Join Us

We are 216,296 members in 84 forums discussing 160,162 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Post your tech glitches, errors, issues, etc. here.

Forum: Comments, Suggestions, Feature Requests —

Request new or improved features, report bugs, & view upcoming changes. Directly share constructive feedback at comments@breastcancer.org.

Posted on: May 9, 2012 10:07PM - edited May 8, 2020 12:22PM by Moderators

Moderators wrote:

Hello all,

This thread is intended for members to post all technical glitches, errors, and problems with the site or forums. To directly share constructive feedback, you can email our team at comments@breastcancer.org.

When posting your issue, It would be helpful if you would state your browser/operating system, and when you share the error, please be as specific and concise as possible. If you can also post a screenshot, that would be helpful. Contact a Moderator if you need help taking or posting a screenshot. This will really help our staff and tech team!

Please read below to ensure your browser and system is compatible with Breastcancer.org:

Breastcancer.org is supported by the following browsers and systems:

Minimum Requirements:

- Chrome 26.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Firefox 20.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Safari 5 (OS X, Windows),

- Safari (iOS 5.0 version),

- Internet Explorer 8 and up,

- Android 4.0.1 and up.

*self-updating

To keep up with advancing software, support for older browsers is removed as new versions are released. Breastcancer.org suggests updating your system and / or browser as needed for the best online experience.

Resources for updates can be found at the following URLs:

Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Safari: http://support.apple.com/downloads/#safari

Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer.aspx

Additional help:

What is a web browser?

A web browser is a piece of software used to access the internet. The web browser goes out to grab data, brings it back to you and displays it on your monitor to let you interact with the website.

For users who are using the Microsoft's Windows operating system, the most likely web browser they're using is Internet Explorer, or “the blue E" as some people refer to it. Those using Apple's OS X, their default web browser is Safari.

Internet Explorer and Safari aren't the only web browser options you have. There is also Chrome and Firefox, both of which are free downloads.

What is an operating system?

Operating systems run your computer, laptop, tablet and phone. The operating system is the brain of your computer and is responsible for telling all the other pieces of your computer what to do. When you click on an icon to open up a program it tells your computer what has to happen to wake that application up so that you can use it.

The most common desktop operating system is Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7, etc.), followed by Apple's OS X.

Yours, The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 82 of 83 (2,478 results)

Posts 2431 - 2460 (2,478 total)

Jun 28, 2020 06:50PM DodgersGirl wrote:

if you are looking for suggestions, it would be great to be able to mark a post in some manor like a book mark so when someone shares new medical stories, I could bookmark that info to share with MO. Sometimes I read a suggestion or tip about a side effect or symptom I don’t have but a couple of months later do need that info. Bookmarks would be very useful, at least to me

Dx 3/10/2017, IDC: Mucinous, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/10/2017 Mastectomy: Right Dx 12/2019, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 28, 2020 07:19PM DodgersGirl wrote:

To Mods— I now see a sign in link when using BCO Community on my iPhone

Thank you

Dx 3/10/2017, IDC: Mucinous, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/10/2017 Mastectomy: Right Dx 12/2019, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 29, 2020 04:36PM DodgersGirl wrote:

To Mods- I now see how many new posts to My Favorites

Thank you

Jun 29, 2020 11:48PM AliceBastable wrote:

Why do I have to poke the three bars for the drop-down menu so many times before it works? It's so annoying!

Endometrial cancer 2010, basal cell multiples, breast cancer 2018, kidney cancer 2018. Cancer's a bitch, but I'm a bigger one with more practice. Dx 5/2018, ILC/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/11/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 8/8/2018 Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Jun 30, 2020 11:07AM Beesie wrote:

It's Tuesday now and it's still pink. Mods, really?

Ditto to what AliceBastable said re needing to click on the drop-down menu several times (on my iPad) before it works.

Ditto to what MelissaDallas and others said earlier about the functionality of the site on an iPad, and the differences if you hold the iPad vertically vs. horizontally. Horizontally the site looks normal (other than the puke pink) but vertically the site looks very different and is much more difficult to navigate, with functions moved/hidden and requiring extra steps. As if that's not bad enough, the type is tiny.

While I'm here, I'll mention one other functionality issue on iPads, something I mentioned months ago. When I type on my PC (as I am doing now), I can go into the middle of a paragraph and correct a typo, or add copy, and when I press "Preview" or "Submit", the change I made is there. But when I do the same when typing on my iPad, if I have not pressed 'enter' (which is not what one would normally do if changing something in the middle of a sentence or paragraph, since pressing 'enter' creates a new paragraph), the change doesn't take. This is beyond annoying. It means that it takes much longer to post on my iPad because I have to correct/re-edit the copy so many times, and too often, an error remains when I post. It's easy for anyone to see which of my posts were made on my iPad versus my PC, because my iPad posts often include an edit that was made within a minute of my original post - when I read what I've posted and realize that there is a typo that I'd thought I'd already fixed, or copy I thought I'd changed isn't there.

