Join Us

We are 217,478 members in 84 forums discussing 160,584 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Post your tech glitches, errors, issues, etc. here.

Forum: Comments, Suggestions, Feature Requests —

Request new or improved features, report bugs, & view upcoming changes. Directly share constructive feedback at comments@breastcancer.org.

Posted on: May 9, 2012 07:07PM - edited May 8, 2020 09:22AM by Moderators

Moderators wrote:

Hello all,

This thread is intended for members to post all technical glitches, errors, and problems with the site or forums. To directly share constructive feedback, you can email our team at comments@breastcancer.org.

When posting your issue, It would be helpful if you would state your browser/operating system, and when you share the error, please be as specific and concise as possible. If you can also post a screenshot, that would be helpful. Contact a Moderator if you need help taking or posting a screenshot. This will really help our staff and tech team!

Please read below to ensure your browser and system is compatible with Breastcancer.org:

Breastcancer.org is supported by the following browsers and systems:

Minimum Requirements:

- Chrome 26.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Firefox 20.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Safari 5 (OS X, Windows),

- Safari (iOS 5.0 version),

- Internet Explorer 8 and up,

- Android 4.0.1 and up.

*self-updating

To keep up with advancing software, support for older browsers is removed as new versions are released. Breastcancer.org suggests updating your system and / or browser as needed for the best online experience.

Resources for updates can be found at the following URLs:

Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Safari: http://support.apple.com/downloads/#safari

Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer.aspx

Additional help:

What is a web browser?

A web browser is a piece of software used to access the internet. The web browser goes out to grab data, brings it back to you and displays it on your monitor to let you interact with the website.

For users who are using the Microsoft's Windows operating system, the most likely web browser they're using is Internet Explorer, or “the blue E" as some people refer to it. Those using Apple's OS X, their default web browser is Safari.

Internet Explorer and Safari aren't the only web browser options you have. There is also Chrome and Firefox, both of which are free downloads.

What is an operating system?

Operating systems run your computer, laptop, tablet and phone. The operating system is the brain of your computer and is responsible for telling all the other pieces of your computer what to do. When you click on an icon to open up a program it tells your computer what has to happen to wake that application up so that you can use it.

The most common desktop operating system is Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7, etc.), followed by Apple's OS X.

Yours, The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 81 of 84 (2,514 results)

Posts 2401 - 2430 (2,514 total)

Jun 26, 2020 05:54AM - edited Jun 27, 2020 05:47AM by Moderators

Hey Everyone,

Update

Thanks everyone. We have received enough votes to make a final decision and have taken down the survey that was linked here.

Please take our quick "poll" via SurveyMonkey with the 2 options,

1. keep the current pink header
  2. blue header like the rest of the site

Select your preferred header design for the community.

Jun 26, 2020 06:28AM MelissaDallas wrote:

Well, for your survey, what about the fact that if you are on a tablet you don’t get EITHER of those headers, this color being irrelevant?

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Jun 26, 2020 07:00AM JavaJana wrote:

thank you for asking for input, but the header is not the actual problem. If it stayed pink i would not care (even though i dislike the color and this shade). It is the light tone of the sidebar that is hard on the eyes, as well as the multitude of other glitches on various devices. Maybe just go back to the previous one that seemed to have very few complaints? New isn't always better.

Xgeva 9/2/2020. History: 2 Borderline Serous Ovarian Carcinoma TAH/BSO, 0/15 nodes - 2/18/20. Benign Papilloma/ADH Left breast, excisional biopsy 10/11/2016 Dx 10/1/2019, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Dx 10/23/2019, LCIS/DCIS, Right, 0/1 nodes Surgery 11/19/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Dx 3/25/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, 0/2 nodes Chemotherapy 4/8/2020 Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 4/8/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 4/8/2020 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 8/13/2020 Femara (letrozole)

Jun 26, 2020 07:20AM - edited Jun 26, 2020 07:20AM by Moderators

@MelissaDallas, you will still see the header color similar to mobile, it's just thinner.

For anyone experiencing tech glitches it would be very helpful if you could provide your::

• Device
  • Browser
  • and most importantly, a screenshot so we can try to replicate and fix it

Thanks so much!

Jun 26, 2020 07:56AM Moderators wrote:

Here are some answers to your concerns, and we really appreciate you working with us.

• iPad: All of the links you're familiar with are available in the menu in the upper right corner of your screen

• You can log out via the "Sign Out" link at the bottom of the menu. Tap the button in the upper right of your screen, then look for the links at the bottom of the menu.

