We are 197,799 members in 81 forums discussing 145,375 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Comments, Suggestions, Feature Requests → Topic: Post your tech glitches, errors, problems, etc. here.

Topic: Post your tech glitches, errors, problems, etc. here.

Forum: Comments, Suggestions, Feature Requests — Request new or improved features, report bugs, & view upcoming changes.

Posted on: May 9, 2012 10:07PM - edited Nov 15, 2013 08:07AM by Moderators

Moderators wrote:

Hello All,

A member suggested that we try to consolidate all glitches, errors, specific complaints in one spot (great idea!!). Please feel free to express your frustrations, dissatisfaction, etc. in any of the other threads, but leave this one strictly for listing your glitches/main concerns as it relates to the new format.

It would be helpful if you would state your browser/operating system, and when you share the error, please be as specific and concise as possible. This will really help our staff and tech team! And, this way we could post what we've fixed, all in one place.

UPDATE 11/15/13; Please read below to ensure your browser and system is compatible with Breastcancer.org:

Breastcancer.org is supported by the following browsers and systems:

Minimum Requirements:

- Chrome 26.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Firefox 20.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Safari 5 (OS X, Windows),

- Safari (iOS 5.0 version),

- Internet Explorer 8 and up,

- Android 4.0.1 and up.

*self-updating

To keep up with advancing software, support for older browsers is removed as new versions are released. Breastcancer.org suggests updating your system and / or browser as needed for the best online experience.

Resources for updates can be found at the following URLs:

Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Safari: http://support.apple.com/downloads/#safari

Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer.aspx

Additional help:

What is a web browser?

A web browser is a piece of software used to access the internet. The web browser goes out to grab data, brings it back to you and displays it on your monitor to let you interact with the website.

For users who are using the Microsoft’s Windows operating system, the most likely web browser they’re using is Internet Explorer, or “the blue E” as some people refer to it. Those using Apple’s OS X, their default web browser is Safari.

Internet Explorer and Safari aren’t the only web browser options you have. There is also Chrome and Firefox, both of which are free downloads.

What is an operating system?

Operating systems run your computer, laptop, tablet and phone. The operating system is the brain of your computer and is responsible for telling all the other pieces of your computer what to do. When you click on an icon to open up a program it tells your computer what has to happen to wake that application up so that you can use it.

The most common desktop operating system is Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7, etc.), followed by Apple’s OS X.

Yours, The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 75 of 75 (2,241 results)

Posts 2221 - 2241 (2,241 total)

Sep 27, 2017 09:03PM LeesaD wrote:

I haven't come across this suggestion but someone else might've suggested it too but how about a 'Like' feature on comments. Sometimes I really would like to acknowledge comments made on various threads by members without commenting myself. 😊
Oncotype Score 3, 2/4 Sentinal Nodes micromestasis so pushed for ALND for 'peace of Mind' and surprise found 2/14 positive axillary nodes Dx 2/3/2017, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 4/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2017 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/17/2017 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 5/9/2017 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 8/2/2017 Hormonal Therapy 9/7/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Surgery 11/17/2017 Prophylactic ovary removal

Sep 27, 2017 09:15PM MinusTwo wrote:

Leesa - I think this has been discussed before. From what I remember, most of us didn't want this site to be like Facebook. Rather a sharing of thoughts.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Sep 27, 2017 10:06PM LeesaD wrote:

Thanks Minustwo! I figured it had been suggested prior. Sometimes when I scroll or am in a hurry I wish I could acknowledge quickl info others have posted but it's still all good👍😉
Oncotype Score 3, 2/4 Sentinal Nodes micromestasis so pushed for ALND for 'peace of Mind' and surprise found 2/14 positive axillary nodes Dx 2/3/2017, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 4/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/27/2017 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/17/2017 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 5/9/2017 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 8/2/2017 Hormonal Therapy 9/7/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Surgery 11/17/2017 Prophylactic ovary removal

Sep 30, 2017 11:16PM MinusTwo wrote:

mods - any progress getting rid of the picture at the top of the log in page for desktops. Why should we have to have it when phones & tablets don't? It's MOST annoying.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Oct 9, 2017 02:04AM ceanna wrote:

I've been reading posts on another thread about suddenly getting email notices about postings on threads on my favs list. I checked when I first starting receiving these notices--September 28--and I'm only getting notices for favorites I added most recently, not the ones I have had in my favorites for longer than a month. I hope my toggling the Add/Remove on the fav list tonight will correct the problem. Is the default on Add/Remove now set for Add?

I totally agree with MinusTwo that the extra large picture at the top of the log in page for desktops has got to go!!! Why do I want to take the extra time to scroll down for a picture I don't need to see!!!!! I see no reason for the pic--I already know I'm on the log in page!

Why don't you ask members what they want before you implement something we don't want?

Dx 11/2014, IDC, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/8/2014 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy Multi-catheter

Oct 9, 2017 10:07AM MinusTwo wrote:

ceanna - thanks for the confirmation. this picture makes me so annoyed every time I log in that I just want to stop visiting BCO

Oct 9, 2017 11:22AM Spookiesmom wrote:

I contacted the mods about the email issue weeks ago. They said they would send to IT. Nothing has been done.

