Join Us

We are 221,289 members in 83 forums discussing 161,929 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Post your tech glitches, errors, issues, etc. here.

Forum: Comments, Suggestions, Feature Requests —

Request new or improved features, report bugs, & view upcoming changes. Directly share constructive feedback at comments@breastcancer.org.

Posted on: May 9, 2012 10:07PM - edited May 8, 2020 12:22PM by Moderators

Moderators wrote:

Hello all,

This thread is intended for members to post all technical glitches, errors, and problems with the site or forums. To directly share constructive feedback, you can email our team at comments@breastcancer.org.

When posting your issue, It would be helpful if you would state your browser/operating system, and when you share the error, please be as specific and concise as possible. If you can also post a screenshot, that would be helpful. Contact a Moderator if you need help taking or posting a screenshot. This will really help our staff and tech team!

Please read below to ensure your browser and system is compatible with Breastcancer.org:

Breastcancer.org is supported by the following browsers and systems:

Minimum Requirements:

- Chrome 26.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Firefox 20.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Safari 5 (OS X, Windows),

- Safari (iOS 5.0 version),

- Internet Explorer 8 and up,

- Android 4.0.1 and up.

*self-updating

To keep up with advancing software, support for older browsers is removed as new versions are released. Breastcancer.org suggests updating your system and / or browser as needed for the best online experience.

Resources for updates can be found at the following URLs:

Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Safari: http://support.apple.com/downloads/#safari

Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer.aspx

Additional help:

What is a web browser?

A web browser is a piece of software used to access the internet. The web browser goes out to grab data, brings it back to you and displays it on your monitor to let you interact with the website.

For users who are using the Microsoft's Windows operating system, the most likely web browser they're using is Internet Explorer, or “the blue E" as some people refer to it. Those using Apple's OS X, their default web browser is Safari.

Internet Explorer and Safari aren't the only web browser options you have. There is also Chrome and Firefox, both of which are free downloads.

What is an operating system?

Operating systems run your computer, laptop, tablet and phone. The operating system is the brain of your computer and is responsible for telling all the other pieces of your computer what to do. When you click on an icon to open up a program it tells your computer what has to happen to wake that application up so that you can use it.

The most common desktop operating system is Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7, etc.), followed by Apple's OS X.

Yours, The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 85 of 85 (2,538 results)

Posts 2521 - 2538 (2,538 total)

Jan 12, 2021 03:18PM Moderators wrote:

Thank you, too, Beesie for your feedback. We'll also take this back to the team.

Jan 13, 2021 01:35PM MinusTwo wrote:

Mods - FOURTH time for this glitch in as many days. I'm using a Dell desktop if it makes any difference.

Scenario: reading a thread in 'my favorites'. FInish & hit "back to top". Then hit Favorites to go to the next thread. Everything is stuck. Won't move forward, won't move back. I can't even 'sign out'. All four times I finally just closed out thread with it stuck thinking & still logged on.

Anyone else? Any thoughts?

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Jan 13, 2021 01:51PM MinusTwo wrote:

Mods: It just happened again & dumped me from BCO. Here's the message that came up on my screen.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Jan 13, 2021 01:57PM Moderators wrote:

Dear MinusTwo,

Thanks for letting us know. We have passed this along to our tech team. Hope to have an answer.

The Mods

Jan 13, 2021 02:00PM MinusTwo wrote:

Oh no- as usual anything I paste doesn't work. Here's what the message said:

500 Internal Server Error. If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong.

Jan 13, 2021 02:02PM Moderators wrote:

Dear MinusTwo,

It happened once to us but since we have not been able to replicate that problem. Can you say which what device, browser and operating system are you using?

The Mods

Jan 13, 2021 02:04PM MinusTwo wrote:

Yup - Asus desk top computer. Windows 10. Firefox browser. All with current software upgrades.

Jan 13, 2021 02:30PM Moderators wrote:

Thanks.