• We have a fix ready to go that restores the notification badges next to these links, and refreshes the design of the other badges to match the new look and feel

• The login link is available from the menu at the bottom of the overlay

Please continue to share your feedback.

Jun 26, 2020 08:04AM DodgersGirl wrote:

As Reported earlier, from my iPhone I don’t see any of the stuff that is supposed to be available from a left ribbon.

Logging in takes many clicks to “backdoor” a process, you can’t tell if you have PM’s or if there are new posts to “My Favorites” since there no longer a number showing, and the Search bar only searches text in posts and not posts from a member. These are functionality issues and should be fixed before the next step of renaming things.

Reference the color changes, are you using the guides fir web sites that takes into account colors and colorblind issues? The new colors are vibrant almost electronic which is hard on my chemo-affected eyesight. Also be mindful of font colors within colored text boxes.

Dx 3/10/2017, IDC: Mucinous, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/11/2017 Mastectomy: Right Dx 12/2019, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 26, 2020 08:10AM MelissaDallas wrote:

Moderator, it is NOT the same header, despite color. Did you LOOK at my screen shots? On normal orientation on IPad the ONLY navigation is the three-bar block. No search section. No account drop-down. Additionally, in the prior configuration if you read four pages of an active thread you could just hit “Active topics” from the bottom of the page of that thread you are already on. Now you have to either scroll all the way up to the top of the page to use the menu or keep hitting the back button multiple times. Oh, did you know that if you use the “back” button after you just signed on it signs you out instead of taking you back to active topics? How is anyone unfamiliar with the site supposed to magically know to turn their tablet to landscape view. Yeah, fuschia pretty much sucks, but color is secondary to nonfunctionality

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Jun 26, 2020 09:41AM Cowgirl13 wrote:

The blue looks so much better! And to add to JavaJane's suggestion, the light color on the sidebar does not work. It takes away from the whole thing. Doesn't matter if you get the other colors ok but the sidebar will make anything look bad. Not that this means anything but I worked in graphic design for a few years.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the Devil says: 'Oh crap! She's up! Dx 5/28/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 6/17/2009 Chemotherapy 8/3/2009 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/21/2009 Hormonal Therapy 2/22/2010 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 26, 2020 10:21AM Hopeful82014 wrote:

I too am dismayed by the changes - I could hardly believe that BCO went from the maroon to pink - it was almost a slap in the face. It's also rather garish and creates eyestrain for me.

In addition, the overall font throughout the site feels 'thinner,' with less crispness and contrast. This is something I've seen many print publications going to as well as websites and I can only surmise that most of the web designers are under 40 and thus have no clue about eyestrain. Given that, statistically, breast cancer is more likely to occur in women age 50 and up it's pretty lame to make the site harder to read than otherwise.

Frankly, I'm with the many shaking their heads at the impulse to make these changes, particularly without even asking members for their priorities, etc. Why would BCO waste its funds on this project, particularly at a time when we all know that donations are going to be dropping due to the collapse of the economy? I simply don't get it. I do know that when I find a site is hard on my eyes I simply avoid it and go elsewhere.

Dx IDC

Jun 26, 2020 12:29PM cyathea wrote:

On an iPhone 6/7, it is VERY frustrating to get the menu button (3-bar block/hamburger button) on the upper right side to respond to a finger touch. It takes multiple taps to get it to respond and I have to navigate to sign-in. It was so much easier to sign in with the other UI. You need to expand the Tap Area for the UI button. StackOverflow has a nice discussion about how to do this.

I understand you have a fix for the badge indicators not showing up. That is good because it was so much easier before to see whether there were new PMs or responses to favorite topics.

I wish that users had been asked for input before the redesign happened. Also, there was no communication that I saw of the upcoming change. As someone who works at a tech company and manages custom app dev projects, I would have been happy to provide free input

Dx 6/17/2019, DCIS/ILC, Right, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Targeted Therapy 8/1/2019 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 8/1/2019 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Chemotherapy 10/9/2019 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 10/10/2019 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 3/18/2020 Lymph node removal: Left, Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right Chemotherapy 4/16/2020 Other Radiation Therapy 6/1/2020 3DCRT: Breast, Lymph nodes, Bone Hormonal Therapy 8/21/2020 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Jun 26, 2020 02:32PM DodgersGirl wrote:

Cyathea offered free input. I, too, worked in software testing, development, and implementation since the late 1990s. I, too, would offer to beta test at no cost. The changes pushed out this week have been very disruptive as we try to learn how to live with cancer. Very disappointing.

