We are 205,978 members in 81 forums discussing 148,910 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Comments, Suggestions, Feature Requests → Topic: Provide feedback/advice about our site and campaigns?!

Topic: Provide feedback/advice about our site and campaigns?!

Forum: Comments, Suggestions, Feature Requests — Request new or improved features, report bugs, & view upcoming changes.

Posted on: Nov 14, 2017 09:00PM

Moderators wrote:

Hi All,

We thought we would post this thread as we try to encourage more conversation with our amazing community into changes we make to our site, funding campaigns, and other possible areas where we could benefit from your insights.

Please add your name here if you would be interested in getting contacted via PM to help on specific asks. In general we find 1:1/small group intimate user-testing much more beneficial rather than simply posting on the site in a forum.

We have a very large, amazing and talented community, and we want to tap into as many people's insights as possible. With great appreciation and admiraton! The Mods and BCO Team

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 9 of 9 (248 results)

Posts 241 - 248 (248 total)

Apr 8, 2018 05:41PM NotBrokenJustBent wrote:

I am a privacy freak and not savy especially when it comes to the internet world. I have had my identity stolen, my credit card number stolen on two occasions, my healthcare provider was hacked, and my yahoo email account was breached. My ex has gone thru unspeakable measures to stalk and gain information about me and to date I have only told two trusted friends and my immediate family about my BC. Now with the latest on FB I am concerned about privacy issues. Unfortunately my email address is my full name. I would sure hate the whole world to know about my BC and treatment. Am I being paranoid?

Apr 11, 2018 04:37PM Moderators wrote:

After six consecutive years of receiving a four star rating from Charity Navigator, we have received a three star rating in their most recent release. The calculation of the ratings score is complex and encompasses both financial and governance factors. The change from four to three stars this year is primarily due to our lack of budget growth in both revenue and expenses. Breastcancer.org consistently receives strong governance scores.

We are pleased to report that we continue to allocate approximately 80% of our total expenses to programs, which Charity Navigator also considers to be an important measure. 7 out of 10 charities evaluated by Charity Navigator spend 75% of more on programs.

While it is always our goal to receive four stars and we are working diligently to regain that, Charity Navigator defines a three star rating as: "Good: Exceeds or meets industry standards and performs as well as or better than most charities in its Cause."

Apr 15, 2018 07:41PM - edited Apr 16, 2018 12:44AM by M0mmyof2

This place and the people here became a lifeline for me when I became a member here. I began to feel as if I wasn’t alone anymore and felt more like I could deal with my fight against this disease. So, I just wanted to say that I agree the medical content should update, but instead of using medical terminology, it should be presented to the members in an easy to understand manner. It is bad enough that doctors use the medical terminology and in my experience, often do not explain it where I can understand it, so I have to go looking it up to try and get a better understanding of what they were trying to tell me.

I hope the moderators understand that for people like myself, I feel at times that when I hear or read about some new study about cancer, the people doing the research do not take into consideration that the people who are impacted by this disease are not all the same and therefore the research feels as if it has become biased and lumps everyone together to achieve their desired results. That kind of thinking can often lead to unintended issues down the line. Just because something may work for one person doesn't mean it will work for others. This is what I am beginning to feels is going on with these “proposed" changes.

Overall, this place is fine the way it is, but what I think most of the members are trying to convey is that it feels as if we are being not listened to when we express our opinions about the “proposed" changes.

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Apr 15, 2018 09:37PM - edited Apr 15, 2018 09:38PM by Moderators

Thanks MOmmyof2 for your feedback!

You bring up some important points which are totally reasonable and we will certainly bring your suggestions to the team.

We value our members so much and we hope that you guys know that, so please do continue to post here if you have proposals as to how the site may be improved.

Apr 15, 2018 10:30PM NotBrokenJustBent wrote:

No proposals to offer but praise to express my gratitude. This site and the amazing people saved my life in the early time when I was completely alone. Today it is still a source of continued updates on research and advancement, and a place to see what others are doing at this part of my journey. I try to give back to the newcomers but lately I am slacking. It brings back difficult times and I am at a crossroad where I am trying to move forward and not back. I give when I am able, though but no longer the mission it once was. I have formed a close alliance with several beautiful women and suspect they will be lifelong friends. I am forever indebted to BCO. Keep up the good work.

Apr 20, 2018 04:59AM kathindc wrote:

Mods, do we really need four ads for the same drug per page on the Main Site of BCO? It seems a bit excessive, if you ask me. Plus, I would think it could be a turn off for newbies being bombarded in this way, IMHO.

Apr 20, 2018 01:28PM Moderators wrote:

Hi kathindc! We will take a look and discuss it with the corresponding team. Thank you for your feedback.

The Mods

Apr 20, 2018 10:57PM Moderators wrote:

kathindc, yes indeed unfortunately it sometimes does happen. The way the banners are done, they run randomly and we are hoping to end this but for now that is what the system does. We apologize, and agree.

Page 9 of 9 (248 results)