Join Us

We are 217,583 members in 84 forums discussing 160,638 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: DIEP

Forum: LCIS (Lobular Carcinoma In Situ) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for LCIS.

Posted on: Dec 23, 2017 10:45PM

Lisa4189 wrote:

I have had four surgeries.

Sentinel node March 2016

Double mastectomy with DIEP reconstruction April 2016

Tweeting December 2016

Liposuction reconstruction March 2017

I’m still feeling especially after I eat such an uncomfortable tightness in my lower abdomen. In area above groin it is numb. Has anyone still felt this amount of abdominal tightness after surgery

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Dec 23, 2017 10:55PM Meow13 wrote:

yes it is still tight especially when lying down. My DIEP was April 2012.

Dec 24, 2017 08:34AM Lisa4189 wrote:

I guess I know what to expect. Thank you.

Dec 24, 2017 09:15AM Lula73 wrote:

lisa-did they lipo your ab area during stage 2? What about lowering ab incision or anything around that incision? Mine was really tight til stage 2 and they did a little lipo on the abdominal area. That loosened things up a bit so it feels normal again.

-Lula Dx 1/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/14/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 3/3/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 11/2/2017 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 1/3/2018 Femara (letrozole)

Dec 24, 2017 09:07PM Lisa4189 wrote:

Lula I hope after all that things are improving. When he did the lipo it increased my incision by about 2-3” on each side. It took a long time to recover. He said the lipo would hurt. I can tell it’s improving but last night I must of ate something that made me bloated and it felt like I was wearing pants two sizes too small. But it was my lower abdomen. It was so tight I felt it was hard to breathe. I do notice that I get fuller fasterbecause otherwise my stomach stretches and pulls at it. I try to explain to people how is feels and it’s like a big thick rubber band so tight it can feel suffocating. The shooting pains in my breasts have almost gone away. I’ve heard some women experience it for years afterward. I still get them but not as frequent. Hope you are having a happy holiday.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)