Dx 3/10/2017, IDC: Mucinous, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/11/2017 Mastectomy: Right Dx 12/2019, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 26, 2020 02:51PM ceanna wrote:

BCO, are you so NOT listening that you post a survey for choosing blue or pink????????? I would so not waste my time answering!! We have been telling you for days the multitude of problems with the function and design of the changes made without vetting. I would suggest you get with the webpage designers and demand your money back. Instead of redesigning again a poor redesign, just have the programmers backtrack to the version used prior. Let those of us who have the skills, and/or have given you feedback, help BEFORE you make unwanted or needed changes. I'd like to be able to log out, but that's still not working either!!!!!!!

Dx 2014, IDC, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Multi-catheter Surgery Lumpectomy: Right

Jun 26, 2020 04:29PM SerenitySTAT wrote:

How about reverting to a version before we started complaining? It's a pain to use now.

"Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) 🐶☕️🛀🖼🥐🌲🎭 Dx 11/2015 IDC Left IIIC 10/11 nodes ER+PR+HER2-, 12/2015 Left Mast, 2/2016 4 AC+12 Taxol, 9/2016 Rads Nodes Chest wall 15+4 boosts, 10/2016 Tamox, 4/2019 Exemestane, 12/2019 Ibrance/Xgeva

Jun 26, 2020 07:02PM magiclight wrote:

Survey Closed!

Surgery 4/26/2015 Mastectomy: Left, Right Dx IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1 Surgery

Jun 26, 2020 07:18PM BlueGirlRedState wrote:

Moderators . Yup - the survey is closed. The pink header is obnoxious. It is hard to have a site that "looks good" and functions well on all devices, browsers, and operating systems. As you think about changes think about ease of use rather than something splashy or making changes just to make changes. The colors, fonts etc might make it hard for someone to read. If you start changing the names of forums, will "favorites" still work?

Jun 26, 2020 11:37PM kathindc wrote:

Short survey!

Jun 27, 2020 05:01AM DogMomRunner wrote:

it's as if BCO doesn't want continued or new traffic to the website. The pink on white is obnoxious

You ain't run far enough to say My legs have failed You ain't gone far enough You ain't worked hard enough You ain't run far enough to say It ain't gonna get any better. Nathaniel Rateliff Dx 4/24/2019, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/8 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 5/16/2019 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Targeted Therapy 6/5/2019 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 6/5/2019 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 9/21/2019 Whole-breast: Breast

Jun 27, 2020 05:18AM Traii wrote:

My 'my favourite topics' no longer has how many new topics are on there anymore. I have to click on it to see if there are any new topic comments.

Using latest Android version

Stage IV 2nd Jan 2019 age 40 Dx 8/2012, IDC, 1cm, Grade 3, 2/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/5/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Surgery 9/23/2012 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 10/30/2012 Taxotere (docetaxel) Chemotherapy 1/1/2013 CMF Surgery 7/4/2013 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 2/24/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Kisqali

Jun 27, 2020 08:19AM kathindc wrote:

This site in general isn't easy on the eyes, from moving banners, color choices of fonts and backgrounds, and font size if you're on a device. It really isn't user friendly anymore. What a waste of money and time.

Jun 27, 2020 08:58AM ceanna wrote:

So, it appears the font in the Topics section was changed again, but still UGLY PINK and still unreadable! If you can make those changes, why aren't you correcting the problems with the function of the site, but better still reverting to the version we had access to at the beginning of the week that did work and was readable??????? Do you just plan to keep moving forward with changes NO ONE WANTS OR NEEDS to, what, make a point, or instill more dislike of the site? Keep driving everyone away and you won't have a site left.

Dx 2014, IDC, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Multi-catheter Surgery Lumpectomy: Right

Jun 27, 2020 10:11AM - edited Jun 27, 2020 10:27AM by MinusTwo

If I go away for 3 days, will the pink be gone? 5 days? 10 days?

Please advise. I've worked hard to "pay it forward", but I can't stand the pink - and as other's have said, it is NOT easy on the eyes.

I'll miss lots of friends, but I can arrange to get their emails and we'll continue to be friends outside of this site.

Edited to add, I've been reading my favorites and trying to answer questions that I might have some knowledge about after TWELVE YEARS. How many members do you have who hang around to try to be useful? Bet many of us are the ones who are weighing in. This messing around with the site just makes me sooooooo SAD.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Jun 27, 2020 12:23PM JACK5IE wrote:

I just want a quote option. A 'like' or 'thumbs up' option would be good too because sometimes you just want to tell someone you agree with their post without having to comment. But if either or, the quote option would be more helpful.

