Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ovasitol

Options
Annica901
Annica901 Member Posts: 2

Has anyone ever heard of a supplement called Ovasitol? The hormone therapy from Tamoxifen and Raloxifene has made my body go crazy. I have tried exercise, diet and even met with my internist, GYN and a RD, all to no avail. I has also now formed weird cycle issues for the cycles I have that mimic PCOS though my TSH is normal. I just don’t want to take something that pulls me back 2 steps, when j have come this far .

Comments

• melissadallas
    melissadallas Member Posts: 929
    edited January 2021
    Options

I’m not clear if you are talking about taking it with Tamoxifen or Raloxifene or instead of.. Ovasitol is really jus inositol

Probably the most effective thing you can do in lieu of the drugs is to maintain a healthy body weight and exercise to help keep your estrogen level as low as possible.

MSK’s supplement list has no breast cancer specific related contraindications, but doesn’t appear that it has many proven-in-people big benefits either, although a few studies indicate it might be somewhat helpful.

https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/integrative-medicine/herbs/inositol-hexaphosphate

• Annica901
    Annica901 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021
    Options

not in lieu of. I had to take a break from the side effects of Tamoxifen for the last year. I want to get my body back in check before starting back on it. So this would be prior to and then maybe with Tamoxifen not in lieu of.

My new doc thought it was crazy that my old doc had me on Raloxifene so I won’t be gone back on it.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,898
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hi Annica, and welcome to Breastcancer.org,

We're sorry you're struggling with your treatment. We hope others will be by soon to weigh in with their thoughts and experience to help you out!

Let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you as you navigate our Community.

--The Mods