Join Us

We are 216,717 members in 84 forums discussing 160,161 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Post your tech glitches, errors, issues, etc. here.

Forum: Comments, Suggestions, Feature Requests —

Request new or improved features, report bugs, & view upcoming changes. Directly share constructive feedback at comments@breastcancer.org.

Posted on: May 9, 2012 10:07PM - edited May 8, 2020 12:22PM by Moderators

Moderators wrote:

Hello all,

This thread is intended for members to post all technical glitches, errors, and problems with the site or forums. To directly share constructive feedback, you can email our team at comments@breastcancer.org.

When posting your issue, It would be helpful if you would state your browser/operating system, and when you share the error, please be as specific and concise as possible. If you can also post a screenshot, that would be helpful. Contact a Moderator if you need help taking or posting a screenshot. This will really help our staff and tech team!

Please read below to ensure your browser and system is compatible with Breastcancer.org:

Breastcancer.org is supported by the following browsers and systems:

Minimum Requirements:

- Chrome 26.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Firefox 20.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Safari 5 (OS X, Windows),

- Safari (iOS 5.0 version),

- Internet Explorer 8 and up,

- Android 4.0.1 and up.

*self-updating

To keep up with advancing software, support for older browsers is removed as new versions are released. Breastcancer.org suggests updating your system and / or browser as needed for the best online experience.

Resources for updates can be found at the following URLs:

Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Safari: http://support.apple.com/downloads/#safari

Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer.aspx

Additional help:

What is a web browser?

A web browser is a piece of software used to access the internet. The web browser goes out to grab data, brings it back to you and displays it on your monitor to let you interact with the website.

For users who are using the Microsoft's Windows operating system, the most likely web browser they're using is Internet Explorer, or “the blue E" as some people refer to it. Those using Apple's OS X, their default web browser is Safari.

Internet Explorer and Safari aren't the only web browser options you have. There is also Chrome and Firefox, both of which are free downloads.

What is an operating system?

Operating systems run your computer, laptop, tablet and phone. The operating system is the brain of your computer and is responsible for telling all the other pieces of your computer what to do. When you click on an icon to open up a program it tells your computer what has to happen to wake that application up so that you can use it.

The most common desktop operating system is Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7, etc.), followed by Apple's OS X.

Yours, The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 84 of 84 (2,507 results)

Posts 2491 - 2507 (2,507 total)

Jul 25, 2020 12:24PM Beesie wrote:

exbrnxgrl, thanks for confirming that it hasn't just been me. I've been okay getting in for the last couple of hours; it was early this morning when I couldn't, and given our time zone differences, you may not have been attempting to get in at that hour.

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Jul 25, 2020 12:31PM BlueGirlRedState wrote:

Beesie and exbrnxgrl - I was having problems Friday as well. I reported to Moderators this morning. Just after I hit submit about a post concerning glitches, I got a not submitted, and did not seem to be logged in anymore. I tried to log back on, and the first times it was NOT breastcancer.org, I checked to make sure I had not typo'd. THen I could not log in at all and was getting "warnings" that the site I was trying to access had been compromised, and that my information might have been stolen. Did not click on anytning on that page. I did a shutdown, reboot. When I tried to log in again, the site was not available. I probably should have checked other sites to see if it was an "internet" problem or maybe just my problem, but instead, shutdown, turned off the WIFI, and ran erands.

Jul 25, 2020 12:31PM moth wrote:

It's been eating my replies all morning! 😭 type long reply, hit submit, white page with site can't be reached. Reload page and site is fine but reply is in ether 😕

Using chrome on Samsung android, home Wi-Fi

Feb 2020 - Stage IV, mets to lung, liver, mediastinal lymph. Dx at 50 in Dec 2017; Left, IDC, 1.7 cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, TNBC Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 2/14/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Chemotherapy 3/18/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Immunotherapy 3/19/2020 Tecentriq (atezolizumab)

Jul 25, 2020 12:34PM MinusTwo wrote:

I haven't had any problems so far using Dell desktop with Firefox.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Jul 25, 2020 12:56PM BlueGirlRedState wrote:

Lenovo laptop, windows 10, chrome, CenturyLink is the provider

Jul 25, 2020 12:57PM exbrnxgrl wrote:

Minus Two, it was not the browser, the device or the WiFi connection. I tried my laptop, iPad and iPhone both at my house and my dd’s house. I don’t know if the issue was regional, though I’m in California and beesie is in Canada, so it’s possible that not everyone was effected. It really looked like the site was down for several hours.