Dx 7/2009, IDC, Left, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 4/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 7/31/2009 TAC Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2009 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 1/31/2010 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 4/30/2010 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 6/30/2010 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2015 Femara (letrozole) Dx 12/2017, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy External: Bone Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Jun 27, 2020 12:52PM MelissaDallas wrote:

Jacksie, that has been brought up before and the consensus was that most of us don’t want this discussion board to be like Facebook. with “Like” buttons, etc

Jun 27, 2020 01:48PM MinusTwo wrote:

Agree. I don't want this board to be like Facebook. If I don't have time or inclination to actually type an answer, then no response is appropriate.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Jun 27, 2020 01:58PM Beesie wrote:

ThumbsUp There is a 'thumbs up' emoji available if you click on the emoji icon at the top of a post.
So you could post just that, with apologies to those who don't want to see this Facebook-like feature.

ThumbsDown

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Jun 27, 2020 03:14PM JACK5IE wrote:

I don't understand how that would make it like Facebook. It's just saying that we agree with their post or as a gesture of kindness. I agree with (or 'like') many posts that don't necessarily need a comment/reply. Every other forum I've seen has this feature. But as I said in my prior post, a quote feature is what I would most like. It would be very helpful when replying to someone specifically.

Dx 7/2009, IDC, Left, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 4/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 7/31/2009 TAC Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2009 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 1/31/2010 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 4/30/2010 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 6/30/2010 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2015 Femara (letrozole) Dx 12/2017, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy External: Bone Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Jun 27, 2020 03:29PM ceanna wrote:

MinusTwo, it does make one wonder if a 3-10 day leave of the site by everyone would be necessary to get their attention and give BCO time to turn back to a previously working version! It does not work as it is now and BCO keeps pushing the non-working changes and then asks us for a color preference!

Jun 28, 2020 06:43AM Beesie wrote:

Mods, I signed in and am frustrated to see the same awful color and format, despite your assurances that you have "a fix ready to go" and despite what I assume was an overwhelming response on your color survey. And then I realized... it's the weekend. So we wait at least another day. Sigh.

Looking at the site and reading your comments, here's what's occurred to me.

By way of explanation of where to find things that community members are missing, you wrote:

• iPad: All of the links you're familiar with are available in the menu in the upper right corner of your screen
  • You can log out via the "Sign Out" link at the bottom of the menu. Tap the button in the upper right of your screen, then look for the links at the bottom of the menu.
  • We have a fix ready to go that restores the notification badges next to these links, and refreshes the design of the other badges to match the new look and feel
  • The login link is available from the menu at the bottom of the overlay

Reading this list, it appears that what this update has done is moved many heavily used features (the login and sign out, for example) to drop-down menus. Some of these drop down menus are accessed through tiny icons stuck into top corners or hidden at the bottom of the page. These changes are the complete opposite of user friendly. They add steps and make it more difficult to navigate the site.

- - Do the people you have doing this update understand the demographics of your user base? These changes don't work well with an older demographic, particularly one that is stressed due to a cancer diagnosis and/or challenged by side effects from cancer treatments. Similarly, the small thin white type on the pink background, and the pink type on the ecru background, results in copy that isn't clear or crisp, is difficult to read and is hard on the eyes. Here again, it's exactly the opposite of what your demographic needs. For your user base, the number one design criterion should be "keep it simple, keep it clear, keep it easy". This redesign fails on all counts.

- - Have the people who did this update ever read the site? Who briefed them on this redesign? How could someone involved with this not know that for many breast cancer patients, and particularly for those of us engaged on this site, the color pink (at least in association with breast cancer), is abhorrent? Even if no one involved with the redesign knew this, surely you, the Moderators, know this. How could you not raise a huge red flag as soon as you saw the new design, putting a stop to it before it was launched, alienating much of your user base?

As someone who has spent decades bringing product/services changes to market, I am astonished that that these changes hit the live site. I will leave you with two words.

BETA TESTING.

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Jun 28, 2020 07:17AM - edited Jun 28, 2020 07:19AM by MelissaDallas

I too was a software tester and a user support business analyst. I am dismayed every single time you change the site. My guess is that there are likely MORE tablet and phone users you tanked with this than there are remaining desktop users.

By the way, a day or two before this was installed and currently there started to be long lags between an action on the site and the next page loading. What is up with that It is on this site only. No other place I go with my browser.

Jun 28, 2020 01:05PM BlueGirlRedState wrote:

No "likes" or "dislikes" please. I like the ability to get information and even opinions if there is not clear "right" or "wrong" answer. likes/dislike without saying "why" is not very useful.

Page 81 of 84 (2,514 results)