The Mods

Jan 13, 2021 04:15PM Moderators wrote:

Dear MinusTwo,

We are having trouble replicating the tech issue that you describe using the same device and operating system, etc. Can you try to clear your cookies and see if that helps? Keep us posted.

The Mods

Jan 13, 2021 07:34PM MinusTwo wrote:

Mods - my system is set to delete cookies whenever I log off - which is every single night. I'll let you know if it happens again.

Jan 14, 2021 05:05AM Moderators wrote:

Thanks MinusTwo

Jan 19, 2021 03:19PM - edited Jan 19, 2021 04:09PM by Marguin

Is it possible to add an ER +, PR -, HER2 - section similar to the Triple negative section and HER2 + section?

I believe roughly 15% of initial diagnoses are +,-,- and I've noticed similarities such as high onco type scores compared to +,+,- and lots of questions pertaining to treatment, recurrence, etc. of estrogen-only fueled cancer.

I have bookmarked about 12 or 15 + threads pertaining to this diagnosis and am happy to send the thread names so they can be consolidated.

Thanks for considering this request.

Jan 19, 2021 03:47PM Moderators wrote:

Dear Marguin,

Thank you for pointing this out. We will send your request to our admin team and get back to you for more information.

The Mods

Jan 19, 2021 06:01PM Beesie wrote:

I think part of the reason that it's so hard to find the threads we are looking for is because there are too many forums.

That said, it's interesting that we have a HER2+ forum and a triple negative forum, but we don't have an Hormone (ER and/or PR) Positive forum. Is it assumed that all the ER+/PR+ people just hang out in the Hormone Therapy forum? I'd think there are some issues/concerns for this group that aren't specific to hormone therapy,

ER+/PR-/HER2- (which is my diagnosis too, and I wish it was easier to find all the relevant threads) is a subset of Hormone positive, but with some unique issues and concerns. The same is true for ER-/PR+/HER2-, which is more unusual but I know there are a few threads floating around, although I'd have no idea where to find them.

Is it possible to create sub-categories within forums? That could be a way to consolidate and reduce the number of forums, making it easier for people to land in the right place and find what they are looking for, but would still allow for sub-categories for any subtypes or issues that warrant multiple threads because of different issues and concerns (recognizing that some subtypes/issues might be fine to have a single thread within a forum).

If someone wants to see if it's possible to create sub-categories, I'd offer up that the "DCIS plus HER2-positive Microinvasion" forum could be moved under the HER2+ forum. Having an HER2+ microinvasion raises some unique questions and issues but it is an extremely narrowly defined diagnosis which really doesn't warrant it's own forum; this seems to be supported by the fact that no one has posted in that forum in 7 months.

Dx 9/15/2005 Right, 7cm+, DCIS-Mi, Stage IA, Gr 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR- ** Dx 01/16/2019 Left, 8mm, IDC, Stage IA, Gr 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) ** Surgery 11/30/2005 MX Right, 03/06/2019 MX Left ** Hormonal Therapy 05/2019 Letrozole

Jan 20, 2021 06:56AM Moderators wrote:

Thank you Bessie for your thoughtful suggestions!

We will bring them to our tech team to discuss/consider

The Mods.

Feb 28, 2021 01:20PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Mods,

On my list of favorites -- I'm not seeing when I have new posts. It is such a good way to know there is something you want to read and I hope it is a glitch that can be fixed. I'm on a desktop Lenovo Win 10 and use OE.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Feb 28, 2021 10:30PM Moderators wrote:

Absolutely! We'll let them know. Weird. We see them, but may be related to your computer. Stay tuned, and thank you for letting us know.

Feb 28, 2021 10:45PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Mods,

Thanks, and I do have some that register but those are ones I want to keep in favorites but I actually don't open them much at all. That may be the ones you are seeing. All of them use to register properly. This just started a couple days ago.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 85 of 85 (2,538 results)