Join Us

We are 217,583 members in 84 forums discussing 160,638 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: New kid in town

Forum: LCIS (Lobular Carcinoma In Situ) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for LCIS.

Posted on: Oct 26, 2017 09:30PM

Mel_harapat01 wrote:

Hello all!

I was diagnosed with stage 1 lubular invasive carcinoma a week ago. After I had my daughter my left breast never went back to its original size and was 2 and a half cup sizes bigger than my right. I decided after 3 years I was going to make myself feel better and get it reduced and lifted. A week after surgery my plastic surgeon told me about my pathology report and I was shocked. He said I was lucky I came in for an elective surgery or else they may not have found it for awhile.

All I know right now is my tumor was 2.2cm. Stage 1, grade 1, estrogen and progesterone positive, her2 negative. Since my plastic surgeon removed the tumor, the ends were catorised (burned) and they can't tell the margins. I met with an oncologist surgeon today and he thinks the best bet since he doesn't know where the tumor is and if anything is left to have a mastectomy. I also have a family history (my mother)

He said it was very unlikely that this has spread to my Lymph nodes but after examining me he said one on my left side seemed enlarged. Not by much and he said this could very well be because I am swollen from surgery. Needless to say I am having an MRI Sunday and an ultrasound and possibly needle biopsy Monday.

I am scared to death. I really don't want to have this spread to my lymph nodes. My life has literally been flipped upside down. I am scared to death of chemo, another surgery and also NO getting chemo.

I guess I thought I would join the group so maybe I wouldn't feel alone.

Thanks so much for listening. Any advice would be awesome!

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Oct 26, 2017 09:56PM Moderators wrote:

Hi Mel-

We want to welcome you to our community! We're so sorry you find yourself here, we know how scary and confusing this can all be. But we hope you find the support you need here, amongst people who understand what you're going through. We know it can feel like you're alone, but you aren't, we are all here for you!

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Oct 27, 2017 11:48PM Icietla wrote:

Welcome, Mel_harapat01. We are so sorry about your diagnosis. A breast cancer diagnosis is always a terrible shock. You will feel much better when you have a treatment plan.

Here is a link to our forum section on ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) topics__

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/71

In the ILC forum section, you will find many discussion threads from which you can learn a great deal about ILC, including characteristics that you may want to take into account in your deciding on surgery. ILC has more tendency than IDC to bilateral occurrence. In addition, it has been known to be capable of evading detection by mammography, sometimes by ultrasound too, sometimes even by MRI too. Take the time to read through at least some of the longer discussion threads, such as these __

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/71/topics/747515?page=1

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/71/topics/835060?page=1

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/71/topics/800630?page=1

My latest (Stage IVB) diagnosis is almost certainly of another distant primary type. To the best of my information and belief, I am still apparently what we call NED as to breast cancer, doubtless thanks to Letrozole. Dx 2/12/2016, ILC, Right, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/19/2016 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2016 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 4/25/2016 Prophylactic ovary removal Dx 8/2018, Stage IV

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)