Join Us

We are 217,583 members in 84 forums discussing 160,638 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Pain many months after excision biopsy?

Forum: LCIS (Lobular Carcinoma In Situ) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for LCIS.

Posted on: Dec 12, 2017 04:30AM

NicolaSue wrote:

Hi Ladies,

I've had just the one area of LCIS and had it removed. This was Feb 17. It was removed with vacuum assisted biopsy. I have pain in the area. It's not uncomfortable but I just wondered if this was the norm? I did have a staple placed so I'm wondering if its this. Any view welcome!

LCIS diagnosed Spring 2017. Vacuum excision biopsy. First follow up mammo 2018 - clear

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Dec 13, 2017 03:52PM light1candle wrote:

Hi NicolaSue,

Sorry to hear you still have discomfort. I don’t know if this is a normal thing or not, but I can tell you my experience. I had a stereotactic needle biopsy followed by an excisional biopsy of the same area in late July and I no longer have any pain in that area. I know they placed a titanium “marker” or staple with the first procedure but I’m not sure if it’s still there after the lumpectomy. I only remember pain for maybe a couple of weeks followed by occasional surprise twinges of nerve pain. All has resolved by now. But I know everyone is different, so maybe a call to your doctor’s office is in order? Here’s hoping you get some relief very soon

Surgery 7/27/2017 Lumpectomy: Right Dx 7/28/2017, LCIS, Right

Dec 13, 2017 05:54PM MelissaDallas wrote:

I had occasional sharp or zappy pains for a long time after mine. Probably a year or more.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Dec 13, 2017 08:08PM Georgia1 wrote:

Not exactly the same, but I'm still having pain on and off under my arm from the sentinel node biopsy I had two months ago. My surgeon explained there is often nerve damage that can linger, and the stretching exercises seem to help.

Cancer touched my breast so I kicked its ass. Dx 9/3/2017, ILC/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/9/2017 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Dx 10/10/2017, LCIS, Right, 0/1 nodes Radiation Therapy 11/26/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Dec 17, 2017 06:42AM NicolaSue wrote:

Sometimes I think I just scare myself silly. Late at night I convince myself I have a lot of pain and will get up and cry and google. Then come the morning things seem a bit better. I'm still new to my diagnosis so I guess all of this is just a normal part of adjusting. I do feel pain in the area but it's not major and so I'll just (try!) to chill until my Feb 18 check up. Thanks for the input all.

LCIS diagnosed Spring 2017. Vacuum excision biopsy. First follow up mammo 2018 - clear

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)