Join Us

We are 217,480 members in 84 forums discussing 160,584 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Post your tech glitches, errors, issues, etc. here.

Forum: Comments, Suggestions, Feature Requests —

Request new or improved features, report bugs, & view upcoming changes. Directly share constructive feedback at comments@breastcancer.org.

Posted on: May 9, 2012 10:07PM - edited May 8, 2020 12:22PM by Moderators

Moderators wrote:

Hello all,

This thread is intended for members to post all technical glitches, errors, and problems with the site or forums. To directly share constructive feedback, you can email our team at comments@breastcancer.org.

When posting your issue, It would be helpful if you would state your browser/operating system, and when you share the error, please be as specific and concise as possible. If you can also post a screenshot, that would be helpful. Contact a Moderator if you need help taking or posting a screenshot. This will really help our staff and tech team!

Please read below to ensure your browser and system is compatible with Breastcancer.org:

Breastcancer.org is supported by the following browsers and systems:

Minimum Requirements:

- Chrome 26.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Firefox 20.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Safari 5 (OS X, Windows),

- Safari (iOS 5.0 version),

- Internet Explorer 8 and up,

- Android 4.0.1 and up.

*self-updating

To keep up with advancing software, support for older browsers is removed as new versions are released. Breastcancer.org suggests updating your system and / or browser as needed for the best online experience.

Resources for updates can be found at the following URLs:

Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Safari: http://support.apple.com/downloads/#safari

Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer.aspx

Additional help:

What is a web browser?

A web browser is a piece of software used to access the internet. The web browser goes out to grab data, brings it back to you and displays it on your monitor to let you interact with the website.

For users who are using the Microsoft's Windows operating system, the most likely web browser they're using is Internet Explorer, or “the blue E" as some people refer to it. Those using Apple's OS X, their default web browser is Safari.

Internet Explorer and Safari aren't the only web browser options you have. There is also Chrome and Firefox, both of which are free downloads.

What is an operating system?

Operating systems run your computer, laptop, tablet and phone. The operating system is the brain of your computer and is responsible for telling all the other pieces of your computer what to do. When you click on an icon to open up a program it tells your computer what has to happen to wake that application up so that you can use it.

The most common desktop operating system is Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7, etc.), followed by Apple's OS X.

Yours, The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 80 of 84 (2,514 results)

Posts 2371 - 2400 (2,514 total)

Jun 24, 2020 05:20PM kathindc wrote:

I don't get the sidebar on my iPad so I can't get to my favorites, active topics, all topics, etc. Trashed what I had up and started all over again. Nope not there. Please tell me you tested this on different types of computers, phones, the iPad and whatever other devices that can be used to access your site before making it live. Since I sign in differently when I'm on my iPad, I bypass the announcement page. Was there anything about this change? This site is becoming less and less user friendly.

Jun 24, 2020 05:20PM ceanna wrote:

I will never understand why BCO keeps "fixing" things that aren't broken and making things worse!!! Yet another "change" BCO needs to back off from. Again, I ask for answers from the CEO and BCO Chair.

I still can't log out. Why in the world would that suddenly stop working? If you want to keep me logged in, give me the choice, but don't force the issue!!!

Dx 2014, IDC, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Multi-catheter Surgery Lumpectomy: Right

Jun 24, 2020 05:36PM exbrnxgrl wrote:

Strange, my search function looks the same as it always dis save for the new colors

Bilateral mx 9/7/11 with one step ns reconstruction. As of 11/21/11, 2cm met to upper left femur Dx 7/8/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2011 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 11/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/21/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/21/2011 Bone Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2014 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane)

Jun 24, 2020 06:00PM Moderators wrote:

Super helpful information and feedback. We'll be working on it all!

Jun 24, 2020 06:14PM SerenitySTAT wrote:

This is a sloppy update. Sloppy in that it was not thought out well or tested on a variety of devices/browsers. The Search link in the menu bar is the same inadequate search feature, but the new Search option at the top is worse. I want to be able to do more focused searching, not have another Search link. 

"Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) 🐶☕️🛀🖼🥐🌲🎭 Dx 11/2015 IDC Left IIIC 10/11 nodes ER+PR+HER2-, 12/2015 Left Mast, 2/2016 4 AC+12 Taxol, 9/2016 Rads Nodes Chest wall 15+4 boosts, 10/2016 Tamox, 4/2019 Exemestane, 12/2019 Ibrance/Xgeva

Jun 24, 2020 06:18PM - edited Jun 24, 2020 06:22PM by SerenitySTAT

This is the drop down menu on my phone. Why do you hurt me so?