Now I mark them as spam and send to trash. That seems to be working.

Dx IDC, Stage IIIA, Grade 3

Oct 14, 2017 01:29PM - edited Oct 14, 2017 01:44PM by ceanna

I reported a particular glitch any number of weeks, maybe months, ago but haven't yet seen an improvement. Today was a typical example of clicking on one of my favorites that show new postings and when the link opens, it opens to postings I have read before and not just to the new posting(s). This time it went back almost 2 weeks (October 2 posting), even though previously it had linked to newer postings and I have read newer postings while logged in almost every day since then. I'm beginning to suspect it only occurs in threads where graphics have been posted. I have not seen it occur in my "favorite" threads where there is only text postings. This is annoying and sometimes hard to find the correct starting spot if there are a large number of postings.

Also, still waiting for the log in page newly added, not needed picture to be reduced in size or eliminated. It is redundant--I already know I'm on the log in page and don't want to have to scroll down to actually enter my ID and password.

Thanks for addressing these issues asap.

Edited for spelling error.

Dx 11/2014, IDC, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/8/2014 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy Multi-catheter

Oct 14, 2017 01:36PM MinusTwo wrote:

Seconding Ceanna's request to emphasize my original request to GET RID OF THE PICTURE for those of us logging in on a desk top. It is so annoying. Please report progress.

Oct 14, 2017 02:42PM Moderators wrote:

We hear you, and those issues had already been reported to the tech team. Really hope it can be fixed soon!

The Mods

Oct 15, 2017 02:43PM ceanna wrote:

Mods, thanks for updating. Perhaps there's some way to keep us updated on a regular basis so we don't keep asking. When we don't hear and the glitch keeps happening, we have no idea what's going on.

Nov 4, 2017 02:43PM MinusTwo wrote:

Mods: It's been more than 30 days now since I first reported the annoyance of the picture of the phone on the log in for a desk top. Can you Please give us an update? This isn't like a thread I can just ignore. It hits me in the face every single time I log in and have to do double work for the confirmation log in. To recap - it doesn't appear on phones & tablets. Why does it have to be on the desktops? Are you going to be able to remove it?

Nov 4, 2017 11:50PM - edited Nov 5, 2017 08:39AM by Moderators

Okay, we'll try to either remove, or make much smaller.

We dod hear you, but haven't gotten to it. We added it in order to make it more (not less) inviting.

Our apologies!

Nov 5, 2017 02:32AM MinusTwo wrote:

Mods - thanks. As Ceanna said, we don't need to know about phones if we're on desk tops. Hope you can just remove as superfluous.

Dec 3, 2017 12:39PM eric95us wrote:

After adding a link using the following procedure, copy the link with CTRL-C, open the link window using the "looks like glasses" icon, add the link and text, click insert. The link appears and any text I type after that sometimes continues to TEST to have the same formatting as the link. The uppercase test is the text I typed in the link window and the lower case stuff afte that is what I typed.

I'm using Firefox 52.5.0 64 bit on Slackware Linux...but I've noticed it does the same thing on MS Windows and IE. I haven't paid any attention as to whether it does it on my Android phone.

husband of slawson

Dec 6, 2017 09:30AM Moderators wrote:

Hi Eric -- posting here so others can see the solution for this.

Once you insert a link, you'll need to press enter after adding the the link text, and if you start typing additional text, the hyperlink should no longer be there - then you can backspace to align the text back into the paragraph, and that should take care of it. This is a less tidy way to handle this.

Another option would be to highlight/select the text you don't want hyperlinked and click the link icon (the "glasses"), and select "unlink".

OR another option would be to access the html coding by clicking "Use plain text editor" link at the bottom of the post field, next to the Preview and Submit buttons. Once in the html form, look for the beginning of your link in the text (<a html="xxxxxxurlxxxxxxx">text of link). At the END of that text for the link, add </a> and that will end the hyperlinking just after the text you've put the </a>. You'll also need to remove the additional </a> where the old hyperlinked text ends.

We hope this isn't too confusing! Let us know if you need more help.

Will also send you a PM with this info!

--The Mods

Dec 11, 2017 08:58AM aussie12 wrote:

i can't go to the main page or click on the community section when I'm on my laptop because there is a big add on the front page. The cross at the corner isn't visible to click on it to get rid of it. Thanks.

Dx 2/2/2012, DCIS, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/16/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 5/13/2012 Surgery 3/7/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement

Dec 11, 2017 11:10AM Moderators wrote:

aussie12, we'll send your a private message.

Dec 11, 2017 05:39PM MinusTwo wrote:

Oh darn - I was hoping this might FINALLY jolt you into removing the picture of the cell phone off of the log in page. If I remember the conversations, this picture does not show on a phone or on a tablet screen. But it makes the log in process on a desk top EXTREMELY annoying.

Dec 11, 2017 06:26PM Moderators wrote:

Okay, Minustwo, we'll get it down! Sorry!

Dec 11, 2017 11:15PM ceanna wrote:

I hope the moderators and techies follow through on its removal--it's been over a month since the last time the same statement was made. Indeed, very annoying and forces us to scroll down to log in, and the cell phone has nothing to do with logging in on a laptop!!!

Page 75 of 75 (2,241 results)