Bilateral mx 9/7/11 with one step ns reconstruction. As of 11/21/11, 2cm met to upper left femur Dx 7/8/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2011 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 11/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/21/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/21/2011 Bone Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2014 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane)

Jul 25, 2020 12:59PM MinusTwo wrote:

Good follow up exbrn. I just thought I'd chime in from Texas with my specs - with a hurricane on the way - LOL

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Jul 25, 2020 01:56PM - edited Jul 25, 2020 02:03PM by Moderators

We had a bunch of issues yesterday that should be resolved. We're taking a look at any login issues people may still be having.Keep sharing details, thank you!

Jul 25, 2020 02:51PM moth wrote:

just tried to post on stage V fitness

Feb 2020 - Stage IV, mets to lung, liver, mediastinal lymph. Dx at 50 in Dec 2017; Left, IDC, 1.7 cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, TNBC Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 2/14/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Chemotherapy 3/18/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Immunotherapy 3/19/2020 Tecentriq (atezolizumab)

Jul 25, 2020 03:21PM Beesie wrote:

MinusTwo, my problems this morning were on my Dell desktop with Firefox. Yesterday I was unable to connect on the desktop both with Firefox and Chrome, and on my iPad with Apple IOS and Firefox. That said, there may be some relationship to the browser, since I was blocked pretty much all day yesterday on IOS but at one point was able to get in on Firefox. But then that went down too. And then finally both came back.

When I was finally able to access the site after about 7 hours offline yesterday, I was surprised that there was no notice about outages, and there seemed to be posts from the period when I couldn't get in. So obviously some people were able to access the site while others were not.

I did have a problem submitting one of my posts this morning, but fortunately when I hit the back button, what I'd written was still there. Since then I highlight and copy everything I write before I attempt to post it, so that if it's lost, I can paste my reply into an new post.

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Jul 25, 2020 03:24PM - edited Jul 25, 2020 03:24PM by SerenitySTAT

I've had problems accessing the site. Sometimes I can access breastcancer.org, but clicking the Community link fails. I've gotten this error message using Chrome on Android.

"Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) 🐶☕️🛀🖼🥐🌲🎭 Dx 11/2015 IDC Left IIIC 10/11 nodes ER+PR+HER2-, 12/2015 Left Mast, 2/2016 4 AC+12 Taxol, 9/2016 Rads Nodes Chest wall 15+4 boosts, 10/2016 Tamox, 4/2019 Exemestane, 12/2019 Ibrance/Xgeva

Jul 25, 2020 04:31PM Moderators wrote:

Hey All, Our tech team seems to feel that the problems are resolved and that everyone needs to clear their browser cache and cookies.

When you use a browser, like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites. Best is probably to check support site in your specific browser for instructions.

Let us know if you need more assistance!

Jul 25, 2020 05:56PM IllinoisLady wrote:

I had those " This site is not secure " issues. I called Microsoft ( nerds section ) and they changed a couple of my Int. Ex settings and have asked that I just monitor for any other issues. I'm hoping since se successfully logged in about five times ( maybe bc techs actually ) and all seems well. Probably didn't hurt to jiggle some of the Int Ex settings anyway.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 25, 2020 08:00PM candy-678 wrote:

I had issues too. Mine looked like what Serenity posted...about attackers. Was hoping it was not my computer. Better now. Thank goodness.

Found mets on CT for unrelated issue. I only had 2 treatments with IV chemo, then switched to hormone therapy/targeted therapy. Also using Xgeva injections for bone mets Dx 6/2017, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/2017, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy AC Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left

Jul 26, 2020 02:34PM BlueGirlRedState wrote:

I clean browser after every use. One of the error messages I got on Friday July 24th really concerned me. This was after a reply went "poof". Logging back on took me to a different site ( I checked for typos in URL), followed by not being able to log on at all (same error as moth reported). It suggested that the site was not secure and that my personal information was compromised. The warning seemed to be from Microsoft, but probably was not. I did not click on anything in that window. But I closed browsers, cleaned history, turned off the WIFI, ran "Windows Defender", shutdown and ran errands. Using Lenovo laptop, Windows 10, Chrome, CenturyLink is the Internet provider. Have not checked to see if they reported any issues with Internet Service.

Jul 26, 2020 04:04PM Moderators wrote:

So relieved that things are working better! Thanks for sharing this information Everyone!

Jul 30, 2020 03:47PM - edited Jul 30, 2020 03:47PM by AliceBastable

Has anyone else had to reset their password since the new and improved (🙄) site changes? I just had to do mine, first time it's happened. I've had trouble signing in several times since the unnecessary changes were made, but this time I couldn't sign on at all and had to change my password. It sucks!

Endometrial cancer 2010, basal cell multiples, breast cancer 2018, kidney cancer 2018. Cancer's a bitch, but I'm a bigger one with more practice. Dx 5/2018, ILC/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/11/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 8/8/2018 Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Page 84 of 84 (2,507 results)