Join Us

We are 217,583 members in 84 forums discussing 160,638 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Results of lumpectomy

Forum: LCIS (Lobular Carcinoma In Situ) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for LCIS.

Posted on: Feb 15, 2008 06:31PM

Kimber wrote:

My lumpectomy came back with clear margins, so I do not have to have a mastectomy!!!! (I have a strong family history, but am BRCA1 and 2 negative). So it looks like I will be also visiting the tamoxifen boards.....I'l know more when I meet with my oncologist on Tues.

I have developed a seroma, though, and that is quite painful and interesting (slish, slosh...)

My thanks to everyone here for all of your information, concern and advice. This is quite a confusing diagnosis and I am not looking forward to "monitoring" but I am grateful that I am not facing what some of our friends on these boards are facing with invasive cancers. I am not sure I would ever have that kind of strength. This 4 month journey has taken enough out of me.

Thanks again to everyone! I am a Mac user, so I do not have the benefit of the little icons, but if I did, I would send you all a HUGE SMILEY and big hugs.
Kimber

Strong family history, Prophylactic Bilateral Mastectomies 1/19/2010, Under "reconstruction" for 6 months.... DONE! HAPPY! Dx 1/15/2008, LCIS, 6cm+, Stage 0, ER+/PR+

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Feb 15, 2008 06:56PM awb wrote:

Kimber-----I'm sooooo happy for your good news!!!! If you have any questions about the tamox, don't hesitate to ask.  

"I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future" Dx 9/5/2003, LCIS, Stage 0, 0/0 nodes Surgery 9/15/2003 Lumpectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 10/29/2003 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 4/4/2005 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 2/27/2009 Evista (raloxifene)

Feb 16, 2008 02:59PM leaf wrote:

Go out and celebrate Kimber. I can't agree with you more about being grateful for not having a more worrisome condition. I'm a Mac user too.

I'm so glad you have clean margins!

Please let us know what your onc says!

Classic LCIS.If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them- Isaac Asimov Dx 12/8/2005, LCIS, ER+/PR- Surgery 1/24/2006 Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 7/15/2006 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)