We are 214,047 members in 82 forums discussing 152,598 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Post your tech glitches, errors, problems, etc. here.

Forum: Comments, Suggestions, Feature Requests — Request new or improved features, report bugs, & view upcoming changes.

Posted on: May 9, 2012 10:07PM - edited Nov 15, 2013 08:07AM by Moderators

Moderators wrote:

Hello All,

A member suggested that we try to consolidate all glitches, errors, specific complaints in one spot (great idea!!). Please feel free to express your frustrations, dissatisfaction, etc. in any of the other threads, but leave this one strictly for listing your glitches/main concerns as it relates to the new format.

It would be helpful if you would state your browser/operating system, and when you share the error, please be as specific and concise as possible. This will really help our staff and tech team! And, this way we could post what we've fixed, all in one place.

UPDATE 11/15/13; Please read below to ensure your browser and system is compatible with Breastcancer.org:

Breastcancer.org is supported by the following browsers and systems:

Minimum Requirements:

- Chrome 26.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Firefox 20.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Safari 5 (OS X, Windows),

- Safari (iOS 5.0 version),

- Internet Explorer 8 and up,

- Android 4.0.1 and up.

*self-updating

To keep up with advancing software, support for older browsers is removed as new versions are released. Breastcancer.org suggests updating your system and / or browser as needed for the best online experience.

Resources for updates can be found at the following URLs:

Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Safari: http://support.apple.com/downloads/#safari

Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer.aspx

Additional help:

What is a web browser?

A web browser is a piece of software used to access the internet. The web browser goes out to grab data, brings it back to you and displays it on your monitor to let you interact with the website.

For users who are using the Microsoft’s Windows operating system, the most likely web browser they’re using is Internet Explorer, or “the blue E” as some people refer to it. Those using Apple’s OS X, their default web browser is Safari.

Internet Explorer and Safari aren’t the only web browser options you have. There is also Chrome and Firefox, both of which are free downloads.

What is an operating system?

Operating systems run your computer, laptop, tablet and phone. The operating system is the brain of your computer and is responsible for telling all the other pieces of your computer what to do. When you click on an icon to open up a program it tells your computer what has to happen to wake that application up so that you can use it.

The most common desktop operating system is Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7, etc.), followed by Apple’s OS X.

Yours, The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 77 of 77 (2,295 results)

Posts 2281 - 2295 (2,295 total)

Oct 3, 2018 10:32AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Mods,

Just checked recently since in many of my posts I highlight pictures, memes etc. Today ( after checking again for so long ) I was finally able to resize down to a much smaller and I felt realia tic size.

Only one item left on my wish list -- that posts that are read will not continue ( even when I post ) to be NEW. I know it is somewhat lazy of me, but I like to know at a glance what I need to deal with -- and also I like knowing at a glance if threads I'm on are moving or not.

I would like to say a BIG thank-you for the sizing issue. I hated not being able to put in something that would glare just due to size. Thank you, thank you.

Jackie

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Oct 3, 2018 01:27PM Moderators wrote:

Dear Jackie,

We are glad that your photo size has been resolved. We are not sure about the issue with the posts reading as new. We will check in about it. The Mods

Oct 4, 2018 01:08AM ceanna wrote:

Just noticed something tonight and wanted to ask. In August when you added the "latest activity" date to everyone's posting, I wasn't a fan--still not, but tonight I starting looking at threads before I logged in. Usually I log in first. Even when we don't log in, we can see members "latest activity" date. I'm concerned about non-members knowing when someone has been online, privacy, and security issues with the date being available to non-members. Can you block this date to non-members?

Dx 2014, IDC, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Multi-catheter Surgery Lumpectomy: Right

Oct 5, 2018 11:14PM MinusTwo wrote:

Mods: the "back to the top" link does not seem to be working on any of the 5 or 6 threads I tried tonight. Yes, I can 'motor' back up to choose the next option in 'my favorites', but hope this isn't permanent.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Oct 6, 2018 07:45AM Moderators wrote:

Dear MinusTwo,

Can you try again and let us know the outcome. It does seem to be working for us right now but if you continue to have difficulties let us know. The Mods

Oct 6, 2018 11:38AM MinusTwo wrote:

Working fine now. Weird glitch. Thanks

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Oct 6, 2018 12:05PM Moderators wrote:

Dear MinusTwo,

Thanks for letting us know. The Mods

Oct 27, 2018 08:40AM MelissaDallas wrote:

Please fix the year of birth drop down list on the "create an account page" and add a statement that you must be eighteen to post. Inevitably someone comes along to make sure and tell the children who post on the discussion boards that they could have cancer. Would you want your kid getting personal medical misinformation from stangers on the internet?

on the internet?

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Oct 27, 2018 09:07AM Moderators wrote:

Dear MelissaDallas,

We are aware of this glitch with regards to age in the drop down box. In the meantime, we work to stay on top of responding to young - under 18 new members. We have deleted the post from this morning. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The Mods

Nov 11, 2018 10:24AM kathindc wrote:

Mods, I can’t get into Prayers for MammaRay. I get kicked to the page with announcements. It is current as it shows a new post six hours ago Also, it’s not showing add email notification in the my favorites menu. Got into all my other favorites without a hitch

Nov 11, 2018 02:50PM - edited Nov 12, 2018 01:00PM by Moderators

For a variety of reasons, we deleted the person who started the thread, which made this as the result. We may reinstate it, but need to discuss.

Sorry about this inconvenience.

The Mods

Nov 12, 2018 02:44PM cherylking2005 wrote:

I have always been receiving updates on certain topics via email And all of a sudden I am No Longer getting them. I have gone into the topics and I requested email updates and then re-requesting email updates but I am still not getting emails with the topics selected. Why?

Nov 12, 2018 02:50PM Moderators wrote:

@cherylking, not sure either. Let us take a look.

Our apologies.

Dec 6, 2018 06:50AM MelissaDallas wrote:

Once again there is a sixteen year old posting in the not diagnosed format. I reported the post eleven hours ago as a rule vilolation because she is under eighteen and it is against the terms of use for her to post here and told her she needs to talk to her mom again if she is still worried. The post is still up. It should be taken down before someone comes along to tell her that she might have cancer. Or that someone else decides to tell me how horrid I am by telling her to talk to her mom...

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Dec 6, 2018 08:15AM Moderators wrote:

MelissaDallas, the post has been removed and we've contacted the member via private message to let her know. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

The Mods

Page 77 of 77 (2,295 results)