I would make it smaller, but you removed the resize function some time ago.

"Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) 🐶☕️🛀🖼🥐🌲🎭 Dx 11/2015 IDC Left IIIC 10/11 nodes ER+PR+HER2-, 12/2015 Left Mast, 2/2016 4 AC+12 Taxol, 9/2016 Rads Nodes Chest wall 15+4 boosts, 10/2016 Tamox, 4/2019 Exemestane, 12/2019 Ibrance/Xgeva

Jun 24, 2020 06:20PM DodgersGirl wrote:

Next issue found, from my iPhone when I click in the lines in a box from the upper right of screen to see choices like Active Topics, My Favorites, etc, I no longer see a number representing how many of my favorite topics have new posts. I miss that featre

Dx 3/10/2017, IDC: Mucinous, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/11/2017 Mastectomy: Right Dx 12/2019, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 24, 2020 06:25PM DodgersGirl wrote:

exbrnxgrl- what platform are you using for "Search"!

This is what I see on Safari from my iPhone:

So I type in word to search and click on search glass and see this:

Iwould have to search for “exbrnxgrl”, then re-search from the results set to find your posts

Dx 3/10/2017, IDC: Mucinous, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/11/2017 Mastectomy: Right Dx 12/2019, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 24, 2020 06:41PM ceanna wrote:

What absolute nonsense!! Who is vetting these changes? The color changes are awful, the resolution appears less clear, and features don't work or are missing. BCO needs to back up to a workable version immediately. The more you try to track and make changes we don't want, the more likely you are to keep driving people away!!!!!!

Dx 2014, IDC, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Multi-catheter Surgery Lumpectomy: Right

Jun 24, 2020 06:41PM MinusTwo wrote:

Ceanna - It took me awhile, but I figured it out. The little figure at the top of the screen to the right of "our community" and the left (maybe) a down arrow now has a drop down window to sign out.

That said - I am using a desk top so much of my screen doesn't look like things described & pictured above.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Jun 24, 2020 06:46PM ceanna wrote:

MinusTwo, thanks, I tried that since it first appeared, but that icon is the one not working for me!!! I can click and click and nothing happens!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for trying!! I think BCO wants to keep me logged in!!!

Jun 24, 2020 06:49PM MinusTwo wrote:

Ceanna - LOL!!!

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Jun 24, 2020 10:25PM MountainMia wrote:

The colors and resolution make this very hard to see. I've turned the brightness down on my monitor and it's still glaring. This is almost painful. I am not a fan. One more reason not to hang around here.

The rain comes and the rain goes, but the mountain remains. I am the mountain.

Jun 25, 2020 01:09AM kathindc wrote:

Mods, how much testing was done before your changes went live? Couldn't have been much. This issues that have been brought up here and on another thread I visit should have been caught. It's a shame good money was wasted on this fiasco. BCO hasn't learned yet that you don't fix what isn't broken.

Jun 25, 2020 10:17AM DodgersGirl wrote:

Mods: brought up BCO this morning from my iPhone/Safari. Usually I am still logged in from previous session but this morning I was not logged in so I clicked on the lines in the upper right of the screen but didn’t see a login link.

I clicked on all the parts of the top title bar that is visible when in the Community boards area, nothing about logging in

I finally clicked on All Topics where I found a button to login to start a new topic. I used that to login in today.

Where should I be seeing a login screen on this new version this morning? I realize that I suffer from chemo brain so I absolutely could be overlooking the obvious. I really didn’t find a login screen this morning.

Help!

Jun 25, 2020 10:46AM wrenn wrote:

I am staying away. The colour contrast is jarring and gives me a headache trying to navigate. What a shame for people who are already struggling to make this message board inaccessable.

Metaplastic IDC Triple negative...Tumour is 1.5cm. BMX Aug. 16th. Chemo cancelled after one dose due to complications. Dx 7/25/2013, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 8/16/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right

Jun 25, 2020 12:20PM Moderators wrote:

We're working on adjustments, and appreciate the feedback!

Jun 25, 2020 12:52PM edj3 wrote:

I posted this elsewhere. I hate the pink, hate it enough I will leave. Pink of all colors? That's wrong on so many levels.

Tried the tamoxifen, no thanks. Dx 4/9/2019, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Dx 5/6/2019, LCIS, Left, <1cm, 0/1 nodes Surgery 5/6/2019 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 6/2/2019 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 9/23/2019 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 25, 2020 02:07PM Moderators wrote:

We're providing other color options either later today or tomorrow, so stay tuned!