Mods, do you have any updates since your early Saturday edit of the survey post saying that you had enough votes and the survey had been taken down? The suspense is killing me... did blue or pink win?

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Jun 30, 2020 11:58AM kathindc wrote:

I’m on an iPad mini 3. If I turn it horizontally I do not get. BCO’s banners. Since Bessie does, could this be due to using a mini or age of device? All the little things that need to be taken into consideration when doing design changes. These changes suck royally! Still tiny print for those of us using a device. Why the difference in look/maneuverbetween a computer and device?

Jun 30, 2020 12:02PM Moderators wrote:

As you can see, blue won (83%). We continue to work on glitches!

Thank you for your continued feedback and help.

Jun 30, 2020 01:25PM edj3 wrote:

Uh why on earth did you rename the forum to Fur Baby Brags? That's highly infantilizing and frankly I get enough of that in the real world.

Tried the tamoxifen, no thanks. Dx 4/9/2019, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 5/5/2019 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 5/6/2019, LCIS, Left, <1cm, 0/1 nodes Radiation Therapy 6/2/2019 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2019 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 30, 2020 01:30PM Moderators wrote:

We've had in our announcements that we were going to change up some forum names, and would be open to any and all input. Happy to switch it back, or take your suggestions.

Jun 30, 2020 02:35PM Beesie wrote:

Gee, Mods, a few of us suggested that you start a thread with the proposed forum name changes prior to making changes on the board. Seems to me it would be better to run proposed changes by people first rather than tick them off when they see it live. But what do I know (never mind my decades of professional experience doing this sort of stuff)?

Reading this thread, a lot of us have offered advice based on our work experience. We are after all more than just breast cancer patients; many of us have experience with programming or research or implementing change to product offerings. In fact from some of the comments, I suspect that BCO wouldn't be able to afford some of us. You should consider it a bargain that you are being offered the free advice, and perhaps think of a way to tap into this valuable resource you have available through your membership. Or not.

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Jun 30, 2020 02:37PM wrenn wrote:

Curious to know the reason for changing forum names. Sorry if it is stated elsewhere.

Metaplastic IDC Triple negative...Tumour is 1.5cm. BMX Aug. 16th. Chemo cancelled after one dose due to complications. Dx 7/25/2013, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 8/16/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right

Jun 30, 2020 02:47PM - edited Jun 30, 2020 02:52PM by Moderators

@Beesie, we may have missed the idea of starting a new topic. Great idea. We just started one.

We appreciate your feedback.

Suggestions

For those who had readability concerns, can you tell us if this is now okay? Thanks.

Jun 30, 2020 03:10PM JACK5IE wrote:

I didn't see where there was a vote for a color change. I liked it how it originally was (original pink/purple, not the last pink).

Dx 7/2009, IDC, Left, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 4/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 12/2017, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy External: Bone Chemotherapy TAC Surgery Lumpectomy: Left

Jun 30, 2020 03:38PM - edited Jun 30, 2020 03:42PM by Beesie

Mods, thank you for setting up the new thread to discuss proposed changes.

No, the readability issue is not resolved. The blue type on the side is too thin and faint.

JACK5IE, the poll on the colors wasn't up for very long. The only choices provided were the pink or this blue. I'd guess the vote was overwhelmingly for the blue.

Jun 30, 2020 05:13PM Moderators wrote:

Okay, thanks, Beesie. We're passing it along re. the readability.

And yes, 83% of the respondents voted for blue.

Jun 30, 2020 06:19PM nopink2019 wrote:

Yea, we don't have to be reminded that "pink is beautiful" each time we want to ask someone how they've handled some side effect of drugs that are both keeping us alive and trying to kill us.

Dx 2008, IDC, Stage IA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx 8/2019, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/lungs, ER+/PR-, HER2- Targeted Therapy Kisqali Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Jun 30, 2020 09:19PM kathindc wrote:

Mods, did I miss something with the forum name changes and you asking for suggestions? How about letting us know the name changes you are planning. Give us the original forum name and what you want to give it. You don't direct us to a thread, so where would someone post their suggestions? To this thread? Will this be as short lived as the vote for color?

Jun 30, 2020 09:58PM ruthbru wrote:

The blue works well on my Samsung phone & my computer too.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 30, 2020 10:16PM Jettie wrote:

My eyes are light sensitive, all I can say is the brightness of the site now makes my eyes water and makes it hard for me to read and concentrate on what i am reading. Maybe if i get my sunglasses it would help, but prefer not to have to wear them for a website. there are a lot i avoid now, due to this issues and would prefer to not have to avoid this one

options for different modes for different people with any form of vision issues would be appreciated, there are a lot of forums that allow uses to set there own colour themes.

