Sorry for that! Looks like in the tablet and mobile phone version there's no picture. Anyway, we'll pass along your feedback.

Thanks!

Sep 27, 2017 09:53AM MinusTwo wrote:

Good news about the tablet & the phone. Now if we can just get the picture off the desktop.

Page 74 of 75 (2,234 results)