Jun 25, 2020 03:04PM MinusTwo wrote:

Hey Mods -
What does this statement on your 'welcome' page mean? What kind of names? What are you changing? Please, please, please don't start changing the thread names - or for that matter the category names. Happy to suggest if we know what' going on.

We're going to make some small changes to Forum names in the next week. If you have feedback, please just let us know! Happy for suggestions.

Jun 25, 2020 03:43PM DogMomRunner wrote:

pink words on white background is very hard to read. I also cannot find out how to sign in on my phone screen. I don't like the changes

You ain't run far enough to say My legs have failed You ain't gone far enough You ain't worked hard enough You ain't run far enough to say It ain't gonna get any better. Nathaniel Rateliff Dx 4/24/2019, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/8 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 5/16/2019 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Targeted Therapy 6/5/2019 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 6/5/2019 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 9/21/2019 Whole-breast: Breast

Jun 25, 2020 03:56PM Beesie wrote:

Ditto to MinusTwo's question. Can you start a thread with the proposed changes to the Forum names so that community members can offer feedback prior to seeing the changes already implemented?

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Jun 25, 2020 06:22PM ceanna wrote:

Wow!! BCO!!!! Making other changes in names???? Really, haven't you learned yet that the members who continue to come back here despite all the unwanted changes you attempt to make, are in no way supporting you making changes and THEN asking us about it??????? Is this a deliberate attempt to drive us away?????? I'm still waiting for you to correct the things that don't work after your last changes this week. PLEASE LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop, correct, then ask what your members want and need. Don't march on toward some unknown, untested changes!!!! We've been arguing this point for years!!!!!! When are Hope Wohl and Christine Hollingsworth going to hold BCO accountable to its members?

Jun 25, 2020 07:05PM LiveLoveLaugh2020 wrote:

Why fix something that isn’t broke when you are receiving nothing but complaint after complaint? You continue to ask for feed back and not listen to it and then continue to make other changes that make it even worse.

I haven’t been on here long but I can see all the negatives everyone is talking about. Less posts, less reply’s etc.

It’s a shame. Especially for newbies.

DCIS Dx @ 34 - Bil NSM 09/2019 - Bil implant exchange with FG 01/2020.

Jun 25, 2020 08:04PM wrenn wrote:

BCO is a business and has a right to do what they want with it but it is deceitful to ask for input from members. It is insulting to keep acting like you want opinions with no intention of listening to them. Just say "this is the way it is going to be" instead of playing games.

Metaplastic IDC Triple negative...Tumour is 1.5cm. BMX Aug. 16th. Chemo cancelled after one dose due to complications. Dx 7/25/2013, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 8/16/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right

Jun 25, 2020 08:58PM ceanna wrote:

"Full steam ahead," said a memorable ship captain in 1912!!

Jun 26, 2020 02:07AM - edited Jun 26, 2020 02:08AM by Cowgirl13

You need a good graphic designer for the website. it is just lousy design and the colors are bad. Too many colors for a start. The old website was much, much better and looked professional. This doesn't look as professional.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the Devil says: 'Oh crap! She's up! Dx 5/28/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 6/17/2009 Chemotherapy 8/3/2009 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/21/2009 Hormonal Therapy 2/22/2010 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 26, 2020 02:12AM kathindc wrote:

Mods, I've noticed a difference in signing between my computer and iPad. I'm assuming that's because of the banner on the left to maneuver around on the site when using the computer. The sign in/out page on my iPad has small print and the lines are close together with a lot of space between the print on top and the print at the bottom. How about making the font larger with more space between the lines. I would find that useful as I have chubby finger tips. How about making it as large as the print in the "Donate" and "Join" boxes.

You really need to consider your older members as well when it comes to your color choices. I for one dislike white or pale colors used with a pale colored background. It's hard on the eyes.

Jun 26, 2020 07:16AM MelissaDallas wrote:

So, here is ALL I have now to navigate on my IPad when I used to have a fully navigable window.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Jun 26, 2020 07:17AM - edited Jun 26, 2020 08:16AM by MelissaDallas

I guess I am supposed to use the Ipad turned sideways to pretend I am on a desktop now? SMH. If I were a new member on a tablet it wouldn’t even have occurred to me to look for the (hidden) side banner and the stuff that isn’t showing on the top banner.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Page 80 of 84 (2,514 results)