Just my 2 cents

Dx 2/14/2020, IDC, Right, 5cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 3/11/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 3/11/2020 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 3/11/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Jun 30, 2020 10:17PM MinusTwo wrote:

Agree with Beesie. Blue good for the namte but needs to be darker and more bold - not so thin.

So disappointed that although YES you did TELL us you were changing names and there are several posts on this thread asking what you were planning and suggesting ways we might comment, it appears you've again pulled the trigger w/o any feedback from members. Heaven only know what I'll encounter besides the infantile 'fur babies'.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Jun 30, 2020 10:27PM wrenn wrote:

There's another thread.

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/93/topics/876877?page=1#top

Metaplastic IDC Triple negative...Tumour is 1.5cm. BMX Aug. 16th. Chemo cancelled after one dose due to complications. Dx 7/25/2013, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 8/16/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right

Jul 1, 2020 04:17AM - edited Jul 1, 2020 04:22AM by Moderators

Hi Kathindc and all,

Wrenn's link above will bring you to the thread where we've listed the proposed forum name changes (thanks Wrenn)

We're looking forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions.

The Mods.

Jul 1, 2020 05:21AM Traveltext wrote:

Thanks Mods, lovin’ the blue. ✅

NED breast and prostate cancer. More on Male BC

Dx 03/14, IBC, Lgth. 2cm, Stge IIIB, Gde 2B, ER+/PR+, HER2- ; FEC x3, Taxol x3; Mx & 2/23 nodes; Rads x 33; now on tamoxofin.

Jul 1, 2020 01:17PM ceanna wrote:

I took a few days off from posting and coming back here, I can see that not much has improved!! Yes, we now look at plain blue instead of bright pink, but the font style and design still make it unreadable and it looks like the amateur hour. The current left column navigation panel is not eye catching or intuitive--a person needs to hover to even realize it's not just some random faint text and actually a link, and the new "number" circle to show how many postings are in our "favorites" is now a barely readable number in a borderless colored circle???? What was so awful before that you had to change to a primitive look? I feel like I'm looking at a webpage I designed back in the late 1990s! I understand wanting to make things "modern" or sleek, but simplicity to the point of dysfunction is not the way to go.

I don't know what other functionality is not working yet for the various platforms, but I know the dropdown icon for signing out is still not working on my laptop. Instead of trying to patch up this version, how about going back to the version that actually worked before your unwanted changes? I will put in my two cents on the suggestion pages for the naming changes you think you should make.

Dx 2014, IDC, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Multi-catheter Surgery Lumpectomy: Right

Jul 2, 2020 02:29PM BlueGirlRedState wrote:

Well my post about changing forum names did not stick, so here it is again. In the end, I guess I do not really care what they are called, as long as "favorites" still work. I prefer short, simple, with a keyword that tells me what the forum is. Please do not make things fancy/spiffy. Keep it functional, readable. Sometimes I get discouraged at the number of forums that seem to address the same issue, but is split off into many threads. Lumper vs Splitter, I guess. Maybe so many threads/forums sinsce cancer is not a single disease, not even BC. And everyone's experience, treament, success, SEs, are different. Not a fan of "voting" with thumbs up/down, unless someone says why they like/dislike. Always looking for information, ideas. It might be nice to send virtual hugs, so many are needed.

Jul 2, 2020 03:05PM Moderators wrote:

ceanna, what operating system browser do you use, as we can't seem to replicate it anywhere?

Jul 2, 2020 06:17PM JavaJana wrote:

thank you for the bolder font on the left!

Stage 2 Borderline Serous Ovarian Carcinoma TAH/BSO, 0/15 nodes - 2/18/20. Benign Papilloma/ADH Left breast, excisional biopsy 10/11/2016 Dx 10/1/2019, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Dx 10/23/2019, LCIS/DCIS, Right, 0/1 nodes Surgery 11/16/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Dx 3/25/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, 0/2 nodes Targeted Therapy 4/8/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 4/8/2020 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 4/8/2020 Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy

Jul 2, 2020 07:21PM Beesie wrote:

Yes, the bolder type on the left is better. Thanks!

Jul 2, 2020 08:56PM MinusTwo wrote:

Oh Hooray - yes, thanks for the bolder font on the left.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Jul 2, 2020 09:47PM ceanna wrote:

This site is very slow tonight!!!

The bold blue font is better, but it was a lot easier on the eyes before the changes!!!! Still wondering why the BCO team went with the amateur look? Why are the numbers displaying for the number of posts in our favorites so plain and ugly?

Dx 2014, IDC, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Multi-catheter Surgery Lumpectomy: Right

Page 82 of 83 (2,478 results)